Home

DIY Square Drop Camper Pod

Posted By: BKS

DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/08/21 05:08 PM

Has anyone ever built a camper “pod” that will slide in and out of a cargo trailer? I have a 16’ tandem axle trailer that I am thinking I could build one and still have room to haul my 4 wheeler if I wanted to. I would only use it 2-3 weeks a year so I don’t want the hassle of keeping another trailer around for that. My trailer has two 3500lb axles under it and pulls like a dream.

I would appreciate any ideas or experience.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/08/21 06:09 PM

some friends had a utility trailer they camped out of it worked well it was setup with a spare window near the front of the trailer a roof vent and they had a raised futon like bed he was very big she was very small so it worked

the back had a mosquito netting the doors could be left open

once all his sound equipment was out the short counter on the side swung across the back doors to make a kitchen space at the right height for standing at the back of the trailer the mosquito netting came down and they got good ventilation , want to close it up just close the back doors

a few windows and some cots and you could easily camp in a 16 foot trailer folding table , just take that stuff down move it to the front and pull your atv in and tie down

the windows install fairly easily you cut a hole and htey have a flange with caulk and a bunch of screws to pull the 2 sides together

https://www.recpro.com/rv-window-te...kYAjdsqy5Vh02vrL77P59SdT4vBoCI2QQAvD_BwE

then there isn't even anything extra to store

or are you saying your trailer is not an enclosed utility trailer ?
in that case a wall tent might make the most sense and just make a big weather tite box to haul it all
Posted By: Mark K

Re: DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/08/21 07:01 PM

Google home made campers and it will give you some ideas.

Re: DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/08/21 07:24 PM

It’s a flat bed cargo trailer.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/08/21 08:05 PM

Make it so it san slide on/off as needed.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/08/21 08:32 PM

Look up "campers made on boat trailers" for ideas

Re: DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/08/21 08:43 PM

Exactly my plan. I was hoping someone had done something similar here. I found a decent channel on YouTube where it was done.

Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: ack

Re: DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/09/21 12:36 AM

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/101-camper-makeover-inspiration-decoratoo--557601997610478896/
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: DIY Square Drop Camper Pod - 10/09/21 03:18 AM

Built this while back to slide into a pick up

Attached picture image.png
Attached picture image.png
© 2024 Trapperman Forums