[Linked Image]

But it's done.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/28/21 06:25 PM

Swage City!
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/28/21 06:28 PM

Thats my plan for this weekend. Also not looking forward to it.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/28/21 06:53 PM

Like them pogos.

Cut em and go.

Hook another on and reset.

That's what I do too.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/28/21 07:04 PM

We pull them, actually. Don't figure farmers would like them left behind in their fields too much.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/28/21 09:10 PM

Is your ground real sandy I can't get get the washers to drive in without bending or messing up in some way.

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/28/21 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by concrete man
Is your ground real sandy I can't get get the washers to drive in without bending or messing up in some way.

No our ground is hard baked red clay, about like concrete, lol. If you're bending washers your soil must be real rocky. Large rocks are about the only thing I've found that you can't drive pogos through. Sometimes the ground is so hard that each swing of the hammer only drives it in like a quarter of an inch and I'm cussing and sweating by the time I get it in, lol.

What size washers did you use? I've noticed the 2" ones bend way easier than the 1.5" ones do.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/29/21 01:14 AM

Yeah I tried the 2 inch no rocks just hard clay I try 1 1/2 and see if it works.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/29/21 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by concrete man

No our ground is hard baked red clay, about like concrete, lol. If you're bending washers your soil must be real rocky. Large rocks are about the only thing I've found that you can't drive pogos through. Sometimes the ground is so hard that each swing of the hammer only drives it in like a quarter of an inch and I'm cussing and sweating by the time I get it in, lol.

Did that for years until my arms about fell off. Drill a half in hole first and you'll be wishing you could get all those quarter inch swings back. Most of my holes I can push it in by hand, then quarter twist and out.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/29/21 02:22 AM

Ahh them swathers clip 'm right off laugh
Posted By: cotton

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/29/21 03:12 AM

got most of mine changed to super stakes and chain.

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/29/21 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Did that for years until my arms about fell off. Drill a half in hole first and you'll be wishing you could get all those quarter inch swings back. Most of my holes I can push it in by hand, then quarter twist and out.

Might have to give that a try!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/29/21 04:01 AM

Cool!! How's the leg? Did it heal up finally and in good shape...?
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/29/21 04:03 AM

Looks like good work to me!

Re: Not my favorite.... - 09/29/21 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Cool!! How's the leg? Did it heal up finally and in good shape...?

Yep all healed up but a nasty scar.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums