Home

Apple Pie Drink recipe

Posted By: Coon Duke

Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 01:45 PM

Can someone please post it?
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 02:08 PM

I'm guessing you're talking about apple pie "moonshine"??

Here's mine

1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 sticks cinnamon.
1 bottle 150 everclear. or
1 bottle spiced rum. I usually use admiral nelson 151 spiced rum.

Put all but the alcohol in a pot.
Bring to a rolling boil, stirring to get everything mixed together. I usually boil it for about 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Let cool until it is below 130 degrees. Boiling point of alcohol is around 170 so I like to get it well below that.
Add alcohol.
This part is going to sound odd, but I put that mixture in a container that has a spigot. This way I can stir it constantly while putting it into jars.
Posted By: Coon Duke

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 04:23 PM

Do you refrigerate it?

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Coon Duke
Do you refrigerate it?

Yes. I'm not sure if I have to or not. But I do to be safe.

I have taken jars to camp and they've set out for 4 or 5 days and no ill effects.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 07:30 PM

Just to double what elk said. I used about the same exact recipe and it turned out great. Easy to make, especially if you get your wife to do it !! lol just kidding. sorta
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 08:05 PM

Watching!

Moosetrot
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 08:18 PM

Do you refrigerate it?

I usually do unless its "used" within a few days, especially if temps are fairly warm. Like anything else sweet it can mold eventually.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 08:46 PM

A buddy of mine used to make it and instead of cinnamon sticks he would throw in a handful of those red, I think "Hot Tamale" cinnamon candies.

Good Apple Pie was a staple at rendezvous in this region. Goes down quick and easy but kicks like a mule!

Moosetrot
Posted By: Muskrat Love

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
Do you refrigerate it?

Yes. I'm not sure if I have to or not. But I do to be safe.

I have taken jars to camp and they've set out for 4 or 5 days and no ill effects.

REFRIGERATE IT???

Heck, it's only 2 gallons!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 09:33 PM

I use to make some Maple Glow. Maple syrup and shine.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 10:14 PM

1 gallon of GOOD PASTEURIZED apple cider
1 gallon 100% NATURAL apple juice WITH NO SUGAR ADDED!
3 cups white granulated sugar
9 GOOD QUALITY cinnamon sticks (use McCormick)
1 750 ml Bottle + 1 Pint of 190 proof Everclear for a TOTAL of 1125 ml

Directions
1. In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks ONLY.
2. Bring it to a boil, then turn down heat and let it simmer for 1 hour. Take it off the heat and allow it to thoroughly cool.
3. Strain the COOLED mix through a NEW or CLEAN piece of SHEET or PILLOW CASE THREE TIMES into another pot one or two times or until there is no sediment in the second pot.
4. Add the Everclear and stir.
5. Pour into 16 pint mason jars, or glass bottles, store in cool dry place or you can keep it refrigerated. If you let it sit in fridge for several weeks +, any sediment will go to the bottom.

NOTE: If you SIMMER it for an hour after it boils and let it cool properly before adding the Everclear, this process will "age" it and it will be ready to consume immediately just as if it had "aged" for a week or two.
Enjoy!
:-)

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 10:38 PM

If you can get the 190 proof everclear it's better. If you have a tincturing license in PA you will be able to buy it. If not, you'll have to use the lesser proof.

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
A buddy of mine used to make it and instead of cinnamon sticks he would throw in a handful of those red, I think "Hot Tamale" cinnamon candies.

Good Apple Pie was a staple at rendezvous in this region. Goes down quick and easy but kicks like a mule!

Moosetrot

That sounds yummy.

I bet you could put one in each jar and let it dissolve to get the flavor. Ohhhhh the possibilities.

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/06/21 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muskrat Love

REFRIGERATE IT???

Heck, it's only 2 gallons!

I know, but it's better if it's aged for a little bit. I usually make mine in October and won't drink it until summer.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/07/21 04:46 PM

I refrigerate mine, but, only because I prefer it cold, and usually have a little extra room in the kegerator.

Alcohol has been used for centuries to preserve fruit. I pretty much doubt this stuff is going to go bad
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/07/21 07:51 PM

Hmmm. I’m in!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Apple Pie Drink recipe - 10/07/21 08:25 PM

I would double the ethanol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums