Home

mosquitos

Posted By: Dean Chapel

mosquitos - 09/27/21 04:33 PM

At my house in Montana, the mosquitos are normally terrible until the city sprays. This year, there are virtually no mosquitos - maybe seen 2-3 all summer. Others have commented on it as well in neighboring communities. Wondering how they are where you are. Considering a link between the chinese coronavirus and the lack of mosquitos. What say you?
Posted By: white17

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 04:37 PM

More likely it's due to warmer weather or a drier winter last year.

Not too bad here this summer. Less than a normal year
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 04:37 PM

In this river town they are bad all summer. This year no problem till these last 2+ weeks. They are making up for lost time. They are as bad as I ever seen them
Posted By: waggler

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by white17
More likely it's due to warmer weather or a drier winter last year.

Not too bad here this summer. Less than a normal year

Thy were much worse this summer on the Alaska Peninsula than I have ever seen them.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 04:52 PM

so dry and hot this spring and eraly summer , when it did rain the skeeters got bad for a little while

I bet we didn't get an inch of rain most of june

I was camping from the 5th to the 19th and one little passing rain in all that time the asphalt wasn't even wet 30 minutes later and it never even rained where the tent was

it was 90 every day and the river level was dropping daily where you could take the boat a week later you could not
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 04:52 PM

China virus got to them
Posted By: Starbits

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 05:25 PM

we had our second wettest monsoon here this year and the mosquitos are bad this year.
Posted By: Bushmaster

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 05:43 PM

Hardly any here this summer....result of the drought .
Posted By: GRP

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 05:45 PM

Here in the 'Sip? Brutal as usual
Posted By: bblwi

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 06:14 PM

We had none until after the heavy rains in mid-July Since then our August and even yet today have been the worst concentration of mosquitos in my life time. Need to wear a hoodie for any outdoor activities. Some have been spraying their yards with products that seem to be working pretty good. Gardens have been really bad. We need more bats and night hawks.

Bryce
Posted By: marathonman

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 06:17 PM

lotsa of rain and a ton of mosquitos..even for this late in the season
Posted By: BigBob

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 06:29 PM

Very few, till late summer rains bumped up the populations. They can be brutal during Teal season!
Posted By: Yellowstone

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 07:15 PM

In my part of montana they were terrible till a week ago then we got a hard freeze. Gone now
Posted By: cohunt

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 07:20 PM

Think I heard one this summer but did not see it.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 07:38 PM

This year has been the most mosquito free summer I have ever encountered. I may have been bitten a couple times.Even late nights on my deck are mosquito free.
Tom
Posted By: Trapset

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by mississippiposse
In this river town they are bad all summer. This year no problem till these last 2+ weeks. They are making up for lost time. They are as bad as I ever seen them

I live on the river and that’s exactly how it is here this year.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 08:23 PM

They'll bleed ya dry here
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 08:59 PM

We had lots of rain, so there were way more than usual. They're just starting to fade away a ltitle bit.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: mosquitos - 09/27/21 09:04 PM

they must have migrated to my place....
© 2024 Trapperman Forums