Home

Watched the ISS

Posted By: Finster

Watched the ISS - 09/17/21 02:53 AM

Watched the International Space Station flyover tonight. The wife and I were sitting out by the fire and I had looked up the path beforehand. Right on time, above the horizon, there it came. Amazing how fast that moves. I think we figured it out to be more than 24,000 fps! My .204 does around 4400 fps and that's the fastest production round made so marvel at that one. If the ISS passed you at a few hundred feet, it would be moving so fast that you would never even see it. 6X faster than the fastest production bullet. Simply Amazing!
Posted By: jk

Re: Watched the ISS - 09/17/21 12:09 PM

I remember sailing in the 70's using sextant to navigate and saw the first space station come over the horizon. I was shocked by its size and speed. Did not realize that it would be so big in the sky and yes it did move across the sky FAST. Maybe in an hour it was gone across the whole sky. Seen it many times since but not here in Pa......jk
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Watched the ISS - 09/17/21 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
Watched the International Space Station flyover tonight. The wife and I were sitting out by the fire and I had looked up the path beforehand. Right on time, above the horizon, there it came. Amazing how fast that moves. I think we figured it out to be more than 24,000 fps! My .204 does around 4400 fps and that's the fastest production round made so marvel at that one. If the ISS passed you at a few hundred feet, it would be moving so fast that you would never even see it. 6X faster than the fastest production bullet. Simply Amazing!

At a few hundred feet altitude, l it would be traveling a heck of a lot faster to maintain orbit!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums