Home

7 flights of Stairs: Update

Posted By: SGT. C

7 flights of Stairs: Update - 09/20/21 08:44 AM

Well, Tuesday is my annual stairwell run. 7 flights in under 90 seconds with complete gear. I'm dreading it this time. Heck, I dread it every year. I'm just getting too old and worn out to keep doing it for long. I suggested to the captain. Us older guys and gals should descend instead of ascend. He didn't think that was funny.
If you don't hear from me by Wednesday, I will probably be chilling in a morgue. Sarge
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 10:56 AM

Give it heck and good luck.
Posted By: BKS

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 12:29 PM

Good Luck.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 01:26 PM

Keep us posted !
Posted By: midlander

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 01:29 PM

Skip every other step and it will only feel like three and a half flights...:)
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 01:37 PM

Tactical breathing might help it gets me up and down in cat country.
Posted By: Jasper69

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 02:43 PM

^^^^^^^ what is that?
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jasper69
^^^^^^^ what is that?

https://www.hprc-online.org/mental-fitness/sleep-stress/tactical-breathing-military

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jasper69
^^^^^^^ what is that?

Using your breathing capacity to your advantage with longer and fuller intake of air followed by a slow release, NOT rapid breathing that will get you a short nap pretty quickly.
Posted By: Marty

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/20/21 04:37 PM

Just stay in shape year round or at least train for the stairs for 12 weeks before your test...good fitness=better quality of life.

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/21/21 09:11 PM

I made it. Oldest one in the group. Did it in 71 seconds. Legs are sore. Then went and got shot. Flu shot that is.
Not as young as i once was.But,not bad for ole Sarge. Next years run I'll do better if all goes well. The look on the young faces look like soneone done slapped them. Thinking the old man can get jiggy with it. You betcha. Sarge
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/21/21 09:23 PM

Nicely done!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/21/21 09:47 PM

Just what you callin' old, Sarge??!!

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/21/21 09:58 PM

Most were in diapers or just an itch in their daddy's pants when i was in the service and current job.
Age is just a number.NOT. Some mornings the giddy up and go done went- Somewhere. LOL

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/21/21 10:02 PM

In all fairness them young gamers are easy to outrun the look on their face is priceless.

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/21/21 10:03 PM

I'm guessing you ain't past 48. Just you wait, young'un!!!!!
I used to climb mountains........now I have to steady myself to fart.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/21/21 11:47 PM

Glad 4 ya Sarge.

Not sure if this sarge could've done that. It wont matter in 11 months.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/22/21 12:28 AM

Proving your as good once as you ever was! Good for you man! Impressed,
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/22/21 12:35 AM

Congratulations
Posted By: BigBob

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/22/21 12:59 AM

Kudo's!
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/22/21 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by SGT. C
Well, Tuesday is my annual stairwell run. 7 flights in under 90 seconds with complete gear. I'm dreading it this time. Heck, I dread it every year. I'm just getting too old and worn out to keep doing it for long. I suggested to the captain. Us older guys and gals should descend instead of ascend. He didn't think that was funny.
If you don't hear from me by Wednesday, I will probably be chilling in a morgue. Sarge

Man! I got winded, just reading about it!

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/22/21 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Gary, i have my AARP card and recieve senior discounts on just about everything.Plus just about completely grey headed. I try to lifts weghts,pushups and do a lot of beaver trapping. I watched my Dad die of heart disease and I'm trying not to follow him and just recently had a doc check my baskside (mom died of colon cancer).
I try to stay very active. Work 7 days a week except during deer and catfish season.
I also try to set an example for my young officers to never quit and keep pushing forward. And if Sarge can do it. They can as well.Sarge
Posted By: run

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/22/21 12:10 PM

Congratulations, SGT.C.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/22/21 12:29 PM

Good for you and way to go..Love hearing that..
I used to run past them young ones myself leave them wide eyed slack jawed.
Now I struggle carrying basket a wash up from basement. But at least I'm still up right I refuse to quit moving. Just don't go a far as fast.

Mac

Re: 7 flights of Stairs - 09/22/21 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by SGT. C
Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Gary, i have my AARP card and recieve senior discounts on just about everything.Plus just about completely grey headed. I try to lifts weghts,pushups and do a lot of beaver trapping. I watched my Dad die of heart disease and I'm trying not to follow him and just recently had a doc check my baskside (mom died of colon cancer).
I try to stay very active. Work 7 days a week except during deer and catfish season.
I also try to set an example for my young officers to never quit and keep pushing forward. And if Sarge can do it. They can as well.Sarge

Keep on keepin on!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums