Home

Seven feet

Posted By: Bigbrownie

Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:37 AM

[Linked Image]

That’s how long my Pa. hunting / trapping license is this year. Included…general hunting license ( + buck tag ), archery license, muzzleloader license, bear license ( + tag ), fall and spring turkey tags, fur taker license, otter, fisher, and bobcat licenses ( + tags ), and eight doe licenses ( + tags ).

Fifty years ago, you had a card stock back tag, and maybe a doe license.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:39 AM

And you are going to fit all that in your wallet ???
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:41 AM

Here in MS we still just get one little card... maybe two if you get ALL the licenses available.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:46 AM

GA only the special permits and trapping get mailed out to you and then it's on standard letter sized paper.

Hunting and fishing is online as pdf you can print or you can opt for a cc sized plastic license for an additional fee. You also need to print out your record deer and turkey record sheet.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:53 AM

I guess mine’s six-foot something then. I have all the tags you do except otter and only five doe tags but I do have the 2nd spring turkey and pheasant stamp.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:53 AM

That's how mine use to look in Minnesota, now with 1 deer I don't buy bow or Muzzle loader anymore, still long though.

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:55 AM

Bigbrownie, did you know PA has the option to carry a digital license now?
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:58 AM

Cute kitty.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
GA only the special permits and trapping get mailed out to you and then it's on standard letter sized paper.

Hunting and fishing is online as pdf you can print or you can opt for a cc sized plastic license for an additional fee. You also need to print out your record deer and turkey record sheet.

Or...download the GoOutdoorsGeorgia app and have the recreational licenses on your phone, including the harvest record. Can also game check on that app in about 1 minute.

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

I heard that. But my flip phone wouldn’t display it.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 02:30 AM

You gonna need a trailer to haul it.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

How do you tag a deer or turkey with that deal?
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
That's how mine use to look in Minnesota, now with 1 deer I don't buy bow or Muzzle loader anymore, still long though.

Isn't that so,..good thing we had those baggy side pockets on our bdu's,..took a half hour to find the proper notch section! grin
Posted By: headache73

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 02:59 AM

Last time I got bobcats tagged, I told the CO I'd get my permit up on my phone to show him. He said don't worry about it, I'll pull it up on my laptop. I haven't carried paper tags in several years

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

Originally Posted by hippie
How do you tag a deer or turkey with that deal?

Good question. I imagine you still have carry at least the carcass tags.

The PGC has had a digital record of licenses and permits for several years now. Three years ago I was checked by a warden while pheasant hunting near my camp. He wanted to see my license. I explained to him that I had left it back at camp in my deer-hunting day pack. He whipped out his phone and checked digitally and was able to verify that I did have a license and also a pheasant stamp.

So if they have that ability, why would we have to have digital proof? They already have it.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 11:32 AM

Texas license is still the same size (roughly) as it was 40 years ago.

Only issue I have run into is you cannot buy a trapping license online. Seems too many idiots buy one by mistake.

And for those wondering, I use to buy my license at the regional office because buying one at walmart or the chain sporting goods stores was a gamble on getting everything right and done in under 20 minutes. Since the wuhan started you can't just walk in the regional office
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 11:57 AM

The lefties can't complain that you're not paying your fair share!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 12:02 PM

Bigbrownie- How much did all your 7 feet of license cost, if you don't mind asking? I would try to run a comparison with South Dakota's. I suspect ours would be considerably higher in cost...

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 12:11 PM

As said above, my licenses and permits were pretty similar to Bigbrownie's and my total bill was around $150.00 including the doe stamps that are $6.79 each.

I think $150.00 to hunt and trap just about every species available in PA is a pretty good bargain.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 12:28 PM

How much of your hunting land is private and how much is public. In NE the Gubmint claims ownership of all fish and wildlife but 99% of it is on private land and the state has nothing to do with it's existence yet it's "theirs".
Posted By: woodchuck

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 12:34 PM

Crap. Glad I looked at this as saw you mentioned otter tag and that's one I forgot to get.
Side note: Remember when in a zone where otter and beaver overlap you can only have 5 traps out, 2 of which can be body grippers. Doesn't make sense and even asked Game Protector and he first said no it didn't apply but then checked into it and said yes even if just trapping beaver in one of those zones it was still a 5 trap limit.

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by woodchuck
Crap. Glad I looked at this as saw you mentioned otter tag and that's one I forgot to get.
Side note: Remember when in a zone where otter and beaver overlap you can only have 5 traps out, 2 of which can be body grippers. Doesn't make sense and even asked Game Protector and he first said no it didn't apply but then checked into it and said yes even if just trapping beaver in one of those zones it was still a 5 trap limit.

I've trapped Miink and Rats during Beaver, does the 5 trap limit apply?

I just read the Beaver section and it doesn't make sense really. Even without the overlap which occurs after Rat and Mink go out, no more than 20 traps may be used.
How do they determine the difference between a Beaver trap and one set for Rats and Mink which most use more than 20 of?
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
How much of your hunting land is private and how much is public. In NE the Gubmint claims ownership of all fish and wildlife but 99% of it is on private land and the state has nothing to do with it's existence yet it's "theirs".

Between SGL's and State forest lands and the ANF we have around 3-4 million acres of public land. There are other lands enrolled in programs through the PGC that keep private land open to hunting.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:12 PM

ours is all online print off your own paper no back tags any more

no back tags is nice , the were such a pain , want to change layers or get out of wet cloths and you always had to move that stupid thing

they link your fishing license to your drivers license they can scan your DL and it pulls up your fishing license on the wardens phone

unless your in boundary waters or more than 5 miles out then you need to carry a paper copy

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:14 PM

Yep, these are user friendly in that regard.

Re: Seven feet - 09/20/21 01:33 PM

The general hunting license is $20.97. ( it good for buck, spring and fall turkey, and small game …except pheasant ). Furtakers license is $20.97. 6 doe licenses are $6.97 each. Another 2 were $10.97. Archery…$26.97, muzzeloader…$11.97, bear..$16.97. Fisher, otter,and bobcat permits are $6.97 each.

I paid an additional $10.97 x 3 to buy into an unsuccessful elk lottery drawing. So all in, it was about $205

Re: Seven feet - 09/21/21 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by woodchuck

I've trapped Miink and Rats during Beaver, does the 5 trap limit apply?

I just read the Beaver section and it doesn't make sense really. Even without the overlap which occurs after Rat and Mink go out, no more than 20 traps may be used.
How do they determine the difference between a Beaver trap and one set for Rats and Mink which most use more than 20 of?

Rats and Mink would before the beaver/otter season so can't see why it applys...I understand what you're saying though. Yeah those regulations can be confusing. Like said when asked the warden to be sure he said didn't have to and then did some checking and said yes it applied. So much for carity.
Posted By: Mac McAtee

Re: Seven feet - 09/21/21 06:05 PM

In North Carolina a trapping license is $30. Covers all fur bearers. Only thing extra I buy is an $8 special use permit to trap on a particular state owned game land, but if I didn't want to trap there wouldn't need it.

Re: Seven feet - 09/21/21 06:06 PM

Correct, but I'm questioning regular Beaver season and regs.

Beaver come in Dec.18th and you're only allowed 10 traps. Mink and Rats are also in at that time.
Now, say you have 50 traps out for Rats and Mink and happen to snag a couple Beaver. Will the warden believe you???

Re: Seven feet - 09/22/21 11:25 AM

Correct, but I'm questioning regular Beaver season and regs.

Beaver come in Dec.18th and you're only allowed 10 traps. Mink and Rats are also in at that time.
Now, say you have 50 traps out for Rats and Mink and happen to snag a couple Beaver. Will the warden believe you???

Check with YOUR warden. Different ones interpret the same thing differently so what he told me for here might not be how yours defines it. Sounds stupid I know.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums