Home

Pulled the trigger today

Posted By: jbyrd63

Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:10 PM

Well I became a farmer today ,, Well sort of . Bought 35 acres of which 20 or so is fescue and red ear clover. Rest hardwoods. Timber appraised for 15,000 but I won't ever cut it unless illness falls my wife or me. Got ford 3000 series tractor , plows, disc. hay rake, hay forks, 3 hay rings, brand new bush hog, post hole digger, 16 ft hay wagon rebuilt 3 years ago. 40-60 barn that has a loft. around 4,000 board feet of rough cut oak(left over from building the barn built smaller). 5 strand barb wire around entire fields.800 cc American landstar 4 wheel drive with winch on front side by side with 13.6 hrs on it. Barn has city water ran to it . Perfect spot for a cabin !!
Probly going to crop the fields next year since down the road is 180 acres of soybeans. I don't need the hay and crop lease will pay the taxes and insurance .

May flip it if the right offer comes along. But main reason I got it is no more looking for a place to hunt. Got a couple of decent bucks passing thru every 2-3 days. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boco

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:21 PM

So what did it cost you?

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:31 PM

Posted By: Boco

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:32 PM

Sounds like a great deal.
Posted By: corky

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:37 PM

Congrats. Nothing beats playing on your own land.

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:37 PM

Figured I got 50K in the land after subtracting the equipment . I'll post pics later. Didn't take any today grabbed the deed and RAN to the lawyers office before things changed LOL

Well had the money saved back drawing .21 interest. Stock market too high to get into. It was a no brainer when the elderly guy priced it. I hunted on him my whole life when I wanted too. Help him out when I can. was putting a new sliding screen door on last week when he ask me if I needed a farm . Told him only if it was priced right . He said make an offer so I said 50,000 . Then he said if it wasn't for his 2 kids raising cane he would give it to me !!! But I jumped at 70K .
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:41 PM

That's a steal! Nice deal.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:45 PM

20 acres in SE Nebraska with an Amish built tin clad house and barn sold for 379k
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:49 PM

Gary Benson, you'd probably be paying a minimum of $500K here as well for that property.

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 07:52 PM

Here’s an aerial view Little squiggly using my finger to draw the outline. But the property line is the road seen in the pic. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 08:55 PM

Looks like Savell will come up and show you how to slay those beast.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/14/21 10:49 PM

Congrats on land purchase. You got a great deal!!!!!!
Posted By: jk

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 12:06 AM

All the equipment came with it or you had that stuff before? Sounds good to me.......jk
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 12:10 AM

Great deal. Congratulations!

Chris

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by jk
All the equipment came with it or you had that stuff before? Sounds good to me.......jk

No came with it. He didn't need it and didn't want to mess with selling it so lock stock and the keys to the gate!!! Of course he gave me a key 20 years ago. Respecting your elders and just listening to them when they need an ear or a hand to help them will pay off in this life or the next !!!!
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 12:28 AM

Sounds alot like what I have......been a huge blessing to my family. Before you crop it, consider a handful of cows. I really, really enjoy putting up hay and feeding a few cows and watching them raise some calves. I run a whopping 7 head and borrow my neighbors bull. I hay small insignifcant areas like horse lots and small few acre patches people just want mowed for free. It is peaceful for me to just go out and sit on my four wheeler and stare at my cows and spoil them...........the deer don't mind one bit and even come up and benefit from the mineral. I shoot nice deer with the cows in and the cows out......
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 12:29 AM

Don't forget to treat it like a business and not just a hunting property. it is good to haves farm losses and buy tractors or livestock instead of paying taxes - build up your net worth not the liberals that don't work.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Sounds like a great deal.

Sounds like he bought it from his grandad.

No real person in this market would give things away at that price.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 12:54 AM

Out of respect for the original owner who gave you a great deal, I wouldn’t flip it. At least while he’s alive!
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 01:26 AM

Sounds to me that he thought that you deserved to have it.
Do what you can to make him think that he did the right thing.

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 01:37 AM

Won’t I’ll never sell it grand babies inheritance. No to cattle I live about 20 miles away plus looking at another fusion this winter. But I’ll keep the equipment in case I change my mind
The comment about people not giving others things your wrong Not this generation but the people in their 80-90 have a different outlook. Guy I went to school with him and his brother always helped a couple next door to him Taking them to town after they got too old to drive chores around the house for years They both died about 6 months apart. They gave one the farm next door around 220 acres The other one got 300,000 in cash The 3 children that were too busy for their parents got 50,000 each
Man they were ticked !!
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Won’t I’ll never sell it grand babies inheritance. No to cattle I live about 20 miles away plus looking at another fusion this winter. But I’ll keep the equipment in case I change my mind
The comment about people not giving others things your wrong Not this generation but the people in their 80-90 have a different outlook. Guy I went to school with him and his brother always helped a couple next door to him Taking them to town after they got too old to drive chores around the house for years They both died about 6 months apart. They gave one the farm next door around 220 acres The other one got 300,000 in cash The 3 children that were too busy for their parents got 50,000 each
Man they were ticked !!

I guess that was kind of my point.
I recently received a generous inheritance that I had no right to expect.
My benefactor saw something in me ( or more likely my wife) that he considered worthy.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 01:54 AM

Congratulations
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 01:57 AM

You got a great deal, around here they would have listed it with Buy A Farm, or Mossy oak or similar and priced it at 200k plus.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 02:24 AM

Good deal. I agree with bvrretriever.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Pulled the trigger today - 10/15/21 02:35 AM

Very Awesome!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums