Home

Russia

Posted By: Chancey

Russia - 10/21/21 02:37 AM

Hobbie's post got me thinking about this......

I have never lived in Russia, nor do I know anything about the current state of affairs for the average citizen over there other than what I see on TV and read on the internet.

With that said, it appears to be a pretty nice place to live. Lots of trapping opportunity and also seems to be very open to Christian ideals, while not supporting radical Islam. They don't put up with political correctness.
I know many of us have seen the movie "Happy People", but I also like the movie "Agafia".

Recently, Putin fixed broken wounds with the Orthodox Church of Russia. I read that his mother visited the Holy Land and was a devout Christian. I see Putin on columns and he likes to hunt and fish. He also wears a cross as a necklace that I read his momma gave him.

It appears that Russia is in very good order both monetarily and militarily. I read that Russia has plenty of gold supplies and some of the worlds largest natural gas and coal supplies. Recently, Russia built a pipeline for natural gas to help energy starved Europe. Also read that their new nuclear submarines are much more sophisticated than ours???.

I'm only 42 years old and only experienced the very end of the Cold War. When I talk to my mom, she despises Russia and believes they are the enemy and swears that you cannot trust them.

All I know, is that the Russians seem to be running a better country than we are financially, militarily, politically, and economically.

I don't for a second think that Putin or Russia is in America's best interest; but unfortunately, I don't think our current government is either. Chancey
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:53 AM

Place I use to work sold a fair amount of equipment to Russia. The guys that went over their to set it up and teach them to run it didn't speak to highly of being over their. That was about 10 years ago. The average citizen lives pretty poor compared to US. Nobody was very motivated about anything. Most of the workers at the plant were pretty drunk my noon and the crime mafia had the hand in everything.
Posted By: James

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:53 AM

If you think Russia is better run than the US, why don't you move there forthwith?

Jim

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:59 AM

Good info Yes Sir. Thanks for sharing. I hear so many differing things regarding this enormous country. I've heard that situations there are so pitiful in Siberia and elsewhere that all the men are a bunch of drunkards and do not respect their women.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:04 AM

Russia is certainly being run better than the USA at the current time...but any moron would know that....except the libs, even a moron is smarter than them.......
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:04 AM

Chancey

If you can find it read Mig Pilot. It explains Russia really well.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:06 AM

I have spoke with russians visiting,working or trying to immigrate here here quite often.They all say people in russia are very poor compared to people in Canada.
They dont like it over there.And never heard anything good said about Putin.
Ukrainians hate the Russians.Met quite a few of them here too over the years.Lots of Ukrainian decent in western Canada also.My buddy' brother married a Ukrainian woman-very nice woman and well educated,but nothing good to say about Russia.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:09 AM

Couldn't agree with you more, Chancey. Wife and I were talking about somewhere to go that ain't crazy, and I brought up Russia. Everyone has been told for years that they are the boogeyman and to hate them! Putin is kinda a macho man, but would rather have a macho man than a dope or queer! Whole dang world is crazy anymore. Elections have consequences!
Posted By: danvee

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:11 AM

Putoin just closed the country down because of Covid same stuff goes on there the rich run the world and its all about money the root of all problems

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Chancey

If you can find it read Mig Pilot. It explains Russia really well.

Thank you Oh Snap! Trying to find it now.....seems a hard to get book. Chancey

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Couldn't agree with you more, Chancey. Wife and I were talking about somewhere to go that ain't crazy, and I brought up Russia. Everyone has been told for years that they are the boogeyman and to hate them! Putin is kinda a macho man, but would rather have a macho man than a dope or queer! Whole dang world is crazy anymore. Elections have consequences!

Mr. Steinmeyer,
We see eye and eye together. Please know that my family prays for yours and thank your son for his service! Salt of the earth people are getting harder and harder to come by. Chancey

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:32 AM

[quote=danvee]Putoin just closed the country down because of Covid same stuff goes on there the rich run the world and its all about money the root of all proble

Good post Danvee.

If Putin closed his country down due to Covid, then I just lost some respect for him.

Manmade worldwide virus needs a manmade worldwide cure. Just look at Moderna's stock fluctuation in the last year. A few thousand dollars this time last year, lands one 10s of thousands now.

I guess my biggest problem with this all is that it is our elderly POLITIICIANS in HIGH POSITIONS across the globe that are pushing this. Either they have stock in it or, they are scared because they have no redemption. Chancey
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:53 AM

I am sure they will welcome you readily if you desire to go. We have had many Russian younger men working on our large dairy farms here to earn money so they can buy land or farms either some place else or in Russia. They could not earn enough working in Russia to save money to buy farm land. They were able to get better visas then many as almost all of them spoke good English, many had degrees beyond HS equivalent. The extra time on their visas allowed them more opportunity to find ways to become citizens here or elsewhere. The WI technical College system had several groups of Ukrainians come to the US for Ag classes and several instructors from here went there to teach as well. Yes the Ukrainians did not like Russia or Russians. It was or is amazing how educated all that I met or worked with were but how limited they were in financial planning, business plans or managing businesses. The USSR and or Russian system just never taught business ownership or how to run or manage businesses. It could well have been by design, as many times when we were teaching our business management type classes there would be "guests" from the government in those classes.

Bryce
Posted By: danvee

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:54 AM

The rich are such a small portion of the population but they control it all. Politicians are just a tool of the rich. It don't matter what country they are from, color, sex or anything else. Consider this, have you ever heard or a Poor politician?? Putin has ever thing he wants and the rest are just their pawns to do their bidding and keep them going. They keep the wars, turmoil and strife going between us the slaves they keep our eyes focused on something to distract us from the real problems while they rob us in every way. They talk about making things better but it never changes. It doesn't matter what country the rich get richer and we get poorer and keep them served. Biden, Trump, Bush, ,Obama, Clinton, do you see any of them doing any work or worried about their next house payment or feeding their kids. Did any of them really do anything to change your life? Its just smoke and mirrors, don't matter what country.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
I am sure they will welcome you readily if you desire to go. We have had many Russian younger men working on our large dairy farms here to earn money so they can buy land or farms either some place else or in Russia. They could not earn enough working in Russia to save money to buy farm land. They were able to get better visas then many as almost all of them spoke good English, many had degrees beyond HS equivalent. The extra time on their visas allowed them more opportunity to find ways to become citizens here or elsewhere. The WI technical College system had several groups of Ukrainians come to the US for Ag classes and several instructors from here went there to teach as well. Yes the Ukrainians did not like Russia or Russians. It was or is amazing how educated all that I met or worked with were but how limited they were in financial planning, business plans or managing businesses. The USSR and or Russian system just never taught business ownership or how to run or manage businesses. It could well have been by design, as many times when we were teaching our business management type classes there would be "guests" from the government in those classes.

Bryce

Thank you for your response Bryce. I always value your input on here; particularly on farm, ranch, and commodities.
I bolded the sentence above because I would like your thoughts on it. Do you think that a current college aged kid that has a good work ethic and a degree in agronomy, horticulture, or ag economics could by a farm in this country to start his own farm from scratch?

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Chancey
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

Mr. Steinmeyer,
We see eye and eye together. Please know that my family prays for yours and thank your son for his service! Salt of the earth people are getting harder and harder to come by. Chancey

Thank you Chancey, that was a very nice thing to say, and I'll pass your words on to my son. Will you be at the spring Tx rondy in April, if so wouldd like to shake your hand and sit a spell!
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:10 AM

You know this country is in dire straits when Putin is thought of higher than the dimwit, moron we have in the Oval Office.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:22 AM

Probably not as things are going here now but with those degrees, knowledge and work background you will make way, way more income here then in Russia. If you found the right opportunity you could become an LLC partner or co-owner here more likely than in Russia. Also the real problem in Russia is they have never really established a very good marketing system or the infrastructure to support a food system or almost any other system for that matter. Also there is a lot of high level corruption to deal with as well. Russia has a very well established oil, fertilizer and vodka system. The first two mostly for exports and getting the rich, richer. The vodka is the revenue that runs the government through taxes and with some of the highest rates of alcohol addiction in the world that is good for the government but really hurts worker productivity.
Due to corruption, poor business education and not knowing how to create a private sector economy, democracy or capitalism that creates working and middle class cultures never has happened. There has never been a "honeymoon" time for Russians after the breakup of the union and there may well never be any.

Bryce

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:26 AM

Yes Sir, Mr. Steinmeyer, the wind blows both ways. I will make sure I am there to shake your hand this spring. I wasn't able to make the fall rondy this past weekend, but my uncle went and told me about it. My uncle taught me everything I know about trapping when I was a young boy; and then I was fortunate to learn more about it from men like you. Stinks, that I didn't make it because this falls' rondy was in Gatesville which is much closer to home. In the old days, the fall rondy was always in Dublin and the spring rondy would change from year to year.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
Probably not as things are going here now but with those degrees, knowledge and work background you will make way, way more income here then in Russia. If you found the right opportunity you could become an LLC partner or co-owner here more likely than in Russia. Also the real problem in Russia is they have never really established a very good marketing system or the infrastructure to support a food system or almost any other system for that matter. Also there is a lot of high level corruption to deal with as well. Russia has a very well established oil, fertilizer and vodka system. The first two mostly for exports and getting the rich, richer. The vodka is the revenue that runs the government through taxes and with some of the highest rates of alcohol addiction in the world that is good for the government but really hurts worker productivity.
Due to corruption, poor business education and not knowing how to create a private sector economy, democracy or capitalism that creates working and middle class cultures never has happened. There has never been a "honeymoon" time for Russians after the breakup of the union and there may well never be any.

Bryce

Thank you for the insight and real world experience Bryce. Your contributions on this forum are greatly appreciated by me, and I am sure many others.

I just got back from visiting with farmers in SW Minnesota. I am so envious of ya'lls mollisol soils! Never in my raising have I seen a gopher digging in our blackland vertisols! Chancey
Posted By: waggler

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:45 AM

Russia has changed a lot in the past 10-20 years. Sure, the oligarchs still run a lot of the big money stuff, but Putin has really clamped down on the mafia types. A small entrepreneur can now successfully run a business. The Russian people love him for that.

Our media is feeding us a bunch of anti Russian propaganda, why? Because the leftist in this Country hate that Russia now protects and actually promotes Christian beliefs and ideology. A few year ago Putin had one of their governmental agencies contract with an American Christian pro-family organization to introduce and teach some of that organizations
beliefs in Russia; I think the organization is Focus on the Family.

Russia has clamped down on some outside supposedly "Christian" denominations, it is their desire to keep various false Christian cults out of Russia. A couple of times some rather innocent organizations have been inadvertently targeted. But overall Russia is trying to protect Christianity.

The leftist in the USA feel betrayed by Russia ever since Russia discarded Marxism.

I was raised during the cold-war era, and was taught to despise the "Godless Soviet Communist Russia". Who would have ever guessed the crazy flip- flop we have seen take place; it's hard to believe.
Posted By: James

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 08:52 AM

Waggler, do you have many Russian clients?

When I hunted in South Africa, the PH told me he hated to have Russian clients, and had begun turning them down. He said they drank a ton, and didn't do a lot of hunting. On his last bunch, when one guy finally did shoot an impala, he took his shirt off and posed next to the animal. THEN each of the others took their shirts off and posed, as if they had shot it.

Jim
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 10:04 AM

I have a friend with advanced degrees in agriculture and plant pathology. He went to Russia and the Ukraine with a team from the USDA to teach farmers new farming methods. He said the whole trip was BS, just a feel good "knowledge exchange" trip so bureaucrats on both sides could say they did something.

But his observations were:
  • Russia and Ukraine were high crime areas. He traveled long distances by train and had to keep his luggage tied to his body so it didn't get stolen while he slept and they took shifts staying awake.
  • Huge problem with alcoholism. We have a problem here in the US but no where close to the problem there.
  • There are tons of beautiful women throwing themselves at Americans - especially in Ukraine. He wondered if they were hoping for a better life in America or if they were trying to lure him back to their room so someone could rob and kill him.
  • There was a general moral decline that hasn't quite happened here yet.

To comment on what I suspect is Chancey's point: I don't know where you go if the current political and social direction of America makes it to it's destination. My wife and I have talked about it. When the rest of the world was following this path, those who loved freedom and independence could come here. Where else is there if we're gone?
Posted By: run

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by James

When I hunted in South Africa, the PH told me he hated to have Russian clients, and had begun turning them down. He said they drank a ton, and didn't do a lot of hunting. On his last bunch, when one guy finally did shoot an impala, he took his shirt off and posed next to the animal. THEN each of the others took their shirts off and posed, as if they had shot it.

Jim

That's a funny story.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 10:50 AM

My oldest daughter is scheduled to spend the next two or three years in Moscow. She was supposed to have been there by now but the Russian government is infamous for playing games with foreign workers. So far they have not approved her visa.

She has always been fascinated by Russian culture.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 10:55 AM

All I know is my son in law works with a guy that immigrated to the USA from Russia. He told him that the USA is starting to turn into the Russia he fled from.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 11:03 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Russians are still Russians. No thanks.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 11:12 AM

Russians are a bunch of wusses.
When they first started to play hockey against us Canucks they got the tar beat out of them and walked off the ice in the middle of the game and were going home.
Their bosses told them to get back out on the ice and get beat some more when they found out they wouldnt get paid for being crybaby quitters.

Some in the NHL today are tougher,they come here as kids to play in the major juniors and take their licks to get toughened up for the NHL.
But Hockey has been diluted with the Russians Europeans and Americans in the league nowadays,compared to hockeys golden days.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 11:19 AM

I think there are some Germans who wouldn't be so sure that Russians are wusses.

That said Putin is not a good guy in any sense of the word.

I would agree boco, Canadian hockey players are tough.

Originally Posted by Squash
All I know is my son in law works with a guy that immigrated to the USA from Russia. He told him that the USA is starting to turn into the Russia he fled from.

That is the truth, the federal government took lessons from the mafia and are acting like it but better and efficiently. They get to hide under the laws they made.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 11:22 AM

LOL, a “bunch of wusses,” that’s what Napoleon and Hitler thought.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 11:27 AM

Chauncey,

You might as well do the best you can, where you are, with what you have, right smack dab here in the US of A as the ever coalescing and collaborating world awaits thee passionate, smooth-talking, brilliant "one" who will promise the whole world peace and prosperity....

...to whom most (not all) everyone in every country will cheer, "you are the one who will bring peace and prosperity! Finally! I'm so sick of this mess! Thankfully you've come to lead us!"
I'm of the opinion that more and more each day, more and more people in this country would follow a leader rather than the founding principles of this country. The man over the principles kind of thing.

It's quite fascinating that in a few short years a worldwide currency has so quickly emerged. And gaining at warp speed too.
Fascinating.
Crypto makes sense - one currency worldwide.
Well...they'll be a bunch of "worldwide" categories - economic, governmental, religious, all of it, at some point.
When exactly?
God only knows.

Fascinating also that certain props and stage settings must be in place as the final times emerge, and Covid showed everyone that a worldwide theme can be EASILY deployed and every country will follow along. In a matter of days.

As we roll along.

All is well my friend. All is very well.
Trust in that and go trapping asap!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 11:35 AM

The french and germans(more wusses) walked all over russia-until winter did them in.
Canucks love winter.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 11:40 AM

Now Boco friend, you do know that when the boozing hose dries up, the Canucks take their puck and go home, right?

You Canucks always need that antifreeze for the cold nights and you might quit on whoever without it. laugh

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 11:48 AM

Putin is just learning how to be a politician and showing the rest of the world what the want to see. Russia use to only care about Russia and could care less what the rest of the world thinks of them. Putin has his eyes set on the bigger picture now and is playing the part. Putin is just deploying a different tactic to gain the same results. Look at what Russia does not what Putin says
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 12:58 PM

My perspective on Russia and Russians. I'll try to keep it short. I lived in the Russian Far East in 1993 and 1994, went back and forth a couple times up until 2001 (hunting and trapping and visiting my In-laws).

1. We get our information concerning Russia from the same "news" outlets that we know have an agenda. They don't report the news, they "make" the news with their commentary. Why would we expect anything truthful about Russia when we know they won't give us the truth about our own country?

2. Overall, my impressions are that European Russia and Asian Russia are two different places, similar to our east and west coasts compared to the heartland. Very different philosophically, culturally, and historically.

3. Communism/socialism for nearly 100 years took away the people's incentive to work. With socialism, anyone that actually works, is ostracized by others, and must go down to the lowest common denominator to "fit in". You get paid the same (virtually nothing) whether you work or not.

4. Far Eastern Russia, Siberia, the people are generally very intelligent and resourceful (I don't know about European Russians), but their form of government has taken away all incentive (much like the US is doing today).

5. Putin has been good for the country. I'm sure this statement will get a lot of argument. But, generally, your information is from our MSN that we know is bogus. He's been in power for decades. He gets the vast majority of the votes at their elections, which are probably more secure and above-board than our own elections. From what I saw living in Russia and, for all practical purposes, being a Russian, was that most people really liked Putin and what he was doing to bring them into the modern world (toward capitalism) was very good.

6. I see us constantly headed toward socialism, while Putin is going the opposite direction, toward capitalism. To me, very disappointing and disturbing for us, but very exciting for the Russians.

7. On the other hand, I'm still very glad to be an American, but that is changing with every passing day as I see the madness and utter stupidity in our political arena.

Jack

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 01:06 PM

Well said, Jack! This is also how I feel, and those that believe the MSM's lies are just letting the lefties win.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 01:20 PM

Jim

James, no I have not had any Russian clients, but if I ever do I imagine thaey would probably act just as you describe. I've had a couple of wealthy Americans who have acted similar to how you describe Russian clients.

However, I do have about 100 Russian friends and acquaintances who would never act as you described.

There is a class of Russians who do tend to act like jerks, plenty of American jerks also.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 01:36 PM

Russia does have a terrible alcohol problem, and a lot of other bad societal issues brought on largely by 70 years of godless Marxism.
Putin recognizes that Christianity has the answer to these problems.
The leftists in the USA hate him for this reason.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:30 PM

I hope guys are right about Putin in regards to Christianity and capitalism. The guy has spent a life time amassing great power and wealth. Nothing corrupts a man easier than those two things.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:34 PM

On his last bunch, when one guy finally did shoot an impala, he took his shirt off and posed next to the animal.

Can we make this an American tradition? LOL
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:44 PM

I once read somewhere that Putin is the richest man in the world when you add up his assets. Proof that communism works for people like him and creates two classes of people: the very rich and the very poor.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:47 PM

I visited Russia (Moscow region) for extended stays around 2007/2008 with plans on moving there.

Its important to remember that the Russians that have immigrated to the west for a reason and have a chip on their shoulder regarding the Russian economy and politics.

I've found the average Russian to be similar to the average American. Can complain about anything but very patriotic. In the urban areas, the infrastructure I would say is better than here. The rural areas are a completely different story, its like a 3rd world country. The rural communities were propped up during the soviet days and now without that artificial support, they are slowly being abandoned.

Russia does have a homesteading program for the far east. Also in the smaller communities, you can purchase an apartment for about a $1,000. If that appeals to you, go get it.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
I once read somewhere that Putin is the richest man in the world when you add up his assets. Proof that communism works for people like him and creates two classes of people: the very rich and the very poor.

Pretty sure Russia hasn't been communist for a while now.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:48 PM

Putin is a capitalist...

But yeah.....Russia has its fair share of oligarchs. And most of them keep their money in London.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:50 PM

I study sometimes with a Christian man from Russia. I've never asked Paul about Putin. I plan to.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 02:56 PM

^^^^^
Mark, in my earlier posts I don't want you to think I'm saying that Putin is a Christian (maybe he is??), but he does seem to realize that Christian principles work for creating a better society.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
^^^^^
Mark, in my earlier posts I don't want you to think I'm saying that Putin is a Christian (maybe he is??), but he does seem to realize that Christian principles work for creating a better society.

One thing that Putin was very conscious about 20 years ago was the importance of the Orthodox church to the national identity. He might not be the best Christian but he does understand the unifying effect that a national church can have. He has done similarly with Islam in the central republics. He wants strong communities.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
On his last bunch, when one guy finally did shoot an impala, he took his shirt off and posed next to the animal.

Can we make this an American tradition? LOL

I'll do it if u will lol
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gulo
My perspective on Russia and Russians. I'll try to keep it short. I lived in the Russian Far East in 1993 and 1994, went back and forth a couple times up until 2001 (hunting and trapping and visiting my In-laws).

1. We get our information concerning Russia from the same "news" outlets that we know have an agenda. They don't report the news, they "make" the news with their commentary. Why would we expect anything truthful about Russia when we know they won't give us the truth about our own country?

2. Overall, my impressions are that European Russia and Asian Russia are two different places, similar to our east and west coasts compared to the heartland. Very different philosophically, culturally, and historically.

3. Communism/socialism for nearly 100 years took away the people's incentive to work. With socialism, anyone that actually works, is ostracized by others, and must go down to the lowest common denominator to "fit in". You get paid the same (virtually nothing) whether you work or not.

4. Far Eastern Russia, Siberia, the people are generally very intelligent and resourceful (I don't know about European Russians), but their form of government has taken away all incentive (much like the US is doing today).

5. Putin has been good for the country. I'm sure this statement will get a lot of argument. But, generally, your information is from our MSN that we know is bogus. He's been in power for decades. He gets the vast majority of the votes at their elections, which are probably more secure and above-board than our own elections. From what I saw living in Russia and, for all practical purposes, being a Russian, was that most people really liked Putin and what he was doing to bring them into the modern world (toward capitalism) was very good.

6. I see us constantly headed toward socialism, while Putin is going the opposite direction, toward capitalism. To me, very disappointing and disturbing for us, but very exciting for the Russians.

7. On the other hand, I'm still very glad to be an American, but that is changing with every passing day as I see the madness and utter stupidity in our political arena.

Jack

Well written, Jack, on every point . Thank you for your info, from experience. And I feel just as you do , about the state of our wonderful country . Mark Levin's book, American Marxism, is very revealing , but sobering as well. I have an acquaintance who lives in Western Russia , Yana Danlovik , who sculpts resin model horses and sells them internationally. I have bought two of them to paint , from her. She is online freely, and makes decent income for herself. She goes to shows, and has a real horse that she loves to ride. Nice home in the country , from the photos I have seen . She seems happy, with her man and their place. There are several gals in the art group I am part of, who also live in Russia , all of them selling their art internationally and online freely. I have found that interesting, and am happy for them.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

Well written, Jack, on every point . Thank you for your info, from experience. And I feel just as you do , about the state of our wonderful country . Mark Levin's book, American Marxism, is very revealing , but sobering as well. I have an acquaintance who lives in Western Russia , Yana Danlovik , who sculpts resin model horses and sells them internationally. I have bought two of them to paint , from her. She is online freely, and makes decent income for herself. She goes to shows, and has a real horse that she loves to ride. Nice home in the country , from the photos I have seen . She seems happy, with her man and their place. There are several gals in the art group I am part of, who also live in Russia , all of them selling their art internationally and online freely. I have found that interesting, and am happy for them.

Here's some photos of the horses we were working around. These were bred for harness racing.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Pretty sure Russia hasn't been communist for a while now.

"While the trappings of communism no longer remains, the effects of the ideology and nature of power politics in Russia have a strong continuity with it's past."

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:26 PM

It’s amazing how 9 months of the Biden administration causes people to think Putin’s Russia is better. Biden’s world is only for 4 years. Putin’s is for10 years or so. Just think how anyone that runs against Putin ends up! Or is that fake news also!
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 03:38 PM

Thank you for those photos, PR. I am always keenly interested at the gear riders use from their world area. Russia has some wonderful horse breeds , and the people have good history of loving to ride.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:22 PM

I believe that this fellow moved from the eu to russia and he has some interesting videos with stuff like backwoods camping using surplus tracked vehicles....seems to be no end to the lands he has access to.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SurvivalRussia

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

The french and germans(more wusses) walked all over russia-until winter did them in.
Canucks love winter.

yeah, the Nazis surprise attack walked all over Russian peasants and farmland and then they came to Stalingrad. Must be the Russians love winter also ?

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 04:57 PM

As I work in my office I am watching congressional hearings on either News Max or One American News LIVE. With the subject of this thread it makes me wonder if there is open hearings in Russia like we have here?

I have an acquaintance that I use for upholstery repaid that’s from Moldova. He told me that his mother is still there. She was amazed that in America there are clothes dryers and I am sure there was more things she was amazed about.We might just be heading towards inability to have necessities.We currently have the freedom to choose but for how long!

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 05:02 PM

Where can I watch the hearing on the stolen election? biden never got 81 million legitimate votes...he is a fraud/disgrace.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 05:07 PM

Don’t know but these hearings are on the FBI being at school board meetings!

Elections have consequences!!!

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 05:09 PM

We are given liberty by the founding documents which is quite different than freedom. Much deeper meaning.
The nation was founded on individual "Liberties," being God given and not from man.
Ben Franklin was called a Deist by many but when you read his writings, he's so orthodox Christian in his thinking, I don't know godless historians slap a Deist label on him.

Today, we as a people group wait for the next edict from JB, SCOTUS, Fauci, USHOR, or similar "man" to allow us freedom.
When did it change from the Almighty to WDC is the question?
Slow drip, drip, drip.

And here we are.
Less and less liberties each passing year.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 05:12 PM

The lack of the belief in God and his word has brought us to this point!

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
The lack of the belief in God and his word has brought us to this point!

????

I thought this was a thread about Russia.

Re: Russia - 10/21/21 09:17 PM

PR
I was commenting on the previous post. It was on Russia. In My Opinion, does that help?

Re: Russia - 10/22/21 02:17 AM

Thank you all very much for the replies.
Gulo, I especially appreciate your comment and real world experience.

I find the country of Russia and its people both fascinating and intriguing. Just the landscape alone is mesmerizing and hard for me to wrap my mind around. Several years ago, there was a documentary called "Wild Russia" It was really mind blowing on just how big this place is. Just look at that giant fire that broke out a couple of months ago in Siberia! A fire of that size would completely destroy several states over here and more than likely crash us; yet Russia just keeps on ticking along and the people just keep on going.

My little girl loves the cartoon Masha and the Bear. I enjoy watching it too; as it is refreshing to watch a cartoon of that nature. Unfortunately, modern US cartoons don't have the morality and simpleness that Masha and the Bear have. What we give our young children to watch and see on TV and the internet is telling upon our current state of affairs. Sadly, I think Russia is beating us here by a lot.

Everyone keeps bringing up how terrible alcoholism is in Russia as a negative of the country. Well, look around. Who here has never been affected by a family member of alcoholism?
All I know is that when I turn on the TV, it is not Russian dignitaries, media, and celebrities promoting a lifestyle to me. But rather, the US entertainment, media ,and US big tech promoting filth, hatred, indecency, immorality, lies, corruption, etc. This perversion is not only spread across our televisions and news media, but also glorified and celebrated as a since of "pride".

My intention of the opening post was not to convince myself which country was better, but rather to think about what we have become. What have we lost in our regards to our Nation's direction and moral compass?
Our little ones are our future; and that is all that really matters.

Re: Russia - 10/22/21 02:22 AM

When biden/harris is done we may all be better off moving to russia....

Re: Russia - 10/22/21 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Marty

Heard that, Marty!

Re: Russia - 10/22/21 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Marty

At least there are some great trapping and hunting opportunities there. And a big plus is; they don't give a rat's tail about animal rights. They are much more realistic than to believe that nonsense.

Re: Russia - 10/22/21 10:43 AM

Good comment Chauncey. So many people think that different equals bad. Russia, especially east of the Volga is very different but I've found its no worse or better than any other place.

Want to really have fun? Watch Masha and Medvedev in Russian with your daughter.
Posted By: run

Re: Russia - 10/22/21 10:47 AM

We definitely have drunks here in Virginia too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums