Home

Does anyone

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:01 AM

Just trap for fun ( try stuff beyond all you gotta do is) instead of trying to be a pro anymore?
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:06 AM

I thought we were mostly all trapping for fun at today's prices,!
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:09 AM

Taking my two kids is always fun.
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:09 AM

yup! lots more relaxing! and fun!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:12 AM

These days i just trap critters that are after my chickens and could hurt my cats. I also don't worry how big of a hole a round makes when I shoot a coyote
Posted By: Savell

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:15 AM

I trap for the fame, glory and women..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BKS

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:16 AM

Only reason I trap is fun. My days of getting up before daylight, hiking the woods and climbing trees are over. It took me a long time to realize why my Dad only squirrel hunted, no pressure, just relaxing. My trapping is the same way to me. I squirrel hunt while I trap most times.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:16 AM

I definitely don’t try to be a pro. I’d like to say I trap for fun, but realistically it’s more about the lifestyle. There are a lot of days when I’m trapping and it’s not fun at all! But, at the end of the day, I love it.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:23 AM

I'ma outta work pro trapper. frown
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Just trap for fun ( try stuff beyond all you gotta do is) instead of trying to be a pro anymore?

Muskrats are the only fun trapping anymore. The marsh owner doesn’t care if I catch them all or none.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:59 AM

just for fun

and to help friends out

you learn so much more about the animal trapping
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 01:07 AM

I would say I trap for fun but really want get better at it. My goal is when I am asked to come into a property to trap I really want to leave having good results.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 01:07 AM

It’s a passion for me and I go as hard at it as I can. That being said I trap coons for fun. Skunks and coyotes are a different story.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 01:11 AM

I go into it with the thought of not making any money. So far I've been quite successful at it.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 01:12 AM

With the way things are currently I trap to scratch the itch unless it's beaver trapping, I'll only do that if I'm paid.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 01:14 AM

No
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 02:04 AM

Whenever I encounter a gal who goes beyond the stage of idle chatter, I have to wonder if its due to my strong-jawed, rugged good looks, or they found out about my former teen modeling career, or my trapping prowess, or my bald head. (All chicks dig bald heads. The ones who deny it are either lesbians, liars, or both.)
What was the question again?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Savell

[Linked Image]

ole' son never fails to leave a good comment grin
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 12:45 PM

Trap for money? Hang on let me think way way back. Yes before we lost out live coyote market I usrled to spend less on trapping at the end of the year.

No I have never made a profit just offset some cost. Still more ahead than hunting on cost. Especially if you figured my hour drives to take my boys squirrel and deer hunting. Esp if you include the out of state deer hunt this weekend. Buying some cows and fence would be much cheaper for sure..

So I don't trap or hunt for profit so it must be to teach the kids and enjoyment of being outdoors. And reduce problem critter's on the farm. I guess that could be for profit. They never seen to get the chickens that need culled but the young ones that just started laying or meat birds ready to be butchered.

Posted By: run

Re: Does anyone - 10/06/21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Savell

[Linked Image]

LOL.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums