Home

NRA

Posted By: Scuba1

NRA - 10/15/21 10:40 PM

The board has gone and voted to keep their CEO for another term. They must not like getting members back.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: NRA - 10/15/21 10:44 PM

I do think it's time (past time) for a change in leadership.

Re: NRA - 10/16/21 12:24 AM

I don't understand why they voted that guy back in. The folks I know that have quit the NRA have done so because of him and his cronies. Maybe they have stopped caring and just rake it in while it lasts till the ship sinks.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: NRA - 10/16/21 12:34 AM

Well the NRA was started at least a big part by the government. Much nicer when raw troops have properly been trained to shoot.
Posted By: warrior

Re: NRA - 10/16/21 01:23 AM

Bleed it for every last dime.
Posted By: AJE

Re: NRA - 10/16/21 04:48 AM

I miss Chris Cox.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: NRA - 10/16/21 07:34 PM

I miss Harlan Carter.
Posted By: poconobear

Re: NRA - 10/16/21 09:42 PM

Life member here. Just took the life member sticker off my truck. I am embarrassed by today’s NRA. My allegiance belongs to GOA
I see tougher times ahead for the NRA now
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: NRA - 10/16/21 09:54 PM

I am embarrassed by today’s NRA. My allegiance belongs to GOA

X2
Posted By: DaveP

Re: NRA - 10/16/21 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
I don't understand why they voted that guy back in. The folks I know that have quit the NRA have done so because of him and his cronies. Maybe they have stopped caring and just rake it in while it lasts till the ship sinks.

Wayne needs a new suit!

Does ANYONE else remember him being a trapping lobbyist a LONG time ago?
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 05:04 AM

Life member here also; but I think he has become a liability and public relations nightmare. NRA has seen their best days I'm afraid.

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 10:57 AM

does anyone else remember the NRA supporting gun control?
Posted By: walleye101

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 12:12 PM

The NRA has probably made some mistakes along the way, but overall has been our best defense against the lefts endless assult on our second ammendment rights. One thing I do know for sure is that liberal gun grabbers hate the NRA for a reason, and that alone is enough for me to fully support NRA and its mission.

Yes GOA is great as well, and I will continue to support both organizations.
Posted By: jtg

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 01:01 PM

Me, too.

Originally Posted by walleye101
The NRA has probably made some mistakes along the way, but overall has been our best defense against the lefts endless assult on our second ammendment rights. One thing I do know for sure is that liberal gun grabbers hate the NRA for a reason, and that alone is enough for me to fully support NRA and its mission.

Yes GOA is great as well, and I will continue to support both organizations.

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Yup, and that is why I left club compromise. The bump stuck debacle was the last straw for me.

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 03:14 PM

Yup, and that is why I left club compromise. The bump stuck debacle was the last straw for me.

X2.
Frome my cold dead hands......... Well unless, and if and we'll maybe...

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 03:57 PM

Insta check broke my heart. I was a kid when my dad uncle and granddad quit over the 1968 gun control act. My granddad told me he was to busy trying to feed his family when the nra got the national firearms act passed. He wasn't even aware of it. I think that maybe that was common when it was being debated.
Posted By: AJE

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 04:23 PM

They haven't in the 35 yrs I've been a member
Posted By: hippie

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 04:50 PM

We came along way since my great grandads day.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/gun-control-old-west-180968013/

[Linked Image]
Entering Dodge city Kansas, 1880's.

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by AJE

They haven't in the 35 yrs I've been a member

lol I think you may just have not had your head out of the sand far enough to see it.
Posted By: hippie

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 05:12 PM

Y'all better hope the NRA and New York win the Supreme court case in a couple weeks.

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Y'all better hope the NRA and New York win the Supreme court case in a couple weeks.

I wish them no ill will but they are not the no compromise group they pretend to be. They still have good training programs and such. I hope they are successful. At the same time I will not be surprised when they go along or promote the next gun control push or at least compromise. Then the anti groups will say see even the NRA supports common sense gun control.

All and all I care less what they do. I can't control it and I have my line in the sand as far as I'm willing to comply . I do know they will not be doing whatever they do with my money.

Re: NRA - 10/17/21 10:33 PM

yep. wyatt earp got fired
Posted By: gman

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 12:52 AM

One of the only things worse than a liberal is an NRA basher!!!!

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 12:53 AM

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by gman

Or someone blindly following along with out questioning their wrongs. Same as the Trump fan boys. I voted for him in the primary the first round and two elections but I still call him out on his faults. But keep on keeping on with that head in the sand. That will be the way to hold them accountable.
Posted By: charles

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 01:44 AM

I am a member because nobody represents gun owners better. I wish the NRA would clean house and get back to their mission. New leadership would be very helpful.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by poconobear
Life member here. Just took the life member sticker off my truck. I am embarrassed by today’s NRA. My allegiance belongs to GOA

Devide and they conquer
NRA Life Member here...
Posted By: Owen156

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 02:52 AM

Same here, the GOA is working hard for us.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Devide and they conquer
NRA Life Member here...

Originally Posted by Owen156
Same here, the GOA is working hard for us.

Makes sense to support both

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 01:17 PM

Not to me. I dont like gun control

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 01:19 PM

. But keep on keeping on with that head in the sand. That will be the way to hold them accountable.

Hold them accountable for what?? Making sure you were able to keep your guns for the last 100 years. Helping get tons of pro 2A politicians elected. Defeating tons of anti 2A liberals. The list goes on. They do one thing you anti NRA guys don't like and you can't quit complaining. Yup--join the GOA-it's a good outfit but they have a long way to go before they will be as effective as the NRA.

You should apply your way of thinking to this issue. Example I can't stand Trump but I voted for him because it was the best we had. NRA is also the best we have-you should be supporting them too.
Who's got their head in the sand??? Anti NRA=liberal!!!

Also like Walleye said-you should be supporting them both.

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 01:25 PM

A few years back I was very happy with the NRA support of the HPA. I was up late could not sleep. I decided to buy myself, wife, and 3 kids life memberships. Just before I submitted the payment I thought about that being expensive and I should at least talk to my wife before I do it. She would have agreed to do it but big purchase I fill should be discussed. She had gone to bed a few hrs earlier so it had to wait tell morning.

The next morning I saw to my amazement they came out with their bump stalk debacle. No NRA for me. They did it to themself. So glad I waited to talk with my wife.

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 05:28 PM

Sorry PF but that is a P poor excuse as far as I'm concerned. You are mad about losing your bump stock but you still have the thing the bump stock went on!! You can thank the NRA for that!!! Without them you would not have had a reason to even buy a bump stock in the first place.

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 05:52 PM

Without the NRA there would be no NFA . Would not want a bump stock, could just buy a machine gun at walmart

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 05:57 PM

Sorry PF but that is a P poor excuse as far as I'm concerned. You are mad about losing your bump stock but you still have the thing the bump stock went on!! You can thank the NRA for that!!! Without them you would not have had a reason to even buy a bump stock in the first place.

Try again I never had or wanted a bump stock. And honestly don't like the AR platform much either. I prefer bolt guns single shots, and lever guns 10x more than semi automatics. Just keep you head in the sand and send them your money. They will keep selling you out a small piece at a time. At some point they will sell out something you llike then you can be mad also. You see I get mad even it's something I do not like it want but some else like it and it's our right so I stand up with them.

Rationalize all you want and lie to yourself if it makes you feel better. I'm open and honest and call out my team when they are wrong.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: NRA - 10/18/21 06:24 PM

You guys sticking up for the NRA (and rightly so) might as well be arguing with a stone wall when it comes to the handful of NRA-bashers here on T-man. These guys never miss an opportunity to bash the organization and now they are even starting their own NRA-bashing threads as well as hijacking every NRA-positive threads.

You are never going to get them to admit that the NRA has done far, far more good for American gun-owners than bad. Save your breath or your typed words for folks less bull-headed, for folks that are less sure they know everything there is to know about the organization.

Do I (and every other thinking member) want LaPierre gone? Heck yes, he has become a liability to the organization. He and his cronies have a lock on the leadership and use slime ball tactics to keep that power.Does that mean we should trash the entire organization?

A few years ago I posted a board of directors ballot and explained which candidates were seeking change and should be supported and also some of the dirty politics going on internally. Very few responded and I'm sure even less took the time to vote. It's much easier to complain and bad-mouth than try to effect change.

It would be far more productive to showcase the positive things the pro-gun group of your choice has done recently and I have ask these guys repeatedly to do so. Mostly I get crickets and more NRA bashing.

Save your breath with these guys.

Re: NRA - 10/19/21 12:55 AM

Lugnut you are right. It is like talking to a stone. I quit cuz they banned bump stocks and I don't even like them. Was he ever a member?. I quit cuz they send me to much mail. I quit cuz they call to much asking for money. I quit cuz Wayne L wears expensive suits. On and on it goes. Talk about heads in the sand!! Shortsightedness!! Do ya think any of them will ever really see the big picture? Are they to $%^&* to realize they want the bolt guns-lever guns and single shots too.

You see I get mad even it's something I do not like it want but some else like it and it's our right so I stand up with them.

Then join the NRA and start standing up for yourself and all the other millions of gun owners. Luckily the NRA stands up for ALL of us gun owners. Not just the ones they like!

The NRA is responsible for NFA? That's a new one to me.

Re: NRA - 10/19/21 01:03 AM

gman, sounds like there is lots you dont know

Re: NRA - 10/19/21 01:18 AM

Lugnut you are right. It is like talking to a stone. I quit cuz they banned bump stocks and I don't even like them. Was he ever a member?. I quit cuz they send me to much mail. I quit cuz they call to much asking for money. I quit cuz Wayne L wears expensive suits. On and on it goes. Talk about heads in the sand!! Shortsightedness!! Do ya think any of them will ever really see the big picture? Are they to $%^&* to realize they want the bolt guns-lever guns and single shots too.

You see I get mad even it's something I do not like it want but some else like it and it's our right so I stand up with them.

Then join the NRA and start standing up for yourself and all the other millions of gun owners. Luckily the NRA stands up for ALL of us gun owners. Not just the ones they like!

The NRA is responsible for NFA? That's a new one to me.

The NRA supported the hues amendment. It's documented.

Your reading comp could use some work. I dropped my membership because I did not think they were doing a good job representing me. They appeared to be moving in the right direction so I was going to buy the family lifetime memberships. But the very next morning the lost all credit again with their bump stock crap.

I have no no use for people or groups that lie and do the opposite of what they claim they're about.

You must have selectively missed where I said they have good programs and training . I think your confuse whom is talking to the block wall.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: NRA - 10/19/21 02:56 AM

The state is loosing $ not selling tags.
I hear there are several shot each year by mistaken identity (coyotes) smile

Re: NRA - 10/20/21 12:52 AM

You seem to be very well informed so please enlighten me on what I don't know. Thanks

Re: NRA - 10/20/21 01:15 AM

What is your problem with the Hughes amendment? Please explain.

But the very next morning the lost all credit again with their bump stock crap.

As I said before at least we still have the platform the bump stock goes on. You don't like AR's and you have no use for a bump stock-so what's your beef?

Re: NRA - 10/20/21 02:06 AM

I have posted time and time again about NRA sponsored gun control and their continued support of gun control. give em a call and ask if they support insta check for starters. do your own research ,its no secret they are all about money in the pockets of the leadership

Re: NRA - 10/20/21 02:26 AM

What is your problem with the Hughes amendment? Please explain.

But the very next morning the lost all credit again with their bump stock crap.

As I said before at least we still have the platform the bump stock goes on. You don't like AR's and you have no use for a bump stock-so what's your beef?

I will try not to make this a personal attack but your making it difficult.

An M16 I could make with a $200 tax stamp in April 86 now will cost me an additional 16 to 20k. No new registered mg.

Yes y don't like the gimmick bump stock. It's an accessory and meets the letter of the law. Now the any accessories the government dose not like can be band. Sure they hav no legal authority to ban accessories or regulate them. But hey NRA NRA NRA. Keep looking the other way.

Almost like your ignorant and can't make the connections. But I think your intelligent just being willfully ignorant because it's your team.
Posted By: wytex

Re: NRA - 10/20/21 03:59 PM

You seem to be very well informed so please enlighten me on what I don't know. Thanks

In the last eight months as a member of the NRA Board of Directors (BOD), I have been asked often by NRA members, pro-gun groups and pro-second amendment reporters “Why does the NRA BOD refuse to terminate Wayne LaPierre’s employment in light of the accusations and evidence of mismanagement, malfeasance, and misuse of NRA funds for personal benefit?” I believe there are three primary reasons and a lengthy list of secondary reasons.

Primary Reasons:

1. NRA Officers and key board members fully support maintaining Wayne LaPierre as the EVP regardless of the evidence that has been presented in the recent Bankruptcy trial.
2. Several Directors are not independent fiduciaries and will follow the leadership regardless of the admission of wrong doing by Wayne LaPierre and others.
3. A few Directors are independent but will not openly challenge the current leadership for fear of reprisals, loss of committee assignments, and ultimately removal from the BOD.

The BOD’s failure in the fiduciary role of over sight has created a risk of dissolution by the New York Attorney General and has enraged NRA members, pro second amendment organizations and second amendment reporters. The very groups that historically have been the back bone of the NRA are now the biggest critics. The NRA routinely describes these former support groups as adverse to the NRA and malcontents. These often repeated derogatory terms are used to described anyone or any organization with views that do not align with the NRA leadership.

In order to develop an understanding of where the NRA is heading, it is necessary to predict the outcome of the New York Attorney General’s Complaint against the NRA.

Potential Outcomes:

1. The NRA prevails in the NYAG case and all charges are dropped and the NRA returns to normal operations with current management and BOD in place. This is not plausible due to the over whelming evidence compiled by the NYAG and through testimonies during the bankruptcy trial. If Martha Stewart can go to jail for insider trading on a transaction valued at $45,000; then I venture to speculate that mismanagement of millions of dollars can also have serious consequences.

2. The NRA loses the NYAG case and immediately files an appeal or another bankruptcy filing. This is possible, however I think is unlikely because the NRA will lose all leverage with the NYAG and will be at the mercy of the court.

3). The NRA avoids the trial through negotiations with the NYAG agrees to remove management, agrees to pay a massive fine, the NRA BOD is disbanded, and the NYAG has a huge political victory. I think this outcome is the most likely based on the other possible outcomes.

The appointment of an Independent Receiver by the New York Court could help stop the raiding of the NRA’s bank account. I am hoping that the recent filing of an intervention in the NYAG case (which I am the named Director) will finally end the continued wrong doing by a few and save the NRA for the members.

I hope to encourage all NRA members to become fully engaged in taking back control of the NRA for the benefit of the members. The annual member’s meeting has been scheduled for October 2, 2021 in Charlotte North Carolina. If you attend, now is the time for your voice to be heard. The BOD will not change course and have no intention of correcting the wrong doing of the past. If the NRA is important to you, please get involved….now!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: NRA - 10/20/21 04:45 PM

So much for a democratic, freedom based organization with a huge BOD and enough VPs to fill a hotel! Members were constantly told to hate those enemy chickens and send more money while the few foxes designed their own chicken house. I do agree with one thing, disbanding the whole BOD and beginning anew would be the smart choice. Mostly manipulation that leads to apathy has got the NRA where it is today. I have been a member two times in the last 40 years and have not renewed for the last 15 years or so, nor will I in the near future. I trust my own ability to keep my arms more then I do an organization with that little oversight or even the desire to clean it up. Really sad when it is the legal system that has to bring forth the fraud in an organization that based itself on truth and patriotism.

Bryce

Re: NRA - 10/21/21 12:32 AM

I have posted time and time again about NRA sponsored gun control and their continued support of gun control. give em a call and ask if they support insta check for starters. do your own research ,its no secret they are all about money in the pockets of the leadership

So why don't you post one more time and enlighten me on the NRA's support of gun control......I would love to see the facts!!!

Re: NRA - 10/21/21 12:38 AM

Why dont you send em some more money? I didnt earn your money. Its none of my business what you do with it. If you want to support "common sense" gun control then dont ask my permission. Your a free person.

Re: NRA - 10/21/21 12:47 AM

An M16 I could make with a $200 tax stamp in April 86 now will cost me an additional 16 to 20k. No new registered mg.

If you wanted a FA AR so bad why didn't you get it before 86 .if you were serious about it you would buy now-quit being so cheap. That's not even a third of a decent vehicle.
Also the Hughes amendment was an add on to FOPA which was a very good deal for us gunowners.

Re: NRA - 10/21/21 12:51 AM

Almost like your ignorant and can't make the connections. But I think your intelligent just being willfully ignorant because it's your team.

Then show me the connections and quit acting like a liberal. And yes it is my team. Along with 5 million other ignorant team members I guess.

Re: NRA - 10/21/21 01:06 AM

gman, if your to lazy to do your own research then me doing it for you is pointless

Re: NRA - 10/21/21 02:23 AM

G man not all trappers are in their 50s plus. I was 6 in 86. It seem I gave your intelligence to much credit when I started. You chose to be blind I will not wast any more time on this with this with you.

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 01:19 AM

gman, if your to lazy to do your own research then me doing it for you is pointless

Why would I do my own research on a subject you seem to be expert on. You are the one making statements that you can't seem to backup. Remember that I am ignorant so please enlighten me on the NRA supporting gun control.

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 01:27 AM

G man not all trappers are in their 50s plus. I was 6 in 86. It seem I gave your intelligence to much credit when I started. You chose to be blind I will not wast any more time on this with this with you.

Thank you-I never did give you any credit for intelligence. Sorry. I guess I am pretty ignorant-Lugnut warned me about arguing with rocks-I should have heeded his warning!!!

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 03:00 AM

Thank you-I never did give you any credit for intelligence. Sorry. I guess I am pretty ignorant-Lugnut warned me about arguing with rocks-I should have heeded his warning!!!

There is no argument sir. It's clear you are not only willing but think it's a good thing to compromise rights away. So clearly the NRA is the perfect organization for you. That's your right and choice. I get a little work up when people want to take my and my kids rights away. . It's bad when it's the anti gun group but worse when is someone that thinks they are pro gun.

Your own words your think trading away rights is a good thing. "Also the Hughes amendment was an add on to FOPA which was a very good deal for us gunowners".

NRA NRA NRA NRA. What a sad joke. But I have to remember you're probably from the generation that believes the NRA hung the moon.

It's ok for only the rich and well off to be able to afford a MG I mean it's only 20k a 1/3 the price of a new car. Your truly worse than an anti gun nut and understand freedom and the constitution below their level.

Yes I said I was finished before but I just couldn't help it. Enjoy selling out American while wrapped up in the flag.

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 03:43 AM

Hey kids ..;; calm down. I was just trying to point out that the NRA does not seem to care much about keeping its or increasing its membership with folks that actually think and just ride the cart to a crash, no matter what. Its just a fact that is happening and it baffles me. No need to get into each others hair about it.

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 03:49 AM

Hey kids ..;; calm down. I was just trying to point out that the NRA does not seem to care much about keeping its or increasing its membership with folks that actually think and just ride the cart to a crash, no matter what. Its just a fact that is happening and it baffles me. No need to get into each others hair about it.

Sorry scuba i get carried away. Blind followers that wont question or hold their feet to the fire is exactly why. Becuse they don't have to. The money will keep flowing in. A few examples can be found above.
Posted By: tjm

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 04:24 AM

A few of the Anti Gun Laws that NRA helped write and supported:
National Firearms Act 1934
Federal Firearms Act of 1938
Gun Control Act 1968

Back in the '30s they also wrote the templates for most state gun control laws. NRA was always in favor of gun control, they just learned how to make it seem reasonable and convince the members that giving away the store was protecting the toilet.

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 04:26 AM

Well cheers PF. For the folks that want to put more money into the NRA. Have at it, For the ones that call the folks that have quit on them and give money to other organizations, like myself. Have at it as well. Don't go bashing each other for Pete's sake. I don't tend to go out for dinner and prefer to cook my own. When I do, its usually to an Irish pub. You can judge me on that because you rather have a pizza instead. Bu i could not care less what you eat as long as you don't try to shove a spoon full down my throat or something that i don't want. We all need to eat though. its as simple as that

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 04:36 AM

Ohh and for the folks that call the ones that have left the NRA to join a no compromise organization instead Liberals. ........ Bless your little hearts
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: NRA - 10/22/21 05:34 AM

I am a member of both the NRA and GOA. However, I doubt the GOA will ever have the name recognition as the NRA. I doubt most anti-gun politicians even heard of the GOA. They always mention the NRA when attacking gun rights.

Re: NRA - 10/23/21 12:52 AM

There is no argument sir. It's clear you are not only willing but think it's a good thing to compromise rights away. So clearly the NRA is the perfect organization for you. That's your right and choice. I get a little work up when people want to take my and my kids rights away. . It's bad when it's the anti gun group but worse when is someone that thinks they are pro gun.

Your own words your think trading away rights is a good thing. "Also the Hughes amendment was an add on to FOPA which was a very good deal for us gunowners".

NRA NRA NRA NRA. What a sad joke. But I have to remember you're probably from the generation that believes the NRA hung the moon.

It's ok for only the rich and well off to be able to afford a MG I mean it's only 20k a 1/3 the price of a new car. Your truly worse than an anti gun nut and understand freedom and the constitution below their level.

Yes I said I was finished before but I just couldn't help it. Enjoy selling out American while wrapped up in the flag.

I should have listened to my Grandpa. He said you should never get in a battle of wits or brains with an unarmed man. I should have listened......
© 2024 Trapperman Forums