Home

Penn state vs. Iowa

Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 12:11 AM

First off I’m an ISU fan but I heard about this bet and I thought some of you on here would find this neat, the link was the first one I found.

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news...nas-council-makes-friendly-football-bet/
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 12:17 AM

My buddy kicked for ISU a few years back.

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 12:24 AM

We had really good kickers for a while, mainly because they got enough experience and that’s not a good thing.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 01:44 AM

Doesn't seem like an equal bet.

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 01:53 AM

Yeah I’d say Iowa is putting more on the line.
Posted By: btomlin

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 02:13 AM

I wish ISU would have made a bet with Iowa that the loser got the winner’s punter.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 02:34 AM

I think PA is gonna be eating some steaks.
Posted By: PAlltheway

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 02:55 AM

PSU grad here. Lost interest in everything PSU after the Joe Paterno Midnight Massacre. Have not been back to a game in a long time. But we are taking our son to Main Campus tomorrow to look around.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by PAlltheway
PSU grad here. Lost interest in everything PSU after the Joe Paterno Midnight Massacre. Have not been back to a game in a long time. But we are taking our son to Main Campus tomorrow to look around.

Penn State football hasn’t been the same since JoPa left.
Posted By: PAlltheway

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Originally Posted by PAlltheway

Penn State football hasn’t been the same since JoPa left.

👍 I agree with you 100%
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 10:45 AM

I am really bummed, we have the Dish Network and they are in a contract dispute with "Fox" who is televising the game. That means the Fox network is not available to me unless they settle their dispute before game time.

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
I am really bummed, we have the Dish Network and they are in a contract dispute with "Fox" who is televising the game. That means the Fox network is not available to me unless they settle their dispute before game time.

Nittany, you can sign up for a free 7 day trial of Hulu + live TV on your computer. Watch the game, then cancel your subscription so you don't forget to do it later.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 10:59 AM

Who is going to televise it?

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 11:00 AM

He said above Fox.

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 11:01 AM

Oh, I get it now....dish and fox are having the dispute, not fox and P.S.U.

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 11:02 AM

I better go to work, I'm not fully awake.lol
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Nittany, you can sign up for a free 7 day trial of Hulu + live TV on your computer. Watch the game, then cancel your subscription so you don't forget to do it later.

You say watch the game on my computer? Is there any way it can be on TV on the big screen?

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 11:57 AM

You say watch the game on my computer? Is there any way it can be on TV on the big screen?

Yes. Your TV is probably a smart TV. You probably have the option to have Hulu right on your TV. You may even have a button on your remote control for it (or you might not). If not, you should have a button on your remote control for apps, or maybe just menu. Really hard to try to explain without knowing your TV. Just sit down with your remote and poke around and see if you can find Hulu listed anywhere on your TV. Or, if you know what make and model your TV is, post it, and I'll see if I can be more specific on how to do it once I know what you have. If you can find the Hulu app on your TV, there should be an option once you click on it to sign up for the free trial.

Edit: I'm talking about your TV remote, NOT your dish network remote.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 02:34 PM

If you don't have a smart TV you can get it also if you have amazon firestick. But either one you have to have a wifi network. (sure you do) You may check college sports channel if you get it thru your satellite . It may be there since it is a major network carrying it.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 02:56 PM

I think PA is gonna be eating some steaks.

Lets play the game and see.

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 02:58 PM

Before we bought a ROKU, we would run a cable from our computer to the tv to watch whatever we got on our computer. I believe its the same cable we use to hook our ROKU to the tv?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/08/21 06:22 PM

It seems that Iowa/Penn State games are always good, even when the stakes aren't this high.

Re: Penn state vs. Iowa - 10/09/21 01:44 AM

That sucks nittany but I’m sure you’ll figure out some way to watch it, it does seem like when penn state plays Iowa they do find another gear.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums