Home

When is this shortage going to end???

Posted By: Canvasback2

When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:34 AM

Just when I thought I could get a new all in one printer, I find out it's all sold out. pick my 2nd option.... Sold out.... Pick 3rd option... Yep, you guessed it !! SOLD OUT !!

What the heck is going on???
Posted By: run

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:38 AM

At least my local gas station has Diesel fuel in stock.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:38 AM

Posted By: coal miner

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:40 AM

I can’t get coiled Aluminum to roll gutters
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:41 AM

Let’s go Brandon
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:46 AM

If it keeps going we will be eating beans and rice and rice and beans
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:49 AM

My Grandmother said during the depression they would sometimes eat potatoes one night and potato skins the next. She also said she has no idea what kind of meat she ate. She didn’t really care. All she knew was her Dad would go hunting and there was meat for supper!!! I sure it hope it doesn’t come to that again.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

What I have read on the shortages said 2023 is the earliest that things might go back to normal too.

I'm sick and tired of not being able to buy common items, like bread and toilet paper, I've never had trouble buying before during my entire life. Let's go Brandon!

Keith
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:02 AM

Yep the northern voters got what they wanted. Oh yes and westerners. How does it feel to be in the same class as California! LOL
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:09 AM

Let’s go Brandon
Posted By: adam m

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:27 AM

Dang that sinks. Seeing them everywhere here.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:28 AM

I'm scared it will end after this term
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:31 AM

Hey I did get my limit of 5 boxes of 20g 6 shot tonight at bass pro. $10 a box. First time I have seen shot bigger than 7.5 in a while.
Posted By: James

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by mississippiposse
Let’s go Brandon

All right, who's this Brandon?

Or is "going Brandon" a new euphemism for going crazy, berserk, whatever?

Jim
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Yep the northern voters got what they wanted. Oh yes and westerners. How does it feel to be in the same class as California! LOL

Yes us southerners in Iowa, Montana, N & S Dakotas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Indiana and Ohio, oh and south Alaska. crazy
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:49 AM

I was at Dollar General today and happened to walk down the laundry soap aisle. I didn't need any, just cutting through. Anyways, they normally have a full aisle of it. Today, not one single bottle! Plenty of bleach and fabric softener, but not a single box, bottle or bag of laundry soap. Wild.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by James
Let’s go Brandon

Jim

Do you live under a rock? lol.

There was a female reporter interviewing a Nascar driver named Brandon. The crowd was VERY clearly chanting "screw" Joe Biden. She said "listen to the crowd"....:::silence in which everyone can hear just what the crowd is chanting:::: "saying Let's Go Brandon".

It's gone completely viral with thousands of t-shirt, hats, stickers etc. sold. A rap singer made it into a song and it's currently the #1 song in the country, lol.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:57 AM

When God blesses you with a productive garden and a successful hunt LOL.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:04 AM

Let’s go Brandon

Jim

Not being mean but you are the most uniformed guy I ever talked to. Are you serious?

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:08 AM

I don't wear a uniform, Pawnee.

I don't watch the news anymore.

Jim

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:12 AM

Well, now ya know. Sure you'll be seeing a LOT of it over the next 3 years, lol.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:21 AM

Evidently there is a real good supply of Brandon T-shirts, so maybe the whole supply shortage issue is a manipulated way to get some real good profits. I am sure there is a genuine real shortage, but I also feel that many will milk this opportunity as things on this scale don't come around very often.
China's economy is slowing for several reasons and that will really factor into our supply issues as well.

Bryce

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:26 AM

Jim

I don’t blame you James it’s just depressing. Give Mark Levin a listen for a few nights or watch him Sunday on Fox News. I know that’s a lot to ask but he’s one smart Lawyer
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:37 AM

James i live under a rock to, no TV keep the fire going work ( trapping) and entertainment T Man. Life is good God is great and people are crazy.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:38 AM

Heck, I had no idea who Brandon was either--I don't watch nascar and haven't been listening to country music. But the screw biden chant is a very mild form of what my wife and I chant about Biden.
Tom

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Heck, I had no idea who Brandon was either--I don't watch nascar and haven't been listening to country music. But the screw biden chant is a very mild form of what my wife and I chant about Biden.
Tom

Well, it wasn't actually "screw", lol. I'm trying to be kid friendly here!
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 03:53 AM

LOL thats why I didn't put down what we actually say about Biden.
Tom
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 04:12 AM

when we stop needing things!

since I have't figured out how to make powder and primers , gas or oil , maybe never

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Yes us southerners in Iowa, Montana, N & S Dakotas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Indiana and Ohio, oh and south Alaska. crazy

Does that include the "Northerners" in Georgia, Maryland and Delaware, who live below the Mason Dixon Line?

Keith

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Well, now ya know. Sure you'll be seeing a LOT of it over the next 3 years, lol.

Thanks for the answer, Yote.

That's hilarious!

Jim
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 08:53 AM

the whole supply shortage issue is a manipulated
Yessir absolutely ammo to zoom-zooms.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 08:53 AM

Let’s go Brandon

Jim

A relative of yours, I would say....
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 09:02 AM

3 weeks of wood preservative chemicals left at the mill. May take 6 weeks or more, no set date to get more. Quantity storage limits prevent stocking too much. But have caught up to timber production. Milling green fence posts now, they will air dry without using the kiln till we can treat them, perhaps saving some $$. But it will be a hectic spring.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 09:29 AM

Try finding trucks to get grain to mills.

Company’s answer, purchase 2 rigs. They have now been sitting 2 months, looking for drivers. lol
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 09:43 AM

Let’s go Brandon

Jim

Your boy.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 09:43 AM

now the consumer is being blamed for shortages. sounds like ammo dont it?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/america-isnt-running-everything-just-205900297.html

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 10:08 AM

Jim

Great job, James. I'm serious.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 10:12 AM

Jim

Good call, James.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 10:40 AM

Brandon has a pulse.
Posted By: Squash

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 10:43 AM

Trucker shortage, loss of work ethic, and if the Dems are still in control of the congress, I think make 2023 wishful thinking.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 10:49 AM

Maybe 2025.
Posted By: DWC

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 11:18 AM

But Pete Buttigieg says the reason we have shortages is because Biden has does such an amazing job making the economy bounce back we are spending so much money the manufacturers and importers cant keep up. America should feel insulted. Yet these liberal (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)es just nod and say ok sounds good.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by DWC
But Pete Buttigieg says the reason we have shortages is because Biden has does such an amazing job making the economy bounce back we are spending so much money the manufacturers and importers cant keep up. America should feel insulted. Yet these liberal (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)es just nod and say ok sounds good.

He also wants to be a woman.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 11:35 AM

Jim

I wouldn't either.
Posted By: DWC

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by DWC

He also wants to be a woman.

O now be careful, Tucker Carlson got “in trouble” asking how Pete and Chasten are gonna breast feed!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

That's rich. Those yahoos can twist anything around.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

I find this hard to believe. I don't believe America became a nation of preppers overnight buying up everything they can find. I don't see that in the stores when I am shopping. During the TP shortage, I did indeed see people with full carts of TP but I've not noticed anything like that lately. I'm not buying more of anything than I ever do, and I am a moderate prepper. The one exception to that is ammo. Whenever I see boxes of an ammo we frequently use, I do grab a box or two.

But I do believe retail sales are up due to 2 reasons... the stimulus money burning a hole in people's pockets being one. The other is that with all the school/work closures continuing, people are just home more. If your kid ain't eating breakfast and lunch at school, you need to buy food to feed them. And if you're not working, or are working from home, it's easier to eat at home than eat out, especially if you live in a rural area.

It does seem like a truck driver shortage is at least part of the problem, which isn't surprising. When EVERYONE is begging for workers, it makes sense that truckers would leave their jobs for ones that pay as good or better than what they were making without requiring them to be away from home all the time.

It's kind of a perfect storm. People needing more groceries because they're home more due to covid, having the money to buy them due to government hand outs, not enough employees in the shipping/trucking/retail jobs to efficiently move the goods once they get here, and ACTUAL shortages of things not being produced (again likely due to covid shutdowns) kind of all combined to create this.

The only answer I see is opening the country wide open as in no shutdowns, and cutting off ALL extra government freebees (including the $300 kid credit that's still going on).

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:24 PM

Works for for me Ang. If you want stuff hauled do away with computer logs and figure out a way to bring truck stops back so drivers can have some pleasant down time including 24 hr restaurants
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:26 PM

Hang on this isn't going to get better as long as people are walking off their jobs over forced mandates about their health care choices.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:27 PM

Mandate a work requirement for people over 18 yrs of age. If you are not retired or disabled. You are required to work. Enforce that. Problem solved. Debt solved. Shortage solved. Economy back on track in 1yr. I would bet on that

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:32 PM

Let retired folks on SS work if they want to. Who cares if they're making "too much" on SS. $18000/yr is considered "too much". If someone wants to work let them work!

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:34 PM

One thing it has done is made the phrase “they are waiting on you” a truth making dispatchers no longer the liars they once were. lol

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
Mandate a work requirement for people over 18 yrs of age. If you are not retired or disabled. You are required to work. Enforce that. Problem solved. Debt solved. Shortage solved. Economy back on track in 1yr. I would bet on that

Don't we have enough mandates already?

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 12:47 PM

The best way to fix problems is rescind laws. In fact most laws. We really only need anti theft anti assault laws.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 01:43 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 02:36 PM

The US is being brought DOWN to the rest of the world's standards. Be patient it takes time destroy a nation.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 04:31 PM

I fear country is in the process of coasting to a stop. May eventually hit the wall and come to a dead stop.

Just some random examples......started a few months back. A Taco Bell shut down midweek......closed and not open at all. Could not get help. Then some McDonalds closed inside........drive thru only. Was said to be Covid related, but mostly due to lack of help. Then last week, local McDonalds closed entirely.....no help to run it.

Went to two different places to eat yesterday......two different towns....both open.....drive thru only......... but both out of nearly half of food on the menu. Finally got down to what do you have?

Help wanted signs up all over.....nothing moving for lack of effort.

Strangest times I've ever lived through. People who are not working have all kinds of money to buy stuff that doesn't exist cause nobody is working.
Posted By: Marty

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 04:46 PM

hayday is onto something....^^.

It really a bizzarro world. Up is down and bad is good.....never have we seen large crowds chant f--- the potus. Then on the other side they will cancel you for being a white conservative..go thru your past back 50 years looking for one sentence that they can use..

Fear is their weapon and when there is no fuel/food people will be very afraid. Plus any 'event' will add to the panic/fear....natural or manmade.....like a grid down. Imagine empty food shelves, no gas and a grid down in the dead of winter...they are working on the first two, although we had achieved energy independence but that was bad, and they can cancel the grid anytime they want too.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Marty

It really a bizzarro world. Up is down and bad is good.....never have we seen large crowds chant f--- the potus. Then on the other side they will cancel you for being a white conservative..go thru your past back 50 years looking for one sentence that they can use..

Fear is their weapon and when there is no fuel/food people will be very afraid. Plus any 'event' will add to the panic/fear....natural or manmade.....like a grid down. Imagine empty food shelves, no gas and a grid down in the dead of winter...they are working on the first two, although we had achieved energy independence but that was bad, and they can cancel the grid anytime they want too.

A year ago I would have called this a crazy conspiracy theory but I'm not so sure anymore.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 04:59 PM

People who knew this a year ago were just insightful, yet today many folks will still not listen to what they are now saying....and many people still think everything is going to be fine, just look at the is America done thread.

One thing is for sure those in power now will not allow any loss in 2022, they will make sure they gain by hook or by crook. That is why they are transporting illegals in the middle of the night all over the USA on your dime.....and will support them on your dime for years to come...

They need a crisis to instill fear and dependence so they can implement the new green deal and do away with internal combustion engines. biden made an exec order that by 2030 50% of vehicles made would be electric.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/biden-sign-order-50-us-auto-sales-electric-2030/
Posted By: hippie

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by stinkypete

Don't we have enough mandates already?

Yep, that's why there's no truck drivers to move the goods sitting beside the shipyards.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:05 PM

biden order the shipyards to work 24/7 unloading ships so the chinese would get their ships back sooner....now the good's sit in the yards instead of on the ships..he did nothing to help the real problem....he helped the chinks.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:06 PM

We can put a hurt on the grid ourselves.
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:07 PM

Build Back Lower Expectations!!!

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:34 PM

People who knew this a year ago were just insightful, yet today many folks will still not listen to what they are now saying....and many people still think everything is going to be fine, just look at the is America done thread.

One thing is for sure those in power now will not allow any loss in 2022, they will make sure they gain by hook or by crook. That is why they are transporting illegals in the middle of the night all over the USA on your dime.....and will support them on your dime for years to come...

They need a crisis to instill fear and dependence so they can implement the new green deal and do away with internal combustion engines. biden made an exec order that by 2030 50% of vehicles made would be electric.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/biden-sign-order-50-us-auto-sales-electric-2030/

That's where you lose me. How would crashing the grid and eliminating electric power work towards the goal of forcing people to buy cars that run on... electric power?

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:36 PM

That's where you lose me. How would crashing the grid and eliminating electric power work towards the goal of forcing people to buy cars that run on... electric power?

I think he is talking about creating fear to gain compliance.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:39 PM

I mean, I get that, but after the grid came back on the last thing I would want to do is run out and buy an electric car, lol.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lazarus
Build Back Lower Expectations!!!

“You will own nothing and be happy.”

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 05:52 PM

Create fear, then dependence, then compliance and then turn things back on....but I never said 100% that the grid would go down I said imagine if it did...plus they do not want to do away with electricity they want to do away with fossil fuel power...coal/gas/diesel/gasoline...and if it is mandated that 1/2 of vehicles made are electric there will be a shortage of non electric new vehicles. I wonder if electric vehicle manufacturing right now is effected the same as non electric vehicles by the chip shortage? Anyway, these folks have a grip on power and will not let that go plus they have major changes in mind and they have a track record of using civil crisis to achieve their objectives (floyd violence/riots are an example of that).

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 06:10 PM

I have a hard time understanding those that feel there is more profit in more production, hiring more labor and driving more miles etc. Sure expanding a profitable business makes good sense, but in reality nothing is better for profit then a higher price per item. Production does not come cheap but price is free to get, so if I were running a business that makes me a good profit due to shortage in supply or numbers with less labor, I would be hesitant to expand to add more supply. We read post after post on here where we won't trap coons because they are not profitable enough to trap. The same goes for any business where there are substantial production and labor costs.
Sure is a lot more profit in selling 200 coons at $20 each then 800 coons at $5 each and way less, time, gas, labor and other ancillary costs. We seem to understand when and why to trap and not to trap but don't understand that other businesses have very similar financial patterns as well, be that $4,000 in coon hides or 40 billion in oil or whatever.

Bryce
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 06:17 PM

I find it fascinating that people just aren't happy.
Capitalists clamor for communism
Communists labor towards capitalism

It's like an episode of "As the World Turns."

Blessings,
Mark

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
I have a hard time understanding those that feel there is more profit in more production, hiring more labor and driving more miles etc. Sure expanding a profitable business makes good sense, but in reality nothing is better for profit then a higher price per item. Production does not come cheap but price is free to get, so if I were running a business that makes me a good profit due to shortage in supply or numbers with less labor, I would be hesitant to expand to add more supply. We read post after post on here where we won't trap coons because they are not profitable enough to trap. The same goes for any business where there are substantial production and labor costs.
Sure is a lot more profit in selling 200 coons at $20 each then 800 coons at $5 each and way less, time, gas, labor and other ancillary costs. We seem to understand when and why to trap and not to trap but don't understand that other businesses have very similar financial patterns as well, be that $4,000 in coon hides or 40 billion in oil or whatever.

Bryce
well stated.
Posted By: Dan Barnhurst

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 06:58 PM

The new normal if the woke people don't wake up.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 07:49 PM

Let's at least hope ammo manufacturers keep making ammo. Surely some companies will manage to keep the doors open.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 08:28 PM

For now, I'm seeing all these shortages as being caused by gross incompetence on the part of those running the Gubmint as opposed to anything sinister. Paying people more to sit at home doing nothing while jobs doing something productive go begging.....is just plain idiotic. And it seems they are bent on doubling down on stupid by passing yet another stimulus bill.

But if it does turn out to be sinister..........and this is all on purpose.......that extra ammo is going to come in handy.
Posted By: charles

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/20/21 09:02 PM

I was in a mountain tourist town today for a meeting. We went to four restaurants, all closed. The fifth was a coffee shop with a few deli sandwiches. This is the height of the tourist season. The town was packed but restaurants were closed. Go figure.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 04:10 AM

Yes that would be something to have millions of firearms on hand now ammo to use. One could always run around with your firearm and go "bang", "bang" like we did when we were kids. It would sure save on a lot of cleaning products, gun oil etc. If it would ever come to that, we would all quickly learn or see where the allotments would go or would not go. I am sure military and security would win the day in those situations.
Bryce

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 04:16 AM

The next time you are in the store and can't purchase what you need have them page your friend Lesco Brandon.

Keith

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 11:06 AM

Not sure when it ends but it’s easy to see what is happening. The current mandates cause shortages of labor and that causes shortages in supplies. This allows big brother to step in and grab more power. Doesn’t matter if it’s nurses in NY or food on he self in KS.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by run

Bryce
well stated.

Well stated? I disagree.

The market will always win out or at least it should. If a business has their prices too high from an induced shortage eventually someone will find a way to do it cheaper, undercut your prices and put you out of business. At least that is how it should work, now when we are in bizarre land and everyone is bailed out either directly or indirectly all bets are off.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 11:20 AM

Well said Steven
Posted By: Joe1

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 01:59 PM

one thing trapping has controlled is number of fur buyers as long as cheap coon keep get put on the market dont expect more buyers or better markets way to go keep trapping
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 02:18 PM

Michigan was Red as heck except for a very few counties......unfortunatly one Blue area was Detroit, and they cheated too. That area dominates us because of population, causing our whole state to flip over. 99.9% of my home state is as Red as Red can be..........Lets Go Brandon!

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 03:15 PM

Short term high prices do favor others to get in the game for sure, but it is not the American business model to be looking further down the road, they are running huge companies on quarterly revenue statements and when they see an opportunity that could last 1, 2 or even 3 years they are living a dream and with those revenues that they get piled up can and do thwart the recent upstarts easily and quickly. How many small upstart, supply, delivery and smaller manufacturing firms have been started in the last couple years? With all that UE around, getting started should have been easier, especially with easy credit, but that has not happened, there have been millions leaving jobs with smaller less stable firms and flocking to the big firms like Amazon etc. This pandemic has in a very, very short time changed the labor and workforce for the foreseeable future if not forever.

Bryce
Posted By: bodycount

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 04:48 PM

Get your affairs in order folks. The ship is sinking fast. My traps are stored and will be needed to trap for meat on my land if I can keep all the immigrants off my property. Who knows if our foreign enemies will take over the U.S. or not. We are so weak now with current so-called leadership. I keep praying for Trump to return and save us. I believe China let loose Covid at Nancy Pelosi urging them to do so. She has such a hate for Trump and Covid helped defeat him. God bless America.

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 05:03 PM

Yes, china manufactured and released covid to get rid of Trump....I agree.
Posted By: hippie

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by bodycount
Get your affairs in order folks. The ship is sinking fast. My traps are stored and will be needed to trap for meat on my land if I can keep all the immigrants off my property. Who knows if our foreign enemies will take over the U.S. or not. We are so weak now with current so-called leadership. I keep praying for Trump to return and save us. I believe China let loose Covid at Nancy Pelosi urging them to do so. She has such a hate for Trump and Covid helped defeat him. God bless America.

It sounds far fetched until you think about the democrat governors coordinating to make it worse by putting infected patients back in nursing homes. Then it makes complete sense.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 05:19 PM

Pelosi visited China in late 2019. Soon after all h--- broke loose with covid spreading like wildfire. I believe all the pieces to the puzzle fit.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 05:56 PM

I went to buy a Wix oil filter at our local O'Reillys. They were out of them. I said, OK, how about a different brand for my 2018 Silverado? He said they didn't have anything for that vehicle, but could order something and have it by next week probably.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/21/21 11:26 PM

Short term high prices do favor others to get in the game for sure, but it is not the American business model to be looking further down the road, they are running huge companies on quarterly revenue statements and when they see an opportunity that could last 1, 2 or even 3 years they are living a dream and with those revenues that they get piled up can and do thwart the recent upstarts easily and quickly. How many small upstart, supply, delivery and smaller manufacturing firms have been started in the last couple years? With all that UE around, getting started should have been easier, especially with easy credit, but that has not happened, there have been millions leaving jobs with smaller less stable firms and flocking to the big firms like Amazon etc. This pandemic has in a very, very short time changed the labor and workforce for the foreseeable future if not forever.

Bryce

A large part of the reason small businesses are having a harder time of starting up is because of government intervention into the free market.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: When is this shortage going to end??? - 10/22/21 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by HayDay
For now, I'm seeing all these shortages as being caused by gross incompetence on the part of those running the Gubmint as opposed to anything sinister. Paying people more to sit at home doing nothing while jobs doing something productive go begging.....is just plain idiotic. And it seems they are bent on doubling down on stupid by passing yet another stimulus bill.

But if it does turn out to be sinister..........and this is all on purpose.......that extra ammo is going to come in handy.

This is not stupidity at work here. This is the dismantling of America right in our faces. They have nothing to fear from the people anymore. Laws don't matter, election's don't matter. They stole our government and we did nothing to stop it. They will never give it back. It will have to be fought for, or submit, kinda looks like we already did.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums