Home

What meat lookin like for y'all ?

Posted By: Wolfdog91

What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/10/21 08:37 PM

[Linked Image]
Its cheap at the smaller stores but noticed prices are rising a little here
Posted By: rags57078

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/10/21 09:39 PM

Prices are going up , I have never tried wild hog but instead of paying high prices for pork I would be eating those
Posted By: imissed

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/10/21 09:41 PM

Way outta hand!

$4-$5 a lb. hamburger.

Cheapest steak $10+ a lb.

Whole chicken 3#-4# $8.

Pork going up too.

Told the old lady I might have to start bowhunting again to put some cheap meat in the freezer.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/10/21 09:54 PM

hey were just getting to road kill season , well the season where you can keep it easily
Posted By: run

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/10/21 09:55 PM

I'm hoping poultry will go up.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/10/21 10:12 PM

[Linked Image]

I went shopping last week lol
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/11/21 03:32 AM

My Bride sent me to the store to get a roasting type chicken. The dang thing was $6.00! I didn't buy it....instead, I stopped at a mom and pop place near home and got one of theirs already baked for $8.00, and I didn't even have to turn on the oven.
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/11/21 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
My Bride sent me to the store to get a roasting type chicken. The dang thing was $6.00! I didn't buy it....instead, I stopped at a mom and pop place near home and got one of theirs already baked for $8.00, and I didn't even have to turn on the oven.

Money well spent.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 03:50 AM

Waiting on fresh hog now best pork around easy to trim off the fat when your eating it’s not that marbled in the meat junk some lockers sell.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 04:29 AM

The packers are making money hand over fist. We are definitely not! I have no clue where this ends but it’s not good. Kinda like $6 corn bad all the way around
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 07:00 AM

I bought a freezer full of beef at the local custom processor awhile back. About a 6 week wait. Was let to hang for a couple weeks. Better flavor and lots cheaper. Just have to buy it all at once. Seen bacon ends at the grocery store. 8 bucks for three pounds. I bought 8 packages. It comes in a vacuum bag. Tossed them in the freezer. They had a couple more but wife said I had to leave some for somebody else. 10 pound bag of leg quarters chicken is still under 6 bucks. We buy a whole pork loin and cut it into chops or a pork shoulder (butt) and cut the boneless side into steaks and bone out and grind the rest to make sausage.

If your careful you can still buy your meat without a second mortgage

I think inflation will get lots worse. Doesn’t look like congress is going to quit creating more money anytime soon
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 08:58 AM

Last nite local Sav-a-lot had pork chops $1.69/lb
Eating a lot of venison lately but pork here has been very reasonable
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 10:38 AM

Your wisdom is admirable.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 11:15 AM

Beef steaks at the local Piggly Wiggly were roughly $10-14/lb
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 11:15 AM

Shipping two beef Next week. We keep a half, sell the rest. $4.00 a pound for qtr. or half. Crazy what processing is costing. Have a whole hog coming in two weeks $2.00 a lb plus processing from a student of mine. One deer in the freezer, two does to be added yet. Will have to buy chicken. Were good for the year.
Posted By: mask bandit

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 12:38 PM

My son won a 1/4 of a beef not to long ago at work . The company he works for bought a beef cow that won at the fair and they had it processed and the put everybody's name in a hat a drew his name . He didn't know until his foreman gave him the paper that he won .
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 12:52 PM

Now after you picked all the meat off did you put the bones and fat in a pot cooking it down and make some broth and can it? Most throw it away without realizing how great a broth they are throwing out. But you do have to turn on the stove or crock pot.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 01:03 PM

Time to get the fishing pool out!
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 01:13 PM

No worries here, I'm using last years bullets and lures. Lots game and fish.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 02:15 PM

Freezer full of salmon and Bear now.
Trying to make room for deer.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 02:52 PM

I never buy meat at the grocery store, got a 1/2 beef and a whole hog at the butcher right now. Works out to be a lot cheaper and better in the long run if you got the cash up front
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 03:19 PM

Wolf figure out what time they put out the marked down need to sale fast meat. Our local store tends to get it remarked or packaged and on the shelf about 9:30 or 10 am everyday. Mondays are the best as they cut extra for the weekend and you never know what you'll find.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: What meat lookin like for y'all ? - 10/12/21 03:36 PM

Freezers are full of moose, deer, and walleye. Also have homegrown chicken and beef. Pigs won't be ready until spring. I'm going mule deer shopping Friday. Its not the cheapest option but it sure is fun.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums