Home

Inflation

Posted By: coonman220

Inflation - 10/09/21 02:08 PM

Just shocked an astounded at Walmart shop last nite, price been up but continue rise, unbelievable prices on everthing an groceries just keep go up , is it go stop ever ? I am spend $50 to $80 week more than before not include bills which also tooken rate hikes , gas is in on the 50-80 week more expenditure , never was best Walmart for things in stock an lot shortages out stock items on everthing , no Haitians yet but can't figure out where all Latinos are come from in last month as Walmart swamped them at nite, the local Walmart is one place I don't feel comfortable without mask but haven't wore one there
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 03:00 PM

Good time to go on a diet.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 03:04 PM

Walmart sucks, Dave. Go somewhere else.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 03:40 PM

I think it's going to get pretty rough before it gets better. Propane is supposed to triple this winter and it's already up to almost $3/gal here. $9/gal for propane is hard for me to wrap my head around. Beef has nearly doubled here in the past 2 months. Chicken is also higher. It's definitely the year to put a few deer in the freezer, and maybe raise some meat chickens or rabbits.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 03:54 PM

Oh. You haven’t seen nothing yet. Shaping things up for a 3rd world country. Remember this is what people voted in. Sit back. Enjoy the ride

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Walmart sucks, Dave. Go somewhere else.

U are right !
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 04:40 PM

Remember all that stimulus money you were so happy to get. This is the price we pay.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 04:52 PM

I think it will get worse coonman.
Posted By: martyd

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 05:28 PM

Biden has not even been in office for a year and look what he has done to the USA. The only good thing that will come out of this ( if the USA can hang on long enough ) is that the voters will be begging Trump to be be president again. It needs to get so bad that there will be a movement to move the election up 6 months. When that happens you will know it’s over for Biden and the Demos. I hate to say in but the demos are getting what they deserve.
Let’s see how they can stand it the next 3 plus years. My family is in the oil business. They are laughing so hard at the people that voted for Biden. They have all told me if it continues they are going to have to vote for Biden.
One family member said he already has his Biden Xmas card all sealed up for him and wrote “ I want to thank you for the great job you have done for our economy , keep the good work “ . Man oh man. MD
Posted By: possum63

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 06:28 PM

Think that early retirement SS check your constantly talking about is enough?

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 06:33 PM

No it not enough, yes I think inflation keep get worse , it almost scary, u can't make enough at $20 he to survive if any sort payments, that what rember they say about binden bfore elections, that well bankrupt the country an I think lit that come up
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 06:34 PM

I was in line at the scrap yard on Monday, the guy behind was from a garage door installer, he said the suppliers doubled the price to them and told them expect it to double again next year. Nephew is in a can company and they have been told all the steel will double next year also. Price of steel scrap was not as high as back in June though?
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 07:11 PM

Just purchased all steel and trim for my off grid hunting cabin roof, and also a garage I am not building till next year. Price going up in two weeks. Coonman better learn how to grow a garden, cook and how peel potatoes...Don't buy prepared or microwave food...

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
No it not enough, yes I think inflation keep get worse , it almost scary, u can't make enough at $20 he to survive if any sort payments, that what rember they say about binden bfore elections, that well bankrupt the country an I think lit that come up

Single and no kids?

20 an hour should afford you most comforts of life. If it can't you need to reassess your spending
Posted By: charles

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 08:31 PM

Bad time to retire on fixed and reduced income.
Posted By: Sshaffer

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 09:29 PM

I live in a very poor county with many seniors on a fixed low income.
I look at the prices and wonder how they can survive this.
Posted By: Dan Barnhurst

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 10:10 PM

It's time to just cave in to the Marxists. Quit your job. Get that free government money and food stamps and rave about the rich folks not paying their share.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 10:14 PM

People live beyond their means.
I am an old age pensioner and have way more money than I need because I live the bush life,not the hollywood life.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 10:28 PM

A good air compressor is the best for helping the inflation. Just make sure you check the recommendations on what is the proper pressure for inflation.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Inflation - 10/09/21 11:45 PM

LETS GO BRANDON!
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
People live beyond their means.
I am an old age pensioner and have way more money than I need because I live the bush life,not the hollywood life.

Is that your way of saying you're cheap?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Marty B
LETS GO BRANDON!

X2
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 05:10 AM

I hear these reports on the news of items going up in price as high as 5%.I am not sure where they get their math from but maybe the press and government are using the same math they used when they counted votes.
Posted By: lobo

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 12:25 PM

I retired in 2019. It was working well until Biden took over. I've since gone back to work part time where I retired from. The pay is good and I'm welcome to work as much as I want or as little as I want.

I worked 5 months this year and that matched what I made on social security for the Year. Will take the winter off and probably work the same amount next year.

Coonman, you can draw social security and still make a decent amount working part time with no penalty.

At 65 I can make 18,960 before any penalty. And I get most the money back that I pay into federal taxes when I file
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 12:39 PM

They want us Dependant
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Marty B
LETS GO BRANDON!

This!
But at least there aren't any mean tweets
whistle

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by lobo
I retired in 2019. It was working well until Biden took over. I've since gone back to work part time where I retired from. The pay is good and I'm welcome to work as much as I want or as little as I want.

I worked 5 months this year and that matched what I made on social security for the Year. Will take the winter off and probably work the same amount next year.

Coonman, you can draw social security and still make a decent amount working part time with no penalty.

At 65 I can make 18,960 before any penalty. And I get most the money back that I pay into federal taxes when I file

That right the figures as I have tooken notes from call them but when if get old enough an no longer work, not good
Posted By: hippie

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by lobo

That right the figures as I have tooken notes from call them but when if get old enough an no longer work, not good

What about AFTER YOU CANT WORK due to age, health or ya just don't want to work at 75? Glad to see your thinking about this Coonman!!!

Better have enough coming in without working because that day will come.

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 08:29 PM

Of course I know that , at age 66, ur still not go make enough to live off ss, so I don't know what go do, early retire is still very attractive an keep work some, there still jobs could do at 70, if ur around , I don't think lit more ss at 65, less then $300 more I believe
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 08:35 PM

There's someone about race every time crazy laugh

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 09:01 PM

Of course I know that , at age 66, ur still not go make enough to live off ss, so I don't know what go do, early retire is still very attractive an keep work some, there still jobs could do at 70, if ur around , I don't think lit more ss at 65, less then $300 more I believe

Coonman if you really really knew that as you put it you would give up the silly notion of retiring before your full age. Also you would go out and get decent full time job. Five years of working a full time $20 an hour job would increase your ss.

At your age your house should be paid for, decent trapping vehicle and a little cushion for life's surprises.

Come to think of it, you should work full time a couple years after your full retirement age. Draw your ss and wages double dip so to speak and save up some rainy day money
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Inflation - 10/10/21 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
There's someone about race every time crazy laugh

If someone is being racist call them out. I think you'll receive alot of support on here.

Re: Inflation - 10/11/21 01:05 AM

Ya I look up, maybe about 250 a mo. More if wait a few yrs retire on ss, at best, ss is not much
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Inflation - 10/11/21 01:35 AM

Play the race card.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums