Home

I watched a young man die today...

Posted By: Kre

I watched a young man die today... - 10/10/21 11:41 PM

I went out to wash windows after the game today. I live on a rural road...35 mph speed limit.

It's a bit curvy, and I heard a truck coming...stomping on the gas after each corner. I'm off the road a bit but I turned to look to see who it was. I couldn't tell who it was, but I immediately heard a crash.

I put the dogs in and ran out to see if I could help. The driver side hit a large oak tree and basically disintegrated that side of the truck. I wanted to help this poor, young man...but there wasn't anything I could do.

His girlfriend/wife was fine. Well, she wasn't hurt anyhow. I went around and helped her get out and got her away from the truck, where a couple of the neighbor ladies took over.

I went back again to see if I could help...but I was powerless. I'm not a religious person, but I just asked to Lord to please help this man and I suppose that he did just that.

So yea...that was my day today.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/10/21 11:44 PM

Tough thing to see.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/10/21 11:45 PM

Terrible Kre.
Good on you for helping that poor woman.
Prayers for all involved including you.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/10/21 11:47 PM

I feel for your encounter. Prayers for the young mans family and glad the girl was not physically hurt
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/10/21 11:50 PM

Dang, what an awful thing.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/10/21 11:50 PM

Prayers for the family and you guys that helped at the scene!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/10/21 11:54 PM

Man, that's awful.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 12:00 AM

But for the grace of God go I. Many of us were lucky to live through it. This young man didn't. Happens far too often.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 12:17 AM

Sorry you had to go through that.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 12:25 AM

I was in an accident like that as teenager completely my fault just a kid hot roddin with my buddy we hit a power pole going well over a hundred. By a some miracle we both walked away with just a couple of scratches. Ever since that day I've been accused of driving like a grandpa but I'm ok with that. Sad to lose young folks or anyone that way
Posted By: Marty

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 12:38 AM

unfortunately many people are in too much of a hurry when they are driving....so sad that the young man will never get to where he was going.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 12:39 AM

Dang it man, that’s tough.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 12:46 AM

Sorry you had to go through that. Praying for all involved
Posted By: adam m

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Prayers for the family and you guys that helped at the scene!

X2
Posted By: adam m

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wild_WI
I was in an accident like that as teenager completely my fault just a kid hot roddin with my buddy we hit a power pole going well over a hundred. By a some miracle we both walked away with just a couple of scratches. Ever since that day I've been accused of driving like a grandpa but I'm ok with that. Sad to lose young folks or anyone that way

You guys were lucky for sure.
Had a good buddy wrap his dad's Ferrari around a telephone pole. His dad sent him to military school. He came back decided to ride his 4 wheeler while beyond wasted hit a tree and died.
Posted By: panaxman

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 01:52 AM

Tough deal. I went through a similar experience. A guy crossed over the double yellow line on a turn and hit a tri-axel full of stone. Poor guy was stuck in the SUV steering wheel on his chest like a vise. He was alive for a few minutes, spoke briefly to him and got some responses to get him to hang on....we were powerless too.
Posted By: DavidInMT

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 02:48 AM

Thank you for being there with him and praying for him. Praying for you and all those that have to go through this tough time right now.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 03:34 AM

Hoping you're okay, Kre. That is a very tough thing to go through for all involved.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 11:34 AM

Sent with prayers for you and the family.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 01:43 PM

Kre -

You stated you were not a religious man - but yet you knew who to turn to........I pray God continues to grow your faith. May you learn the Lord allows things in this life to get others attention. I pray God reveals more to you daily and you learn to grow your relationship with your creator. He is always there for us, with open arms, wanting to pour out His love upon us. Allow Him to enter and change your life. I will never be able to thank Jesus enough for what He has done for me and changing my life.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: I watched a young man die today... - 10/11/21 02:08 PM

I've never watched someone die from trauma. The suddenness of it and its violence I'm sure is way different than watching someone die in a hospital bed. I'm sorry you had to go through it and I'm praying for that family. I think TreedaBlackdog has some wise words. Sometimes we are put in that place and time for a reason. Take care...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums