Home

KC Chiefs taking a beating

Posted By: Nessmuck

KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 03:46 AM

Mahomie taking it on the chin..AT Home ! Buffalo putting the wood to em !
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 03:48 AM

What was with the rain delay ? Never heard of that during a Football game...

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
What was with the rain delay ? Never heard of that during a Football game...

Threat of lightning
Posted By: PFC Davis

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:07 AM

At least it wasn't like a 5 hour delay or something like a Miami dolphins game

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:19 AM

I think that thumping that Tom Brady and the Bucs gave Mahomes in last years Super Bowl …gave the rest of the league a book on how to whoop em.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 12:41 PM

I believe your right Nessy. It’s collusion I say!!! The rest of the football league has got to gather and come up with a plan to whoop up on the Mahomies.
eek Got to have something that resemble’s a Defense to win games.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 02:31 PM

Even the offense stunk.
I did have to laugh at the "who is the quarterback play."
just
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 02:41 PM

What mahomey not as good as Tom Brady ? People acted like he was the love child of brady and Aaron rogers. He had one good season with some luck along the way. He's a spoiled punk that looks awful. Yes the defense was bad but they got worn out going back on the field so soon because punky mahomey kept turning the ball over !!! Think hes up to 6 int so far , the same he had the entire season last year . Chiefs are DEAD LAST in turn overs, oh my bad tied with the WINLESS jaguars !!
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 03:03 PM

Yep, we suck!

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
What mahomey not as good as Tom Brady ? People acted like he was the love child of brady and Aaron rogers. He had one good season with some luck along the way. He's a spoiled punk that looks awful. Yes the defense was bad but they got worn out going back on the field so soon because punky mahomey kept turning the ball over !!! Think hes up to 6 int so far , the same he had the entire season last year . Chiefs are DEAD LAST in turn overs, oh my bad tied with the WINLESS jaguars !!

What’s your point?
Posted By: corky

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 03:16 PM

I thought the Packers defense stinks but KC is on pace to be the worst in history:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...7-1-yards-per-play-worst-in-nfl-history/
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:00 PM

Has Andy worn out his welcome?
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by corky
I thought the Packers defense stinks but KC is on pace to be the worst in history:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...7-1-yards-per-play-worst-in-nfl-history/

I never notice the Chiefs had a defense, I just saw 11 guys standing around watching Buffalo score.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:05 PM

Bingo grin
Posted By: hippie

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:14 PM

Mahomes does things Brady wishes he could do.
Posted By: larrywaugh

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:20 PM

Brady has done things mahomes wishes he could do. Like win 7 superbowls.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:22 PM

The bucaneers showed the nfl that if you control tyreek hill the chiefs are beatable.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
I think that thumping that Tom Brady and the Bucs gave Mahomes in last years Super Bowl …gave the rest of the league a book on how to whoop em.

Mahomes was running for his life in last year's super bowl. He took a pounding. This year he seems pretty gun shy probably as a result.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by larrywaugh

Now your talking what the team he (Brady) was on did, some of which would've been better off without him.

Mahomes is rewriting all the QB records.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Now your talking what the team he (Brady) was on did, some of which would've been better off without him.

What records? Passing touch downs? NOPE passing yards? NOPE. Completions? NOPE Whats left for a QB wins? NOT EVEN close. Super bowls? Mahomey won't even make it to as many as Brady has won !! You drank the koolaid didn't you!!

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 04:55 PM

How's new England doing without that washed up QB Brady ?? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 05:04 PM

Guess you don't know what you think you know Jbird.

They listed 5 like fastest to 50 tds. Ect

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 05:07 PM

Here, a couple years old so I'm sure he broke some more, and will continue to do so.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/201...asser-rating-300-yards-through-25-games/

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 05:16 PM

Brady didn't have tyreek hill the most dangerous man in the NFL

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 05:20 PM

Kinda like saying Walter Payton and Barry Sanders weren't good running backs because of their teams records.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 06:20 PM

LOL LOL So which one if any of those records matter. You think those different stats have been kept for ever. Like most curve balls thrown for strikes or most fairways hit off the tee in golf , So what.
He;s also thrown 32 int in 52 games.
But he's the state farm boy wonder so of course they are going to manufacture a stat to give him a record. Wonder who threw the most thru their first 3 games? 10 games? 15 games? See those number don't mean squat . Yes he's got 1 champ. Cudos for that .

Mahomey is so good he isn't on this list . I may have missed his name somewhere.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/09/nfl-100-best-quarterbacks

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 06:27 PM

Without a good offensive line, a QB isn't that great. We are saw that with KC and Mahomes against the Bucs. There are some QBs that are very smart and savvy. Rodgers and Brady are two. I don't think Mahomes has that smart and savvy yet, but he will if he doesn't get injured.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Without a good offensive line, a QB isn't that great. We are saw that with KC and Mahomes against the Bucs. There are some QBs that are very smart and savvy. Rodgers and Brady are two. I don't think Mahomes has that smart and savvy yet, but he will if he doesn't get injured.

Brady ..and Rodgers .....fixed it for yah
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 07:00 PM

Lot of season left. It ain't over yet.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 07:23 PM

Brady ..and Rodgers .....fixed it for yah

Doesn't matter. Either way both are headed for the Hall of Fame. Mahomes has the same potential if he can stay healthy. Problem with him is he tries to do too much on his own. Rodgers and Brady know better. Right now that's where the difference lies.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 07:39 PM

Mahomey should put a muzzle on his girl and brother. Help some without those two distractions.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 08:25 PM

Tell me why ...one ring Rodgers makes it to the Hall of Fame ? I don’t get it......am I missing something ? He can carry Brady’s luggage. Just like Joe Namath is in the Hall with one ring....maybe Broadway Joe needs some company.....

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 08:30 PM

Some trivia I found interesting about that game.

After 3 full seasons, that was Mahomes first double digit loss.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 08:31 PM

Tell me why ...one ring Rodgers makes it to the Hall of Fame ? I don’t get it......am I missing something ? He can carry Brady’s luggage. Just like Joe Namath is in the Hall with one ring....maybe Broadway Joe needs some company.....

Shouldn't let Brady in either. Should be like baseball and not let CHEATERS in. To me, same class as steroid users.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 08:39 PM

There's more to making the Hall of Fame than a ring. That's like saying someone should make the baseball Hall of Fame because he hit a certain number of home runs. It has to do with a number of accomplishment besides winning super bowls.
I don't care for the arrogant Aaron Rodgers as a person. Tom Brady comes across as more of a gentleman by far. When it comes to football smarts, they are on a pretty level playing field. Both deserve and will make the football Hall of Fame one day.
Posted By: washxc

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 09:01 PM

Go bills!
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by washxc
Go bills!

X2
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 09:13 PM

The hall of fame is a joke anyway. It's so watered down now.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 09:23 PM

There's more to making the Hall of Fame than a ring. That's like saying someone should make the baseball Hall of Fame because he hit a certain number of home runs. It has to do with a number of accomplishment besides winning super bowls.
I don't care for the arrogant Aaron Rodgers as a person. Tom Brady comes across as more of a gentleman by far. When it comes to football smarts, they are on a pretty level playing field. Both deserve and will make the football Hall of Fame one day.

I hope Brady spanks Rodgers again ...on his way to his back to back Super Bowl wins. You don’t see players saying ...” I want to play with Rodgers ,so I can win a ring ....lol

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 09:44 PM

I don't think Rodgers is that arrogant. I think his haters just think he is. The Packers have done a poor job of keeping and getting talent around him. Super bowls are won by the team, not just one players. Eli Manning beat Brady in two Super bowls. What does that say?

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
I don't think Rodgers is that arrogant. I think his haters just think he is. The Packers have done a poor job of keeping and getting talent around him. Super bowls are won by the team, not just one players. Eli Manning beat Brady in two Super bowls. What does that say?

That says he’s better than Rodgers....lol
Posted By: bblwi

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 10:01 PM

There are several top ranked QBs that never won a super bowl or league championship, so having a QB with a ring or two with good stats is not a stretch.

Bryce

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
There are several top ranked QBs that never won a super bowl or league championship, so having a QB with a ring or two with good stats is not a stretch.

Bryce

Dan Marino comes to mind.....but heard he was miserable to play with.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 10:19 PM

That says he’s better than Rodgers....lol

You're a funny guy, but that's not true.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 10:30 PM

Several in the HOF with no championships.

Bryce

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 10:53 PM

Jim Kelly probably.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/11/21 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by bankrunner

Shouldn't let Brady in either. Should be like baseball and not let CHEATERS in. To me, same class as steroid users.

Get over it ! A football having 2 lbs of air too little in it doesn't make him more accurate. PLUS it was caught at halftime. If I remember right new England out scored the colts 24 -0 in the second half. Heck colts should have given the lower inflated balls back to brady he didn't score that many with the illegal balls. LOL
What happened the next year when he came back from his suspension. SUPER BOWL RING BABY !!!!!!!
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 12:12 AM

Get over it ! A football having 2 lbs of air too little in it doesn't make him more accurate. PLUS it was caught at halftime. If I remember right new England out scored the colts 24 -0 in the second half. Heck colts should have given the lower inflated balls back to brady he didn't score that many with the illegal balls. LOL
What happened the next year when he came back from his suspension. SUPER BOWL RING BABY !!!!!!!

Just think how good he would be if he played for a SEC team instead of the Big 10.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 02:27 PM

LOL LOL So which one if any of those records matter. You think those different stats have been kept for ever. Like most curve balls thrown for strikes or most fairways hit off the tee in golf , So what.
He;s also thrown 32 int in 52 games.
But he's the state farm boy wonder so of course they are going to manufacture a stat to give him a record. Wonder who threw the most thru their first 3 games? 10 games? 15 games? See those number don't mean squat . Yes he's got 1 champ. Cudos for that .

Mahomey is so good he isn't on this list . I may have missed his name somewhere.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/09/nfl-100-best-quarterbacks

I'm surprised he didn't make that list, even since he had only played one year when it was written. He took them to the AFC Championship that first year too, and it took Brady OT to beat him.

His next two years he went to the superbowl, winning 1......not bad for a 3 year career so far. Good thing your not a talent scout. Lololololololololl

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 02:37 PM

So I guess nick foles is as good as mahomey ? Got just as many rings Just as many nfl records.3 years ? He came into the league in 2017 2018 ,2019, 2020 In Ky math that's 4 plus this years games.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 02:44 PM

Hippie here's a more recent list . Nope mahomey still not on it . Even with all his meaningless records and 1 ring . Don't get me wrong he is a great player and will have tons of victories. But as you pointed out he's just into the league and the question that will make him great is can he adjust after teams figure out how to beat him.

https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/g...4--brett-favre-ckraz8vbd00333g6z7mdxlig8

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 02:49 PM

3 years starting, all three to title game winning 2, beat in OT the other, 2 Superbowl appearances, 1 win.

In those 3 seasons, only beat by double digits Once, in last years superbowl.

But carry on.

whistle

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 03:06 PM

Having too little air in the football had nothing to do with Brady's accuracy. Less air supposedly made it easier for the receivers to hang onto.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 03:10 PM

Having too little air in the football had nothing to do with Brady's accuracy. Less air supposedly made it easier for the receivers to hang onto.

Taping other teams to steal signals.....twice......50,000 fines.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 03:15 PM

Oh, he's arrogant all right. Didn't you ever hear what he said when he was drafted by the Packers and not SF, which was the team he made it clear he expected to be drafted by?

He was asked by a reporter if he was disappointed that he wasn't picked by SF?
He answered, "Not as disappointed as they're going to be for not picking me."
He been pretty arrogant in some of his interviews too.

He's like President Trump, a jerk, but really knows how to get the job done.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 04:40 PM

Not brady . You guys think new England was only team to do that or just ones got caught.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88

What’s your point?

Apparently jailbird is a pro himself and could do much better.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 05:06 PM

Didn't both teams play with the same underinflated ball? That makes them both cheaters.
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 06:08 PM

Why is Terry Bradshaw, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts??

Like Tom is the only guy on any team he played on. Bucs D got them to the bowl last year and yes won it too. There are 52 other players that make a team. By Ring logic then the 3 guys with 5 rings and were never a starter should all be Hall of famers too.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ToTheWoods

Like Tom is the only guy on any team he played on. Bucs D got them to the bowl last year and yes won it too. There are 52 other players that make a team. By Ring logic then the 3 guys with 5 rings and were never a starter should all be Hall of famers too.

Bradshaw has 4 rings nuff said.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Didn't both teams play with the same underinflated ball? That makes them both cheaters.

No each team supplies their balls. They are checked before and during the game. Of course the 28 degrees didn't cause the ball to loose pressure . You know like your tires in winter ?

Who's jail bird? Half the league ? LOL

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 06:44 PM

How old are you anyways ? Why is Bradshaw’s name with those other 2 losers ? A real good quarterback will set the example of greatness and then the rest of the team buys in. Leaders lead ...and make others around them better. Tom Brady makes the whole team better...offense and defense.....they like playing for this guy. After you collect your 3rd Super Bowl ring.....the word “ Luck “ is no longah accepted.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 06:54 PM

That wasn't Brady, though. That was Belichick who was doing that.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 06:57 PM

Yes very few teams can bring EVERY starter back unless the quarter back is good AND likable. Some guys lost money resigning to play with brady. Gronk left his moms basement to play haven't you seen the commercials ?

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 07:04 PM

Your premise with the comment was that a player with one Super Bowl win shouldn't be a Hall of Famer. Tom is/was a great quarterback and may be a great leader but with Tampa he walked into a team that was already great they just needed a better than average qb to get them over the top.

Again the Tampa D won them the championship game and the Super Bowl not the Mr. Brady. And there will always be an asterisk next to his name when it comes to Super Bowl wins when you or the team you play for gets caught cheating time and again.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 07:11 PM

Brady makes the whole team better, offense and defense. That's true, but the same applies to Rodgers and the Packers. When Rodgers got his collarbone broken by the Vikings Barr, Rodgers missed almost the entire season and the Packers finished poorly that year.

There are so many names in the Hall of Fame I've never even heard of. It seems it doesn't take a whole lot of accomplishments to get inducted into it. Brady & Rodgers have so much more in the way of achievements over some of the players that made it, to say either of these two QBs shouldn't be inducted is ridiculous.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 07:44 PM

Brady makes the whole team better, offense and defense. That's true, but the same applies to Rodgers and the Packers. When Rodgers got his collarbone broken by the Vikings Barr, Rodgers missed almost the entire season and the Packers finished poorly that year.

There are so many names in the Hall of Fame I've never even heard of. It seems it doesn't take a whole lot of accomplishments to get inducted into it. Brady & Rodgers have so much more in the way of achievements over some of the players that made it, to say either of these two QBs shouldn't be inducted is ridiculous.

Something to keep in minds is the era that they played and the numbers and accomplishments compared to that time. Bart Starr won 7 championships in an era that was much tougher time to play the game. There were no rules to protect or quarterback or anyone else for that matter. There are many greats from that era that have a third of the passing yards and Super Bowls of a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers but were every bit as great if not greater.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 08:02 PM

Your premise with the comment was that a player with one Super Bowl win shouldn't be a Hall of Famer. Tom is/was a great quarterback and may be a great leader but with Tampa he walked into a team that was already great they just needed a better than average qb to get them over the top.

Again the Tampa D won them the championship game and the Super Bowl not the Mr. Brady. And there will always be an asterisk next to his name when it comes to Super Bowl wins when you or the team you play for gets caught cheating time and again.

Ok how many of the 31 points tampa scored did the defense score ? Brady had 3 yes THREE touchdown passes. Not the defense !!! Yes held boy blunder to 3 field goals OH wait he didn't even score the kicker did. LOL LOL LOL

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 08:03 PM

Something to keep in minds is the era that they played and the numbers and accomplishments compared to that time. Bart Starr won 7 championships in an era that was much tougher time to play the game. There were no rules to protect or quarterback or anyone else for that matter. There are many greats from that era that have a third of the passing yards and Super Bowls of a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers but were every bit as great if not greater.

Yea but how many teams were there PLUS 4-5 less games to win it.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 08:39 PM

Did everyone play the same amount of games and have the same opportunity to win?? Plus there were a lot of teams that are no longer as well. Maybe I am missing the point of the question.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 09:31 PM

Someone please school me....as to WHY ...Rodgers is in the same AIR as Brady ? Have you noticed more Brady commercials....more love by the 1/2 time pundits thrown Brady’s way,since he left New England . This Brady/ Rodgers thing ...is just that..a.made up story line.

Question....You have just one game to win...for all the Marbles, Who are you taking as QB ? ...Marino..Elway...P.Manning...Stabler..Bradshaw, Warner , Fran Tarkington, Jim Kelly, Roman Gabriel, Farve , Tony Romo...lol...or Joe Namath..Sonny Jergonsen, Montana, Greise, ....name your own. You know who I’d take

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 09:34 PM

Plus Brady have a perfect regular season too...(16) games......but that gets lost in the shuffle. But if Rodgers had that stat...OH MY !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/12/21 11:22 PM

Every team but the Patriots are to blame. Brady's cheating arse should of been cheap shotted and broken many years ago. lol
Posted By: eric space

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 12:10 AM

I thought this thread was about Josh Allen and The Bills kicking the tar out of the KC Chiefs.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 12:44 AM

Guys get defensive when you say Mahomes is good and then they bring Brady into the picture.

(I touched them off saying Mahomes does things Brady wishes to do grin)

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 01:56 PM

Not to mention grip the ball to throw it in inclement weather. I could always throw a better ball with less air pressure.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by eric space
I thought this thread was about Josh Allen and The Bills kicking the tar out of the KC Chiefs.

It was !…..then it went sideways…lol

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 02:31 PM

Who's Josh Allen?

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 03:29 PM

Who's Josh Allen?

The next Tom Brady !!!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 03:30 PM

He is the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. Played college football for the University of Wyoming.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by eric space

Yup Allen vrs Mahomet
Allen wins this round

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 04:09 PM

As much as it makes me throw up in my mouth, there won't be another Tom Brady!

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 04:13 PM

I think Mahomes spends more time being woke, than trying to beat the latest "scheme" meant to slow him down!

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 04:36 PM

Question for the guys like me that grew up watching guys like Stabler, Bradshaw, Foutz, Staubach, for you Nessy, Plunket.

How do you think the skirt wearers of today would've done what they're doing now, if when they got knocked out like those above, they carried them to the sidelines and waved smelling salts under their nose and sent them back in? got hit under the chin with the top of a helmet and chin layer open. No throwing the ball at the last second and the defenders turning inside out to avoid planting them.

Think they'd have half the records they have?

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 04:43 PM

Question for the guys like me that grew up watching guys like Stabler, Bradshaw, Foutz, Staubach, for you Nessy, Plunket.

How do you think the skirt wearers of today would've done what they're doing now, if when they got knocked out like those above, they carried them to the sidelines and waved smelling salts under their nose and sent them back in? got hit under the chin with the top of a helmet and chin layer open. No throwing the ball at the last second and the defenders turning inside out to avoid planting them.

Think they'd have half the records they have?

That's a good question. How about the best scrambling QB ever, Fran Tarkenton? If they could ever catch him! I remember once he got horse-collared. No penalty was called. Today, a defensive lineman would be thrown out of the game and face fines and suspension.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 05:47 PM

Yep Trapper7, that's what I'm referring to. Back when men played the game.

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 06:28 PM

Yes the game was more about hitting and with less padding and better quality protective gear, but they played fewer games also. Wonder how many yards Jim Brown would have had if he played 16 game seasons when he was running? Tarkington is one of the QBs in the HOF that never won a super bowl. When Bill Walsch's west coast offense became the norm, the game changed and has continued to change since. Not saying better or worse but the game is different and with more pass plays there are more opportunities for big hits on receivers and QBS as there are more blitzes and hits on QBs. The players are also faster and bigger.

Bryce

Re: KC Chiefs taking a beating - 10/13/21 06:39 PM

There always has been and always will be some great young athletes that are overlooked and simply never get picked up. Danny Woodhead, who played behind Tom Brady, scored the first TD in a Superbowl yet played football at Chadron State in NE, a Division 2 college. He played a few years of NFL and retired a millionaire.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums