Home

Cellphone signal boosters......

Posted By: J.Morse

Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 03:19 AM

.........I have horrible cell service here at my place. Like today, I have been booted off the WWW several times this evening on account of a weak cell signal. Anybody ever buy and install a home type booster? How well do they work. I'd love to have more than 1 or 2 bars!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 03:20 AM

Following
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 03:27 AM

There is no cell service where I live. We bought a booster from a local internet service provider and we now have perfect cell service in our house and most of our 5 acre property.

It works awesome!
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
There is no cell service where I live. We bought a booster from a local internet service provider and we now have perfect cell service in our house and most of our 5 acre property.

It works awesome!

What unit did you buy?

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 03:41 AM

This is what we have. Had it for about 6 years now. There might be better out there, I have no idea. All I know is it works and I’m happy.

[Linked Image]

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 03:48 AM

JP, what did it set you back?

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 04:02 AM

Oh man I can’t remember what it cost. All I know is whatever the cost was it was worth it.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 04:32 AM

Some cell providers have signal boosters for customers. I think tmobile charges $5 mo for their device
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 09:13 AM

My brother had the same problem. He put a booster on top of his TV antenna tower and it solved it. Don't know what he used though.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 09:58 AM

I had this problem at camp, [home] , I bought one from version , it when up outside under the eve, of the house and the other part went into the house ,work great , cost 400 , sold it with camp and it still works great ,
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 10:49 AM

I'm in a dead zone with Verizon. Years ago I called to complain and they sent me a network extender. It's basically a mini cell tower. It works together with my wifi router. I now get good cell service where before I got none. It works out to about 300 feet before the signal drops of.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
I'm in a dead zone with Verizon. Years ago I called to complain and they sent me a network extender. It's basically a mini cell tower. It works together with my wifi router. I now get good cell service where before I got none. It works out to about 300 feet before the signal drops of.

Did it also extend your Wifi ?
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 01:20 PM

Had 1 bar at the house, put up a booster from Radio Shack, 350.00. Works great, now have LTE and full bars, BUT, I have to be line of site of the unit.
Posted By: Twisted metal

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 02:11 PM

Weboost home. $549. But it works I have 2 of them one in my shop one in the house.

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 02:59 PM

Thanks for the input folks. The prices sure are all over the board on these things! I see some for well under $100. Anyone buy the cheapo models from, say, Walmart, etc.?
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Cellphone signal boosters...... - 10/09/21 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by YamaCat
Originally Posted by Lugnut

Did it also extend your Wifi ?

Yes
© 2024 Trapperman Forums