Home

1/3rd of American Men Don't Work.

Posted By: KeithC

1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:10 PM

About 1/3rd of working age, American men don't work anymore and for the most part are not even trying to do so.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-ways-men-live-without-working-in-america-092147068.html

There are around 30 million of the parasites. The rest of us have our money taken away to support them.

This can't go on.

What can be done about it.

Keith
Posted By: Sharon

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:12 PM

Add to that untold numbers of ILLEGAL ALIENS flooding our land...including the plane loads of of non allied Muslims from Afghanistan.
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:13 PM

Yep, Haiti is gona help us out.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:26 PM

Do you consider anyone who's not working a 9-5 job a parasite? Because if you read that article you would have seen many reasons for people not being counted on the unemployment roles and not all of them were because the people weren't working. If someone saves all their life and retires at 40, is that person a parasite? Are people who make a living fishing or trapping a parasite? What about ones who make enough to live playing the stock market? The shade tree mechanic that only works with cash? Because those were all listed as reasons for people not working in that article. Now you can make the argument that some of those people are tax cheats and you would be right... but does that make them a parasite? Not in my mind! I say more power to them!

Now if you're talking about the people that just sitting on welfare (which, interestingly, your article never even mentioned) then I would agree with you!
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:33 PM

Man why you all picking on government workersm
Posted By: Dirt

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Do you consider anyone who's not working a 9-5 job a parasite? Because if you read that article you would have seen many reasons for people not being counted on the unemployment roles and not all of them were because the people weren't working. If someone saves all their life and retires at 40, is that person a parasite? Are people who make a living fishing or trapping a parasite? What about ones who make enough to live playing the stock market? The shade tree mechanic that only works with cash? Because those were all listed as reasons for people not working in that article. Now you can make the argument that some of those people are tax cheats and you would be right... but does that make them a parasite? Not in my mind! I say more power to them!

Now if you're talking about the people that just sitting on welfare (which, interestingly, your article never even mentioned) then I would agree with you!

Only me. According to Jim, I'm a parasite because I don't buy health insurance. smile
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:42 PM

Angela, you make a valid point...Many work for cash, etc...Some retired early due to good money practices.

I think it's the ones drawing a check dishonestly that people don't appreciate....The ones who refuse to pull their weight, and take advantage.

It's a reflection of their character, they are some of the worst people...Even worse than self righteous religous people, IMO.

Posted By: Blaine County

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:43 PM

People not paying taxes because they are paid in cash or just don't report income are tax cheats and therefore parasites. I bet a fair number are also welfare bums of one form or another.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 06:45 PM

Are tax cheats parasites? Because a person does not want to feed parasites, I'm not sure they are parasites.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:00 PM

Stop government handouts.No work, no eat!
Posted By: Finster

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man
Stop government handouts.No work, no eat!
X2 Get rid of welfare for all but the few that can't work. Also, if you are collecting welfare, you should have to take a drug test weekly.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:18 PM

I say repeal the federal income tax. That bloated monstrosity needs to be shrunk down to size and they want have the money to hand out any longer.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Are tax cheats parasites? Because a person does not want to feed parasites, I'm not sure they are parasites.

Do they benefit directly or even indirectly from the infrastructure and support they receive from the government?
Posted By: James

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:26 PM

As Blaine said, people who cheat on their taxes are parasites on honest taxpayers.

Jim

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by James
As Blaine said, people who cheat on their taxes are parasites on honest taxpayers.

Jim

Y'all two don't have to worry . Under Biden's spending plan if a poor fellow does a little side hustle to make extra funds and deposits $600 or more, it will be taxed. In the mean time the fat cats who can afford the accountants and tax lawyers to find the loopholes, will lower their tax burden.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ND FTA

Agree 100%. The author of that article is a complete tool. Lumping a military retiree who made good investments into the same group with disability scammers, then labeling them and six other groups as non-workers, because they do not get up, pack a lunch and punch a clock. I cannot believe the OP called 2 million military retirees parasites, because if he is agreeing with the article he posted, he did. Wow...just WOW!?!?

I know plenty of former military that are parasites. One in particular is rated with a 70 percent disability yet works out so much that he could be on the cover of Muscle and Fitness. Real disabled.

The group as a whole does not get a group pass.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:44 PM

I believe it, got alot in my own family that are welfare recipients.

For numerous reasons, always felt they could of been doing some things.

Crazy how our government runs.

My truck bumper sticker " WORK HARD , MILLION S on welfare depend on you." laugh
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 07:52 PM

Biden is working on having every financial institution report every account to the IRS that has 600.00 or more. So everyone that is so worried you will be relieved
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 08:16 PM

Who cares. The country is crumbling. Soon it won't matter.
Posted By: corky

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 08:20 PM

Interesting topic along with the topic about store checkers being replaced by self check.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 08:38 PM

I know plenty of former military that are parasites. One in particular is rated with a 70 percent disability yet works out so much that he could be on the cover of Muscle and Fitness. Real disabled.

RETIREES idiot. I said RETIREES, not FORMER MILITARY. You must have gotten 100% on the "Putting Words In Other Peoples Mouths" and "How To Twist Words" tests in law school. If you are actually calling people who have done 20 plus years of service in the military parasites, EVEN SOME OF THEM, you are a real PRICK.

Calm down.

My comment was not on military retirees. It was on improper disability ratings upon being discharged from the military. Now if someone retires and/or is discharged from the military with an improper disability rating, yes that is parasitic.

I was not commenting on military pensions.

Posted By: Hills of Texas

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 08:58 PM

People don’t want to work anymore. We are going into deer season here and I have to hire 12 to 15 people in the next two weeks. Haven’t had one person come in to apply. It’s pretty sad.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 08:58 PM

The local Dairy Queen had to cut it’s hours and close the drive up window, grocery store had 4 quit the other day so pretty much few are looking for work now.

Work is for suckers it seems. LOL
Posted By: Spade

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

RETIREES idiot. I said RETIREES, not FORMER MILITARY. You must have gotten 100% on the "Putting Words In Other Peoples Mouths" and "How To Twist Words" tests in law school. If you are actually calling people who have done 20 plus years of service in the military parasites, EVEN SOME OF THEM, you are a real PRICK.

Calm down.

My comment was not on military retirees. It was on improper disability ratings upon being discharged from the military. Now if someone retires and/or is discharged from the military with an improper disability rating, yes that is parasitic.

I was not commenting on military pensions.

Have you ever served in the military? Have you served in a combat zone? Do you know what it takes to get a disability from the VA?. If not you should look into it. It is not given just because someone, says "hey, I'm gonna be a good guy today, and give out disability awards".

Heck, even guys that lost both legs, lifts weights, and can make most weight lifters look like sissies. You don't know about that guy, he could have suffered a TBI, and if it wasn't for his working out, he could be going postal on lawyers.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Spade

Have you ever served in the military? Have you served in a combat zone? Do you know what it takes to get a disability from the VA?. If not you should look into it. It is not given just because someone, says "hey, I'm gonna be a good guy today, and give out disability awards".

Heck, even guys that lost both legs, lifts weights, and can make most weight lifters look like sissies. You don't know about that guy, he could have suffered a TBI, and if it wasn't for his working out, he could be going postal on lawyers.

He served in a non-combat role in a non-combat era for the Navy. I am pretty sure he was a machinist mate. I know him really well. Other than taking money for a disability he doesn't have, I like him a lot.

I know a few others too. I haven't studied this and my opinion is based on anecdotal evidence, but there seems to be an issue.

I am not too concerned about it. I am way more concerned about the way more prevalent forms of disability fraud.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Do they benefit directly or even indirectly from the infrastructure and support they receive from the government?

Buy some gas and you just paid user fees. You cannot avoid all taxes if you earn money and buy stuff. Try avoiding your property taxes. The government seems uninterested in raising tax revenue these days anyway. If they needed tax revenue, they wouldn't close down the private sector businesses that provide for the parasites. The parasites seem to be doing fine with printed money.

The host produces wealth. The parasite consumes wealth. The parasite needs the host.

"What's the difference between a lawyer and a tick? — Both are bloodsucking parasites, but one stops when you're dead."
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/18/21 09:49 PM

I like that!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 02:40 AM

I have a few colleagues whose kids (usually only a couple or maybe just one) never had a part-time job in high school before going off to college. Too busy with extracurricular events for school. Of course mommy and daddy made decent to good money. A lot of kids now go into adulthood without ever really breaking a sweat doing anything for money. Again, as the article said, lots of money out there sloshing around. But what the article didn't say, taking away the illegally made money, a lot of money sloshing around is based on debt somewhere...
Posted By: bblwi

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 03:31 AM

"parasite" "host" ....... Thank God there are millions of symbiotic relationships in our economy that make it work and work quite well in spite of a lot of the negative rhetoric.

Bryce
Posted By: bbasher

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 03:59 AM

I just sent in a few thousand dollars of estimated tax payments last week. If I could have saved that money I'd have likely put it toward student loans. What a messed up system. I get to pay tax on my income, plus tax (interest) on the loan. At least I get a $2500 deductible on my thousands of dollars of debt.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
"parasite" "host" ....... Thank God there are millions of symbiotic relationships in our economy that make it work and work quite well in spite of a lot of the negative rhetoric.

Bryce

Symbiotic:denoting a mutually beneficial relationship between different people or groups.

Most of the Federal budget is wealth transfer or redistribution of wealth. How is this mutually beneficial? Take my money, I could spend on my survival, and give it to somebody else to spend on their survival. crazy

It does nothing for the overall economy either.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 05:30 AM

"In other words, 70 percent of everything the federal government will spend this year will amount to writing checks to benefit individuals. That's up from 28 percent in 1968 and 50 percent in 1991. At $3.2 trillion, these federal money transfers will equal the entire economies of Canada and Mexico combined.

Here's another way to think about it.
An enormous wealth transfer engine

This year, the government will collect a little more than $3.4 trillion in revenue. It will hand all but $200 billion of that back in the form of direct payments to individuals or for services on their behalf.

It will then borrow nearly $1 trillion to pay for everything else the government does — military, roads, parks, environmental protection, law enforcement, research, education."

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

Symbiotic:denoting a mutually beneficial relationship between different people or groups.

Most of the Federal budget is wealth transfer or redistribution of wealth. How is this mutually beneficial? Take my money, I could spend on my survival, and give it to somebody else to spend on their survival. crazy

It does nothing for the overall economy either.

I do not agree with the wealth distribution the government does.

Poor people generally spend all to almost all of the money they earn or are given. The middle class and the rich are more likely to save their money. By giving the money the middle class and rich earned to the poor, the democrats do make it more likely that money will be quickly spent and taxed, instead of saved.

Driving up inflation penalizes those who thought of the future and saved. It puts more of that money into the government's coffers as tax revenue too, as people are forced to dig in to their savings to pay for the higher costs of goods and services.

Keith

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 06:41 AM

"This amounts to a vast, and largely unheralded, shift in the role of government — from one that focuses on things like national defense and basic services to one that functions as an enormous wealth transfer engine. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. Who would object to the government shifting money from the wealthy to the less fortunate?

Except that's not what happens. What's remarkable, in fact, is how little of all this money goes to the poor and downtrodden.

Just $102 billion of that $3.2 trillion will go to provide food and nutrition assistance money to the needy, and only $196 billion on other public assistance programs. Direct payments to help offset the cost of education, training and employment services will add up to only $77 billion.
Government robs Peter to pay ... Peter?

By contrast, the federal government will hand out $88 billion worth of pension checks to retired civil servants.

The vast bulk of all the money paid to individuals will, in fact, go to the middle class, and even the upper middle class, largely through Social Security and Medicare — programs for which even the richest Americans receive benefits. Almost 12 percent of retirees collecting Social Security checks have incomes $100,000 and over, according to the Social Security Administration. A 2011 report by then-Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., found that millionaires were collecting $9 billion in retirement checks from the federal government.

Medicare results in "net transfers from the poor to the wealthy," both because of how it's paid for and the fact that wealthier retirees tend to live longer and spend more on health care, according to a study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

In recent years, one of the fastest growing check-writing programs in the federal budget has been in the category of "veterans benefits and services," which aren't means tested. The Department of Veterans Affairs writes more than $64 billion in disability checks to veterans — almost triple the amount spent in 2000 — and most of those checks go to vets who have jobs.

In short, while there is no doubt that redistribution of wealth is going on — the richest 1 percent pay 39 percent of federal income taxes — the fact is that much of what the federal government does today is rob Peter to pay …. Peter."

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:34 AM

Only me. According to Jim, I'm a parasite because I don't buy health insurance. smile

I never called you a parasite. I said something like this:

Everybody has a risk of serious or catastrophic injury or illness. You can cover that risk in two ways I can think of: with health insurance, or by setting aside enough assets to pay the cost.

If you don't cover your own risk yourself, somebody has to. You've shifted the risk, and eventual cost, to the rest of us, who carry insurance or pay in cash. If you've got a million bucks or so sitting around to cover your medical risk, you can disregard what I'm saying.

Now, Dirt, I've never heard you renounce hospitals and doctors. It my be a wrong guess to say that you won't, that you'd run to the hospital like the rest of us if you or one of your family got sick or injured.

No more of this "parasite" business, you hear. Hold your head up, man! I'm sure you'll never get sick or injured.

Jim

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:42 AM

I'd get my hip boots on, but they have a leak in the bottom. smile
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 11:32 AM

I don’t consider anyone that keeps money from someone who doesn’t know how to spend it wisely a parasite. I wish more Americans would do it.

People who take their hand off the wagon without climbing on the wagon should be praised not demonized as well.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 12:25 PM

I don't do a lick of work for money.
50 years of doing that was enough.
just

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 12:41 PM

just

Then you're probably in the age cohort (16-64) of guys this article is talking about...

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 01:02 PM

Im not trapping this year. Prices are terrible. I might just get a 2nd job to work in my off time.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 01:19 PM

One parasite might be calling another a tax cheat. Some folks feel a moral obligation to not support illegitamate government.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
I don’t consider anyone that keeps money from someone who doesn’t know how to spend it wisely a parasite. I wish more Americans would do it.

People who take their hand off the wagon without climbing on the wagon should be praised not demonized as well.

Are you going to praise the crack dealer who doesn't report and pay taxes on his profits?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 01:39 PM

Some people work hard their whole life to enjoy retirement, the military 20 year deal has always been a option for some for giving up control of their lives I have no issues with that.

Then some work to get to get on assistance or win the welfare lottery and get on disability and never needing to work again.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 01:44 PM

What I like best about tax court is the burden of proof is on the taxpayer. Whole system needs scrapped.

Our military's goal should be to prevent, and failing that, stop invasion. Armed citizens cost government nothing. Our military could easily be cut 75%.

Welfare should end. Charity should be voluntary

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Some people work hard their whole life to enjoy retirement, the military 20 year deal has always been a option for some for giving up control of their lives I have no issues with that.

Then some work to get to get on assistance or win the welfare lottery and get on disability and never needing to work again.

I don't have a problem either. I do think a fair discussion would be had though on whether the 20 years should be increased because of longer life expectancies. The same discussion would also be fair on other 20 year service requirements. 38 years old today isn't the same as it used to be.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Spade

He served in a non-combat role in a non-combat era for the Navy. I am pretty sure he was a machinist mate. I know him really well. Other than taking money for a disability he doesn't have, I like him a lot.

I know a few others too. I haven't studied this and my opinion is based on anecdotal evidence, but there seems to be an issue.

I am not too concerned about it. I am way more concerned about the way more prevalent forms of disability fraud.

So do you know what his disability is? The military considers my husband disabled but he can and DID work all his life until retirement despite that. The reason he is considered disabled is because the military caused him to lose his hearing. I guess they feel loss of hearing is a disability worth being compensated for. My husband of course was able to work, but there were also jobs he could have otherwise done but was unable to because of his hearing. Remember that not all disabilities are visible.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 02:35 PM

Opinions are a dime a dozen, but my opinion is that people who avoid paying taxes to the federal government are NOT parasites.

Originally Posted by Pike River

I'm trying to think how I benefit in any way from Federal taxes. The only thing I can come up with is the rare occasions that I use an Interstate highway. And the military of course. The military is the one thing I don't mind my tax dollars going to though. If the federal gov't would be doing what they SHOULD be doing which is basically worrying about defense of our country and nothing else, I wouldn't mind paying taxes.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
just

Then you're probably in the age cohort (16-64) of guys this article is talking about...

Duh
a simple math lesson.
1+1=2
50 years + 20 years = 70. I've been retired for 5 years = 75

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 02:48 PM

[quoteDuh
a simple math lesson.
1+1=2
50 years + 20 years = 70. I've been retired for 5 years = 75][/quote]

Good for you. Enjoy! I still don't know why you commented about a story that is about "working age" men 16 through 64, except to tell us you worked for 50 years. Congratulations!!.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 02:49 PM

That least the retired people are paying their taxes with earned money that we planned on unlike the never ending welfare system that spans generations.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 02:53 PM

So do you know what his disability is? The military considers my husband disabled but he can and DID work all his life until retirement despite that. The reason he is considered disabled is because the military caused him to lose his hearing. I guess they feel loss of hearing is a disability worth being compensated for. My husband of course was able to work, but there were also jobs he could have otherwise done but was unable to because of his hearing. Remember that not all disabilities are visible.

Knees. He still plays in an adult soccer leauge, in addition to aspiring to look like the Incredible Hulk.

I am not saying all. I am saying some.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 02:57 PM

Opinions are a dime a dozen, but my opinion is that people who avoid paying taxes to the federal government are NOT parasites.

I'm trying to think how I benefit in any way from Federal taxes. The only thing I can come up with is the rare occasions that I use an Interstate highway. And the military of course. The military is the one thing I don't mind my tax dollars going to though. If the federal gov't would be doing what they SHOULD be doing which is basically worrying about defense of our country and nothing else, I wouldn't mind paying taxes.

No offense but one big way you benefit are your husband's military disability payments. Those are funded by federal tax dollars.

I'll assume those go into your household income category.
Posted By: Dragger

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by trapper les

One parasite might be calling another a tax cheat. Some folks feel a moral obligation to not support illegitamate government.

Everybody should pay thier fair share. The Taliban needs better weapons and illegal aliens need free health care.

Wasteful spending is the real problem.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 03:25 PM

Are you going to praise the crack dealer who doesn't report and pay taxes on his profits?

lol

You really are an idiot. Equating a criminal activity to someone working their (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off legally.

The infrastructure that I use is paid for by the fees I have to pay to participate, or so I was told that.

As an example, tolls on toll roads are there to pay for the maintenance. That the government has put a booger on it isn’t the users issue.
Posted By: Dragger

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by trapper les

Everybody should pay thier fair share. The Taliban needs better weapons and illegal aliens need free health care.

Wasteful spending is the real problem.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 03:41 PM

They have a high risk, short life span career. They are exempt. LOL.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
Biden is working on having every financial institution report every account to the IRS that has 600.00 or more. So everyone that is so worried you will be relieved

I read that, I can't see that pass an become law, that ridiculous an stupid an accomplish nothing, I hate binden, worse thing happen , was hope trump stay in office

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
What I like best about tax court is the burden of proof is on the taxpayer. Whole system needs scrapped.

Our military's goal should be to prevent, and failing that, stop invasion. Armed citizens cost government nothing. Our military could easily be cut 75%.

Welfare should end. Charity should be voluntary

"Just $102 billion of that $3.2 trillion will go to provide food and nutrition assistance money to the needy, and only $196 billion on other public assistance programs. Direct payments to help offset the cost of education, training and employment services will add up to only $77 billion.
Government robs Peter to pay ... Peter?"

Boom! Gone! Now the deficit is down to 600 billion. That don't address the problem. Military cut by 75 % Boom! Gone! Now the deficit is75 billion. In 2019. The federal deficit in 2020 was $3.1 trillion, Oops!

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 04:07 PM

lol

You really are an idiot. Equating a criminal activity to someone working their (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off legally.

The infrastructure that I use is paid for by the fees I have to pay to participate, or so I was told that.

As an example, tolls on toll roads are there to pay for the maintenance. That the government has put a booger on it isn’t the users issue.

A tax cheat and a crack dealing tax cheat are both criminals. In one instance, you may not approve of the off the books income. If the truck driving tax cheat is praised for breaking the law, why not praise the crack dealing tax cheat?

I'll do this step by step for you.

PS. I hate taxes.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 04:21 PM

" The Whiskey Rebellion
Famous Whiskey Insurrection in Pennsylvania. 1794. In: Devens, Our First Century. p. 161. Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division.

It all started with a tax. What came to be known as the Whiskey Rebellion of 1794, or the Western Insurrection, took place over a period of time beginning in 1791 by most accounts. While some would say the roots go back much further, it was not until March 3, 1791 that Congress instituted an excise tax on distilled liquors that set the rebellion of 1794 in motion."

Washington's former best troops. No good deed goes unpunished. smile

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 04:30 PM

No offense but one big way you benefit are your husband's military disability payments. Those are funded by federal tax dollars.

I'll assume those go into your household income category.

Yep you're right but as I said the Military, including care of veterans, is in my opinion, the ONLY thing the federal government should be spending tax money on.
Posted By: Marty

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 05:30 PM

I work outside, solo home/garden business, packing up at the end of the day homeowner comes out and asks me "aren't you tired'? One day the temp was around 35, I was boxing in some posts on the front porch and homeowner comes out and tells me to go home because it is too cold to work outside....doing a landscape job on a hot day I am dripping wet with sweat and have a question so I ring the bell, homeowner comes out and says he cannot walk around the side of the house because it is too hot....etc...

not only do many not work but many people have never actually done any hard work for ten minutes...that's why 50% of the USA are fat slobs....
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Originally Posted by stinkypete

I read that, I can't see that pass an become law, that ridiculous an stupid an accomplish nothing, I hate binden, worse thing happen , was hope trump stay in office

Right on, Dave!
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 06:17 PM

1/3 of American men are walking alone with a mask on or driving with a mask on alone or even riding a bicycle alone and yes a mask on. 1/3 of the men in America have drank the cool aid of this administration and the media’s for are scared to death by their rhetorical!

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 06:28 PM

lol

A tax cheat and a crack dealing tax cheat are both criminals. In one instance, you may not approve of the off the books income. If the truck driving tax cheat is praised for breaking the law, why not praise the crack dealing tax cheat?

I'll do this step by step for you.

PS. I hate taxes.

Here I’ll go slow for you.

A guy robs a bank and wants to keep the money he stole is not the same as a guy that wants to keep the money he EARNED.

Being a democrat sympathizer I see you believe we owe the government something for being born here. I don’t.

Your turn, go.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:03 PM

Does a lawyer get paid by book time like a mechanic?
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:18 PM

Praise? No. But if he lives solely off the proceeds of his business then what infrastructure has he utilized that he didn't have a hand in paying for? He's still paying for roads when he buys gas so he can roll down the street in his 6-4.

Crack kills. But so does tobacco, and they see it as legitimate enough to tax the snot out of it.

Mike

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:26 PM

And alcohol. And lawyers make a good living suing drinkers and automobile drivers. And thank the lawyers for getting folks on disability!.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:29 PM

Our country was started by men sick of to much tax

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:33 PM

I feel great paying taxes I want to pay more until I cannot afford to live. LOL Look back at 84 billion dollars of equipment left behind and pallets of cash given to Terrorists then trillions of dollars wasted on a 20 year war plus money given to countries that hate us. Now who would not be willing to give just a little more. If you don’t pay they make up new taxes to take more from you so all they want is more!

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:41 PM

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 07:43 PM

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 08:14 PM

Having worked closely with business owners for 40 years doing financial planning and tax prep, I found those that spent a lot of time trying to avoid paying taxes, typically wound up in more financial difficulty than those that managed their taxable income by being far better financial planners.

Bryce

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 08:28 PM

I personally know two guys that inherited well, then decided they were going to fight the Gubmint on inheritance tax. They both lost.
Remember back when the farmers all drove their tractors to D.C to protest grain prices? One of them ran over some police motorcyces with his tractor. He was one of them that didn't beat the Gubmint inheritance tax.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 09:07 PM

A guy robs a bank and wants to keep the money he stole is not the same as a guy that wants to keep the money he EARNED.

Being a democrat sympathizer I see you believe we owe the government something for being born here. I don’t.

Your turn, go.

The ol' TMan strategy of calling someone a democrat when they have nothing better to say. I actually thought you were a little smarter than that.

Remember, you said:

You are caught up on the wrong part. Let's use you and stick with the crack dealer. You earn $25 and all of the cake you can eat playing cover songs at some kid's birthday party. A crack dealer earns $1000 selling crack. Both of you have reportable and taxable income. Yes, the crack dealer committed a crime in earning his money. However, if you and the crack dealer fail to report your incomes and pay taxes on it (if owed) both of you have committed exactly the same federal crime. So, praise yourself and him too. From a taxation standpoint, you are the same people.

Nobody hates paying taxes more than me. Nobody hates wasteful spending more than me--and most of it is. I am however never going to condone someone not pulling their weight just because they don't want to--especially when the rest of us are paying their way.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 09:16 PM

I'm a Johnny Cash fan, but that's not one of his best songs.

Jim
Posted By: Boco

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 09:33 PM

Tax cheats and welfare cheats are cheats.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 09:37 PM

how about some beatles James? I dont think they liked what happened to their money either

One, two, three, four
One, two (one, two, three, four)
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
I'll tax the street
(If you try to sit, sit) I'll tax your seat
(If you get too cold, cold) I'll tax the heat
(If you take a walk, walk) I'll tax your feet
(Taxman)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Don't ask me what I want it for
(Ah, ah, Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more
(Ah, ah, Mr. Heath)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Now my advice for those who die (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes (taxman)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me (taxman)

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 09:52 PM

I'm a so-so Beatles fan, but that's not one of their best songs either.

Jim

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 09:54 PM

I got a soft spot for blues. Last song on this thread i will post. Just remember none of this is really new. Time to decide whats to be done

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:01 PM

Excellent!

Jim

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:09 PM

So tax cheats are not parasites? It takes effort to report income. It takes no effort to not report income. I see no point in putting the effort in.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:19 PM

I like the way you think.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I like the way you think.

Last I looked, the government wasn't paying me for effort. smile

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:26 PM

True.....but they will punish you for it.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:29 PM

And alcohol. And lawyers make a good living suing drinkers and automobile drivers. And thank the lawyers for getting folks on disability!.

Aren't/weren't you on disability?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:38 PM

I am! Lawyers determined I wasn't fit to work anymore (brain seizures) and more lawyers asked to represent me so I could get disability! Lawyers are great aren't they?
I still do more work in a day than most healthy men.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:39 PM

There is a huge amount of business conducted that completely ignores all government regulation. A lot that ignores various tax laws. IMO instead of worrying about the stripper working for tips we need to change the tax code and eliminate most government spending. if we didnt need a school board superintendent 100 years ago we dont need one today? just what exactly do they do to earn those 6 figure incomes???????

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 10:44 PM

What would be nice if the Gubmint would allow folks on SS to work before they reach full retirement age. With the willing worker shortage it would be a win-win but the Gubmint won't allow that.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 11:02 PM

Your turn, go.

The ol' TMan strategy of calling someone a democrat when they have nothing better to say. I actually thought you were a little smarter than that.

Remember, you said:

You are caught up on the wrong part. Let's use you and stick with the crack dealer. You earn $25 and all of the cake you can eat playing cover songs at some kid's birthday party. A crack dealer earns $1000 selling crack. Both of you have reportable and taxable income. Yes, the crack dealer committed a crime in earning his money. However, if you and the crack dealer fail to report your incomes and pay taxes on it (if owed) both of you have committed exactly the same federal crime. So, praise yourself and him too. From a taxation standpoint, you are the same people.

Nobody hates paying taxes more than me. Nobody hates wasteful spending more than me--and most of it is. I am however never going to condone someone not pulling their weight just because they don't want to--especially when the rest of us are paying their way.

Are you certain English is your language? LMAO!

A “democrat sympathizer” is not actually a democrat.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 11:04 PM

"Everybody has a risk of serious or catastrophic injury or illness. You can cover that risk in two ways I can think of: with health insurance, or by setting aside enough assets to pay the cost."

There is third way Jim.

"Can I get coverage if I have a pre-existing condition?

Yes. Under the Affordable Care Act, health insurance companies can’t refuse to cover you or charge you more just because you have a “pre-existing condition” — that is, a health problem you had before the date that new health coverage starts."

Thanks!
Posted By: rex123

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 11:08 PM

Since when can't people on SS work before full retirement age?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
Since when can't people on SS work before full retirement age?

they can but are penalized over $18,000 income I believe.
Posted By: Anglinscreek

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/19/21 11:50 PM

Everyone gets bent out of shape over a dollar for social welfare while turning a.blind eye to the hundred dollars for corporate welfare.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Anglinscreek
Everyone gets bent out of shape over a dollar for social welfare while turning a.blind eye to the hundred dollars for corporate welfare.

Yup, sad isn’t it.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:17 AM

Can you get us a list of corporations receiving a check so we can get bent out of shape on that?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:18 AM

Can you get us a list of corporations receiving a check so we can get bent out of shape on that?

Be a long list.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:21 AM

"However, the largest fraction of corporate welfare spending, about 40%, went through the Department of Agriculture, most of it in the form of farm subsidies."

Bryce would probably be our most knowledgeable member about these.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:21 AM

Any private business that receives tax payer dollars or pay no taxes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/16/these-91-fortune-500-companies-didnt-pay-federal-taxes-in-2018.html

From CNBC so who knows how accurate it is

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:22 AM

Define "democrat sympathizer," please.

I dare ya.

Jim

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:25 AM

Anyone who voted for Sniffy

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:26 AM

Tax the rich.leave us po folk alone.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Tax the rich.leave us po folk alone.

Problems is everyone gets classified as rich in that scenario.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:33 AM

Our corporation, when I was in business, didn't pay any federal taxes either. To avoid the double-taxation issue, we distributed all of the corporation's yearly net income to ourselves and employees as year-end bonuses.

If our corporation did have to pay taxes, it was due to a screw-up by the accountants, managing partner, or bookkeeper.

Jim

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:34 AM

Should be a flat tax based on each persons income.

I’m sure most are ok when tax money is used for defense of the nation.

Not so much when it is used as a slush fund and wasted.

No more stimulus checks for redistribution of wealth.

I’m a fan of Congress being a no pay position with term limits

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:36 AM

I dare ya.

Jim

Anyone who starts a sentence with "I'm a conservative but..." or "I'm a moderate Republican."

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:38 AM

Still waiting on a list.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:38 AM

Still waiting on a list.

Phillips-Van Heusen
Gannett
INTL FCStone
Murphy Oil
AECOM Technology
International Business Machines
CenturyLink
DowDuPont
Activision Blizzard
Avis Budget Group
Celanese
JetBlue Airways
Deere
First Data
Duke Energy
Pitney Bowes
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
WEC Energy Group
Levi Strauss
Brighthouse Financial
Aramark
Whirlpool
Prudential Financial
Trinity Industries
Ryder System
United States Steel
Eli Lilly
CMS Energy
Tapestry
EOG Resources
Beacon Roofing Supply
SPX
Realogy
Public Service Enterprise Group
Rockwell Collins
Goodyear Tire & Rubber
MDU Resources
FedEx
Williams
SpartanNash
Chevron
Delta Air Lines
Edison International
Penske Automotive Group
Principal Financial
PulteGroup
Air Products & Chemicals
Honeywell International
Netflix
General Motors
Tenet Healthcare
Xcel Energy
Halliburton
MGM Resorts International
Atmos Energy
Molson Coors
Nvidia
PPL
American Electric Power
Starbucks
Dominion Resources
Mohawk Industries
DTE Energy
Amazon
Andersons
Kinder Morgan
Owens Corning
Devon Energy
DXC Technology
FirstEnergy
Ameren
Hartford Financial Services
Alaska Air Group
Darden Restaurants
Ally Financial
Sanmina-SCI
Builders FirstSource
McKesson
Occidental Petroleum
UGI
Westrock
AK Steel Holding
ABM Industries
Cliffs Natural Resources
AMR
Chesapeake Energy
HD Supply
Navistar International
Pioneer Natural Resources
Salesforce.com
Visteon

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:48 AM

I dare ya.

Jim

you and all like you.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Still waiting on a list.

Phillips-Van Heusen
Gannett
INTL FCStone
Murphy Oil
AECOM Technology
International Business Machines
CenturyLink
DowDuPont
Activision Blizzard
Avis Budget Group
Celanese
JetBlue Airways
Deere
First Data
Duke Energy
Pitney Bowes
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
WEC Energy Group
Levi Strauss
Brighthouse Financial
Aramark
Whirlpool
Prudential Financial
Trinity Industries
Ryder System
United States Steel
Eli Lilly
CMS Energy
Tapestry
EOG Resources
Beacon Roofing Supply
SPX
Realogy
Public Service Enterprise Group
Rockwell Collins
Goodyear Tire & Rubber
MDU Resources
FedEx
Williams
SpartanNash
Chevron
Delta Air Lines
Edison International
Penske Automotive Group
Principal Financial
PulteGroup
Air Products & Chemicals
Honeywell International
Netflix
General Motors
Tenet Healthcare
Xcel Energy
Halliburton
MGM Resorts International
Atmos Energy
Molson Coors
Nvidia
PPL
American Electric Power
Starbucks
Dominion Resources
Mohawk Industries
DTE Energy
Amazon
Andersons
Kinder Morgan
Owens Corning
Devon Energy
DXC Technology
FirstEnergy
Ameren
Hartford Financial Services
Alaska Air Group
Darden Restaurants
Ally Financial
Sanmina-SCI
Builders FirstSource
McKesson
Occidental Petroleum
UGI
Westrock
AK Steel Holding
ABM Industries
Cliffs Natural Resources
AMR
Chesapeake Energy
HD Supply
Navistar International
Pioneer Natural Resources
Salesforce.com
Visteon

Any chance how much each one of them received or is that data classified?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 01:17 AM

Told ya' it be a long list.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 01:27 AM

watching the one guy working at the kwik Trip tonight in a wheel chair , I sure see a lot of people a lot more able not working

finally some one came up to help him as there was long line

guy in the wheel chair even managed to get one guy his skoal it was nearly the top of the rack that was a reach.
Posted By: charles

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 01:31 AM

In the late 70s, a Fortune 500 Company I worked for was exploring putting a plant in Juarez, MX. we found that the workforce was almost entirely female, because healthcare and maternity care was only given to working citizens.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 10:36 AM

Our corporation, when I was in business, didn't pay any federal taxes either. To avoid the double-taxation issue, we distributed all of the corporation's yearly net income to ourselves and employees as year-end bonuses.

If our corporation did have to pay taxes, it was due to a screw-up by the accountants, managing partner, or bookkeeper.

Jim

Must have been lawful to do so or do you have computer privileges from federal prison?
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 11:08 AM

I dare ya.

Jim

I can do that in one word !!!

Here you go - JAMES grin grin

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:06 PM

Jim

Must have been lawful to do so or do you have computer privileges from federal prison?

Aren't bonuses considered as taxable income too? Maybe the laws changed since that time. Gift cards are not taxable last I knew.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:15 PM

The complexity of the tax code is one huge problem. Its ridiculous that you need to hire a tax specialist to manage whats owed. The whole income tax code shouldn't take up more than a couple paragraphs if we're going to continue with this horse apple nonsense

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 12:49 PM

Let’s see, wealthy politicians that don’t work and require “donations” to keep them wealthy are responsible for the tax code, what could go wrong?

Money is their power. I say again, any citizen that takes as much as they can away from them before they can “distribute” it should be praised.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 01:51 PM

No taxation without representation! Who represents the taxpayer?
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 01:58 PM

Socialism not at work...
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 01:58 PM

Lots of not working or never worked around here on disability. We’re in the fourth generation now since Lyndon Johnson. Lots of mental and back issues that are hard to define. When I hear the statement that “ My back’s so bad they won’t operate on it” I’m highly suspect there’s nothing to operate on. About all of them say they can’t work but do work carpentry, sawmills or concrete work for cash and hunt, fish and trap, ride ATV)s and bass boats. Sadly, the govt. check has become first option and is way too easily acquired with any sort of excuse. The coon hunt my working buddy went on one night years ago comes to mind. It was right after Obama assumed the throne. The other three were bragging they had just voted themselves a raise in. He got pretty aggravated. Most around here are like that. They are not ashamed a bit to draw a fraudulent check. They have a network amongst themselves sharing knowledge to all get on whatever comes up in the way of government handouts. The ones that really get defensive are the ones that know deep down within themselves they could be working an honest job instead of beating their way through life dishonestly. Instead of being like the man in the wheelchair or with one arm working. Lots of males around here that drop off their wives at work though…..
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 02:24 PM

You nailed it kytrapper, Much of the same here on the west end of the state.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 02:32 PM

Is there an IRS business code for Crack Dealer? Seems to me it would be hard for a Crack dealer to report his income without getting in trouble for running an illegal business? Seems like Catch 22?
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 02:43 PM

Some of you guys are so predictable. First this is the first I have seen this thread so I didn't read all of it. ONE big thing the reporter included in his stats are the working age males. 16 ! really He started or whom ever did the data including the unemployed males. Not taking into consideration thousands still in high school and then again college. So your beloved college football players fall into the parasite category . Get real , think about the basis of the article.

Another topic to divide and pit the nation against each other. Dems want to keep something stirred up to divert the mess they have and continue to create. We better hope and pray we are still a nation by 2022.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 02:53 PM

I have not read through all of this so if I'm repeating others, please to excuse....but my take is if somebody has figured out how to basically live off the land, doesn't make enough cash to legally owe taxes, and isn't taking advantage of government assistance; then I say good for you.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 02:58 PM

A few years ago NE came up with a Marijuana tax stamp even though it's illegal. Then they could add another charge when someone was busted. Lawmakers are earning their keep!

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 03:05 PM

How many of you think your individual tax burden will be less when they “make corporations pay their fair share”?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 03:10 PM

"IRS Guidance for Thieves, Drug Dealers, and Corrupt Officials

June 9, 2014
Alan Cole

IRS Publication 17, which helps taxpayers determine how to report their income, is extremely detailed. Its section on “Other Income” has some of the most fascinating sorts of income you are obligated to report. Here are three that stand out:

Bribes. If you receive a bribe, include it in your income.

Illegal activities. Income from illegal activities, such as money from dealing illegal drugs, must be included in your income on Form 1040, line 21, or on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040) if from your self-employment activity.

Stolen property. If you steal property, you must report its fair market value in your income in the year you steal it unless in the same year, you return it to its rightful owner."

"Hey Manuel, how much did I pay Carlos to make that hit on Pablo ?" "I need to know in order to write the expense off on my Schedule C" " I'm going to put it under Other business expenses."

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 03:15 PM

Two of the Tman disability fraud cases on the same page!

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 04:32 PM

And you feel obligated to pay taxes to support them crazy

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 04:42 PM

I'd feel guilty using all the gov't provided services if I didnt pay my dues.
I have no problem with people not paying taxes if they dont drive on the roads or walk on the sidewalks or use municipal water, sewer, garbage pick up,snow removal,police services,healthcare etc.
I dont pay taxes to pay for cheaters,I pay tax for the services I use. Theft is rampant by crooks in all walks of life.
The same ones that dont pay tax may not go out of their way to steal your stuff,but they are the ones who will commit thefts of opportunity.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 04:51 PM

I pay gasoline taxes to use the roads, along with licensing fees and registration fees. That they have mismanaged that money is not my problem.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 04:51 PM

A problem here is workers seem to claim an injury in the fall so they can ride workmans compensation for the winter. I had one employee ride WC for years even took my insurance company to the state Supreme Court. I was sure glad I had insurance! His injury was his own fault didn’t follow my instructions but I still paid in higher premiums.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 04:58 PM

I feel obligated to not go to prison for tax evasion.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 05:08 PM

I feel obligated to not go to prison for tax evasion.

Have you seen their healthcare plan? Option # 4 Jim. Rob a bank. smile

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 05:11 PM

I work harder now then I did when I was getting paid. LOL

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 05:20 PM

"One of the more frequent questions I get from people curious about jail medicine is "Who pays for this? And how do you yourself get paid?" Well, correctional medicine certainly has a different payment and reimbursement system than we use for the rest of American medicine. In fact, inmates have a medical system that has more in common with Canada's single-payer model than the U.S.! But I get ahead of myself....

The central fact upon which correctional medical care hinges is this one: Inmates are the only residents of the United States with a constitutional guarantee of medical care. "

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I'd feel guilty using all the gov't provided services if I didnt pay my dues.
I have no problem with people not paying taxes if they dont drive on the roads or walk on the sidewalks or use municipal water, sewer, garbage pick up,snow removal,police services,healthcare etc.
I dont pay taxes to pay for cheaters,I pay tax for the services I use. Theft is rampant by crooks in all walks of life.
The same ones that dont pay tax may not go out of their way to steal your stuff,but they are the ones who will commit thefts of opportunity.

I currently pay my taxes, but if I came across a good, off the books job I wouldn't hesitate to take it! 95% of my driving is done on state or county roads, the upkeep of which is paid for by property, sales and gas taxes. I pay enough in federal gas taxes to cover my occasional drive on an interstate. I don't recall the last time I used a sidewalk, but I don't think federal taxes are building those either. We have septic, and PAY for our water and garbage pickup. No snow removal here. I receive no healthcare. I do like having the county sheriff's around, but don't know if they receive any federal tax dollars?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 05:49 PM

All made possible by lawyers. Thank you very much.
Now I want to go to prison so I can get free health care and dental! Made possible by the good lawyers of course. Gotta love the lawyers.
I almost feel obligated to make a donation to the National Brotherhood of Lawyers. Anybody have an address?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 05:59 PM

The lawyers didn't make you sign up.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 06:00 PM

"Expensive trend: People committing crimes to get free jail health care " Fox News

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 06:01 PM

[quote=Blaine County]Two of the Tman disability fraud cases on the same page!

I almost feel obligated to make a donation to the National Brotherhood of Lawyers. Anybody have an address?

Make donations to the Democratic Party, all the same!

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 08:37 PM

To me this thread is a good example of why many don't like data or facts as we can choose to surmise, generalize and omit etc. aspects of the numbers that best fit our desired outcome or intention. There will be thousands and thousands of articles etc. drafted post census as there always are. We take data and numbers and add politics to that and we create ways to find fault in most if not all that are not in sync with our thoughts.

If we would assume that say almost all males under 18 would not be recorded as working, all men over 70 and add in disabled 1/3rd is a very realistic number imo. Sure there are outliers in everything but demographically to me that percentage is realistic and will get higher if we drag on getting the economy up and running faster and 1-2 million baby boomer males retire every year.

Bryce

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 08:49 PM

My contribution to the post is I don’t even consider those like teenagers and retirees or obviously truly disabled.What I see around me is 21-50 somethings that will not strike a lick at a snake except maybe cash on the side. They don’t want to jeopardize the food stamps, additional cash deposited into the bank at 1201 am on the first of every month, HUD paying their rent, another government agency providing “ assistance” on their heat and electric bill and all the breadwinners in the household, the kids, getting free braces.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 08:57 PM

Boco since I pay my taxes maybe the feds will pay for the 15k new sepctic system I'm having put in, and that 7 k for water meter and lines I just ran for the high tunnel and grazing. But In stead they will just make me pay more property tax. I drive on county roads all my property tax, 7%sales tax and state income tax, on top of license plates and other fees. I pay for my kids school not the government. And I pay for my families health care . People here pay for their trash pick up its not a government services either.

About 50% of my income goes out in some form of tax I do not benefit from or agree with. Government spending has been out of control mist of my life and getting worse.

Now if my taxes were about 7%-10% total and limited to roads, the military and them paying the electric and water bills of their offices I would mind paying taxes as much.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 09:25 PM

You folks gotta come to grips with the fact that it is all a ponzi scheme.....lotsa people are paid way too much, the welfare folks, all the entitlements, government workers who do nothing and the list is endless.......so they can keep the scheme going. shovel $ to people who shovel it into the scheme. Congress exempts itself from laws...votes in their benefits/salary/nicities.....it is all a scam. The biggest $ budget in the world is being skimmed by a bunch of thieves. Got the worst of them in charge right now and that won't change anytime soon...2022 they will pick up more seats.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/20/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
The lawyers didn't make you sign up.

They offered! And no employer wants an employee that's taking seizure meds! They might get sued by a lawyer!

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 12:05 AM

I know several people who take seizure meds that are gainfully employed. My kid is one of them.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I know several people who take seizure meds that are gainfully employed. My kid is one of them.

Absolutely correct.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 12:09 AM

I cannot turn away an applicant because of Pre or current health conditions. I can due to lack of experience.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 12:14 AM

Only question I can ask pertaining to health is if they are able to drive a vehicle or operate machinery. If it is a requirement for the position.

Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 12:48 AM

Middle of winter, sitting in a tiny life raft in the ocean , 100 mph winds and 5 guys. After 2 hours a helicopter shows up and one says to another “ so you gonna start paying your taxes now,Richie ?”

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Only question I can ask pertaining to health is if they are able to drive a vehicle or operate machinery. If it is a requirement for the position.

Absolutely capable..until there's an accident and a lawyer shows up to sue!

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 01:12 AM

After 21 years I had earned a position in management. Sorry, not starting over at 7.50 an hour. Thank lawyer's! I'm 65 now...good to go.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by 3 Fingers
Middle of winter, sitting in a tiny life raft in the ocean , 100 mph winds and 5 guys. After 2 hours a helicopter shows up and one says to another “ so you gonna start paying your taxes now,Richie ?”

Or the guys that climb mountains or go into the bush unprepared!
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 10:07 AM

Not sure how anyone thinks paying your hard earned money into a government that operates like the one we have is a good idea.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 10:22 AM

Oh Snap said:

A problem here is workers seem to claim an injury in the fall so they can ride workmans compensation for the winter. I had one employee ride WC for years even took my insurance company to the state Supreme Court. I was sure glad I had insurance! His injury was his own fault didn’t follow my instructions but I still paid in higher premiums.

I know a few here who take construction jobs so they can draw unemployment all winter. Union guys are exempted from looking for work (more corruption) but nonunion are required to. If offered a job they are supposed to lose their unemployment. This applies even if the first job will be open again in the spring. Even with all the "we are hiring" signs none of them find a job. I know a couple that draw unemployment to trap.

I have lost count of how many winters I have trapped for most or all trapping season. I take a leave of absence. I have a job now where I could still draw a lot of weeks in winter but I do not.

So I am wondering how many on here are voluntarily drawing unemployment to trap instead of working. Cause here where I live , healthy people not working is voluntary.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 10:37 AM

At today's fur prices a trapper needs a subsidy to keep trapping. Like many other occupations...I guess we can call it a stimulus check.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 10:39 AM

Do you know why sharks don't attack lawyers? (Professional courtesy)

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 10:45 AM

Biden announced yesterday a 10 fold increase in refugees for 2022. Replacement workers are being ushered in as fast as possible.

That Dairy Queen with only drive thru hours will be open for indoor dining soon.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 11:05 AM

The majority of taxes are just plain and simple theft. Supporting programs that the Founders never attended. I guess that's the thing with individual freedom, you might fail. In the race of a life as a free man/woman, taxes shoot you in the foot as you begin to run the race.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 06:20 PM

You cant have a functioning government or society without taxes.
If you shirk your responsibility as a citizen
you are a theif and a cheat.
No different than an able bodied person lying to get disability or welfare-a cheat.
In both cases it is the honest man who pays the price thru higher taxes.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 06:36 PM

Boco only 30% of Federal spending goes to functioning government. I'm sure I pay more than 30% of my taxes. Our society is plenty dysfunctional due to government spending. Just trying fix that part. It is sacrifice for the good I'm willing to make. It requires no effort, and I'm willing to make that effort.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 06:44 PM

Boco only 30% of Federal spending goes to functioning government. I'm sure I pay more than 30% of my taxes. Our society is plenty dysfunctional due to government spending. Just trying fix that part. It is sacrifice for the good I'm willing to make. It requires no effort, and I'm willing to make that effort.

So a lot is wasted thru corruption.I think I read somewhere that the military paid $500 for a light bulb for example.obviously it didnt cost 500 to make the light bulb.Can we say siphoned off by crooks?

Itis crooks everywhere that cost the honest man.I guess if you cant beat them join them.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 06:54 PM

There again, every man knows what’s right or wrong really. Those that draw and work on the side certainly aren’t advertising it. “Morality is not defined by individual choice” ( Rush Limbaugh). I once knew a man, he died fairly early in life, that justified everything he wanted to do although all of his friends and family knew he was being selfish or trying to pull something. I thought he actually convinced himself he was right but I know, before he died, he had many regrets. If something makes me uncomfortable I just usually don’t do it anymore. Everyone answers for themselves.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 06:56 PM

I ain't interested in the "Blame Game". Fact is the Federal government does not spend money wisely no matter what they spend it on. They don't care. It is Keynesian economics. The money goes out to stimulate the economy. That's it. They are supposed to reign in spending during good economic times. Apparently, there are none anymore.

Next year I'll pay twice my taxes that the tax code says I owe, so everybody else's goes down. smile The funny thing is the IRS will send back the over payment. They have done it before.

Hate to tell you this , but the IRS is big time in the Redistribution (outgoing) business too.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 07:15 PM

Maybe these 1/3rd of men are smarter than we think, at least they don't have to pay SSI or income tax which as I read on this thread are much disliked. If many made that choice due to not wanting to pay taxes they are far ahead of many of us who are posting here.

Bryce

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 07:29 PM

"The percentage of filers with no liability spiked at 42 percent in 2009 with creation of the Making Work Pay tax credit. As the economy recovered from the Great Recession, the percentage of filers with no liability declined to 32 percent in 2017. The percentage has begun to spike again after the TCJA doubled the Child Tax Credit to $2,000 from $1,000. This increased the number of non-payers by more than 4 million, from 49.1 million to 53.3 million.

Many of these low-income taxpayers receive refundable tax credits, which means that they get a check back from the IRS even if they have no income tax liability.

The combination of deductions and refundable tax credits means many lower-income households face negative income tax rates. According to Congressional Budget Office (CBO) data for 2017, the lowest quintile faced a negative 10.9 percent income tax rate, and the second quintile faced a negative 1.0 percent income tax rate. We do not have CBO data for 2018, but we know that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act reduced income taxes across all quintiles on average, so the negative rates for the bottom two quintiles should fall further and the middle quintile could dip into negative as well."

If I would have signed up for Obamacare and took my deserved subsidy, I could have paid negative taxes too.

"IRS Suspends Requirement to Repay Excess Advance Payments of the 2020 Premium Tax Credit

If you have excess advance payments of the premium tax credit (excess APTC) for 2020, you are not required to report the excess APTC on your 2020 tax return or file Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit."

They even let you keep the overpayment

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 07:36 PM

Yes around here they six to eight thousand dollar checks for not working or working very little that was claimed. You see them carrying big screen TVs’s out the door at Walmart and getting a car that will last them a year they don’t pay insurance on.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
Biden announced yesterday a 10 fold increase in refugees for 2022. Replacement workers are being ushered in as fast as possible.

That Dairy Queen with only drive thru hours will be open for indoor dining soon.

We should take the cream of immigrants, not the scum of the earth. The democrats are bringing in the scum, knowing they will almost assuredly be democrats for life.

Keith

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 10:35 PM

"Today, the President released his 2015 federal income tax returns. The President and the First Lady filed their income tax returns jointly and reported adjusted gross income of $436,065. The Obamas paid $81,472 in total tax. The President’s effective federal income tax rate is 18.7 percent."

Tax rate anything over $18,451 was 15% Anything over $74,901 was 25 to 35%

You think they were avoiding paying their fair share ?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 11:12 PM

"Obama said that because his tax returns were public during his presidency, he wouldn't be able to take advantage of any loopholes. He added that he's happy to contribute, however, because of what the country has given him.

"I don't enjoy writing big checks to the Treasury Department any more than you do. But I have been so blessed by this country," he said.

"For me to be able to pay my fair share of sustaining this amazing nation so kids coming up behind me are going to have the same opportunities that I do, is something that I insist upon," he added."

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. - 09/21/21 11:13 PM

What a good man....
© 2024 Trapperman Forums