Home

Roll TIDE !!

Posted By: jbyrd63

Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 09:13 AM

Dang Nuff said.

But Georgia would smoke them if they played next week.!! Bama defense gets tired by end of 3rd quarter. Offense scoring too fast

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 09:14 AM

Oh yea What you guys think about sucky Kentucky !! One of the best defenses in CFB . But can't hold unto the football. lead the nation in give aways. That will cost you when it matters most.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 11:09 AM

Kentucky beat the only team that gave Bama a good game this year, does that mean that Florida sucks too?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 11:19 AM

Bama and Ga. on a collision course, that's going to be a game to watch.

I think Florida sucks, they always will long as they have darth vader for a coach. Anyone gives bama a fit at the start of season, takes them a few games to get rolling.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Dang Nuff said.

But Georgia would smoke them if they played next week.!! Bama defense gets tired by end of 3rd quarter. Offense scoring too fast

I think Bama would take Georgia. Georgia handled Arkansas, but Arkansas beat Arkansas too. In one play they had off sides, holding, and pass interference infractions. Want even mention special teams. A real shoot yourself in the foot day. I expected Georgia to win but I didn't expect Arkansas would help them out so much.
Ole Miss didn't play a sloppy game and Alabama handled them easily. That leads me to believe Alabama has a slightly better team. It will be a good game when it happens no matter the outcome.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 01:06 PM

Arkansas was rated 8th, lol. Georgia made the look like an Ivy League team.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 01:27 PM

Maybe No. 18. Arkansas is like Penn State, they choke when in the big games.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 01:49 PM

I think GA, Bama, and Penn State will be in the playoffs. Don't know about #4... maybe sucky KY? LOL Wouldn't that make everyone flip out if there were 3 SEC teams in the playoffs? LOL
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 01:56 PM

I'd give anything to see KY and Penn St. go at it again.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 02:48 PM

Georgia looking strong, defenses win championships but not sure they have enough offense? Can’t wait for Iowa vs penn state. Go to Iowa twice a year so hoping they may be for real but they usually let me down.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 05:06 PM

I'm surprised ol miss didn't win..after all, they made it to 500 last year after going 4-8 the year before.

Hardly a test.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 08:09 PM

Typical of the SEC fans, when Florida gave Bama a good game they were one of the elite teams in the SEC. After Kentucky knocks them off Florida now sucks, lol. Are there any good teams in the SEC besides Georgia and Alabama?
Posted By: James

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 08:19 PM

Ohio State will have something to say about PSU's run to the top four.

I love how all these Alabama fans show up when they win.

Jim
Posted By: Preacherman Les

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

That would mean they show up a lot, lol.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Preacherman Les

Jim

That would mean they show up a lot, lol.

Haha, what I was thinking. When do we lose?

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 08:47 PM

A real fan is a fan when they lose.
For the most part , when people in other states claim to be Alabama fans, you know they're just chasing a winning team.

Jim
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 08:57 PM

Nitty, good teams compared to what Penn St., Mi. ? Ark, Ol miss, etc type teams probably look like Oh St, Oregon, Penn St. if they played those high school teams up there, lol. Even ol goofy Florida, they got lots of talent and great players just won't ever amount to anything with that fake coach they have. Put Lane Iffen down there with those player's and see what he could do! Ol miss isn't a bad team, they were just out gunned yesterday.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Typical of the SEC fans, when Florida gave Bama a good game they were one of the elite teams in the SEC. After Kentucky knocks them off Florida now sucks, lol. Are there any good teams in the SEC besides Georgia and Alabama?

NO

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 11:48 PM

A real fan is a fan when they lose.
For the most part , when people in other states claim to be Alabama fans, you know they're just chasing a winning team.

Jim

You mean like people in OTHER states root for OH ST

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by bass10
Georgia looking strong, defenses win championships but not sure they have enough offense? Can’t wait for Iowa vs penn state. Go to Iowa twice a year so hoping they may be for real but they usually let me down.

How many points you want them to score before you consider them a "good" offense. 75 instead of 67 , 62, ??? LOL LOL Keep dreaming. Ohst is the ONLY team this year to win 2 games after losing and still DROP in the rankings LOLLOL LOL

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/03/21 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Kentucky beat the only team that gave Bama a good game this year, does that mean that Florida sucks too?

Nittany it's the fact Florida was ranked 10th and Ky beat them for the 2nd time in 37 years. But florida is as good as the top teams in most conferences . Just not the SEC.BUT congrats . Told you at the end of last year your team would be tough this season !! Remember

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 12:03 AM

Buckeyes run the table, win the big 10, get ranked #4, smoke bama like a wet cigar then on to victory.....how's that sound?
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 12:14 AM

Sounds just fine if they are good enough to pull it off, I'll congratulate them.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 12:18 AM

How many points you want them to score before you consider them a "good" offense. 75 instead of 67 , 62, ??? LOL LOL Keep dreaming. Ohst is the ONLY team this year to win 2 games after losing and still DROP in the rankings LOLLOL LOL

Only one conference has four teams in the top ten.

Jim

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by bleeohio
Buckeyes run the table, win the big 10, get ranked #4, smoke bama like a wet cigar then on to victory.....how's that sound?

Sounds like you must have smoked some really good weed....

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 12:51 AM

Sounds like you must have smoked some really good weed....[/quote]

Been a loooong time ago, but yes, maybe I'm having flashbacks?

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 02:12 AM

Yes James this week But none of those ranked big ten have played each other. By the nature of the Sec having 9 teams ranked last 2 weeks and then playing each other of course they will drop
Out of the 4 in the top 10 3 will not be there by the end of the regular season and if Michigan beats buckeyes none will be there One time sec had 7 out of 12
Posted By: warrior

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 02:55 AM

Why is it even a discusion?

Bama vs UGA and the rest can draw straws for ranking.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 01:42 PM

Anybody else ever wonder why they find themselves trying to have a normal conversation with a complete, obnoxious jack arse? I really need to give it up my time is better spent conversing with normal, intelligent people. Why do some people go thru life being argumentative and obnoxious? Then they call out other people as being rude, are you kidding me? I'd think if I met this jackarse at a boat ramp I'd be more than rude to him, it'd end ugly. But in the end thats who they are and they aren't smart enough to know its them, actually feel sorry for them, no way to go thru life.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 02:21 PM

Anybody else ever wonder why they find themselves trying to have a normal conversation with a complete, obnoxious jack arse? I really need to give it up my time is better spent conversing with normal, intelligent people. Why do some people go thru life being argumentative and obnoxious? Then they call out other people as being rude, are you kidding me? I'd think if I met this jackarse at a boat ramp I'd be more than rude to him, it'd end ugly. But in the end thats who they are and they aren't smart enough to know its them, actually feel sorry for them, no way to go thru life.

Now now. Don't be so hard on James and Nittany.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 02:34 PM

The comments on these posts are just smack talking.... you're taking it wayyyy too seriously. I'd sit and have a beer with anyone on this thread... heck I even sat at a table with James once, lol.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:12 PM

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:17 PM

Arkansas won 3 games last year, why the hype about them this year??

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Probably because they stomped #15 and #7 in their first 4 games?

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:21 PM

Careful Hippie, you're starting to repeat yourself, lol.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:21 PM

Yea, I caught that! lol

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Should I bother looking up the powerhouses they stomped?? laugh

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:25 PM

Because this year is not last year.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Should I bother looking up the powerhouses they stomped?? laugh

It was #15 Texas, and #7 A&M

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:28 PM

Because this year is not last year.

I wish them the best, nothing better than a Cinderella story.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:32 PM

A&M was pretty decent last year if I remember right.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:34 PM

A&M was pretty decent last year if I remember right.

They probably won't look very decent next week, lmao

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:38 PM

Probably not if they're losing to Arkansas. whistle

grin

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 03:57 PM

The media game. Under dog gets new coach for a honeymoon story of hope immediately takes out both Texas teams, media darlings both, then faces the juggernaut known as Georgia. Spin the story for clicks and ad dollars.

Similar spin on former Saban reform school coach taking over at Ole Miss.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 09:59 PM

NOW NOW IF you are talking about me IT would not be good for whom ever started it . Because I have too good of a manner to go looking to be like the millions coming to the boat ramp so I would not start it . But with that said I'm too old for a butt whipping and to smart and capable to get one !!! This is KY we carry and we know how to protect what's ours and ourselves.
What truth strike a nerve with you !!!! What if anything I"ve posted in this thread isn't true. ONLY reason the big 10 has 4 in top 10 is they haven't preyed on each other like the teams of the SEC. But after the next 3-5 weeks when the rank ones play each other get back to me !!

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/04/21 10:11 PM

There are four levels of college football for the past decade or so.
1) Elite level Champions: doing it on their own = Alabama
2) Very good: excellent but need some breaks= Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State, and a team or three from level 3 each year.
3) Good: underdogs who can provide some good games & surprises to shake things up= the Oregons, Texas A&M's, Notre Dame, Penn State, Auburns & such. This year you could stick Arkansas in this pack which is basically the teams who move up & down, in & out of the top 20. Some consistently, some (like Arkansas) cyclically. A few of these teams will move to 2nd level each year, and a few will drop down to the "everybody else" level
4) Everybody else: from top to bottom. Some will have really good seasons, beat a team above their level and get into the top 20, be competitve against a few more but unable to consistently be a top-20 team.
I am not an Alabama fan, but its just the reality. I am glad, however, that my happiness does not depend on Alabama losing or I wouldn't be happy very often. I also realize Kirby would like to present his program as Alabama level, but he's not there. Maybe this year he can finally beat Papa Saban. The simple rule is: it's Alabama & all the rest.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/05/21 12:00 AM

2) Very good: excellent but need some breaks= Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State, and a team or three from level 3 each year.
3) Good: underdogs who can provide some good games & surprises to shake things up= the Oregons, Texas A&M's, Notre Dame, Penn State, Auburns & such. This year you could stick Arkansas in this pack which is basically the teams who move up & down, in & out of the top 20. Some consistently, some (like Arkansas) cyclically. A few of these teams will move to 2nd level each year, and a few will drop down to the "everybody else" level
4) Everybody else: from top to bottom. Some will have really good seasons, beat a team above their level and get into the top 20, be competitve against a few more but unable to consistently be a top-20 team.
I am not an Alabama fan, but its just the reality. I am glad, however, that my happiness does not depend on Alabama losing or I wouldn't be happy very often. I also realize Kirby would like to present his program as Alabama level, but he's not there. Maybe this year he can finally beat Papa Saban. The simple rule is: it's Alabama & all the rest.

Best analogy I've seen by anyone on todays college programs.
Thanks for posting.

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/05/21 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by warrior

LMAO

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/05/21 01:03 PM

Best analogy I've seen by anyone on todays college programs.
Thanks for posting.

Agree.

The top teams need to play each other more through the year instead of games where ya just wonder if they'll cover the spread. Boring football at best the way it is now.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Roll TIDE !! - 10/05/21 01:48 PM

I guess that little clip says everything, there only two teams in the SEC that are worth a hoot laugh GO HAWKS.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums