Home

Muzzle loader bullets

Posted By: vermontster

Muzzle loader bullets - 10/04/21 06:50 PM

Anyone know where I can buy some Federal BORLOCK 50cal. 270gr. copper muzzle loader bullets? I have been searching the internet and local shops and can't find any. They shoot well and are easy to load for my wife. I got 15 to try in her gun and she loves them. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 01:40 PM

Try https://tillsonburggunshop.com/Federal-Premium-Trophy-Copper-50-Caliber-270-Grain-Bullets
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 01:43 PM

That company's shipping page says "We do not ship to the USA or International. No exceptions" in all bold letters. Road trip?

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 01:46 PM

Thanks Scott. But they didn’t have any in.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 01:50 PM

Loaded for bear used to mean two patched round balls and about 120 grains of black powder.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 07:47 PM

U can shoot 2 patch balls in 1 shot ?

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 08:30 PM

Yes if you push them tight on the powder and tight on each other
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 09:33 PM

How does that work for accuracy an trajectory ? Probly don't unless very very close

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 09:57 PM

Shoot some paper. Mine will hit pretty close together at 50 yards. I dont need to shoot high. I read about it I think in fur fish and game years ago. Never shot anything that way. No clue how effective it really is. I have a 50 cal with 1 in 60 twist. Should have said that I guess when I gave the powder charge
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/05/21 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Loaded for bear used to mean two patched round balls and about 120 grains of black powder.

Had a buddy that did the same thing. When put on paper both shoots would be within 8 inches at 40 yards but always in different spots. Anything farther out would be lucky to stay on the paper. He shot 150 grains with a 54 cal. Can't remember the twist or type of gun
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/06/21 02:07 AM

Back in August a friend of mine found two packs in stock at the local Fleet Farm store anf I had him buy both for me. I know of someone else who found them at the Fleet Farm down in the twin cities, so if you have a fleet farm check in store. I killed my first elk with them in Sept out in CO and they performed well, though at 21 yds broadside most firearms and half the slingshots out there might’ve gotten the job done. lol. Good luck! Happy Trapping! ScottW

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/12/21 09:19 AM

Thanks ScottW we don't Fleet Farm stores but I will try looking for their website.

Re: Muzzle loader bullets - 10/12/21 09:33 AM

Found them on their website except for some reason they are available in store only.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums