Home

is america gone forever?

Posted By: foxkidd44

is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 03:36 PM

guys.........am I the only one who feels this way..............is America gone forever..............have we reached the point were we cant go back?
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 03:52 PM

No
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 03:55 PM

It depends on the Supreme Court!
Posted By: bass10

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 03:58 PM

Well I just heard they are mandating stores in the next few years to have a boys toy section, a girls toy section and a I guess gender confused section. We allowed a lot of our statues and history to be torn down while we erected a George Floyd statue. I’d say we are still on a downward spiral!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:12 PM

She is lost and gone forever...dreadful sorry Clementine
It ain't lookin good and we got no representation.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:12 PM

America is gone now, you guys are letting the left get into your heads too much.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
America is gone now, you guys are letting the left get into your heads too much.

When you were 20 years old did you ever think America would be where it is today?
Posted By: HayDay

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:13 PM

It depends.......what sets apart from all others has been rule of law. Not a nation of men, but of laws. Take that away and we got big trouble.

Unless Rule of Law is followed by our government leaders, its over. So as a nation of men, we better start insisting that rule of law is followed.....or else.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:21 PM

Only if you let it.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:24 PM

America is an idea. As long as the idea doesn't die, America doesn't die.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:24 PM

No
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay
It depends.......what sets apart from all others has been rule of law. Not a nation of men, but of laws. Take that away and we got big trouble.

Unless Rule of Law is followed by our government leaders, its over. So as a nation of men, we better start insisting that rule of law is followed.....or else.

Agree, the election process being the heart of it. The next national election will tell us if the Republic is gone for good. With the last fraudulent one behind us and no repercussions, things are not looking good.
With government control of the soverinty of our personal bodies, destruction of our money and the ability to earn it, destruction of personal businesses and trade do to the supply chain, on and on. All of this causing division between families, work forces, races and again, on and on. It appears to me communism has infiltrated our precious Republic and many are good with it as long as they can get the free stuff handed out at their own and offsprings expense.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:43 PM

Depends on your age.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:43 PM

I believe it may be to far gone. Never dreamed it would go this fast without a really serious disaster like major earth quake, nuke attack ECT....
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:50 PM

It's the work ethic and moral values of the people that made it what it was . The majority dont have the same values as past generations.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:50 PM

So Providence the stolen election wasn’t the same as a physical disaster?
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
guys.........am I the only one who feels this way..............is America gone forever..............have we reached the point were we cant go back?

Gone, no. Changed, yes.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
It's the work ethic and moral values of the people that made it what it was . The majority dont have the same values as past generations.

Agreed
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 04:59 PM

As long as America is alive in her people, she will never die.

Politicians are hard at trying to kill her.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
It depends on the Supreme Court!

Politicians don't matter. They're put there to make us think that do. It's the lobbiests that make things good or bad.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 05:04 PM

The millions of illegals are going to eventually dilute the American way of life. I truly hope not though!

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
America is an idea. As long as the idea doesn't die, America doesn't die.

With the amount of illegals coming in, our ideas are being diluted. It's an up hill battle.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 05:09 PM

America may have changed a bit, but it isn't gone. It is still the greatest country on Earth. Can you nay Sayers tell me a better place to live. How many of you have served?
Posted By: Squash

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 05:09 PM

The America the Baby Boomer Generation grew up in is gone forever. Except for taking all of the wealth we have accumulated, We are not the demographic that politicians, industry, Hollywood, fake news media, etc.. give a crap about.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
So Providence the stolen election wasn’t the same as a physical disaster?

In a way much worse . But it hopefully opened many eyes the the illusion of having a say in your government. Party no longer matters. Republicans had all 3 Trump's first two years but did little to nothing we sent them there for. Got to compromise don't you know. They talk a good game to get votes but don't follow through. Dems full steam ahead and don't want to compromise.

Republicans won't do their job just slow things down a little but it still goes left when they are in charge.
Posted By: Boco

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 05:19 PM

The USA is only 4.2% of the world population,and fertility rate is low,under the threshold of replacement.
So population growth in the USA is dependant upon immigration.
Asia has 59% of the worlds population and Africa is second.

It is more than obvious what the future looks like.
Posted By: aknome

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 07:04 PM

One way or another, we're almost all immigrants. America will continue to change demographics and people will complain about it. Look at the Irish, Chinese, or any ethnic group's history of coming to America. But America has always been the last best place to go.

Every generation has said America is falling apart. Drugs and hippies were going to ruin the US when I was a kid. Before that it was the communist scare fabricated by Joseph MaCarthy.

The only thing that has changed is the ability of a few via new technology to influence many. If some of us were fish, we'd be extinct we're so easy to hook.
Posted By: Marty

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 07:18 PM

Gone but not forgotten by some of us....will not come back like it was ever again...they control way to much of the government agencies and big cities. When the real supply shortages happen this winter the red areas will receive very little..want food?.show your proof of the jab.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I believe it may be to far gone. Never dreamed it would go this fast without a really serious disaster like major earth quake, nuke attack ECT....

They have to act fast in case they lose the house and senate which is only a little more than a year away. Expect the left try to pack the Supreme Court soon.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
The USA is only 4.2% of the world population,and fertility rate is low,under the threshold of replacement.

And what about Canada? What percent of the world's population do they have?
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 08:01 PM

Yes it was circling the bowl and on 1-21-21 the handle got pulled and flushed.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
..want food?.show your proof of the jab.

Or

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by aknome

Every generation has said America is falling apart. Drugs and hippies were going to ruin the US when I was a kid.

I would make the argument that that is exactly what happened. Those hippies from the 60s are the Nancy Pelosi's and Chuckie Schumer's of today.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Every generation has said America is falling apart. Drugs and hippies were going to ruin the US when I was a kid.

I would make the argument that that is exactly what happened. Those hippies from the 60s are the Nancy Pelosi's and Chuckie Schumer's of today.

Game, set, match!

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by Boco

And what about Canada? What percent of the world's population do they have?

He don't know nuthin bout Canada...but he knows everything about the USA.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/18/21 09:21 PM

And what about Canada? What percent of the world's population do they have?[/quote]
He don't know nuthin bout Canada...but he knows everything about the USA.[/quote]

Read the title of the thread einstein.
Or do you have a low level of comprehension.
Posted By: nate

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 01:48 AM

I think the majority of our total population, would like the government to have more control. If were waiting on the young parents to wake up and get involved in the education system, most of them are pushing for more government control. Most people will go with out a fight.
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Winner winner!

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 01:59 AM

Not all of them,some hippies are trappers.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 02:20 AM

That's true. Some old hippies are trappers. Should they hang on the old, or grab onto the new......
Posted By: kseric

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 02:26 AM

Ask a Native American.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by kseric
Ask a Native American.

They would say yes, no more beating their clothes on rocks down by a creek and no more months to travel miles on horseback. lol
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 10:45 AM

[Linked Image]

Here's a picture of the young me. Never been a hippie in spite of all that hair. I like to look at it now that most of it fell out. My values have not changed. My little piece of America here in KS hasn't really changed much. Not a lot of crime and most people are too busy making ends meet to get too stressed out by some politician. A few meth heads around but seems like there has always been a "bad crowd" of one sort or another. I doubt that ever changes.

If the communists keep pushing, people like me are going to load our guns. When that happens I think America will be gone. Forever? Who knows. Depends on who wins I guess.

Putting food ammo medicine in storage is no different than saving money for a rainy day.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 10:55 AM

Way things are going Danny, I reckon you'll be loading your guns here shortly.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 10:59 AM

danny, were you the lead vocalist for Pink Floyd? I thought your pic was of Roger laugh
Maybe I'm just comfortably numb wink

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: danvee

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 11:15 AM

America will always be here its not going to be the 50s again or the 60s or 70s, 80s, or 90s its always changing. Good bad and evil but America best place ever.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 11:23 AM

never been a pink floyd fan but i did like this song back in them days

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 11:55 AM

danny, Being from Kansas, they were playing good music about your state back then.
Brother, you must have liked these lyrics. You just didn't realize why until you met me wink
I miss you KS trappers!
Hit 'em hard this season.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 12:18 PM

Ask a Native American.

I'm a native American, along with everyone else born in the US as citizens.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Ask a Native American.

They would say yes, no more beating their clothes on rocks down by a creek and no more months to travel miles on horseback. lol

The indigenous peoples didn't even have ponies until Englishmen brought them over from Europe. The bumped their arse across the prairie by dragging a couple of sticks on the ground.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 12:24 PM

Never a big fan of the band Kansas either

I liked creedence pretty good and waylon
Posted By: walleye101

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 12:25 PM

America still exists but without freedom and fair elections it is a hollow shell of itself.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 12:26 PM

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 12:27 PM

Gary, laugh
Why is it when people(s) are gone, they are so fondly remembered.

It's when they're among us we can't hardly get along.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 12:50 PM

She’s just currently taking a nap and having a bad dream. lol
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 01:15 PM

The land will remain, the name will likely remain but the American people are disappearing. Being an "American" used to mean something but we've lost that identity as a people. As various factions have increased in size we have lost our core identity. Politicians have said for years "America is a set of ideals" and now instead of being a people we've become nothing but a set of ideals, ideals that are fading because the people that upheld them are fading.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 01:38 PM

I’m still here
Posted By: bodycount

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 02:01 PM

When the fed starts snooping every transaction $600 and over in your bank account, they are looking to extract every penny they can from you. Not the America I used to know.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 02:14 PM

I keep hearing the bumper sticker rally cry; elections have consequences.

What about a better thesis which is that decisions we make have consequences?

How'd we all get to the scenario in 2021? I'd argue it's from the decisions made from those living from 1940's and 50's until now.
Blame 20 year olds? Not me.
They are the hope when the generation that went liberal in many ways was at the helm.
You see many 20 year olds on the news or at the podiums with teleprompters?
Naw, looks like old foggies to me.
Us.
Well not all of us, but it's our generation trapper friends!
Pure and simple.
We said "live and let live," "anything goes," and a country and way of life was cast from what our grandmas and grandpas gave us.
We've been slipping big time on the slope of liberalism since the mid-1800's..... and here we are.
The youngins are our hope.
Teach them well, but for goodness sake, teach them different than what culture has become.

Bottom line, our generation celebrated the deal made with the devil.... not someone born in 1994.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 02:29 PM

People that want to be free are not the problem. The problem is people who believe they are entitled to a living provided by the people who want to be free

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 02:47 PM

People have never been more free.
To do what is pleasing to them.

Perhaps some missed the fact that the definition of free has been changed immeasurably in our lifetime.

In many ways our culture is drifting straight away from the Judea-Christian system of morality (good and bad) definition of free, in place worldwide only since the 4th century and elevated by our American forefathers to the individual....
back to the shame system of legalism (one's place in society deems what they can do to others) seen throughout all of human history.
There are MANY shame system cultures today, whereby I could do anything to anyone beneath me in societal rank; ex: elites > free men > indentured men > females > indentured females > children.
I see shame system antics every time Bernie or JB or any of these hacks grab a mic. They think they're higher rank than the commoner and as such "laws" don't apply to them.
Do we as a nation have any idea how crappy this shame system really is and how "good" and "bad" don't matter in a shame culture?
There is no right or wrong.
There is only top to bottom.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 03:02 PM

As usual I have no clue what your rambling about

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 03:42 PM

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 03:57 PM

Well said Boco!
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 04:00 PM

My question is it gone or is what to or who ever you wanted it to be gone

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 04:07 PM

I agree somewhat with what Mark is saying regarding my generation. Don't we as parents ruin our children by trying to improve things for them; wanting to give them more than we think we had?

I bought my daughter a two year old Chevy Beretta GT because she was on the A Honor Roll back back when she was in high school. That's just one example. My parents would never have done anything like that for me. They would have expected me to make the A Honor Roll (even though I never did). I would have gotten a pat on the back after they got over the shock of me making such high grades.

Some of us when we were kids got hand me downs when it came to clothes and other things. I played baseball and could only afford a used mitt that I had to buy myself with the money I made seining minnows with my dad. When my boy went out for baseball, I bought him a brand new Rawlings.

As parents, we try to improve over what we had for our own kids. We molded our kids into what they are.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 04:11 PM

Raising kids is like training a dog.reward when they do something good,punish when they do something bad.
One without the other is counterproductive.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 04:11 PM

Not gone. What actually happened is along with our great progress we never took the trash out. Now you can’t tell which is which.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 04:29 PM

No, it's not gone. It's been revised which is the history of cultures.
Our assimilation of the individual into a country of "individuals" melted together and protected by a legal system of "good" and "bad" is being converted slow but sure....
into a nation of people groups, ethnicities, and races, where societal ranking is the "new norm" for many (replaces law).
Everyone hollering about people getting off Scott free when they did bad things is returning us as a nation to the "shame system."

Good and evil, right and wrong is tossed out.
Which person is smarter, brighter, positioned better is becoming the "new normal." It's called the shame system and it was the primary system the ancients all used.
When you toss the guardrails of morality - brought into existence only by Judea-Christian teachings - expect to fill that void with what we are heading into now.
Look at all the weirdness as far as law and order?
There is no such thing in a shame culture.
There are only haves and have nots.
And not many haves by the way.
Read history. It's everywhere. In fact, America's founding fathers were incredibly well read men, and thus started this grand experiment of human dignity and worth, no matter one's status. These Fathers despised the aristocratic monarchies of Europe, who had never grasped the rights of the individual created in the Image of God.

Now our land is more like those Europeans who bow before the crown but I would argue.... wrong Crown.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 04:42 PM

I remember in eighth grade, late May our final days of school. Every eighth grade class would go on a picnic since we would be moving on to junior high, leaving grade school behind.
We played games. One of the games was racing from one boundary to another. After all the eliminations, it was down to one classmate and me for the final race that would determine who was the fastest runner. He won; beat me fair and square.

I was disappointed. He got a small trophy. I got nothing as it should have been. But, that race in today's society would have ended differently. Everybody who ran the race would have gotten a trophy or something similar. Because achievement must be downplayed to make for an even playing field.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 04:58 PM

What will destroy this country is the unencumbered printing of money and the destruction of our currency,

Everything else can be fixed but not the downward spiral and the end of the dollar as we know it.

Sad part is both parties will blame the other yet no one will look in the mirror.

20 percent of every dollar ever created was in 2020 when the adults were in charge. Inflation is only getting started, this is Trumps inflation, if the Dems get there way it will get scary.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 05:12 PM

This is Washington's inflation. Trump was facing an election. There are some ruthless individuals seeking to fundamentally change America and they are either a part of or own this administration. Some probably speak Chinese at the dinner table.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
Gary, laugh

Blessings,
Mark

Why is it that people fight over what someone leaves behind, but don't fight over who gets to care for them when they're alive? smile

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 05:30 PM

In a word: Sin. wink
Stuff we see all day every day but we are sinners too so we prefer to cast blame upon the other dude or dudette rather than fog our own mirror.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Gary, laugh

Blessings,
Mark

Why is it that people fight over what someone leaves behind, but don't fight over who gets to care for them when they're alive? smile

Its called materialism-the cult of the almighty dollar(BARF).

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 09:46 PM

I dont see it as a religious problem. I see it more like a royalty issue. People who think they are entitled to what the peasants produce. Royalty and peasants are the two best words I can come up with. Since humans first began talking there have been people who strive to control others and control all their "tribes" wealth. Our ancestors fought successfully against that . Looks to me like it will be our turn soon. The first step in controlling all the wealth will be to crash the dollar. Paper money is not wealth. The ability to produce/provide food clothing shelter are wealth. Land is wealth. The ability to manufacture is wealth. When everything is taken, then returned as the "royalty" see fit, when all the peasants are toiling for little reward to themselves, the "royalty" will have won. Again.

Doesn't matter if you call it socialism communism or a monarchy, its all the same. A few living high on the hog while everyone else works nonstop to provide them their wealth.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/19/21 11:43 PM

Your correct in most aspects danny and it's called by many names by the pagan ancients then... and now.
One thing sinful power, greed, and human ranking are not > from the God of the Bible.

God alone is where human dignity on an individual level was created and introduced to the ancient pagan world, first by the Jews and then by the followers of Christ.
Constantinople replaced the "shame legal system" with the Christian tenets of "right and wrong," and now it's been so long, most today in our land think it's naturally always been.
Hardly.
It's not even found in many places on earth now.

Decisions have consequences.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Drifter

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 04:57 AM

Too many went to sleep while they were standing watch. We had the safeguard of the vote to determine our direction. We failed by settling for the lesser of to evils. While some never even bothered to vote. Funny how the ones that cry first and loudest are the ones that didn't bother to vote.

Our schools now are teaching opposite many of our beliefs. When they stood up to the school board now are being targeted for it. For a long while being masculine is bad. Then we can't understand how folks wouldn't help the woman being raped. When we allow the rapist to be protected against the sheepdog that could of helped her we have a huge problem.

Government waste and pay offs to their crony's is rampant. we are no better then a 3rd world country when a person can be robbed by the police via confiscation because they have cash on them. When we see many of the top legislators we sent to Washington breaking the law and they are NEVER brought up on charges it truly makes me wonder if the great American dream is toast. Yes EVERY American since the revolution has a part in this experiment weather it lives or dies.
Posted By: crossfox21

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 06:11 AM

Unless they repair the election system...this will go on for a long time

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 08:31 AM

Mark, I know as a last resort its common to try and scare nonbelievers into pretending they believe or trying to believe. When you inject superstition into real world problems this is the result.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Dance

I think we have a real problem. People who believe in and think themselves royalty, are getting close to a takeover. I am not sure voting can stop it. Not because of a lack of majority but because of election fraud. Bringing in third world peasants is an attempt to create a majority.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 11:46 AM

danny, you know you and I banter and at the end of the day we're trapping bros, but you have a very small view of how big this world is. I mean really dinky.
The myth you speak of universally transformed this earth 2000 years ago and to say otherwise is useless. As an answer to your question, I'm Augustinian in my doctrine of election, so I don't think we as people raise our hands and say "I'm in," or that people can be scared into faith. It's the opposite. It takes God the Creator to do the calling to the created who hate Him since sin detests God.

You are trying to save the whales with the same worn out ideals that got us all here in the first place IMO. Which is fine, except it won't work.
Get more guns? Holler for more freedom? Immoral people couldn't care less who screams and hollers or who has guns.

Tossing God tossed a WHOLE lot more than people realize.
History has taught us all of this and there's a perfect Book that reveals how it all ends... just not when.

In fact, apart from the victorious return of Christ, history is going nowhere.
People are just cogs in a wheel. It's happening more and more around us because we try to cure the ill with the same medicine.
It will usher in the Marxists or whatever name you put on immoral foreheads, because humans do what humans have always done.
we're seeing it more and more in America is all.

Prove this wrong.
You can't and I wouldn't try because all of us are right where we're supposed to be.
Me and mine are immeasurable blessed to have been born in America at this time, and we thank God for it.
I wave at the apes in the zoo. I don't call them cousin.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:03 PM

You cant prove that the ghost dance wont return N America to the indians either. Its why they still do it. Fear of the unknown and uncontrollable, frustration of the impossible, are the inventors of religion.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:06 PM

Sometimes I have absolutely no idea what you're saying wink

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:10 PM

danny, you know you and I banter and at the end of the day we're trapping bros, but you have a very small view of how big this world is. I mean really dinky.

Blessings,
Mark

Are you always this arrogant?

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:15 PM

Is your cut and paste a statement of arrogance or a statement of fact? That's the Q 49'er. There is a difference.
I figured it as a statement of fact, not a label for danny.

330 million in America
7.8 billion worldwide
We're all on the same planet, and we're connected as never before, so there is no island of America.
Posted By: DecoyMacoy

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:17 PM

Short term pessimistic. There must likely be pain for actual change to occur.

Long term extremely optimistic. A cultural shift away from trusting legacy systems is happening. From news to politics to medicine to diet to science to financial ... everything is starting to be questioned. Gradually then suddenly these centralised systems will die and decentralized ones will take there place. Exciting times.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:23 PM

Good post DM.
I'd say that short term decentralization will lead as it always has to major centralization. It's just exactly how the centralization will look that is the question.
We see it with C-19, right? Our country of freedom loving millions who hold vastly different views on many things you mention almost ALL came together in 30-60 days.
Who would have thunk it?
Centralized in 30-60 days.
It has never been done before and it's still going on with vaxx mandates and the rest.

Was it "this" virus or is "this" a different time? That's the 64M question.
America will change as America has always changed, and I'm an optimist so it'll all work out.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:25 PM

Our country came together? I see more division than ever before.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:27 PM

Around here people are refusing to wear masks or vaccinate. I guess that is coming together but not the way big brother wants

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:28 PM

Our country came together? I see it falling apart.

Came together defined as far as mandating and mandates and rules and laws , not as far as people liking it all.

Political power doesn't care if people like it. It's ALWAYS centralized for the "good of the people."

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:33 PM

[Linked Image]

This an old army explosive plant. Been here since WWII. Closed about 30 years now. Doing a cleanup government contract.

[Linked Image]

This guy asked me yesterday how hard it was to get a CDL. Worried about his union job cause refuses the vaccine. I guess that is coming together but not the way talking heads on tv want us too.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:36 PM

Our country came together? I see it falling apart.

Came together defined as far as mandating and mandates and rules and laws , not as far as people liking it all.

Political power doesn't care if people like it. It's ALWAYS centralized for the "good of the people."

Sounds like the kings are coming together, but not the people being forced. I don't see it as a good thing.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:41 PM

I know exactly where you're at danny! Great area and I bird hunted about 20 miles east of there two years ago with my Brittany.

We live in different times with 5M in WDC more and more telling the heartland what, where, how, when to do what they mandate.
Hold out as long as you can!
Please.

I have fun here in Dallas where as a trapper I have encountered some rather interesting people. From the wealthy to the homeless, people are pretty much.... people.

Drive safe and quit texting and driving!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:46 PM

Oh for sure Gary!
For the good of the people is rarely good FOR the people.
It just sells well to those looking to the gubmint for help.
Most trappers are independent folk so they may have a difficult time understanding why people look to centralized government for assistance.
But in reality, most people in America are subsidized by WDC and they prefer it.
Holler about this, that, or the other, but they take the $$$$.
$$$$ is king as they say.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:49 PM

Im waiting not driving.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 12:52 PM

PS you didnt bird hunt 20 miles east of here. I am just west of Kansas City. Steven49 was right.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
PS you didnt bird hunt 20 miles east of here. I am just west of Kansas City. Steven49 was right.

Actually west (typo) near Sibleyville if you're at the Sunflower Army Ammo place.
Shot a few birds too.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 03:00 PM

Probably more apathy now than anything else.
The discouragement people are feeling from so many angles in our modern world has just beat people down, kind of ground them up and spit them back out for no real reason people can land on.....
is what I hear a lot from people.

Inside the Church makes for discouragement.
Outside the Church makes for hard-heartedness.
With overlap of course.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Blessings,
Mark

Are you always this arrogant?

I don't see it steve?
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44

Hang in there. Good things are coming
Posted By: bblwi

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 04:56 PM

If we keep looking back for the America we want to keep out of the 230 plus years of this nation we won't be spending enough time looking forward or ahead to see where the nation and culture is going. Spending all of our time looking in the review mirror makes driving forward much more difficult and much more likely to be caught unaware of what is taking place. When Jesus walked the earth for the 3 years of his ministry I don't think he was hoping to go back 500 years to Saul and do a "do over". He was teaching disciples to go out and move a new ministry forward.

Bryce
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 05:13 PM

We're going to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) in a hand basket. You can't relive the past but knowing it and understanding it helps you prepare for the future. Technology changes, the nature of man does not.

Re: is america gone forever? - 10/20/21 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
If we keep looking back for the America we want to keep out of the 230 plus years of this nation we won't be spending enough time looking forward or ahead to see where the nation and culture is going. Spending all of our time looking in the review mirror makes driving forward much more difficult and much more likely to be caught unaware of what is taking place. When Jesus walked the earth for the 3 years of his ministry I don't think he was hoping to go back 500 years to Saul and do a "do over". He was teaching disciples to go out and move a new ministry forward.

Bryce

I kinda agree with you.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums