Attached picture 20210921_180352.jpg

Description: Sign in men's room. No sign that employee's must wash hands
Attached picture 20210921_175950.jpg
Posted By: DHH

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 02:26 AM

Never been to a Denny's and don't think I'll start . Good grief
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 02:29 AM

That needle disposal is probably for the diabetics. Those pancakes with whipcream and strawberries will raise your sugar fast.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 02:48 AM

Its not 2am however you could be drunk , thought you had to meet both those requirements to eat at Denny's
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 02:56 AM

I wanted breakfast for dinner and the privately owned restaurants that have much better food are having trouble finding help and have limited hours.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by DHH

took my son for the first time a few weeks before he turned 18 he saw the sign and said hey I have never been to one of those , I don't think either of us will be rushing back maybe if they are still around I will give it a try in another 20 years , it was ok and we had good service , but it sure wasn't the cheap place to eat it was years ago.

the needles are probably mostly for Insulin , it is hard not to OD on sugar on that menu.

WHY WHY WHY does every place seem to think breakfast should be loaded with sugar.

breakfast should be loaded with protein.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

Bacon , bacon and more bacon.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 03:39 AM

What those places call 2 slices of bacon is one piece cut paper thin then cut in half. LoL I always look for a Mom and Pop place for a better value if one is around.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 04:11 AM

Ive got some great memories at Dennys and iHop. Dennys triple chocolate cake was a god send in my late teens.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 04:16 AM

I was always Hammahed when we ended up at Denny’s @ 2am….It’s been 25 years since I ate there…
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
I was always Hammahed when we ended up at Denny’s @ 2am….It’s been 25 years since I ate there…

Pretty much the same here.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 04:55 AM

I bet you hit on the fat waitress too.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 05:03 AM

Fairbanks? Has to be. Been there a number of times. Never noticed that sign in the bathroom.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

Most likely.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 10:41 AM

Those are pretty common. They're for diabetics.
Posted By: run

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 11:20 AM

Thanks for sharing, white dog. I just lost my desire to go to Denny's.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 11:48 AM

That place was NASTY in the early 90's when we lived up there.

Walked out after seeing my food in the serving window for 30 minutes.

The sign and bench are cool,

The Northernmost sign back then was a brass plaque if my memory is correct.

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by DHH

took my son for the first time a few weeks before he turned 18 he saw the sign and said hey I have never been to one of those , I don't think either of us will be rushing back maybe if they are still around I will give it a try in another 20 years , it was ok and we had good service , but it sure wasn't the cheap place to eat it was years ago.

the needles are probably mostly for Insulin , it is hard not to OD on sugar on that menu.

WHY WHY WHY does every place seem to think breakfast should be loaded with sugar.

Well said, Greene County Pete.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Its not 2am however you could be drunk , thought you had to meet both those requirements to eat at Denny's

Hahaha
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 01:25 PM

Haven't ate in a Denny's in at least 15 years. But they used to have good food for a reasonable price. There aren't any locally and guess I haven't stopped at one while traveling in at least that long. When I was in high school I worked for a cannery combining peas one summer. Worked the "night" shift. 2 PM to 2 AM, we used to stop by Denny's after work once or twice a week and have breakfast and bs before going home. The waitresses loved us, probably the only customers they ever got at that time of morning who were sober.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 01:38 PM

Wasn’t It Denny’s …..that had the GrandSlam breakfast….that’s all i remembah

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

what and you don't

come on they need some loving too , it's not like your going home with them they have a whole shift to work yet

you could do worse at least they have a job

The waiter with the face tattoo we had for our visit, the service was prompt but well we kept the small talk to fishing , as I asked to sit where I could see my boat , from the window

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 03:05 PM

LOL, good comeback. Green county Pete.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 03:28 PM

I'd bet that some diabetic once threw a needle away in the trash and an employee got stuck carrying the trash bag to the dumpster. We had an employee get stuck at my work 10 years ago. It was a big deal. Never know what serious diseases you might get from a dirty needle.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 03:42 PM

Someone probably bit into one in a pancake.

Re: Ate at this Denny's tonight. - 09/22/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I'd bet that some diabetic once threw a needle away in the trash and an employee got stuck carrying the trash bag to the dumpster. We had an employee get stuck at my work 10 years ago. It was a big deal. Never know what serious diseases you might get from a dirty needle.

4 hours in the ER every time

when my son was seeing a DR in Dermatology and minor procedures , the DR she got poked about 3 times a year they couldn't even speed up the process for their own DR who worked in the clinic attached to the hospital.

virtually ever gas station has a sharps container in it here in the restroom it might take 2 years to fil it up but paying the workman's comp claim on a gas station attendant that gets HIV or Hep B from a needle in the trash would be a mess.

as for employees washing their hands sign. a lot of restaurants have a specific hand wash sink in the kitchen that must be used before returning to food handling.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums