Home

what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ?

Posted By: danny clifton

what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:02 PM

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/man-shooting-car-thieves/

Evan Wexler, CEO of Meat Innovations Inc. and Steakhouse Elite COO, has caused waves in Fort Lee, New Jersey after car thieves targeted his exotic and luxury car collection for the 18th time in the past two years. The man was awoken in the middle of the night on March 25, 2020 to see the would-be thieves at work outside. Before dashing out of his mansion in the nude, he grabbed a loaded AR-15. He confronted the men who had broken into and started his Mercedes G-Wagon, apparently in an attempt to open the security gates for accesss to his Lamborghinis, McLarens, and Ferraris.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:07 PM

You're supposed to ask them which cars they prefer and then redistribute your wealth of course. smile
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:12 PM

They do need a car to drive to school.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
You're supposed to ask them which cars they prefer and then redistribute your wealth of course. smile

Someone might just redistribute chunks of their bodies all over the street with the AR-15 too.

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:23 PM

If you click the link the guy protecting his property was charged
Posted By: Getting There

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:23 PM

Donate his body to science.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:24 PM

What did you expect from New Jersey?
Posted By: Knappett

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:32 PM

follow the three S rule!
Posted By: SJA

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:34 PM

That dude has more issues if there's been18 attempts to steal his car collection in two years! No enclosed building with security alarms, cameras, etc.? Here's a simple and effective solution: Disconnect ONE battery cable from those cars that you're not intending to drive that day. That'll set thieves in a fit not being able to hot wire a car :-)
Posted By: k snow

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:35 PM

Didn't Joe say just hold the shotgun at waist level and blast through the door?
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:41 PM

Yeah, it's Jersey. Automatic two years in jail for illegal possession of a handgun. Ask the history professor arrested for transporting a non-functional antique pistol. Or the mother from Philly who was perfectly legal to carry in Philadelphia, PA but became a felon the instant she crossed the state line into Jersey.

I'm in the same situation. I'm perfectly legal to carry concealed here in PA but as soon as I cross the Delaware River heading east I could face two-years in the slammer for exercising my right to bear arms.

You can't even own a foothold trap in that bastion of communism.

What he did would be legal and acceptable in most Republican-controlled states.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:42 PM

If you have money for exotic cars, you hire a PI to find them. After he/she locates them and where they live you deal with them.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:44 PM

Another good reason to live in the middle of nowhere.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
If you have money for exotic cars, you hire a PI to find them. After he/she locates them and where they live you deal with them.

Or a property guarded with Mad Dogs!!!! And Electric fences.
Posted By: RustyShacklefrd

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:55 PM

They’d surrender when they saw me nude anyways, so no need for the gun
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/07/21 11:59 PM

I was in New Jersey a couple years ago. Never seen roadsides so trashed. I was warned about carrying my popper by the fellow I went there to do business with. I went to lunch with him and his crew. Michigan government sucks, I will admit but we have it way better than folks in jersey. By then end of my visit they all wanted to come to Michigan. The taxes there are unreal, and you can't pump your own gas.....
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 12:46 AM

BANG ! BANG !…..who’s there ?
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 01:07 AM

call 811
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by k snow
Didn't Joe say just hold the shotgun at waist level and blast through the door?

thats what i heard. and both barrels.
Posted By: danvee

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 02:26 AM

just welcome them in like at the Jan capitol party the stage and precedent was set there.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
I was in New Jersey a couple years ago. Never seen roadsides so trashed. I was warned about carrying my popper by the fellow I went there to do business with. I went to lunch with him and his crew. Michigan government sucks, I will admit but we have it way better than folks in jersey. By then end of my visit they all wanted to come to Michigan. The taxes there are unreal, and you can't pump your own gas.....

Most of the state is really nice...and rural. Most of the people live in a narrow strip of urban blight that stretches across the state from NYC to Philadelphia. Above and below that strip it's rural farmland, mountains, or woods. The problem is that the majority are from the city and pass laws that don't work out here in the nice spots and elect officials who don't care what works for us.

Yes. NJ's gun laws are the worst. I read the quote in the OPs post and thought "he's going to jail".
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
just welcome them in like at the Jan capitol party the stage and precedent was set there.

Better get that blood flow to your brain checked.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 10:31 AM

Here you would have to first conduct an interview/ survey before shooting. It depends on the..... race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.

WS
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 10:49 AM

What can you do in a situation like that? I guess he could afford to hire private security so that they could take the fall instead of him. Other than that, his only option would be to get the heck out of NJ. Here he would have been justified to shoot them dead.

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 10:50 AM

here in ks lethal force is legal if its the only recourse to protect your property. citizen arrest is also legal
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 10:59 AM

Here, lethal force is legal if you do it to prevent someone from committing a felony against you or your property and property is defined to include vehicles.
Posted By: run

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by RustyShacklefrd
They’d surrender when they saw me nude anyways, so no need for the gun

Best explanation yet!!!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 01:48 PM

charged with what

shooting in city limits , wickless endangerment ?

you have to have a lethal threat to fire and if you do you have to be stopping that threat

no warning shots , it shows insufficient need to fire.

if the car was in drive and he was in their path and they started to rev the engine or move 2 through he windshield into the driver then assess , they had a lethal weapon and were threatening use of deadly force. death or serious injury was eminent if they ran him down with his own car.

it is really sad you could protect property without taking human life , but the very folks who try and tell you how important human life is to them while they murder babies and turn violent criminals loose have forced your hand , you have to place yourself in such a way that there is a real threat then take the life to stop the threat or you will be charged.

in the end he will probably move that fancy car collection to a state that doesn't prohibit him protecting it and keep a small apartment to stay at and work his businesses in NJ the second he is fore the day hop a private plane to his new place in Virginia or north Carolina.

one of those cars sold would buy a decent small plane and what he is paying in taxes in NJ would pay a pilot to shuttle him back and forth.

his main residence will be in some state with much lower income taxes and NJ looses again
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? - 10/08/21 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by danvee

Better get that blood flow to your brain checked.

Won't help Hobbie. Got to have a brain to flow to.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums