Home

Bear attacks WI Bowhunter

Posted By: Green Bay

Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 10:32 AM

https://www.leadertelegram.com/news...GFurl_Sb1D0lCtxk2n9Wz3y4SNu61U3H8xxDcp2E
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 11:55 AM

Link directs to a pay window. Can't read article.

Chris
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 12:01 PM

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/i...-prospect-bit-by-bear-while-bow-hunting/

Try this one

Ol dad
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 12:31 PM

Wild Story
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 01:27 PM

I am not much for warning shots but , that is why when it is time to put the cell phone away it is time to pull the pistol and put one across the bow and get ready to put several more in the bear if he decides he likes that tree.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 01:34 PM

A quote from the article. " He also got his first of what will be 22 injections of the rabies vaccine." 22 injections?
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 01:55 PM

Thanks. Wow!

Chris
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 01:55 PM

I've had that hpen several times but never had one touch me.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 01:57 PM

I have had many bears climb my tree or the tree next to me, smell my boots, look me in the eye, paws on my stand,etc. It is cool. I get he had no experience but to let the bear bite you and be behind with no prior noise, standing up. If i can watch them fine but behind you.
Posted By: D.T.

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 01:58 PM

This is the second “attack” ive heard of this week and the hunters did everything wrong. Sitting there, letting the bear climb the tree, not realizing its behind you until it sniffs you like biden and puts its paw in your lap… thats dumb. Maybe stand up. Yell at it. Do anything, anything but sitting there quietly and letting it climb your tree into your blind spot.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 02:37 PM

If I ever get mauled it will be by a tough son of a gun because I would have already injected about 1000 grains of hot lead moving at 13 or 1400 fps.

I suck at being a victim

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by MJM
A quote from the article. " He also got his first of what will be 22 injections of the rabies vaccine." 22 injections?

1 shot might save you 22
Posted By: Boco

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 04:46 PM

This sounds stupid.
The guy is hunting,why isnt that bear skinned,gutted and ready for the sausage grinder?

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
This sounds stupid.
The guy is hunting,why isnt that bear skinned,gutted and ready for the sausage grinder?

no bear tag

kill one with out a tag and you pay big fine and no hunting 5 years unless you can prove it was self defense then you may likely not get to keep it any way

got to the base of his tree or when it started up the tree he should have shouted at least
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 06:36 PM

Self defense is justifiable fir shooting an animal. This was self defense and would have pretty easy to prove. With that said so many other thing to have done in advance of being bit.
I usually have an exit tree I can jump to in mind as well.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 07:08 PM

I am guessing the hunter is a Packers fan.

Moosetrot

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Self defense is justifiable fir shooting an animal. This was self defense and would have pretty easy to prove. With that said so many other thing to have done in advance of being bit.
I usually have an exit tree I can jump to in mind as well.

how do you prove self defense before you get bit

bottom of the tree is plenty close enough

should have shouted get bear get or barked loudly , yelled , something at least he had the sense to put his phone down

I figure if you get your pistol out when it is getting near your tree and put one over the bow before it has a chance to get on the tree once it has had it's warning shot if it isn't running it's getting the rest

I suppose if you have a low capacity gun , yell first then shoot if it continues at you.

you could I suppose yell on video when it is 20 feet from your tree to show you tried for the warden then get that phone away and the gun out

waiting till you can feel it's breath is a bad idea
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/20/21 11:35 PM

I just don't see the rationale or the value in recording a video clip so you can be on you tube and let a bear bite you so you can spend thousands in medical expenses! The guy is a pitcher I would have been hurling something. I don't think the clip will come off with the impact or effect that the posters were looking for. There could have been some food smelling substance in a back pack and that certainly would attract a young hungry bear looking to den up soon.

Bryce
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Bear attacks WI Bowhunter - 10/21/21 09:29 AM

I've had bear climb the tree I'M in they never make it pass my feet , yell, stomp feet , shoot
© 2024 Trapperman Forums