Home

Coyote prices??

Posted By: Tom Fisher

Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 08:33 PM

what have any of you heard on coyotes?? I'm out of state hoping to make millions wink
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 09:29 PM

Howdy Tom!!!!! Im gonna go out on a limb here and say, a bit better than coon prices. Hope this helps.

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 09:32 PM

Oh, and IM all out of youre green chilli sauce too!
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 09:53 PM

Thanks E.J. oh, we could sure use some elk burger and goose brats!

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 10:18 PM

Stop by on youre way home and we will set you up!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 11:52 PM

Green chili sauce? I'm all ears! Sauce prolly trade at about five coyotes per bottle Tom! Don't want EJ to hog it all! Howdy to you both!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 11:54 PM

Tom,
Catch 'em.
Skin 'em.
Stretch 'em.
Sell 'em.
Ask banker to hold off yet another year grin
Things are shaping up "next year."
Posted By: Suchlike2

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 11:55 PM

I'm hearing that our Easterns aint gonna be worth much at all. Gonna use this fall to fine tune some new properties I picked up. Wont be setting any traps until November 3rd
Posted By: Suchlike2

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/22/21 11:55 PM

I'm hearing that our Easterns aint gonna be worth much at all. Gonna use this fall to fine tune some new properties I picked up. Wont be setting any traps until November 3rd
Posted By: yotegtr

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 12:21 AM

Tighter grade than last season
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 01:14 AM

A while back John Graham opined on this subject. The major western buyers were saying to look for a similar market like last years. Still plenty of demand for the prime heavy western and semi grades.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 01:38 AM

$120 basis?
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
$120 basis?

Crap! Less than my average last year.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 01:50 AM

Go West young man. Go West.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 02:16 AM

Im thinking I need to learn how to say eh every three seconds. Sneak across the Canadian border and poach coyotes
Posted By: John Graham

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 06:52 AM

I think the best thing to do is to contact the person or people that you usually deal with and ask for updates, now that the fur season is basically upon us now for a lot of people. A phone call or two should give you an idea what coyotes from YOUR area should bring.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Im thinking I need to learn how to say eh every three seconds. Sneak across the Canadian border and poach coyotes

And say "aboat" instead of "about".
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 12:05 PM

Danny-Don't forget to wharsh you hands when you pass the 49th.
ehh

Good advise that John Graham has given, the money is in the local fur buyers pocket just burning a hole in it.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 12:54 PM

And I thought the only people that talked like that lived in the piedmont of Virginia. 120 if we see 30 here in southwest Virginia we do back flips. I think if fuel keeps climbing something will go up what or how much I don't know.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 06:35 PM

Local buyer told me there was little to no interest in midwestern yotes.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 07:53 PM

Historically, fur prices follow oil prices. Higher oil prices means more foreign oil is being purchased, which means richer people overseas, which means more money to spend of luxury items. And since more of our fur goes to these foreign countries, fur prices go up.

This isn’t necessarily going to be the case, but historically, this is what has happened.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Coyote prices?? - 10/23/21 08:49 PM

Sure could help see what happens with tariffs, fashions and the economy. Bottom line folks have to want the fur to wear, if fur is out of fashion good poor prices and little demand. We need Russia and China in the game and they still wear fur.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/19/23 09:20 PM

To many hound doggers here to trap coyotes and now with Thermal and infared you cant keep anything hidden
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/19/23 09:26 PM

Unless there is a lot of action in the auction room on Tuesday, you guys are going to be disappointed in coyote prices at the FHA auction. Just saying……………
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/19/23 09:34 PM

Hard to be disappointed when you're not expecting much. Anyone know what time the auction gets going tomorrow?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/19/23 09:53 PM

This year $1, $3, $5 was the price range here local shooters gave me 16 a few looked worth skinning some years all got glands removed and went to the dump lots of thin necks, rubs few mange ones. Some planes flying this year keeping the numbers down a bit.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/19/23 10:05 PM

Local Bosnian community is paying around $30 for easterns, for table fare.

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/19/23 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Hard to be disappointed when you're not expecting much. Anyone know what time the auction gets going tomorrow?

8 AM eastern time.

That’s 7 AM in Minnesota

5 AM in north Idaho. Too dang early!?
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/19/23 11:51 PM

Thank you Wissmiss. 7 ain't too bad but 5, not so much.

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/19/23 11:55 PM

Last year when the auction was all on line bidding, the sale started at 7AM in North Bay.

That meant I had to be up and wide wake to start bidding at 4 AM. That was brutal!! My day was over about 1 PM my time.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Coyote prices?? - 03/20/23 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Originally Posted by Boco
$120 basis?

Crap! Less than my average last year.

wait one minute there JP...you stated you never trapped last year a couple of threads ago

those southern boys are going to wonder what loco weed you were harvesting out of your coyote hide......and they will probably want to know some marketing methods or tooking methods you were on.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums