Home

Pizza Huts gone?

Posted By: Law Dog

Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 08:18 PM

The Hut pulled out of the smaller towns around here any other place they disappeared from? Is this a local, state or regional thing?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 08:23 PM

Cannot eat in them here, no tables/chairs set up but you can pick up or get delivery(if they have a driver).
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 08:30 PM

Closed 300 underperforming. Will put 927 other locations up for sale. Google Pizza Hut closings and it will give you all details
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 08:31 PM

open here
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 08:33 PM

Ours closed over a year ago
Posted By: imissed

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 08:34 PM

Gone from around here. Thats OK with me, the pizza was so so at best. But I will miss their hot wings!

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 08:39 PM

Ours Hut was good with the manager we had years back after that you could float a rubber ducky on the grease on top of the pizza after. sick Casey pizza is not OK but nothing like Chicago pizzas.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 08:53 PM

The one in Hudson,Wi. is gone.
Tom
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 09:01 PM

Still open here, but hate their pizza
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 09:02 PM

I think the economy in general is in big trouble. Mike Rowe talked about the American work force this morning and how unhealthy it is on fox radio.

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 09:08 PM

the whole world is in trouble.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 09:12 PM

We still have one in Tunkhannock pa
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 09:32 PM

Their meat lovers pizza is the best pizza in the history of ever. Better get one while I still can.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 09:38 PM

Bernie you can have mine also ha ha I've been spoiled by the pizza the bowling alley in Hardin makes or even the bar at Grass Range both are worth the drive !

Every once in awhile pizza hut will have a good specialty pizza that's not to bad then before you know it , it's gone never to be seen again .
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 09:43 PM

Only good pizza hut pizza i liked was in olongapo philippines!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 09:58 PM

Still open here. Right across the road from the University. They are probably doing ok. I prefer Dominos
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:10 PM

The one in Canton s.d. I know closed some years back.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:14 PM

Valentine NE is closing.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:15 PM

Been downhill for awhile. We still have dine in ones here but they've done away with the lunch buffet, closed some and look to be focusing on pick up and delivery. The in restaurant experience is lousy. And the delivery option isn't working either as I live 5 miles from one and six another yet they won't deliver here while Papa John's, Dominos and several locals will.
Hate it as their Super Supreme pan is the best this side of Chicago.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Ours Hut was good with the manager we had years back after that you could float a rubber ducky on the grease on top of the pizza after. sick Casey pizza is not OK but nothing like Chicago pizzas.

Chicago pizza is an abomination and should not even be considered pizza.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:25 PM

Our closest one has been closed quite a while. We tried it twice. Device was poor and pizza wasn't so good. Wife makes homemade pizza anyway.
For me - ANCHOVIES!! please lol

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

World famous Skippy but I’m not surprised. LOL
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:39 PM

Chef Boyardee is the best pizza ever!!!
Posted By: MJM

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:48 PM

Pizza Hut is pretty low on my list of places to stop to eat. I do remember going in them and ordering pizza and a pitcher of beer when I was in High School in Gt Falls MT. The Pizza Hut stopped seeing me once I was old enough to buy beer legal. I never got carded in there. About the only pizza I like is home made. I like meat and cheese on a pizza. Lots of meat and cheese. You eat it with a fork and knife. The French made a poor excuse of a pizza. It was like a giant sailor boy cracker with tomato sauce and a little cheese grated on it. When it came out of the oven they cracked a raw egg in the center. This is how you make pizza. Cast iron fry pan with a Dutch oven lid.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 10:52 PM

World famous Skippy but I’m not surprised. LOL

That "pizza" wasn't even a thing till the 50s.give my a slice of NYC pan or MKE cracker any day.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:02 PM

We still have them all over TX and I like their pizza but I have been holding a grudge since they stopped offering their sandwiches. They were way better than anything Subway or Quiznos makes.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by MJM
Pizza Hut is pretty low on my list of places to stop to eat. I do remember going in them and ordering pizza and a pitcher of beer when I was in High School in Gt Falls MT. The Pizza Hut stopped seeing me once I was old enough to buy beer legal. I never got carded in there. About the only pizza I like is home made. I like meat and cheese on a pizza. Lots of meat and cheese. You eat it with a fork and knife. The French made a poor excuse of a pizza. It was like a giant sailor boy cracker with tomato sauce and a little cheese grated on it. When it came out of the oven they cracked a raw egg in the center. This is how you make pizza. Cast iron fry pan with a Dutch oven lid.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now that's a pizza
Posted By: imissed

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:10 PM

MJM, looks tasty except for those.......nasty green things on there. My pizza will not have green peppers.

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:13 PM

Listens to Midwesterners argue about the best pizza. Laughs in NY.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:16 PM

It's probably been 6 or 8 years since we have eaten at pizza hut. The last time we had pizza hut, Diane, I and the other 4 people with us all got food poisoning. There's a lot better pizza places and they have never made us sick.

Keith
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:31 PM

If you ate enough Pizza Ranch pizza, you'd appreciate Pizza Hut again!

We have a carry out little Pizza Hut, never was a sit down version here in bedroom town. I don't know how any pizza place can under perform in still growing suburbia land in a metro with some of the highest percentage women in the fork force. You'd really would have try to screw that up, although Marco's managed to do so...
Posted By: MJM

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
It's probably been 6 or 8 years since we have eaten at pizza hut. The last time we had pizza hut, Diane, I and the other 4 people with us all got food poisoning. There's a lot better pizza places and they have never made us sick.
Keith

Was there green things in their pizza? Maybe it was green meat if so. About a pound of hamburger, a pound of pork sausage and a half pound of Colby and mozzarella and its good to go. I can see me starting a fire in the ring to make another one. I have a barrel grill with a side fire box and I have done them in it too. Hot is the way to go. My wife had one cooked in a glass kiln at 900 degrees and she said it was great.

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
If you ate enough Pizza Ranch pizza, you'd appreciate Pizza Hut again!

We have a carry out little Pizza Hut, never was a sit down version here in bedroom town. I don't know how any pizza place can under perform in still growing suburbia land in a metro with some of the highest percentage women in the fork force. You'd really would have try to screw that up, although Marco's managed to do so...

We got Marco's here. They are new to the area in the last few years. Ate there once.

Once

I can thaw out frozen pizza that's better.
Posted By: run

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:47 PM

There's still a Pizza Hut in Elkton,VA. Never been hungry enough to see if they actually serve edible food. The lights are still on, I assume they are still in business.
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:51 PM

They were building two brand shiny new stores in this area. One will now be a bank or some sort. The other will be a Subway sandwich place. Didn’t even finish the builds.

Never ate any of their stuff, is this current situation a wonder?

Owl
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:56 PM

With 24 pizza houses in Fairbanks area why eat Pizza Hut.
Posted By: arcticotter

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:57 PM

Ate it here last night.

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:57 PM

Pizza Hut and Pasquales were the first pizza joints I recall in Hueytown, AL. Pizza Hut is still there.

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/20/21 11:59 PM

The thing about the big city food places you either serve a quality product or your out of business, if you don’t have the loyal customer base the lights won’t stay on long.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader
Originally Posted by MJM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now that's a pizza

X2 Meat, Meat, Meat or don't bother me with one! Thanks looks like a piece of art a person could eat all day!
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Their meat lovers pizza is the best pizza in the history of ever. Better get one while I still can.

Yep,
I enjoy a good greasy Pizza Hut pizza from time to time, only restaurant pizza that I like.
The one in FAYETTE closed
The one in Jasper went to pick up and delivery only.
Times are gonna get hard I’m afraid.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 12:52 AM

The first original Valentinos in Lincoln NE was to die for in the 70s.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 12:53 AM

Agreed
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
Only good pizza hut pizza i liked was in olongapo philippines!

Any interesting local toppings ? I always find it interesting what is served in other countries.

Had a odd pizza experience in Milan many years ago , but that's another story.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 01:29 AM

Most are closed around here. Ours closed 5 years ago, really miss it as I prefer it over Casey's pizza. We drove 35 miles a couple of weeks ago just to have Pizza Hut.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 01:31 AM

Pizza hut is not very good we have several places around here that make real pizza.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Marty

Because a pizza joint is going under?
LOL!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 01:37 AM

Ours shut down in our little rural town too.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 01:41 AM

We never had one. Is one 30 min away. And I am a fan of the meat lovers.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by mississippiposse
We never had one. Is one 30 min away. And I am a fan of the meat lovers.

That's a Great pizza with Black olives added

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 02:24 AM

My brother's pizza hut.... Hasnt had take out since he built it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Marty

Because a pizza joint is going under?
LOL!

it's a little more complicated than that..... smile
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
The first original Valentinos in Lincoln NE was to die for in the 70s.

Valentinos was always are go to pizza place but they went down the crapper probably 10 years ago now. Pizza and other items on the buffet were top notch, and the price very good. Then the price took a big jump and the quality of the food went down considerably. Probably havent eaten at one in 3 years or more now.

Caseys and Gambinos a very regional chain our are go to's now. Papa Murphys is pretty solid if you dont mind taking it home and cooking it.

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 03:40 AM

If y'all want to know what pizza is supposed to taste like, go to Lewiston NY on Center Street and order one from Vincenzo's.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

Agreed

Same here. I have a couple of boys that love cheese pizza. I always accuse them of being boarder line Communist. Pizza isn’t pizza without lots of meat
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
With 24 pizza houses in Fairbanks area why eat Pizza Hut.

I ate at the Blue Marlin in Fairbanks many years ago. Was the best pizza I ever had at the time.

Wonder if they are still in business. I think I remember they had a stuffed walrus head mount on the wall.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 05:41 AM

Blue Marlin been closed for 6 years or so. Was good pizza though!

The only pizza place when we got here was Uncles Pizza next to the Big I bar. The Big I is still here. Pizza was $30.00 for a large pizza so we had home made pizza back then.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
If y'all want to know what pizza is supposed to taste like, go to Lewiston NY on Center Street and order one from Vincenzo's.

Then take a ride on the whirlpool boat!
Posted By: run

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 11:33 AM

I have heard that Ciro's has decent pizza in Elkton VA. Never actually been there myself.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 11:39 AM

By the way you can get the Pizza Hut pan pizza Meat Lovers Pizza with DOUBLE MEAT! It's expensive, but they will double the meat and each piece of pizza weighs about 3/4 a pound. It lasts me a week.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 11:57 AM

Our "local" Pizza Hut didn't make it. Unannounced Shut down was open one day 12 hours later they were gone.

Pizza Bella in Delta Junction AK. was good in the early 90s

Fast Eddy's in Tok AK. made a Mad Trapper Pizza that was Good too.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 01:18 PM

Bog the one in river falls is gone too, the one in menomonie is still open but that would be a drive for you probably
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 02:22 PM

The dine in in Kearney, NE closed but their drive through is still open. Minden NE is open for drive through but the sit down is closed due to lack of help.
Lived in Omaha in the 70's and the big pizza war was between Valentinos and Godfather's. 5$ pizza weighed three or four pounds and would feed a family for a couple of days.
Roy
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 02:23 PM

I noticed the Pizza Hut in Monroe City, Missouri closed down recently. Small town, probably a couple thousand.

Ol dad

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by ol' dad
I noticed the Pizza Hut in Monroe City, Missouri closed down recently. Small town, probably a couple thousand.

Ol dad

That seems to be the pattern with the smaller town huts around here I just wonder if it’s a drop in quality issues that lead to the closings, at one time they had a good pizza for a small town.

I like a good chicken sandwich Hardee’s had a great chicken sandwich years ago then they “improved” it until it’s was not worth buying it now. I’m sure that was a cost cutting move but is the loss of business better then raising the price and keeping a better product that sells?
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 03:12 PM

Had a good pizza at the HUT in Hardin Mt. yesterday.

Only 2 employees working, did the best they could do.

Pretty sure they have did some upgrades to it so can't believe
they will close it.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 04:45 PM

Tough business to be in I guess. I had a friend and his wife who owned 4 Straw Hats in the SF area for years. One by one they closed because of holdups and employee theft. Lots of competition there too.

Once you find a good spot, it's easy to go back. When I lived in or near SF there were many real family run Italian places that were not purely pizza but they made great ones. Personally, I'm not so big on meat on a pizza, but pepperoni with good cheese, mushrooms, black olives and fresh garlic always worked for me.

Lots of pizza places here, but hit and miss... mostly miss.

Pete
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 07:22 PM

In our area many former restaurant and fast food employees that were laid off over a year ago, have found jobs working in the expanding service stations, like KWIK TRIP that pay better, flex schedules more and many offer a much better set of benefits and more opportunities to move up. The fact that many are located within decent commuting distances allows employees the opportunity to work in multiple places and gain more hours etc.

Bryce
Posted By: DanN

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 09:05 PM

When no one shows up for work , how can you stay open ? Alot of restaurants around here have 2 or 3 people trying to run the whole place. Never thought I'd see the day when McDonald's offers $15 an hour with a$500- $1000 sign on and can't hire people.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 10:39 PM

every pizza chain of ever seen around here is run by east Indians and they're so dirty and unsanitary. also it's like eating cardboard with ketchup on it. I either make my own or get it from a family run pizza joint.
Posted By: wvmntnhick

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 10:58 PM

Agreed. Never understood the craze. Same with legit philly cheese steaks. I’ll likely get crucified but…
Posted By: wvmntnhick

Re: Pizza Huts gone? - 09/21/21 11:09 PM

We’ve got several good ones around. Kings. Brothers. Anthony’s. All better than PH or Dominos.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums