Home

UK gasoline run:

Posted By: Marty

UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 01:25 AM

So, they were having a shortage on deliveries due to lack of drivers and the government said 'no need to panic buy petrol'. Guess what happened?

2/3 of the stations in the british isles are empty...

Could happen here, just need the 'media' to help it along like 'americas daughter'...

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 01:31 AM

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58701620
Posted By: run

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 01:41 AM

My price in Dyke is $2.93 for 87 octane. $3.09 for diesel.

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 01:41 AM

^thanks, joe.
Posted By: run

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 01:52 AM

We ran out of gasoline in Dyke,VA for roughly 1 week during the pipeline shutdown.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 07:01 PM

www.gasbuddy.com
Down to $2.62 in spots around me.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 07:03 PM

I thought about checking into a driving job there but I am scared they would offer enough money I wouldn’t say no
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I thought about checking into a driving job there but I am scared they would offer enough money I wouldn’t say no

Somehow I just can't picture you in England, lol
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 07:19 PM

We had a French guy work with us for a summer about 15 years ago. He was amazed at the size of almost everything compared to what they were used to in their daily life. Almost everything here was larger. For Danny, knowing how to drive a semi-truck sized rig compared to what they drive in the UK for freight trucks, don't know if it would be a plus or a minus. I'm sure the right hand drive and left side driving would mess me up for quite a while...
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: UK gasoline run: - 09/27/21 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
We had a French guy work with us for a summer about 15 years ago. He was amazed at the size of almost everything compared to what they were used to in their daily life. Almost everything here was larger. For Danny, knowing how to drive a semi-truck sized rig compared to what they drive in the UK for freight trucks, don't know if it would be a plus or a minus. I'm sure the right hand drive and left side driving would mess me up for quite a while...

Do it a little at a time. When it gets to stressful, drive on the right hand side till you have calmed down a bit ... then have another go. Its all about easing into it.

Re: UK gasoline run: - 10/02/21 12:17 AM

Starting Monday the military will be delivering the gasoline to stations...200 military drivers start Monday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58766648
Posted By: KeithC

Re: UK gasoline run: - 10/02/21 01:46 AM

Apparently they can't get English people to work either now.

"In addition to the 300 fuel tanker drivers being allowed to work temporarily in the UK, temporary visas are also being offered to 4,700 food haulage drivers who are able to arrive from late October and leave by 28 February 2022.

Visas are being offered to a further 5,500 poultry workers who can come from late October and stay until 31 December."

Keith
Posted By: Eddie43

Re: UK gasoline run: - 10/03/21 08:28 PM

Seemingly what happened was that many foreigners who were working in the UK, went home when Civid arrived. Now that everything is getting back to normal , many workers didn't bother returning to the UK, because Brexit means that they would now need to get working visas to work there. When the UK were still In the European Union, there was no visas required to travel and work in any EU Country.

So there was no shortage of fuel, just a shortage of workers to deliver fuel to the gas stations.
Posted By: ack

Re: UK gasoline run: - 10/03/21 11:43 PM

Over 3 here and we have a refinery in town.
Thanks Joe.

On the upside, as oil crude prices rise fur prices should tag along.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: UK gasoline run: - 10/04/21 03:44 AM

Brixet and Boris are getting of real good taste of what "flying solo" is going to be like. The UK is a really natural resource limited nation and things could get a bit "Harry" for them.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums