Home

Wisconsin Wildlife Report

Posted By: Muskrat Love

Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 05:22 PM

https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/WildlifeHabitat/reports.html

$13.00 Possum???? Where? How??
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 05:38 PM

Then I drove by about $100 worth on the road on my way into work today. I can finally retire!

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 06:11 PM

grin
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 07:56 PM

3.75 is what looks like the highest in about 2012 for a very short time

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 08:08 PM

It also said the total estimated pelt value for the 20-21 season was around $750,000. Meanwhile, the Trapper Survey estimated trappers spent around $2.5 million on basic expenses. I guess if you want to make $1 million trapping, you better start with about $3 million!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy
It also said the total estimated pelt value for the 20-21 season was around $750,000. Meanwhile, the Trapper Survey estimated trappers spent around $2.5 million on basic expenses. I guess if you want to make $1 million trapping, you better start with about $3 million!

sounds like the farmer who won the lotto

they asked him what he was going to do with his winnings

ahh I think I will just keep farming till it's all gone.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muskrat Love

That's for the meat market??
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 09:01 PM

Looking at the form it seems like each buyer states their average and that is listed as the highest and lowest, then all those averages are averaged to get the listed average.

So my best guess is the mysterious $13 possum was one buyer who bought one from a kid and none from anyone else. Giving that buyer a $13 average as the highest price for the year.

Then again maybe there is a golden city that has streets lined with only prime Wisconsin possum pelts sourced locally from a buyer in New Berlin. Who knows, the dream lives on!

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 09:13 PM

That's for the meat market??[/quote]

Scout1...... I miss my "swizzle stick" market I had when I trapped in Cleveland! I guess not so much in the Mid-West.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/28/21 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Looking at the form it seems like each buyer states their average and that is listed as the highest and lowest, then all those averages are averaged to get the listed average.

So my best guess is the mysterious $13 possum was one buyer who bought one from a kid and none from anyone else. Giving that buyer a $13 average as the highest price for the year.

Then again maybe there is a golden city that has streets lined with only prime Wisconsin possum pelts sourced locally from a buyer in New Berlin. Who knows, the dream lives on!

Yeah, and the market for Prime blanket Unicorns from the Big Rock Candy Mountain Zone is supposed to be sky high this year.

Moosetrot
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Wisconsin Wildlife Report - 09/29/21 04:00 AM

I've sold some grinners at NAFA that brought around $8.00 so a $13.00 grinner Is not impossible. But I'm betting there aren't many $13.00 grinners out there.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums