Home

Michigan guys help !

Posted By: Nessmuck

Michigan guys help ! - 10/11/21 06:52 PM

[Linked Image]

Was gifted an old antique ice fishing trap today....says Arnold Tackle Corp.....Paw Paw Michigan. Anyone know of this place ....any idea how old this trap could be ? Thanks Ness

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/11/21 06:52 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/11/21 07:57 PM

Says 1973 on the info page.
Posted By: midlander

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/11/21 10:37 PM

Always interesting to hear the different geographic terminology for items. Nobody in Michigan would know what an ice fishing 'trap' was...and Im guessing you dont call them tip-ups in your neck of the woods. Cool find.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/11/21 10:46 PM

I have quite a collection of old ice fishing.....tip-ups...but not that one. grin

Moosetrot

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/11/21 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by midlander
Always interesting to hear the different geographic terminology for items. Nobody in Michigan would know what an ice fishing 'trap' was...and Im guessing you dont call them tip-ups in your neck of the woods. Cool find.

Yup….use both terms

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/11/21 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
I have quite a collection of old ice fishing.....tip-ups...but not that one. grin

Moosetrot

Hey Moosy …..can you leave them to me in your Will …?
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/11/21 11:45 PM

Kalamazoo is just east of Paw Paw , so It's not too uncommon to find there stuff.
But sorry no info for you on the company.

Tip - Up if you search much in my area.
LOL
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/12/21 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Originally Posted by Moosetrot

Moosetrot

Hey Moosy …..can you leave them to me in your Will …?

You will probably want my collection of antique pocket watch compasses, duck decoys, Coleman lanterns, and all the other flotsam and jetsam I have hanging around here too, eh? grin

Moosetrot
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/12/21 12:22 AM

Lots of Cottage tackle makers around Paw Paw, Dowagiac also. Well honestly all over Michigan, and around Saginaw Bay and any great fishing area in the Great Lake State. Some great collectable gear was made years ago by guys in a home garage, and still is.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/12/21 12:31 AM

https://michianaoutdoorsnews.com/fi...-a-look-back-at-the-paw-paw-bait-company
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Michigan guys help ! - 10/12/21 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by midlander

What do you expect from a fella who, when he goes into town, drinks from a bubbla. smile
He's got a ton of those alternative terms. I find them entertaining.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums