Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 01:53 AM

Here's my specialty Skinning Tool.

Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 02:41 AM

Looks quite familiar to me.

Moosetrot
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 04:21 AM

Ulu, pronounced ooloo. Or Uluq, pronounced ooluck.
Not just for skinning. You should see a couple experienced Eskimo women cut up a caribou!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 04:25 AM

Yep a dime a dozen. I tried one a few times and I know I can out preform that Ulu with my necker. And Its way more then you need for fleshing rats.
Posted By: 330 Belisle

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Yep a dime a dozen. I tried one a few times and I know I can out preform that Ulu with my necker. And Its way more then you need for fleshing rats.

I'm gonna get one half the size for that ( rats)

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 06:23 AM

https://www.sportsmans.com/predator.../1141970?channel=shopping&msclkid=93

This tool will do a better job then a Ulu.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot

Moosetrot

Yours are nothing short of works of art. Functional too.

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 06:26 AM

And I supplied some caribou horn for some of them.

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Posco

Moosetrot

Yours are nothing short of works of art. Functional too.

What's he make?

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by 330 Belisle

What's he make?

I'll take a picture later in the day and show you. Truly works of art.

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 11:25 AM

[Linked Image]

This is a bad picture of some of my very early ulu. I have been able to refine my handles...and photography since then.

I have made ulu since 2003, but have had to take a couple years off due to health issues and arthritis in my wrist due to an old football injury. Gotten through all of it and am finally able to make them again with the help of a wrist brace. A lot of folks on here have them and have been happy with them. I know there are some on here that want some and I will start back in making them shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I use handsaw steel from saws from the 1880's-1890's as it is the best high carbon ever made. It takes and holds an edge like nothing else. I am very careful to cut and grind them cold so I don't mess up the temper. I use caribou, moose, and a variety of materials for the handles.

I have ulu all over the U.S. and Europe with a ton of them in Alaska. I used to supply a dealer up there who ordered 4 dozen a month for the tourist trade but the natives preferred my ulu due to the traditional style and the blade steel.

Moosetrot
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 11:34 AM

not putting down the grizzle getter.........because I used one.....and it did the job...............but I found I could get the same results with my necker.......was just another tool I didn't need getting in the way

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 03:51 PM

[Linked Image]

This is a bad picture of some of my very early ulu. I have been able to refine my handles...and photography since then.

I have made ulu since 2003, but have had to take a couple years off due to health issues and arthritis in my wrist due to an old football injury. Gotten through all of it and am finally able to make them again with the help of a wrist brace. A lot of folks on here have them and have been happy with them. I know there are some on here that want some and I will start back in making them shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I use handsaw steel from saws from the 1880's-1890's as it is the best high carbon ever made. It takes and holds an edge like nothing else. I am very careful to cut and grind them cold so I don't mess up the temper. I use caribou, moose, and a variety of materials for the handles.

I have ulu all over the U.S. and Europe with a ton of them in Alaska. I used to supply a dealer up there who ordered 4 dozen a month for the tourist trade but the natives preferred my ulu due to the traditional style and the blade steel.

Moosetrot

That's awesome

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
not putting down the grizzle getter.........because I used one.....and it did the job...............but I found I could get the same results with my necker.......was just another tool I didn't need getting in the way

A huge factor here is price. Grizzle is around 50 dollars and mine is around 250 lol so there Definitely will be differences

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 03:59 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 06:00 PM

Thanks Posco!

Moosetrot

Re: Grizzle Getter eat your heart out. - 10/04/21 06:08 PM

Thanks Posco!

Moosetrot

Thank you. This thing has a place on the mantel. First class.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums