Home

Schnee's Boots

Posted By: 30/06

Schnee's Boots - 10/03/21 06:43 PM

Any T-Men have opinions on Schnee's pac boots? I'm looking online at their Hunter II 10" pac, and their Extreme 10" pac. I'd like something I can get out and walk in in winter. My Sorels are shot (after only 3 seasons) and Bunny Boots are just too much, and don't have great traction. The Schnee's appear to have substantial tread, and are made in USA, but I've never seen a pair up close and are a bit hesitant to order them with a little more info. Thanks
Posted By: white17

Re: Schnee's Boots - 10/03/21 06:49 PM

I have been wearing them for at least 15 years.......the same pair..........had them rebuilt once. Far superior quality to the old Sorels and much better traction than the bunny boots.

I can't tell which model they are but I think they are the Hunter 2, 10 inch.

The little traction bobs on the sole might take some getting used to on rudder pedals but nothing you can't handle
Posted By: midlander

Re: Schnee's Boots - 10/03/21 06:58 PM

Had a couple pair of the Extremes. The good: they are very warm and really comfy when broken in. The bad: the quality of their rubber lowers has went way downhill. Lucky to get 2 or 3 years before they split and crack...a real shame. You can read the the same thing on several hnting forums. I have switched to Kennetrek Northerns. Time will tell, only had them for one season...very similar build to the Schnees.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Schnee's Boots - 10/03/21 07:38 PM

Midlander

Rubber uppers? I have a pair of extreme’s and they are leather.

30/06, I have 2 different pairs for over 10 years and no complaints.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Schnee's Boots - 10/03/21 09:14 PM

Bought two pairs of Schnee's in 1997, have had them both rebuilt a number of times and they are still very serviceable. The 10" Guide Pac Boot, and the 14" Outfitter. I can't say how good their new boots are, but these take a good whopping every fall and winter for 20+ years. They are well dried, cleaned and oiled every year and new bottoms about every 5 years or so.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Schnee's Boots - 10/03/21 09:52 PM

Okay, thank you all. I think I'll call them Monday.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Schnee's Boots - 10/03/21 10:17 PM

And made in AMERICA!!!
Posted By: midlander

Re: Schnee's Boots - 10/03/21 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Midlander

Rubber uppers? I have a pair of extreme’s and they are leather.

30/06, I have 2 different pairs for over 10 years and no complaints.

My mistake, i meant the rubber lowers....uppers are leather. My bad...
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Schnee's Boots - 10/04/21 02:49 AM

Anyone able to compare the Schnee's pac's with the kennetrek grizzly pac's? I have the kennetrek's and have been good so far, but dad has had his rubber bottom's crack twice on him. He wears his a lot more than I do though.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums