Home

Spypoint cellular trail cameras

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/24/21 10:00 PM

Anyone use them? I'm looking at Spypoint because they offer 100 free pictures, and are the only company (I think) that does. I'm not too worried about super clear pics as long as I can tell what I'm looking at.

They have one at Walmart here for $99.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/24/21 10:04 PM

Is it $99 plus tax or is tax included in the $99?
Posted By: Trapper Bo

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/24/21 10:32 PM

They are terrible. Hard to get to connect to phone, service is terrible and customer service even worse.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/24/21 10:41 PM

They have the most HORRIBLE reputation of all trail cameras bar none. Not even close. Spend some time on trail cam facebook groups and other forums you'll see what I mean.

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/24/21 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Is it $99 plus tax or is tax included in the $99?

Plus tax.

Originally Posted by Trapper Bo
They are terrible. Hard to get to connect to phone, service is terrible and customer service even worse.

Well that's not what I wanted to hear, lol. I read the reviews on Amazon and it seemed like people either loved them or hated them without much middle ground.

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/24/21 11:10 PM

What brand do y'all recommend?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/24/21 11:17 PM

I have one, worked good for a month then stopped working. Ended up changing batteries and got it working again. Though havent used it since then.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/24/21 11:17 PM

Run from spypoint. Tactacam or covert has been better for me
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/25/21 10:26 AM

Guess im the odd man out but I like mine. You will find the 100 pics a month is not enough very quick. I have the 1000 pics per month plan.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/25/21 10:50 AM

100 pics isn't much. I just have a browning infrared stealth with card, no cellular. Awesome color pics by day,, clear black and gray picks by night. Get a few of those and be happy with results. Buy two sets of cards, go get your walking in when you rotate out fresh cards. Be sure to get a high gig capacity cards, so lots of pics can load it up, and check it weekly on foot. Too expensive for my taste to get a plan and check my phone. I get over 100 pics in one night on one cam so no way their freebie 100 would be enough. In a few months paying for their plan you can be buying new stealth each month and have lifetime of cams and cards with no further payouts needed except for batteries.
Jim
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/25/21 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by jabNE
100 pics isn't much. I just have a browning infrared stealth with card, no cellular. Awesome color pics by day,, clear black and gray picks by night. Get a few of those and be happy with results. Buy two sets of cards, go get your walking in when you rotate out fresh cards. Be sure to get a high gig capacity cards, so lots of pics can load it up, and check it weekly on foot. Too expensive for my taste to get a plan and check my phone. I get over 100 pics in one night on one cam so no way their freebie 100 would be enough. In a few months paying for their plan you can be buying new stealth each month and have lifetime of cams and cards with no further payouts needed except for batteries.
Jim

100 is plenty if you're not watching a feeder. If you are watching trails 100 is a decent amount

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/25/21 01:31 PM

I was just wanting one to watch trap sets, lol. For no other reason than I thought it would be cool. Did a nuisance job a few weeks back and had my regular trail camera pointed at an area with three sets. Got to thinking it would be cool to know if something was working the set before actually going back to check it. Since I probably wouldn't have the camera out 24/7 I thought the free 100 pics would be sufficient. I'm not crazy about paying a monthly fee.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/25/21 01:33 PM

Miss Yote. I have one my All Purpose Boy bought for me. I set it on the high sensitivity mode and burned through those 100 photos in 3 days, and burned up the new batteries as well.....weeds moving, branches swaying, deer twitching tail......I lowered the sensitivity and it now only sends photos about once every 3-4 days! My boy owns about 10-12 of them. Some of those he cusses at, some work smoothly.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Spypoint cellular trail cameras - 09/25/21 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Originally Posted by jabNE
Jim

100 is plenty if you're not watching a feeder. If you are watching trails 100 is a decent amount

100 on good trails here would get you a night
© 2024 Trapperman Forums