Home

Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 02:53 AM

You see one of your creations doing better then you figured lol ? Stopped by my buddys house the other day to chat ,and notice the coon trap I had built and gave him close to two years about was proper up on the side of his house. Looked it o vver and other than some rust where the moving parts interacted it was basically like I just built it. Figuring it was busted I asked about what was wrong with it. My buddy looked real confused and said "busted ?! Broke ? Only thi g wrong with that cage is I can't keep the coon out of it !" Went on to tell me he managed to bag at least 45 coon in it in the last year .Made me ticked pink to say the least lol.
Anyone else love it when they see their creations working ?
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 03:05 AM

I would...if any of mine worked! crazy
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 04:53 AM

Yes it one of the best things in life. I watched my 2 youngest creations have a very successful squirrel hunt this evening with their .22s. The 11 year old shot 3 and my 9 year old shot 3 but one of his took off after hitting the ground. The each also had a miss but I can live with that. It's really something to sit back and watch them have at it. Heck I even broke down and shot 2 myself.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Yes it one of the best things in life. I watched my 2 youngest creations have a very successful squirrel hunt this evening with their .22s. The 11 year old shot 3 and my 9 year old shot 3 but one of his took off after hitting the ground. The each also had a miss but I can live with that. It's really something to sit back and watch them have at it. Heck I even broke down and shot 2 myself.

LOL Craftsman huh. How do you become an apprentice?
just
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 11:59 AM

Cool Wolfie
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by AKAjust
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

LOL Craftsman huh. How do you become an apprentice?
just

I have thought about offering classes but I do believe my wife would not be happy about it. Since she got a fixed during her last c section. She gave me an ugly look when I told her"I'm most society's through history when a woman was not fertile than it was not only allowed encouraged for them to take additional wife"

So I could offer classes but they would be very expensive.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 02:12 PM

Yup.
One creation my uncle made around 40 years ago always had a couple of flaws. Awhile back the machine was acting up andwas causing a lot of waste with products he makes. We basically rebuilt everything and it wasn't working right. I kept tinkering with it and now it works better than ever. He and is wife seen it working the best it's ever been and their mouths hit the floor.
His family and I still can't believe how well it works now. More consistent quality, easier to use, faster production and less waste. Everytime we use it we're in shock.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 02:20 PM

When I was in college I was big into tournament bass fishing the collegiate tours. Had a side business making bass jigs, all hand tied. It was very rewarding catching fish and winning money on something you created....

Till the guy you sold some to beats you with them grin
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: Craftsmen ,don't ya love it when - 10/15/21 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Yup.
One creation my uncle made around 40 years ago always had a couple of flaws. Awhile back the machine was acting up andwas causing a lot of waste with products he makes. We basically rebuilt everything and it wasn't working right. I kept tinkering with it and now it works better than ever. He and is wife seen it working the best it's ever been and their mouths hit the floor.
His family and I still can't believe how well it works now. More consistent quality, easier to use, faster production and less waste. Everytime we use it we're in shock.

What's the machine and what does it make?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums