Home

Went online to buy some Braves tickets...

Posted By: coondagger2

Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 03:12 PM

Braves have only been to the World Series one time in my lifetime, they are who we always pulled for growing up. My woman is a huge Braves fan so I thought it would be awesome to go to a World Series game in Atl this weekend. Tickets went on sale at 10 AM this morning. I waited in the queue and finally got in. Cheapest tickets were nosebleeds way behind home plate, $887.....out of curiosity I checked the home plate seats, $15,000...

I think we will watch from home, LOL
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 03:36 PM

as much fun as it would be to watch a world series game,stanley cup or super bowl i could never justify spending that kind of money to watch a game that i could watch on tv.
lots of times watching hockey games tv will be on but muted and the game on the radio, radio annoucers are way more exciting to listen too
Go Braves
Posted By: DWC

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 03:50 PM

I would take a portion of that money and buy a giant tv for her to watch them on-only if this is a wife/live-in because then it’s also for you.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 06:07 PM

Back in 1980 When the Phillies played Kansas City in the World Series I got to go to the game and the tickets (2 of them) didn't cost me anything. In the spring of that year I was at a Bankers banquet and there was a guy sitting at our table that kept popping off how good he was and how good his bank was. He was from Philadelphia. I said if the Phillies make the World Series this year can you get me a couple tickets and he replied he could. After they won their playoff game with the Astros I contacted him and I could not believe it, but he had two tickets for me.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 06:25 PM

Atlanta should shun them, they weren't woke enough to hold the All-Star game.

Wouldn't go even if free.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 06:41 PM

MLB shunned Atlanta. I don't think Atlanta or the Braves shunned the All-Star game....
Posted By: Massac

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
MLB shunned Atlanta. I don't think Atlanta or the Braves shunned the All-Star game....

You are correct. The commissioner, Rob Manfred, made the call to move the all star game from Atlanta to Denver. The Braves had nothing to do with the move. They were actually upset with it because it was a lost opportunity for revenue.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 08:03 PM

They don't the common man there. So be it.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 08:10 PM

Why are you being a cheapskate? It’s once in a lifetime! Took my wife to vegas for the PBR finals a few years ago. Paid $650 per ticket for bucking chute seats, have never regretted it.
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 08:13 PM

Went to game 2 of 1976 World Series in Cincinnati tickets were under $100 maybe under $50 I have the Stubbs stashed some where. Game was exiting went with my wife and parents. The next time I went to a game with my dad he had to use a wheel chair. World series game is one of my best memories with my dad.

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
Why are you being a cheapskate? It’s once in a lifetime! Took my wife to vegas for the PBR finals a few years ago. Paid $650 per ticket for bucking chute seats, have never regretted it.

This isn't being a cheapskate, its not being foolish with money. I worked too hard for that $2000 (not including hotels, drinks, and food) to blow it on something I can watch on TV for nearly free
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by coondagger2
Originally Posted by cat daddy

This isn't being a cheapskate, its not being foolish with money. I worked too hard for that $2000 (not including hotels, drinks, and food) to blow it on something I can watch on TV for nearly free

Your dead a long time ! And you wouldn’t think twice on spending 2500.00 on a new Flintlock ....lol

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/26/21 11:28 PM

I’m 23. If the braves don’t go back to the World Series in my lifetime I had a short life or they aren’t worth going to see in the first place grin
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 01:07 AM

I’m 23. If the braves don’t go back to the World Series in my lifetime I had a short life or they aren’t worth going to see in the first place grin

Yup….you got time…but tomorrow is no guarantee
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 01:19 AM

Curious, what is the price for those seats if not during the World Series?

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Curious, what is the price for those seats if not during the World Series?

For upper level nosebleeds depends on the team, if they are playing a good team maybe $20-$50? I priced tickets to go see them at home in the playoffs and those tickets were $200

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 07:26 PM

Well, this thread didn't age well

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 07:28 PM

Sucker. lol
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 07:41 PM

Have fun, get in on the chant... laugh

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 08:32 PM

I will for sure!! Going to be a good time. Got the hotel booked and everything lined up. Now to sneak out of work early Friday lol
Posted By: btomlin

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 08:48 PM

This sorta situation(maybe this is CD's situation) happen to a friend of mine but only it was a house. His wife liked the house and when they went to the car to discuss the sale, she crossed her legs and proceeded to tell him a few things. Long story short....He bought the house as he was afraid she was serious about never uncrossing her legs again. Go Braves! smile
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/27/21 09:55 PM

I will for sure!! Going to be a good time. Got the hotel booked and everything lined up. Now to sneak out of work early Friday lol

Will I be seeing you on TV directly behind the plate or will I have to wait and hope for a foul ball in the "cheap seats"?

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/28/21 01:33 AM

Lol! You will not be seeing me behind the plate. I’m in the second of four levels behind 1st base. Good seats to see the entire field
Posted By: trapper124

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/28/21 02:15 AM

I was really wanting to go to game 5 but the tickets are insane. I’m still debating it
Posted By: charles

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/28/21 02:25 AM

I once had a free ticket to a Series game in Baltimore. It was in the 80s. A company plane was suppose to pick me up after picking up another customer in SC. Heavy fog ruined our day.

Re: Went online to buy some Braves tickets... - 10/28/21 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by trapper124
I was really wanting to go to game 5 but the tickets are insane. I’m still debating it

I am in a Facebook group where a lot of the season ticket holders sell their tickets. Little better prices than StubHub or other places like that
© 2024 Trapperman Forums