Home

Best Waders

Posted By: MySide 🦝

Best Waders - 10/04/21 11:11 AM

Whats yourses guyses opinion?

*spelled incorrectly because I want to
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 11:23 AM

cabelas super mags are pretty nice. I find it doesn't matter how much you spend they all leak in a couple years....
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 11:52 AM

Dan's Frogger Bibs are the best for trapping for me so far. Wouldn't want to stand around duck hunting in cold water with em as they're pretty thin but you stay warm enough trapping. The outer layer only shows two small runs from barbwire, but no penetration. I'm hard on waders as I don't go out of my way to avoid briars, multiflora rose and other not-so-wader-friendly things.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 11:53 AM

When you buy waders also buy a tube of GOOP
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 12:40 PM

I went through 3 pairs of cabelas supermags last year duck hunting. The first pair had actually lasted a few seasons but finally leaked. Bought a new pair and they leaked out of the box. I thought they had a lifetime warranty so I tried to take them back but apparently since Bass Pro bought Cabelas out the warranty and quality are out.

Got a third pair and they leaked after a few hunts too. Do not buy any waders that are Cabelas or Bass Pro branded. Our hunting crew has also tried Frogg Toggs, Drake, Lacrosse, Banded, Simms, Chene, etc waders. Same thing, you get a couple seasons out of them and they leak.

Really, just find who has the best warranty system and customer service and get those. Because you are going to need a new pair.

One guy with money to blow bought the Sitka waders. 3 seasons and no leaks that he noticed, he sent them in for the end of year service deal and they pressure tested them and said there was a small leak in the boots. Put a brand new set of boots on them and sent them back to him, even gave him a free hat in the box. I just haven't talked myself into spending that much money on them yet, but they have a lifetime warranty and you can send them for the end of season check every few years. They say they'll be the last pair of waders you ever buy because they are serviceable with a lifetime warranty. But I paid the same amount of money for my duck boat that he paid for those waders...
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 01:38 PM

Simms. You asked what are the best. That is your answer.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 02:14 PM

that warranty sounds sweet on the sitkas
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by coondagger2
I went through 3 pairs of cabelas supermags last year duck hunting. The first pair had actually lasted a few seasons but finally leaked. Bought a new pair and they leaked out of the box. I thought they had a lifetime warranty so I tried to take them back but apparently since Bass Pro bought Cabelas out the warranty and quality are out.

Got a third pair and they leaked after a few hunts too. Do not buy any waders that are Cabelas or Bass Pro branded. Our hunting crew has also tried Frogg Toggs, Drake, Lacrosse, Banded, Simms, Chene, etc waders. Same thing, you get a couple seasons out of them and they leak.

Really, just find who has the best warranty system and customer service and get those. Because you are going to need a new pair.

One guy with money to blow bought the Sitka waders. 3 seasons and no leaks that he noticed, he sent them in for the end of year service deal and they pressure tested them and said there was a small leak in the boots. Put a brand new set of boots on them and sent them back to him, even gave him a free hat in the box. I just haven't talked myself into spending that much money on them yet, but they have a lifetime warranty and you can send them for the end of season check every few years. They say they'll be the last pair of waders you ever buy because they are serviceable with a lifetime warranty. But I paid the same amount of money for my duck boat that he paid for those waders...

While that is about a ridiculous price, you could have bought 3/4 of a pair of them for what you spent on the Cabela's ones last year, lol.

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
While that is about a ridiculous price, you could have bought 3/4 of a pair of them for what you spent on the Cabela's ones last year, lol.

Lol, you are right, but at least it was all spaced out over a period of time. Spending it all at once hurts more! grin
Posted By: nooksack

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 03:18 PM

Simms, expensive, but the best. The preferred wader for those that wear them day in and day out for months.
Posted By: DecoyMacoy

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 06:29 PM

Having decent luck with Rogers branded breathables so far. I expect to buy and budget for 1 new pair per year and can get almost 2 from Rogers so far (lots of Goop marine also). I spend a lot of time in waders in Sept through April.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 07:51 PM

La Crosse Insulator 3 for cold weather Dunlop for warm weather.Aqua seal for repairs.

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 08:16 PM

Look into liquid electrical tape for repairs too. Works great for seams and smaller holes which is the issue I seam to repeatedly have with the neoprene style waders
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: Best Waders - 10/04/21 11:08 PM

USIA

6 years now, beach launching, fishing, hunting and trapping. Not cheap, but they’re the best. Not a lick of trouble.

Owl
© 2024 Trapperman Forums