Home

SCOTUS to hear gun case

Posted By: hippie

SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 01:40 AM

The NRA backed New York lawsuit Will be heard on Nov.3rd.

Hopefully they shoot down this law.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/16/sup...-nra-backed-challenge-to-ny-gun-law.html
Posted By: Posco

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 01:49 AM

The hardcore left is still angling to pack the court, I've seen all sorts of subtle attacks going on to try and justify packing it. Guns are just one of their issues.

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 01:54 AM

The Justices have been threatened already. The lefties have threatened to pack the court depending on their rulings.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/dem...g-if-supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade/

This case is to be heard soon also.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 02:00 AM

lol
Posted By: James

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 08:19 AM

I'm sure the justices are quaking in their shoes over the court-packing threats.

The case should prove interesting. No more dodging of Second Amendment cases, eh?

Let's see if they can find a way to dodge around the intent and meaning of the Second Amendment, as well as prior SC cases. I wouldn't make a bet on how this one comes out.

Jim
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 01:45 PM

If they do not affirm the right to be armed I hope I am not the only American that ignores them. Have never crossed the Verrazano or GW bridge either one into Brooklyn or the Bronx unarmed. I doubt I cross them again but if I do it will be a safe bet that I am armed.

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 03:11 PM

This is probably our best chance at getting this settled in our favor. I'm also glad these cases were put off when we needed Roberts vote until now.

Thanks Trump and McConnell for this chance.
Posted By: white17

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 03:18 PM

I hope your confidence is well placed Brian. It sort of feels like quicksand to me.

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 03:26 PM

Not confident at all Ken, just don't see us having a better chance in the future.

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 03:29 PM

I agree

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 03:34 PM

I'm hoping Beyers and Thomas make it past this President. wink

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 03:40 PM

X2
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 04:36 PM

I can’t see Roberts going with the second amendment. Personally, I think the left got to him a long time ago.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 06:19 PM

All Roberts is, is a bleached out coyote turd! What a piece of work!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 06:35 PM

Your too nice Lee. A white dried out coyote turd is useful If you dab some gland on it. Roberts couldn’t care less what his responsibilities are. He will legislate not uphold.
Posted By: Posco

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/05/21 09:23 PM

Roberts is a contortionist, his tortured treatment of Obama-Care showed us that. Why any sane person would seek the approval of leftists is beyond me.
Posted By: EdP

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/06/21 12:11 AM

I hope I am wrong but I think Roberts will vote with Bryer, Sotamayor, and Kagan, but it won't matter because the other 5 will vote with the US Constitution. Let the left howl, I don't care. The bottom line is that Roberts is now inconsequential on most rulings of significance. After caving to Obama on healthcare years ago Roberts is too old to grow a backbone. He was so very concerned about his legacy on the court that he caved ot Obama and so will go down as weak and politicaly influenced.

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/06/21 01:12 AM

I think you are right about Roberts but don't be surprised when it goes 6-3 or even 7-2 against us. Thomas and Alito are the only two trustworthy justices IMO
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/06/21 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by white17
I think you are right about Roberts but don't be surprised when it goes 6-3 or even 7-2 against us. Thomas and Alito are the only two trustworthy justices IMO

Marty is rubbing off on you .

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/06/21 02:20 AM

I think the real bright spot is that IF the conservative view prevails, that Thomas will write the opinion for the majority. If that happens, I believe he will not mince words but write a clear, terse, specific opinion that will resit twisting of his words down the road

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/06/21 10:48 AM

We actually need it to be unfavorable to us. Such would surely put the country into “gear”.

Re: SCOTUS to hear gun case - 10/06/21 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher
Look for a mass shooting in our near future fellas.

Nailed it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums