Home

A well armed militia

Posted By: Hodagtrapper

A well armed militia - 10/06/21 11:25 PM

A friend shared this and I found it interesting.
Pretty Amazing!
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:
There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!
Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
(That’s more men under arms than in Iran . More than France and Germany combined. )
These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms,
and NO ONE WAS KILLED.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods ofPennsylvania and
Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.
________ The point? _______________________________________
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower!
Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer.
It's a matter of national security.
That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought, when next we consider gun control, whether you agree with it or not.
Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens???
For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.
(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT
THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Chris
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: A well armed militia - 10/06/21 11:28 PM

X100
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: A well armed militia - 10/06/21 11:57 PM

Y'all obviously dont listen to Steve Deace.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Y'all obviously dont listen to Steve Deace.

Meaning?

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:09 AM

See Covid lockdowns and its a show people should really watch/listen too.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:12 AM

See Covid lockdowns and its a show people should really watch/listen too.

Thanks!
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:16 AM

The media and democraps have to be stopped
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:39 AM

But....without any ammo.....what then?
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:40 AM

A whole lot of them hunters with guns were also trained soldiers in the military with much training.So that is substantuly better than just 30 million civilian hunters in the field with guns.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:46 AM

They wouldn't fight. Technology has taken away any chance we have. Besides, no one is doing anything about the border. Just complaining. Same would happen if they came after our guns.
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:48 AM

I question those numbers only because you can buy more that 1 hunting licenses for deer.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hornytoad1
I question those numbers only because you can buy more that 1 hunting licenses for deer.

https://www.wbay.com/2020/12/01/wisconsin-deer-harvest-license-sales-up-from-2019/

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 01:00 AM

https://www.wbay.com/2020/12/01/wisconsin-deer-harvest-license-sales-up-from-2019/

You missed the point. 600,000 license sold DOESN'T mean 600,000 people hunting deer, because you can buy more then one license.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 01:08 AM

You let the deer hunting thing throw you off.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 01:12 AM

Try again clown. The bloger claims there are over 600,000 people hunting deer. GO READ LINE 4 OF THE BLOGERS CLAIM.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 01:16 AM

Try again clown. The bloger claims there are over 600,000 people hunting deer. GO READ LINE 4 OF THE BLOGERS CLAIM.

No need for ad hominem attacks. Not the reason that I started this thread!
Start your own thread if you want to resort to name calling!

Chris

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 01:32 AM

Looks like you don't get it either. You can't count the number of license sold and come to a conclusion that's how many people hunt when 1 person can buy MORE THAT 1 license.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 01:46 AM

You cant count license sales at all these days as most states will not publish those numbers anymore. At least not directly. You have to go to the Feds to find it. Wisconsin had 683,000 paid hunting licenses in 2020
https://www.fws.gov/wsfrprograms/subpages/licenseinfo/Natl%20Hunting%20License%20Report%202020.pdf
Total paid hunting licenses is over 15 million
Posted By: Marty

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 02:14 AM

I am not sure every hunter will risk his/her life defending anything....but I am sure that some will.
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 03:10 AM

Forest for the trees, clown. Forest for the trees.

Owl
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 03:22 AM

And what are they calling licenses? A deer tag? In Indiana most that bow hunt get 2of those then at least 2 for gun and 2 for smoke poles. Some get serious hunt in several counties and buy many more. So it is possible the # of license sold are many less than the # of hunters. Plus not all deer license are gun tags.

BUT

Yes, the US population is the best armed group in the world. Some even know how to use them.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 05:30 AM

OK. Foregoing the number of license debate let's look at another issue, definitely not overlooked by the left. We have been at war for 20 years which includes almost if not all state National Guard. All these folks are trained the same way in the same tactics. A huge number of them have actual combat experience. They are largely conservative and the ones that lean left still volunteered to serve the country not the politicians. They value our freedoms and constitution and through all this have been largely silent. They are nervous and disgusted at what is happening. I would imagine that most of them are the running type or would give in to tyranny. just food for thought. Still a lot of the Vietnam guys around too.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 09:58 AM

Don't forget, there are a lot of deer hunters that do not hunt anymore but still have there rifles. I am one of them. Most x hunter have more than one weapon.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 01:31 PM

We could just simplify the whole thing and say, there are a lot more of us than there is of them. Thats why they are scared and want our guns. January 6th has shown that to get the government running and hiding all ya need is a pair of speedos, a fire extinguisher, some body paint and a bison hat. The just a handful of folks get them on the run. And that was the B team at best. If they keep poking the bear and only 5% of us say enough is enough, things will get ugly real quick.
Posted By: PAlltheway

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 02:24 PM

There is no “technology gap” between the US military and We, The People that God, Guts, and Guns can’t overrun. A prime example of this is the most ragtag group of barefoot goat breeders thoroughly whipping the United States military in Afghanistan. If there is no political will, there is no fighting warrior will.
The Left excels at sniping from behind, from the flanks, deplatforming and de-personing people, ganging up in a mob. But I am pretty sure that when, not if, the hot lead flies, these same snowflakes will run to their safe rooms and hide. And those are in flammable structures. The point being, our side knows there is no other place like America, there is no other place where the common man can live in freedom and peace. Our backs are to the wall now, and all of the artificial confidence the Left has can just as easily be popped over here as it was in Afghanistan.
America is OURS, and we patriots are the only ones who are willing to fight and die to keep it.
Posted By: Boco

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 02:58 PM

You guys better get on it soon,most of you are already old,fat and out of shape,lol.
The other side is all young and fit.
They can likely just wait you out for another few years.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
You guys better get on it soon,most of you are already old,fat and out of shape,lol.

You are mostly correct, Boco. But guys like me aren’t dead yet, we are only mostly dead. And I’d bet on our mostly dead any day over the effeminate girl-talking skinny jeans wearing grass-eating urban “guys” who are apparently going to wait us out.
I have more mean in my gnarly old pinky than they have at their whole fruity cafe on a Saturday afternoon in June.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by PAlltheway

You are mostly correct, Boco. But guys like me aren’t dead yet, we are only mostly dead. And I’d bet on our mostly dead any day over the effeminate girl-talking skinny jeans wearing grass-eating urban “guys” who are apparently going to wait us out.
I have more mean in my gnarly old pinky than they have at their whole fruity cafe on a Saturday afternoon in June.

Can the brother get an amen?
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 03:21 PM

A well-armed militia is great and all, but it won't make much of a difference when the long-range missiles and nukes start flying. Aside from fire power, our well-armed militia should include some real IT geeks for protection on the cyber side of things as well.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by DakotaBoy
A well-armed militia is great and all, but it won't make much of a difference when the long-range missiles and nukes start flying. Aside from fire power, our well-armed militia should include some real IT geeks for protection on the cyber side of things as well.

Who are they going to shoot long range missiles at, their own? They will face the same issues they faced in Afghanistan.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 03:26 PM

Do not over estimate someone that has nothing to loose. As you get older it is even more true. JMO

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 04:11 PM

A turkey is way more difficult to stalk than most humans. Just sayin. Just cut the power to DC in the summer by knocking out s bunch of sub stations and the pencil sharpeners will drop like flies without AC. There are so many way to kick that cat.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 04:30 PM

I agree-one thing us old guys got going for us is we have already lived most of our life and have much less to lose in that respect.
But those you describe are a very small minority of the hardened criminal element armed to the teeth will illegal weapons,which constitutes most of the hard line communists.
Think Bolsheviks that lined up and shot their adversaries in the Russian revolution.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 04:34 PM

Not everyone who is older is fat and out of shape but I agree that way too many are.....
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 05:31 PM

That's ALOT of feeders we'll have to convert from corn, to whatever these terrorists eat! Lol

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
That's ALOT of feeders we'll have to convert from corn, to whatever these terrorists eat! Lol

Playstation game boxes and pot should be good attractants.

Sign will be easier to spot than usual grin

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
Not everyone who is older is fat and out of shape but I agree that way too many are.....

If you can operate a chainsaw out of the gate you are useful. You can get in shape as we go.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/07/21 09:16 PM

What ya going to do with a chainsaw in DC ??

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

If you can operate a chainsaw out of the gate you are useful. You can get in shape as we go.

If you let someone else start em...some of these new chainsaws, youll rip the pull cord off em because they arent meant to be pulled like the ones from the old days...
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

Have you ever watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.
Posted By: rex123

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 12:35 AM

Lets see it hits the fan. We are out in the woods country is divided and fighting. Do you really think Russia, China, South America, Iran. etc. will stay out of it? And from what I have seen a lot of people you are counting in won't show up. It would make a great movie though.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

Keep the military busy.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
Lets see it hits the fan. We are out in the woods country is divided and fighting. Do you really think Russia, China, South America, Iran. etc. will stay out of it? And from what I have seen a lot of people you are counting in won't show up. It would make a great movie though.

They will watch intently but they won’t enter the fray.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 02:37 AM

There is no “technology gap” between the US military and We, The People that God, Guts, and Guns can’t overrun. A prime example of this is the most ragtag group of barefoot goat breeders thoroughly whipping the United States military in Afghanistan. If there is no political will, there is no fighting warrior will.
The Left excels at sniping from behind, from the flanks, deplatforming and de-personing people, ganging up in a mob. But I am pretty sure that when, not if, the hot lead flies, these same snowflakes will run to their safe rooms and hide. And those are in flammable structures. The point being, our side knows there is no other place like America, there is no other place where the common man can live in freedom and peace. Our backs are to the wall now, and all of the artificial confidence the Left has can just as easily be popped over here as it was in Afghanistan.
America is OURS, and we patriots are the only ones who are willing to fight and die to keep it.

The military in afgan had too many rules. If the libs are running the military against conservatives the gloves will be off. Conservative cities will be like damascus...rubble. No cities in afgan were turned to rubble...better consider that commies have a ruthless track records around the world when it came to civil wars..look at vietnam, russia, cambodia, etc.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 03:06 AM

The military in afgan had too many rules. If the libs are running the military against conservatives the gloves will be off. Conservative cities will be like damascus...rubble. No cities in afgan were turned to rubble...better consider that commies have a ruthless track records around the world when it came to civil wars..look at vietnam, russia, cambodia, etc.

that is a good point, Marty. I still doubt the spirit of this new military they are creating. Regardless, we should be ready to do everything humanly possible to win. No mercy. Whatever it takes. Like you say, the Democrat Communists are playing for keeps, and there is zero chance of a political resolution because the GOP just does not care. This is not about hunkering down behind our living room couch and waiting for the uniformed Gestapo thugs. People have to band together locally. Back in May I was at a 2A rally, and went up to group of hot-pink-obvious federal agents dressed up in fatigues with ARs etc, trying to look all militia-like. What BS. One guy told me to join an established group, like 3% or OK. I responded "But you guys have infiltrated every one of those groups, and you are trying to make membership a crime. No thanks." The guy turned away. And by the way, the federal agents often try to make themselves look all down-home, with scraggly beards etc.
Anyhow, America is in a big mess.

"...That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness..."

A great proportion of Americans believe this illegal Biden government is undermining our safety and happiness, that the administration is destructive of our rights and protections. We have the road map forward, someone just needs to lean over and jam their foot on the gas pedal.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 03:21 AM

they are purging the military right now and there is a reason for that...they know what is necessary for them to fufiill their agenda. thats why they are cracking down on anyone who will not go along....military, no vaxers, school kids parents, etc..they want to crush all those folks.....they get excited thinking about crushing those folks...the doj is already on their side...and so is dhs.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 03:24 AM

.........but right now our biggest problem is supply chain issues and when that shows up as some empty areas of store shelving the panic will set in.....that is really the biggest problem we have directly in front of us...but there are many more problems on the horizon.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 04:20 AM

Bankruptcy on the horizon.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 07:24 AM

We print the money the world uses for trade. So that wont happen anytime soon.

Its in fact the reason we are being taken out by the globalist. They want to crash the dollar and replace it with their bitcoin.

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 09:12 AM

..they want to crush all those folks.....they get excited thinking about crushing those folks....

They know exactly how I feel then. lol

I get the “all bets are off” you mentioned previous however as I have said before, hurricanes and ice storms. Winter is approaching.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: A well armed militia - 10/08/21 08:19 PM

The numbers keep changing, but, I bet I've seen this 50 times in the last 50 years.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums