Home

Near bout a dog

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 05:16 PM

So we let the little fella out of his own and he as full run on 30 acres of woods but I'll tell y'all, he basically a dang dog now lol. Sleeps under the house ,comes out and sniffs everyone who walks up, and he'll just sit on the porch with ya all day. Weird thing is though he's shown zero interest in these chickens and squirrels that are every where. Like seriously watched a squirrel run up next to him in the yard while he was asleep ,he wakes up stare and it for like three seconds and goes right back to sleep, and he basically refuses to get within 10ft of the chicken pen. Tried tossing him in one day and coulda though I was about to drop him in a pot of boilin oil the way he freaked out laugh
That being said he'll kill every lizard or frog he find, but only bring you the lizards like a cat crazy
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Will say though watching him traverse the woods has been a really good learning experience
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Artrapper16

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 05:23 PM

That’s awesome did you trap him
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 05:24 PM

Love the pictures, Wolfdog!
He knows he doesn't have to get dirty hunting for his own meals. The heck with squirells and chickens!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 05:36 PM

Some day that grey fox will turn Into a real grey fox and leave a mark on you.

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav

Bit late for that, he was alot worse when he was a pup leaving what is clays where grin
[Linked Image]

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artrapper16
That’s awesome did you trap him

Nope meth head brought him with a dead female red. Raised him from before his eyes where open
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 05:52 PM

Has been my experience with coons. Sweet and friendly untill they hit sexual maturity.

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Has been my experience with coons. Sweet and friendly untill they hit sexual maturity.

Yeah these three are starting that

[Linked Image]

Non of these critters are pets btw
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 06:07 PM

We have raised coons when the moms were hit on the road, squirrels that had nest in trees I cut down, a chipmunk my daughter saved taking away from the cats, and a few other critters like birds with broken wings I won't name the species off. All were released alive and healthy. You can sure learn a lot. Squirrels and chipmunks are lighting fast and can and will climb right up your arm like a tree. Leaves 5 little blood spots where each foot went.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 06:33 PM

Cool pictures
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 08:41 PM

Always thought the grey fox looked nicer then the reds. IMO
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 09:24 PM

Looked like was taste testing you in one picture LOL
Posted By: Kmax8

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 10:21 PM

Cool man. I had a pet raccoon when I was a kid. He was born in a pen. I keep him about two years. Got a female for him and he changed quickly. So I let him go.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 10:58 PM

Put a little cayenne pepper on your ears to be safe
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 11:40 PM

Nice pics. He thinks you're his momma!!!!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 11:44 PM

I'm jealous. Always wanted a gray fox.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/12/21 11:46 PM

Looks healthy and it also looks like if your girlfriend doesn’t pan out you have someone who loves you. smile
Posted By: Ant Grit

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/13/21 01:17 AM

Like you said you can learn so much just by watching it do its thing.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/13/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
So we let the little fella out of his own and he as full run on 30 acres of woods but I'll tell y'all, he basically a dang dog now lol. Sleeps under the house ,comes out and sniffs everyone who walks up, and he'll just sit on the porch with ya all day. Weird thing is though he's shown zero interest in these chickens and squirrels that are every where. Like seriously watched a squirrel run up next to him in the yard while he was asleep ,he wakes up stare and it for like three seconds and goes right back to sleep, and he basically refuses to get within 10ft of the chicken pen. Tried tossing him in one day and coulda though I was about to drop him in a pot of boilin oil the way he freaked out

Looks like you made it into a democrat.
Posted By: run

Re: Near bout a dog - 09/13/21 03:26 PM

Nice pictures, wolfdog 91.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums