Home

Power tool sets

Posted By: adam m

Power tool sets - 10/05/21 03:20 AM

Since my dewalt set was stolen I bought a set of metabo (Hitachi). I was less than impressed and will be taking them back.
What's a decent set of power tools that won't break the bank?
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 03:24 AM

I love my Makita drill and driver set. I use them all the time. I upgraded to the higher capacity batteries, which are heavier but well worth it.

Moosetrot
Posted By: headache73

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 03:44 AM

I switched over to Rigid. Nice tools, with a lifetime warranty, even the batteries. Good prices, too
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 03:58 AM

Been running the old Craftsmen 19.2 combo for years before the better batteries ever came out still going strong did need to replace the charger. It’s all I need for my usage but they get a lot of use and abuse.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 10:46 AM

i have a kolbalt set that is looking to be good not had it very long.
they are dang stout
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 10:51 AM

I bought Milwaukee. Lithium batteries and brushless designs. Have had them for a few years. Can't remember the price. Never have had a problem and plenty of power.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 11:10 AM

dewalt brushless motor is good and pretty cheap. milwalki is supposed to be too notch but to pricy for me cause we abuse our tools working in the rain and mud
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Been running the old Craftsmen 19.2 combo for years before the better batteries ever came out still going strong did need to replace the charger. It’s all I need for my usage but they get a lot of use and abuse.

X 2 got a couple drills still going strong after 15+ years of abuse.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 12:08 PM

I work in the building trades and hear good things about the Makita line. But most guys, including me, run Milwaukee cordless tools. But, as mentioned above, they ain't cheap.
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 12:22 PM

if you are talking drills dewalt or milwaukee are probably the best bang for your buck but if your talking other tools dewalt is the way to go with the flex volt system and most stores will carry a variety of different amp hour batteries
Posted By: run

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 01:11 PM

Milwaukee is what we use. Stay away from Craftsman. I learned that the hard way. I heard that Hilti is decent too.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 01:15 PM

Milwaukee all the way from chainsaw to drill

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 01:36 PM

Thanksfor the suggestions. I've been hesitant on craftsman's since Sears went under.
I need at a minimum a skill saw, reciprocating saw, drill, impact. Anything else added to the set will be ok.
Posted By: kseric

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 02:12 PM

I work for Deere and we use Bosch on the factory floor. They get used and abused. Battery life is awesome too.
Posted By: Owen

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 02:20 PM

I like the Hercules series from Harbor Freight. They have held up well and are very strong. They keep expanding their tools to include other thing than just drills to.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 02:39 PM

Special of the day (today only) at Home Depot. Different packages

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 05:27 PM

Good to know thanks
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: Power tool sets - 10/05/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by run
Milwaukee is what we use. Stay away from Craftsman. I learned that the hard way. I heard that Hilti is decent too.

Hilti is incredible. Have straight Hilti stuff. Love them.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Power tool sets - 10/06/21 12:43 AM

Can’t beat Milwaukee.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Power tool sets - 10/06/21 12:44 AM

milwaukee m-18
© 2024 Trapperman Forums