Home

Lost dad Monday

Posted By: Clayborn

Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 01:53 AM

My dad passed away Monday, he was only 68. We worked together everyday on the ranch,it's been a rough last couple days. Does it ever get any easier?
Posted By: James

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 01:54 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. Your father was in my age bracket. I hope your family and friends are there for you.

Jim
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 01:55 AM

Sorry to hear. I have been in your shoes and know how you feel. Eventually you will quit hurting and start smiling at the memories. Hang in there!
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 01:58 AM

Clayborn i won't say eaiser but it does change. Lost my dad when he was 52 . That was 27 years ago and still miss him dearly however the grief is mostly over shadowed by the great memories and things he taught me.

I say a prayer for you and yours tonight.

God bless
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 01:59 AM

Sorry for your loss , prayers sent for your family.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:00 AM

Sorry for your loss. I’m about the same age as your father. Lost my dad years ago it hurt bad but embrace your family. Prayers sent
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:01 AM

So Sorry, hold on to what trapdog said^^^
Posted By: adam m

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:15 AM

Sorry for your loss.
It was rough losing my dad 7.5 years ago.
Posted By: Don

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:19 AM

It does not necessarily get easier but the human mind has a way of getting you used to it and settling your thoughts. My dad passed in '97. Is it easier? I still wish he was here but my brain has healed me to the fact that is not possible so you have to go forward.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:21 AM

Lost my dad in 2009. Wow i had to sit and realize its been that long when i typed that. He was 59, i was 26. Completely unexpected-i was working. Mom called and i remember vividly not wanting to answer because something felt off. She was screaming saying they just put him in the ambulance. He was dead before that tho. I almost drove into the ditch. I made the 2 hour drive in an hour 15 to the hospital to see him. The next 3-4 years were not great -a lot of dreams, thoughts. Numbness. Was told by a few close to me i changed-a little meaner.
To answer your question yes it does get better. It along with other things has changed me. I have found myself a lot more numb to what many people would feel sadness for. He had a ton of trapping crap and just other stuff. He was quite organized, yet never threw anything away. I have yet to be able to part with his things that i kept, and some has zero monetary value and ill probably never use it. Maybe someday. I also find myself checking with “his beliefs/standards” in my mind before making some decisions. Maybe thats everyone once they reach a certain age, im not sure. I can tell you i havent missed a trapping or turkey season since he passed as those were his two passions. Wasnt that big of deal to me before that. You will find your own ways to honor him in time. And you dont have to tell a soul why/when you do it. Youll just know he knows. PM if you ever have any questions or anything.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:29 AM

sorry for your loss
Posted By: Dan Barnhurst

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:33 AM

Sorry for your loss. I believe you will have an opportunity to reunite.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Clayborn
My dad passed away Monday, he was only 68. We worked together everyday on the ranch,it's been a rough last couple days. Does it ever get any easier?

Not right now Clayborn. Not right now.
Suffering during a loss like you're going through is different for everyone who goes through it.
PM me if you care to. I support many families before, during, and after the dear loss of a loved one.
Right now, it's healthy to be right where you say you are.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:46 AM

So sorry for your loss. For me, time did lessen the pain from the loss, but it never went away completely.
Posted By: BKS

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:48 AM

Sorry for your loss. My Dad was about the same age when we lost him 13 years ago.
The pain eases over the years or I should say it changes some.
May God bring you and yours comfort in this difficult time.
Posted By: WTT03

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:54 AM

Very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 02:58 AM

Sorry for your loss. We each have our own way and time table for our grief. I wouldn't say it ever gets easy but we find our own way to settle it so we can move on.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 03:04 AM

My thoughts and strength to you and your family. Always remember the good times.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 03:06 AM

Prayers from Va...
It gets easier but never goes.away.

Donnie
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 03:20 AM

Dads are hard to replace...unfortunately I have lost both my Dad, and my StepDad, both were very dear to me. Yes, it does get easier, but no, it never makes sense...just do your best to live by their standards, and keep their memory alive! My condolences!
Posted By: Dale Brehe

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 03:38 AM

Lost my 88 year old Dad last November. I'm thankful that until the last few months he was able to be here on the farm. I just wish that in 30 years of farming and running cattle together we could have treated each other as kindly as we were able to the last couple of months. Been thinking a lot about him the last few weeks and frankly find grief kicking me into neutral somtimes. Gotta use the good memories to get through the tough times. I hope you have others involved with running your ranch. I'm mostly by myself and the lonelies can be hard. Praying for you.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 04:36 AM

As others said, the pain and sorrow will ease up considerably but may not go away completely which is natural. I found out after losing both my parents, my only brother and my wife, time made the gut wrenching sorrow eventually evolve into wonderful memories.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 04:56 AM

Sorry for your loss. Prayers from Kansas
Posted By: MTHunter

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 04:59 AM

So sorry for your loss. Your dad lives in your heart now.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 05:10 AM

Sorry for your loss….I think and talk about my Ol Man ….all good thoughts and stories. Just remember ..we all take a swing at it…it will get easier.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 07:05 AM

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for you and your family. May your Dad rest peacefully in God's loving arms.

Charlie
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 07:34 AM

Godspeed!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 09:12 AM

prayers sent your way, it does get better with time
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 09:47 AM

My Dad has been gone for 54 yr. now. I still remember the lessons he taught and the good times we had together. He had a strong faith that he lived so I find peace knowing where he is and I plan to see him and mom again. Hang in there and remember the good times.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 10:34 AM

Sorry for your loss.

Every day I miss mine and it's been 19 years

WS
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 11:44 AM

Sorry for your loss. As others have said, time will ease the intense emotional pain. Eventually it will be replaced by good memories. That's been my experience since I lost dad twenty-one years ago.
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 12:21 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 01:16 PM

Clayton, so sorry for your loss. It's been nearly a year since we lost my dad at age 81. It does get a little easier with time, but you never forget. Still, something happens during my day and I will think I'm calling dad tonight. I miss our talks in my shop as he would drive by after he went for coffee everyday. If my vehicles were home, he would stop. These are the things I miss most.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 07:17 PM

Losing your parents is part of life.It is in Gods plan.
It is tough but makes you stronger I believe.
Lost my mom in 92
Lost my Dad in 08

God Bless.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/11/21 07:23 PM

I am also sorry to hear of your loss. Lost my mother when she was only in her 50's. Took it real hard. Heavy drinking over a long stretch and put on a ton of weight. Snapped out of it when I realized there are still a lot of other great people in my world who I was hurting by acting out on my grief. Stay strong and remember the great times but also focus on the other parts of your life.
Posted By: DavidInMT

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/12/21 01:43 AM

Very sorry for your loss, Clayborn. May you find Bible verses to help you through this tough time, such as Matthew 5:4, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Prayers from Montana for you and your family.
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/12/21 02:06 AM

Clayborn I am sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad 9 months ago at the age of 84. I still miss him every day but find that time is lessoning the hurt. Mom is still here and we both share see signs that Dad is with us. Looking thru past photos tonight of the good times we had together bring back the good memories.
My sympathies to you and your family.

Dave
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/12/21 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

So sorry for your loss. For me, time did lessen the pain from the loss, but it never went away completely.

The hole that is left will always be there, but as Paul says, the hurt will fade.
I lost my father in 2003. But, I know he is always with me.
Posted By: Garryowen

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/12/21 12:23 PM

Sorry for your loss , prayers sent for you and your family.

Garryowen
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/12/21 01:48 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss Clayborn. Yes, it does get easier. The huge void in your life you're feeling now seems to get filled. Embrace the mourning. It honors your Dad and helps you to remember. From time to time in the future, your Dad will come to visit you in your mind and you will feel sadness. It's you remembering him and there's beauty in that. None of us wants to leave this world forgotten. Your Dad didn't. Going forward, carry on for your Dad and make everything you do, honor him.

When I was on a long drive home when my mother died, I was listening to a Christian radio station and someone spoke these words, and they minister to me to this day:
"We come into this world crying while those around us are smiling - We leave this world smiling, while those around us are crying."

That helped me. I hope it helps you.
Posted By: Hunter 1

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/12/21 03:51 PM

I know how you feel, it has been 6 years for me and I still miss him every day. Stay srong...prayers sent from Canada.
Posted By: wamp

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/12/21 10:02 PM

Lost my father 35 Years ago still today I ask what would dad do.
For the first five or six years run in to a problem and think I would call dad to get his thoughts on it them stop feel a little silly then problem would be solved.
Posted By: Clayborn

Re: Lost dad Monday - 09/14/21 02:18 AM

Thanks for all the prayers and advice, I know it won't be easy.I will do my best to honor him and make him proud.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums