Home

How can I evict people off my property

Posted By: coal miner

How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:15 AM

Need suggestions for trying to evict people off my property, There living full time in my house, but legally I can’t evict them
Posted By: SJA

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by coal miner
Need suggestions for trying to evict people off my property, There living full time in my house, but legally I can’t evict them

Yeah, kids are a problem! grin
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:20 AM

Cut off the power and utilities. Once they get tired of being in the dark and chilly, they might get the hint. But...first I'd talk to a lawyer.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:22 AM

Yes you can SCOTUS says so. Tell them to catch the next train
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:23 AM

Give them an eviction notice. When the time is up move in with them. Serious. Get up in the morning walk and around in your underwear. Eat whatever food they have in the house. If you get assaulted dont fight back. Curl up in a fetal position then call an ambulance. Have your lawyer meet you at the hospital.
Posted By: Osky

Essence of skunk?

Osky
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

I’m not really sure why legally you can evict them, here I know the process takes time but it can be done, the problem with cutting power is then they use other means which usually isn’t good.

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:27 AM

Yes Danny I was told moving in with them would be a good option
Posted By: justjosh

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:30 AM

Remove the front door to be "repaired"
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:30 AM

Shot gun and "Get off my lawn" Clint Eastwood.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:33 AM

Rattle snake migration?
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:34 AM

M1 Garand for the full effect.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:35 AM

sil had that problem and was using a rental agency -- apparently the house needed alot of repair work which could only be accomplished if the house was vacant.
Posted By: SJA

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:35 AM

You could always "weird" them out grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Give them an eviction notice. When the time is up move in with them. Serious. Get up in the morning walk and around in your underwear. Eat whatever food they have in the house. If you get assaulted dont fight back. Curl up in a fetal position then call an ambulance. Have your lawyer meet you at the hospital.

A burly trapper walking around in his undies cooking all my food would probably make me want to move out but if that burly trapper was walking around in women's underwear and stilettos it definitely would!
Posted By: coop74

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:49 AM

How did they get there inthe 1st place?
Posted By: Marty

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:38 AM

Go and take all the exterior doors off and take them with you when you leave....
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:42 AM

Find out what day of the month the welfare check comes . When they go to Walmart .....burn the house down
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by justjosh
Remove the front door to be "repaired"

Originally Posted by Marty
Go and take all the exterior doors off and take them with you when you leave....

Works around here. Windows too.

Owl
Posted By: adam m

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:49 AM

What's the scenario?
Are we talking squatters, tenants, a child and their significant other etc....
Each scenario proposes a different way to legally evict.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:51 AM

If they have trashed your house, you could get it condemned, so they have to leave.

If they are committing any illegal activities, such as selling drugs, report them to the police.

Keith
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 03:06 AM

Oh, there are a few ways to handle this !!! grin

1. Do you have a septic system? Get it pumped first thing in the Morning , when they are eating Breakfast...

2. Forced Hot Air Gas Furnace ? Skunk essence in the heat ducts when the Furnace needs to turn on from the cold weather.

3. Have a Water Well? Cut the power to the pump to get it repaired. Or, get the Well flushed out . The Tenants would freak when they see all the dark muddy water come shooting out of the Well.

Funny how it is so hard to get tenants out these days. When we had tenants, the Judge made them move out in 48 hours.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 03:10 AM

I say you do old school on em. Gusto and a pig castrator.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 03:38 AM

We are going to see a huge rise in organizations like the Mafia and gangs as law abiding Americans are left without any legal options to protect themselves, their businesses and property, thanks to impractical, liberal laws.

Keith
Posted By: Boco

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 04:16 AM

Flame Thrower.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 08:32 AM

Set your traps on fresh sign. Normally a main den entrance and a rear den entrance. Relocate every catch till the colony is cleared out.
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 10:01 AM

How about just a few live skunks!
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 10:40 AM

If they're paying rent. Raise the rent.
Posted By: glf

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 01:58 PM

In my crazy state. Renters have more rights than land owners. Don't do anything foolish. Get a lawyer.

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:36 PM

Squatters that moved in, legally I can’t remove them
Posted By: VictorD

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:38 PM

Get an attorney. My friend's attorney found a loop hole and was able to evict them. But now he has to repair what they did.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by SJA

You could always "weird" them out grin

[Linked Image]

lmao
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:45 PM

Go "A Bronx Tale" on them.Walk in,,,lock all the doors and say "Now You CANT leave" grin
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 02:57 PM

talk to a lawyer first

but if there was no lease at any point

least invasive

buy a hundred dollar gift card at a local business like a grocery store heck 500 would be cheap with what your going to save have them call and tell them they won 100 or 500 dollar gift card but the sponsor wants a picture with the whole family at the store. to get the free money. be ready the second they leave to empty the house with a crew and bolt all the doors shut. then you have to move in or have someone move in

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 03:00 PM

I own a property in CO. Threatening to move in worked for me several years ago.

Had a rental here in KS we sold. I rented to a guy for a fairly cheap rent when he told me he would stay there and not move. Instead he rented it to another. I found out when renter #2 wanted to know if he should pay me or Jack. I called Jack who said dont get nervous I will take care of the place and your rent will be on time. Lawyer said since Jack moved out and the contract was with him, the contract was broken. I did not have to let Jack back in. Said he would contact the sheriff and have the new occupant out that day. I told him to hold off and contacted the new renter. He said he would be out in 3 days and he was. I sold it.

Place in CO is rented to an Iraq war veteran and his family. He is disabled. He gets a break on rent too. Money is deposited every month. Never any problems.

When he leaves it will become a by the day rental. That was my original plan till I met the current renter.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 03:08 PM

Slip over tonite and put a little purple dye in his fuel tank and call the DOT on him. Apparently they could search his car and possibly find sumthin to put him in jail for.

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 03:25 PM

Legally You Can't but the sheriff can.
Squatting is a misdemeanor in NV.
https://www.shouselaw.com/nv/defense/nrs/205-0817-squatting/

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 04:26 PM

I am in New Mexico and I can’t make them leave
Posted By: hippie

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 04:34 PM

Annoy the scrap out of them, like go work on the house while they're trying to sleep every couple days, if possible, have a dumpster placed where they park so they have to park off-site, ect.
Posted By: Rye

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 04:38 PM

I am in New Mexico and I can’t make them leave

Sounds like there is a lot more to this story.....
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 04:38 PM

Is it a family with kids down on their luck or a bunch of methheads using it as a crack house?
Posted By: glf

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 05:16 PM

A squatter can claim rights to a property after a certain time residing there. In Nevada, it takes 5 years of continuous occupation for a squatter to make an adverse possession claim (NRS § 11.070, 110, 150, 180). They must also pay property taxes for the entire length of that time. When a squatter claims adverse possession, they have the opportunity to gain legal ownership of the property. At this point, the squatter has lawful permission to remain on the property and is no longer a criminal trespasser.

You should get a lawyer
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

A burly trapper walking around in his undies cooking all my food would probably make me want to move in but if that burly trapper was walking around in women's underwear and stilettos it definitely would!

He is trying to get them out
grin
Posted By: nycoyoteman

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 06:26 PM

Get friendly with code enforcement or fire inspector. Have them do a walkthrough and find some kind of violation and deem the house “unsafe”.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 06:36 PM

I'd find a way to make the place unlivable. Disable utilities, heat/air, water, sewer access. Were theirs a will theirs a way.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

A burly trapper walking around in his undies cooking all my food would probably make me want to move in but if that burly trapper was walking around in women's underwear and stilettos it definitely would!

He is trying to get them out
grin

hahahahaha I meant to say move OUT lmao

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 07:20 PM

Yes you can evict a squatter/trespasser in NM. Sheriff needs to be involved. Squatters can claim adverse possession in NM after 10 years.
Why can't you get them evicted? Are they trespassers or were they tenants that won't leave? Are they living in a property that was inherited to you? More details would go a long way
Posted By: coonman220

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 08:37 PM

I was almost talk into buy duplex I live in for number yrs an gave renters an did try but the loan deal fell thru because rental property was big deal at bank, I wouldn't ever be interested , do t have money for it for 1, a relator told me that evict renters is very hard do an involves law an lots time, an u could be out lots cash, in no rent an maybe utilities, the relator told me they kick holes in wall an on drugs, turn furnace up 90 in winter an threw windows out on lawn
Posted By: gregh

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/08/21 08:42 PM

Make sure they are home and put up a High Voltage fence 8 foot high around the yard.

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/09/21 01:47 AM

Hi Adam they have been there 7 years

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/09/21 02:19 AM

Get a lawyer asap. It won't be cheap but will get you in the process. For now, consult a landlord tenant lawyer. I'll look for my list I had written down.
Posted By: charles

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/09/21 02:29 AM

Do you have a clear title? Is this in an undivided estate? Are the squatters relatives of yours or a previous owner?
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/09/21 03:05 AM

WHY WOULD YOU LET SQUATTERS STAY THERE FOR 7 YEARS???? You have had 7 years to get them out ! They should have been gotten out in the 1st Month ! shocked
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/09/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2

WHY WOULD YOU LET SQUATTERS STAY THERE FOR 7 YEARS???? You have had 7 years to get them out ! They should have been gotten out in the 1st Month ! shocked

This, why in the world have you tolerated this long?
Must be more to the story such as inherited land and family members?
7 years is a long time without action being taken.
You sir are one patient man!
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/09/21 03:37 AM

I would not handle this well or properly so no advise here.

Re: How can I evict people off my property - 10/09/21 08:51 AM

whats the paul harvey version of this story? pretty clear now you have omitted some crucial details
© 2024 Trapperman Forums