Home

Dr. Pol

Posted By: Bob Jameson

Dr. Pol - 10/10/21 03:52 PM

Was watching some episodes in the shop while working yesterday and saw him show a DP trap and how it works to the camera crew.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/10/21 07:06 PM

He drives modern vets crazy with his old school methods, lol, yet they still work...
grin
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/10/21 08:12 PM

Dr.Pol is well known a couple counties south of me. I'd say he was an old fashioned country vet. Nowadays the vast majority of vets are "poodle doctors" and would very rarely have anything to do with farm animals except horses. I have never met the guy, but he seems to be a real charactor. I know he has an extremely masculine first name, so he must be cool as heck.
Posted By: MTHunter

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/11/21 01:08 AM

Go to Dr. Pol and pay $300 for a dental on your dog. Go to the new guy and pay $1,000 for the same dental!

Call around.
Posted By: ccoyote

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/11/21 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by MTHunter
Go to Dr. Pol and pay $300 for a dental on your dog. Go to the new guy and pay $1,000 for the same dental!

Call around.

Are his dentals actually that cheap? I've always figured his clinic was expensive with all his publicity.

He's seems like a neat guy one of my coworkers many yrs ago interviewed with him prior to his show. unfortunately other vets are his worst enemy when they dont agree with his methods.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/11/21 01:55 AM

I find myself in disagreement with him fairly often. One thing I hate is when someone brings in a nasty chicken with a snotty beak and big ole swollen eyes. Whack that thing and get it out of your flock.
Posted By: bbasher

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/11/21 02:19 AM

There are guys on here that pay for dentals?! Drive to MT and I have a place with much lower cost than $1000.

You probably don't want an 80 year old guy working on poopsie. Lots of new medicine in the last century
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/11/21 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by bbasher
There are guys on here that pay for dentals?! Drive to MT and I have a place with much lower cost than $1000.

You probably don't want an 80 year old guy working on poopsie. Lots of new medicine in the last century

I know right?
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/11/21 12:52 PM

We have an old country vet like that and I love him. Dread the day he retires or passes away.
Posted By: Seldom

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/11/21 01:22 PM

Over the years that I’ve watched his show I’ve seen a handful of my trapping property owners on the show along with at least a half dozen or more of former workmates. Every one that I’ve spoken with has told me that the Doc off-camera is exactly as he appears on the series and the other Vets that work for him are as well.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Dr. Pol - 10/11/21 07:51 PM

I think my wife and I have seen every episode of his. We were disappointed when Dr. Emily left the show. Her and Brenda were Doc's best vets and seemed sharper than the ones with him now.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums