Home

Mileage tax

Posted By: Drifter

Mileage tax - 10/01/21 11:53 PM

New tax study

Europe has had it for years. Surprised has taken em this long.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 12:50 PM

This should come as no surprise. A thief is a thief.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 12:52 PM

These people have lost everloven minds.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 12:56 PM

All they do is make regulations. Not surprising. More to come.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 03:16 PM

You need not worry as long as you are making less than $400,000.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 03:26 PM

If a mileage tax were to be earmarked for hard transportation infrastructure to me that would be a good investment. The issue is will funds be diverted for other causes or expenses. Businesses have had standard mile deductions for a long time so implementing a mileage tax is not a big stretch from where we have been in the past. The real issue here is finding accurate ways to record all the non business miles driven in the USA without doing some real invasive ways to record mileage driven. Another way of increasing the taxes businesses pay is to reduce the standard deduction mileage rate and then more income will be taxable. If they decided to eliminate the business mileage rate for a mileage tax I am sure the businesses in the USA would fight that move as they benefit greatly with the current system.

Bryce
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 03:40 PM

Trucking industry now has onboard computers the D.O.T.can access at will to make sure milage tax is paid. We are already paying gas tax at the pump. A LOT of gas tax. Most people working for wages get to keep about half their money. I am sick of tax upon tax upon tax. Its a spending problem. By virtually every politician. Local to federal. I guess I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired . I wish it would just go ahead and collapse. If I don’t survive then I don’t survive. IMO its our only chance to get back to individual freedom and free market capitalism

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
If a mileage tax were to be earmarked for hard transportation infrastructure to me that would be a good investment. The issue is will funds be diverted for other causes or expenses. Businesses have had standard mile deductions for a long time so implementing a mileage tax is not a big stretch from where we have been in the past. The real issue here is finding accurate ways to record all the non business miles driven in the USA without doing some real invasive ways to record mileage driven. Another way of increasing the taxes businesses pay is to reduce the standard deduction mileage rate and then more income will be taxable. If they decided to eliminate the business mileage rate for a mileage tax I am sure the businesses in the USA would fight that move as they benefit greatly with the current system.

Bryce

This guy is for more taxes. Smh.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 03:54 PM

Agree 100% with Danny it is a SPENDING problem. Hard to remember how many taxes were started to fund the school systems only that NEVER make it there. Kind of like a temporary tax that NEVER goes away.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 04:56 PM

If you have to have taxes, I'm more in favor of use taxes. Taxing mileage is a good idea. No other type of taxes related to transportation. Tax per mile. If you don't want to pay transportation tax, don't use the roads. No property taxes. If you have a kid to send to school, pay for it. No kids no payment. No income tax, only sales tax. Don't want to pay tax, don't buy anything. That's the only fair way to tax. Taxes based on consumption only.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

Anytime you earmark a new tax for something... it just means all the other taxes just get wasted somewhere else. If you give me 1000 dollars and I can only buy food and no gambling with it... That means I get to use more of my money for gambling . As another example, if Planned Parenthood gets tax money but they can't use it for abortions, they'll take that money to pay for everything else, and use the private donations they get to do the abortions.

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 09:24 PM

I am not advocating new taxes or more taxes, I am just relating my thoughts on how these things may well play out and why we should not be surprised when these show up. I am sure persons really wanting more ways to tax have reviewed multiple ways to do so. Politics is a strange game and when we push for huge bills with hundreds of attachments because we are unwilling and or unable to come to decisions on most simplistic policy with toss dozens of things into one and to get a decision on a big bill with a lot of stuff on the edges of both sides and some laws and rules we don't like get passed because we got something we wanted on the other end.

When we have legislation where the extremes lob mortars into the middle instead of working from the middle out we get some really crazy and dysfunctional legislation.

Bryce
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 10:12 PM

Dems can spend 3.5 TRILLION dollars and it costs NOTHING!
Posted By: mudtracker

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 11:02 PM

So are they going to do away with the vehicle registration tax and the gas taxes? Because imo they already tax driving too much.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 11:07 PM

Time to buy a used moped!

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by mudtracker
So are they going to do away with the vehicle registration tax and the gas taxes? Because imo they already tax driving too much.

silly boy!

the ultimate plan is to drive all you rednecks into the cities; where you can ride mass transit to the local tofu store.

get with The Program!

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

how will that help you if they tax you by the mile?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Mileage tax - 10/02/21 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Do they have odometers?
Posted By: Deerkiller

Re: Mileage tax - 10/03/21 04:16 AM

Mile tax will only hurt the county folks. It’s 150 mile round trip to buy groceries for us!
Posted By: jtg

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 11:57 AM

Check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_EOY3FnhmU
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by mudtracker

silly boy!

the ultimate plan is to drive all you rednecks into the cities; where you can ride mass transit to the local tofu store.

get with The Program!

It’s working, however their happiness to see us may be short lived.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 12:17 PM

Well, us baby boomers created untold wealth and yet allowed much freedom to be taken away from us while we did it.
So, here we are.

Richer and less free as a generation than pops and grandpops.

A bunch of baby boomers are headed to plant daisies and daffodils soon and will leave cash and less freedom as the sought prize to the next generation.

I wonder when historians write about us in 150 years, what they'll write?

Technology is not only evolving but it's evolving faster. One of the top physicists in the world says that humans will be made obsolete in 2045 or there about when computers will at last be able to compute faster than the human brain on all things conscious and material. Interestingly his thesis is, that at that point: Decisions will then "finally" be able to be made quickly and efficiently as to which humans are useful.

It seems the world is getting set to revert back to the days before nation building (what the uber-ultra-wealthy seek) where humans once again serve an empire and it's emperor.

Anyone notice crickets on the law and order of a nation becoming louder?
It is real and the people behind it all are evil as can be.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 12:20 PM

Dont confuse what talking heads on tv are talking about with what hard working honest Americans are concerned with.

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 12:22 PM

I am confident I am not the only one upset that LE spends more time writing seat belt tickets than investigating theft

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I am confident I am not the only one upset that LE spends more time writing seat belt tickets than investigating theft

I’m more upset that they are guarding politicians.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 12:38 PM

What don't you pay taxes on? Only one that I know of, riding a bicycle on a road.

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
What don't you pay taxes on? Only one that I know of, riding a bicycle on a road.

You are paying taxes on the energy that powers the bicycle.

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 04:37 PM

Taxes, levies, fees, assessments have been around Biblically for far longer than they have been in many modern governments. Where do we think the idea of doing this even came from?

Bryce
Posted By: charles

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 04:55 PM

If the mileage tax is equal to the gas tax, a motor vehicle should pay approximately the same and we will collect tax per mile from EV cars and trucks. That assumes fuel tax goes away.

Taxes are never equal. The government wants more. How else can we tax the electric vehicles that use our highways.

In NC our state sales and fuel tax collections have gone down recently. More efficient vehicles and increased vehicle life have caused our DOT to severely cut or delay many projects. EV users re enjoying a free ride.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 05:01 PM

Have to tax those electric vehicles so the government can pay for the electric vehicle subsisdies. Seems to me it would be easier to stop the subsidies and no tax? confused

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by charles
If the mileage tax is equal to the gas tax, a motor vehicle should pay approximately the same and we will collect tax per mile from EV cars and trucks. That assumes fuel tax goes away.

Taxes are never equal. The government wants more. How else can we tax the electric vehicles that use our highways.

In NC our state sales and fuel tax collections have gone down recently. More efficient vehicles and increased vehicle life have caused our DOT to severely cut or delay many projects. EV users re enjoying a free ride.

If the government didn't waste so much and send millions to foreign countries, we wouldn't need to raise taxes.....by the way, there are no free rides. Some how, some way, the EV users still pay. They have it all figured out.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There

You paid taxes for that road...don't forget about sales tax on that bike! Unless you bought it at a garage sale, lol.
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Mileage tax - 10/04/21 05:15 PM

[/quote]
Do they have odometers? [/quote]

id guess there would be a lot of malunctioning odometers
© 2024 Trapperman Forums