Home

Kind of employees in job market

Posted By: coonman220

Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 02:47 PM

Not sure if it that way all over , of many new hires or replacement new hires I gave observed what happen, very few stay an just lately, in past 2 weeks, at least half dz. Walk out door an quit in less then 4 hrs I heard, some quit in half HR. I have not work by any lately , many new ones it is show up half the time or skip out days of work , most rest quit in 2-3 wks at most , that way all over ? Seen a bunch at first break at orientation, never seen next day or ever again
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 02:52 PM

Black guy I used to work with 15 years ago would just work long enough to build unemployment and then get himself laid off. Pretty common practice.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Not sure if it that way all over , of many new hires or replacement new hires I gave observed what happen, very few stay an just lately, in past 2 weeks, at least half dz. Walk out door an quit in less then 4 hrs I heard, some quit in half HR. I have not work by any lately , many new ones it is show up half the time or skip out days of work , most rest quit in 2-3 wks at most , that way all over ? Seen a bunch at first break at orientation, never seen next day or ever again

Doing what kind of work and for how much pay?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 03:29 PM

I just hired a fella, he is great! Shows up 15 minutes early, which he calls on time.
Posted By: HILLTOP TRAPPER

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 03:42 PM

if your early your on time,if your on time your late,if your late dont bother coming in!
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 03:49 PM

Dave, Sadly a lot of those people that work a week or 2 are only there to get enough money for a drug fix. Then they'll go on a bender until the drugs run out. Then they'll go get another job and repeat the process.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 03:55 PM

How can they pass drug test an how afford live with cost living ? Unemployment, I doubt it,. They really crack down on it, governer has made all new regs up , make it hard get if work search requirements , impossible if quit bunch jobs anyhow

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 03:57 PM

I have heard of new hires go 1 st day or maybe 2 at most an look for jobs with long pay orientation , quit after it or next day an on next place

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by HILLTOP TRAPPER
if your early your on time,if your on time your late,if your late dont bother coming in!

Exactly!

I’m the same way. If I’m not 20 minutes early, something is wrong.
Posted By: Old pup

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 04:38 PM

There's no real motivation to work. There will always be somebody to pay for housing, food, healthcare and transportation if you don't want to be bothered with working.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 04:42 PM

I notice it most with people under 30. When I worked at Lowes, they would hire 10-15 people at a time and by the end of 2 weeks be down to 3-4. The 3-4 were almost always over the age of 30. Once in a while a young person would turn out to be a good hire, but it was rare.
Posted By: possum63

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 05:02 PM

Dave.........why do care????? What those others are doing has nothing to do with you. LOL.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by possum63
Dave.........why do care????? What those others are doing has nothing to do with you. LOL.

He's just curious
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by possum63

He's just curious

Or he may be wondering if he's stupid to keep working at such a sucky low pay job that everyone else seems to realize how bad it is and quit in just very short amount of time.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 05:39 PM

"Or he may be wondering if he's stupid to keep working at such a sucky low pay job that everyone else seems to realize how bad it is and quit in just very short amount of time."

And....as a part-timer, through a temp service on top of it.
Posted By: run

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 06:02 PM

Hershey is hiring in Stuart's Draft,VA . Starting pay $20 per hour.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 06:05 PM

No reason to not have a good job right now. You can have your pick around here, wanted signs at most companies, and most all have a healthy sign on bonus!
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 07:05 PM

How can they pass drug test an how afford live with cost living ? Unemployment, I doubt it,. They really crack down on it, governer has made all new regs up , make it hard get if work search requirements , impossible if quit bunch jobs anyhow

They use someone elses pee.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 07:34 PM

Also you can take detoxers to flush the drugs out of your system. No personal experience.
Posted By: possum63

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 07:43 PM

Maybe they can pass drug tests because they aren't on drugs?? Just a thought
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 08:12 PM

Pee tests are for the insurance company. Hair follicle tests are for employers who don't want drug users as employees.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by run
Also you can take detoxers to flush the drugs out of your system. No personal experience.

The hardcore drugs only stay in your system for a day or two. Weed on the other hand can take up to two weeks, a month for a daily smoker. My company doesn't even test for THC, they're looking for pharmaceuticals.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701
Originally Posted by run

The hardcore drugs only stay in your system for a day or two. Weed on the other hand can take up to two weeks, a month for a daily smoker. My company doesn't even test for THC, they're looking for pharmaceuticals.

Interesting, learned something new today.
Posted By: randy r

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 11:24 PM

When I hired out on the railroad in 1972,they hired 35 people by noon 15 had walked off.The next day only 10 came back,by the next week only 3 of us left 2 retired from the place,including myself. This kind of stuff has been happening forever. People looking for the easy way out.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/30/21 11:29 PM

^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 01:52 AM

pot heads pass (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) test all the time, they buy synthetic (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) from the pot head stores,

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by randy r
When I hired out on the railroad in 1972,they hired 35 people by noon 15 had walked off.The next day only 10 came back,by the next week only 3 of us left 2 retired from the place,including myself. This kind of stuff has been happening forever. People looking for the easy way out.

Hard tough job on railroad is why
Posted By: Civins

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 02:14 AM

There is no reason for anyone with a good work ethic to be on unemployment
Or making minimum wage right now. My family drove from kansas
To northern new york state to visit famimy this summer and its unbelievable
All the places hiring. Same with around my area. Easy to find a job at 20
An hour. My company starts at 18 an hour and iv been there 13 years. Im 39.
Find a job you like and stay with it and the money will come. Build your benefits
And retire eventually. Thats my american dream. Its about work ethic.
(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) on them people that dont want to work and live off our dollar.
My 2 cents

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 02:14 AM

I get $15 hr as well as new hires , do lot work there
Posted By: Civins

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 02:20 AM

Are you a permanent employe ? What kind of work do you do ?
Its not worth thinking about the people who dont wanna do anything.
Just do your job and clock out. There will always be people like that out there.
Atleast your working ya no

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 11:00 AM

Railroads pay better than your job, Dave. No personal experience, just word from the street.
Posted By: randy r

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 12:37 PM

Railroads do pay well now,but you better be ready to work in all kinds of weather and 24 hrs. a day.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 12:51 PM

Around here unless you know someone or are a minority you will likely not get hired on at the railroad. After hire, prepare to get laid off regularly until you build seniority.
State, county jobs are available often, but if your a white male you'll have a better chance of finding a snowball in hades than getting hired.
Private sector is a much better chance but in Arkansas finding good paying jobs can be difficult unless you know someone. Remember it's not what you know but who you know.
Posted By: Dan D

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 01:04 PM

Still hiring here at the steel mill. Good pay, good benefits. Can't hire enough to fill all the openings.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 03:16 PM

Be ready take some crap at railroad job from other workers, bosses , they have unions an traveling workers an just like some these other jobs, also not good if u make mistakes, not talk my cousin in number years but he conducter an tell me about job , u don't make mistakes on hook up cars or likely ur job, also there confrontations other workers in area an ones lots senoiorty, just like other jobs, they have union , not real easy to get on, had go to school , u want go right one or ripoff like other schools, I think he went to company school
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 03:38 PM

Railroad jobs can't be that hard, Boco does it lol, just joking Robert, just joking.

Dave, are you afraid of hard work, long hours and taking risks?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 03:59 PM

I used work long hrs at times with fairly hard work, factory
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 04:37 PM

With as many as you say quit where you work,,you must be close to being Senior man there now.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 04:40 PM

Those quitters probably put more than one application in and quit to take a better paying job.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 04:42 PM

Precisely, realized how crappy of a job it was and took a risk somewhere else
Posted By: Dan D

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 05:13 PM

Union here Dave. Easy to get on if ya pass a drug test. You will work hard and get dirty. You know what though, they'll pay ya for it.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 10/31/21 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dan D
Union here Dave. Easy to get on if ya pass a drug test. You will work hard and get dirty. You know what though, they'll pay ya for it.

I retired a few years ago after 40 years in the Steelworkers Union. smile

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 12:07 AM

The ones that all quit are temps, probly find lot this all over, no I don't care what they do, just saying

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 12:31 AM

Temp agency people are terrible, not one of them are worth a darn. That is what I’ve heard anyway, the positions I hire for require more than what the average temp agency person is capable of doing.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 02:13 AM

Not all temps are terrible, I. Temp for years, yes alot workers come out them that are different in ways then non temps, I guess all of temps have story to them of why at temp place , sometimes they get good worker thru to place, I think this stuff be far worse than Iowa if get outstate
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 03:54 AM

Dave, I've asked you multiple times on your various threads why don't you get a CDL and do day trucking...? Its got to be better than no raise, dangerous temp job working that press. Either you can't get a CDL or some reason don't like driving. It could be something you take into SS and make extra cash or make you not want to take SS at 62.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 03:55 AM

With a lot of turnover and shortages, many places like working with the temp agencies as they can rotate through the assigned employees and hire the ones that work out the best for them. Some people prefer working as temps as they like the changes, especially if they can find some long term temp positions. In the past many employers liked the temp system as many times they did not need or want long term employees, they used employees during the busy times. That has changed over the last couple years however. Our SIL owns a mechanical contracting business with about 60-70 employees. They have gone to getting staff right out of high school and finding those that can work and have good driver's licenses. The put them through the various apprentice programs and the employees pay back a specific amount if they don't stay with them for a specified time period. The younger employees are good at suggesting people they know that may fit in well.

Bryce

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 04:26 AM

Nothing good about working for a temp agency if one wants to get ahead in life and put together a decent retirement plan.

The agency is taking money that could go in the workers pocket.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 05:28 AM

I've had temps working for me a couple of times.
My take is that for the most part they are good workers of average intelligence.
I have offered a couple of them full time work after using them as temps.
They always decline. Seems they like to work for a short period of time then take off as long as they can, usually till they need money again, then repeat.

Floaters thru life it seems.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 01:20 PM

Floaters thru life it seems.

I like that one. I don't think my BiL would get if I told him that one, but it marks him. More steadily employed than perhaps what you described but no planning, no thinking ahead more than a month or so at a time.He'll die an poor old worn out man...

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/01/21 10:42 PM

I am curious as to how these ones that quit all time until need money survive, it was posted free everthing an welfare on here they get, ? Not that I know of, only thing I could get if no job is food snap card an free Heath ins or title 19 or whatever, not go make living off that u gonna go broke

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/02/21 03:15 AM

Probly married with dependents or something to it, the only real welfare is for minorities an such, things must be worse in Illinois as lots move Iowa, from Chicago lots
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/02/21 03:18 AM

Probly married with dependents or something to it, the only real welfare is for minorities an such, things must be worse in Illinois as lots move Iowa, from Chicago lots

You know better than that Mr Coonman. Plenty of white folk on those monies as well...
round here anyhow.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/02/21 12:16 PM

I thought you liked Chicago, Dave?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/02/21 08:44 PM

No I only there few times for tourist attraction stuff long ago, about all I be interested in again like zoo or museum but doubt anytime soon ever , was just thinking when was to museum, 40 years ago, long time , 25 plus years ago car show McCormick place, never to zoo, was into science in school an always interested in museum science industry , someday like go there again, there was a modular house of factory where work at for yrs that went out bussiness that was ship there I think for display or section of it, not sure , they did lot government projects with heavy duty const, motels an barracks for army in sections, apt bldgs, etc , alot government funding stuff got cut off, the last big project was for oil field industry in n Dakota , all that stuff fell thru or shut down
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/03/21 01:22 AM

I retired from the Marines 2 years ago. I recently decided to resign from Law Enforcement and work on family and Jesus. I’m gonna be honest….it’s getting boring. Anyone need a leader around? Only thing I won’t do is electrical work. Lol. Anyone thinks not working is fun, try it. It’s the most boring 8 months I’ve had outside of summer where we were camping and visiting national parks.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/03/21 03:30 AM

I would be no good at it, Le job

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/03/21 04:37 AM

I would be no good at it, Le job

Dave, Have you ever thought of going into the Human Resources field?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/03/21 04:41 AM

I think he should go into social services, welfare division. We need someone to kick all those pandora listening minorities off the food stamp dole.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/03/21 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I think he should go into social services, welfare division. We need someone to kick all those pandora listening minorities off the food stamp dole.

Well said, Angela.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/03/21 02:07 PM

I would be no good at that job
Posted By: Dan Barnhurst

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/03/21 06:08 PM

Why work? All the rich people are supposed to pay their fair share so the poor people don't have to work. Social justice. The new normal with demonkrouts in charge.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/09/21 11:53 PM

This radio stuff is unreal at work, It reminds me be in concert, noway I can concentrate much less work around it, I don't listen radio when trapping instead concentrate driving , very distracting , otr drivers, lot companies the radios are none in truck or ban, definately not like it or who plays it , if I make slightest noise when he in oh call an his radio is off , spas out, I wonder how long this nite job go last , I don't say word him an ignore, some ppl from bigger towns !!!
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/10/21 12:25 AM

I put head phone on while checking my line. I like to listen to county music.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/10/21 12:30 AM

While driving ?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/10/21 12:33 AM

I crank my music while driving. Have a hard time driving without music
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/10/21 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

He's just curious

Or he may be wondering if he's stupid to keep working at such a sucky low pay job that everyone else seems to realize how bad it is and quit in just very short amount of time.

Yep! That trapping job is for stupid people. But not everyone seems to realize it. frown

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/10/21 01:20 AM

I listen to a dramatized version of the Bible while driving. It's not distracting at all.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/10/21 01:31 AM

In my experience most women have a hard time driving with or without music. LOL

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/10/21 01:57 AM

While driving ?

Yes I trap off my quad. Not wasting time traveling around in my truck for $3 coons

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 04:26 AM

This loud music on workplace need be ban,listen to it at work, this person either try start fights or ruin ppl nite I can't even think straight after be around annoying crap,,so annoying on way home I had hard time concentrate driving. Can't believe get $30 plus hr an get away listen loud annoying trash music
Posted By: Savell

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 04:33 AM

This loud music on workplace need be ban,listen to it at work, this person either try start fights or ruin ppl nite I can't even think straight after be around annoying crap,,so annoying on way home I had hard time concentrate driving. Can't believe get $30 plus hr an get away listen loud annoying trash music

.. just when I think I’m out ... you pull me back in lol

.. Lay this 8 track on that bad hand coonman lol

Posted By: Boco

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 04:35 AM

Pour some water in his ghettoblaster when he's not looking.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 04:36 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Savell

.. just when I think I’m out ... you pull me back in lol

.. Lay this 8 track on that bad hand coonman lol

Now you're just trying to get him shot, lol.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 04:44 AM

Dave have you told management you don't appreciate the music or tried asking the guy to please turn it down or maybe get himself some ear buds?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 04:48 AM

Dave have you told management you don't appreciate the music or tried asking the guy to please turn it down or maybe get himself some ear buds?

... or claim your birthright with a piece of hickory on a disrespectful bare butt ?

.. (playing devils advocate and all that now ADC)

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 04:50 AM

... or claim your birthright with a piece of hickory on a disrespectful bare butt ?

.. (playing devils advocate and all that now ADC)

That's good advice too. I'm guessing if he'd attempt that, he wouldn't be bothered by this guys music again.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 07:00 AM

Idk man you can buy a nice pair of wireless Bluetooth ear bugs from the Walmart for $10 why don't ya buy him a pair for Christmas? Might end up working in your favor

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 10:39 AM

But did ya get the gate shut?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 12:03 PM

Maybe management is encouraging the guy to turn the music ever higher. It's generally easier to make a person miserable enough to quit than fire them.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 03:09 PM

I don't talk him, not a good idea complain the way things are unless a attack from him, which maybe coming, the outrageous concert sound music , I take as a assault or threat to get me say something, most guys would, that what he wants is fight , I can tell , nasty ppl around dbq, lot like that

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 05:08 PM

So what kind of concert music are you talking about, Dave? Serious question. Just trying to make sense out of what you are talking about. Thank you for your time, DAVE.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 05:14 PM

Turn it up, the radio
I got the music, deep in my soul
I said, turn it up, the radio, I got the music, deep in my soul
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/18/21 11:39 PM

Can't wear earplugs or sound cancelling headphones at work?????
Posted By: rex123

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/19/21 12:40 AM

I know what you mean coonman. We have this guy at work that doesn't like anybody or anything he is always complaining about his truck or the gate he for some reason can't shut. Oh yea and he hates the music we play. But thank God he will be taking a lot of time off to trap even though he complains furs aren't worth anything. Go figure huh.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/19/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
I know what you mean coonman. We have this guy at work that doesn't like anybody or anything he is always complaining about his truck or the gate he for some reason can't shut. Oh yea and he hates the music we play. But thank God he will be taking a lot of time off to trap even though he complains furs aren't worth anything. Go figure huh.

So true

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/19/21 12:49 AM

I’ll be hiring in a couple months. You’re more than welcome to apply. You’ll get about 20 hours a pay period on average, if offered the position.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 12:14 AM

So work mix man from Oklahoma from sedonna , I pt , ask me when leave a few times, he miss few day work an work 3, ask me if get ride to gas station when I go an I say I can't, not trust such stuff, pull knife or gun rob me, he up stuff, maybe say I got $$ if givee ride dbq , so anyhow must quit, they hire anyone this place, trash, fags ! Sick stuff, I don't know why stay

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 12:18 AM

So you finally decided you must quit because a co-worker asked you for a ride?
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 12:23 AM

Wow....just wow !!! Im dumber just from reading his last post.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pirogue
Wow....just wow !!! Im dumber just from reading his last post.

Welcome to the club!!!!! Don't forget the secret handshake.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 12:53 AM

No I only work there because close an work other job, definately some crap holes around to work in , the temp agency sure pick up on lots out town trash, I guess don't enjoy work with just anyone , some ok , this yesteday , today guy work with is one few ok

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 02:09 AM

Good job, Dave. You actually found an ok co-worker.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 02:30 AM

I can't just imagine what the co workers think.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 03:52 AM

Not to much, I know that, just like with loud music, some really weird stuff ppl into, who knows, how would I like it if come work in morning an supposed work by some this trash an show what do an be nice to them, someone fr outstate in big city that amounts to about nothing , this stuff sickening , u never know in morning, I dread last hr bfore work an going , wish wasn't so poor , I know what I do , I have no respect for trash come outstate an beg for rides to work, miss half time , if I try that outstate not good, this place desperate for help, the main mgr probly wants me let them move in an live my place for ride to work, I think this all very low down an dirty them

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 04:17 AM

Quit wishing you aren't so poor and do something about it.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/24/21 09:32 AM

I agree they must be desperate for help. They've kept you. How long have you been there? crazy confused As I've posted numerous times there a tons of jobs in your area. That's without going into dubuque if you don't want to. Camso, Bodine etc. are in Peosta area and there are several businesses on that end of Dubuque without going into town. Chavenelle road area is the industrial park area. Duluth trading co. warehouse is there along with countless others.
Quit your whining and do something different.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/25/21 08:02 PM

Well I clean up quick lockblade with fast opener that use on tails an feet on beaver before use broken, razor sharp, better nothing but for self defense , I carry it in pocket at work an all over, I just k ow this shop guy after last nite is gonna try taunt fight an say things an start fight when none around, he mean an I can see it an hate him an wife wierd loud music an his wierd stuff into, noone get away hit me, given a chance in self defense, a sharp knife in eye ball would stop them , idk , I know if I was to go to Oklahoma like other mix guy come from an bum rides to work, good way to end up lay in ditch with cpl slugs in head , what u think , they can't find no help other job for shop guy, there noway anyone work him, everyone quit an new 1 hire last 1 day around home
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/25/21 08:25 PM

Dave, you are certifiable paranoid delusional. You need to get some medicine before you hurt someone and wind up in jail. Your posts get more insane weekly. I doubt your craziness is your fault- usually has a large genetic component. Thankfully there are good medicines available today that will help you have a huge improvement in your quality of life. Take some of your posts in when you go see a doctor. He'll get you started on the right path.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/25/21 08:40 PM

I worked at place where the press operators and setup men pretty much all had ghetto blasters setup on their toolboxes.
The presses were about 20 ft apart. So every 20 ft or so their was a dude with a ghetto blaster blaring out his favorite brand of noise.
The presses were loud enough, but with the noise form the ghetto blasters you couldn't talk to another unless you leaned over close to them and yelled.
I hated having to go into the pressroom.

In my shop we had a radio plumbed into speakers all over the shop. This kept the volume reasonable everywhere. The radio was set at a certain volume, if it was messed with it was shut off. It was set so that the machines could be heard and conversation could take place at normal talking levels. I didn't allow any other radios in the place. When the first person groused about the radio station I told them that either they pick something that they all can agree on or nothing at all. They got along and agreed.

Its good to dictate reasonable terms in a take it or leave it method. In the end if an employee was going to quit cause he couldn't have a blasting ghetto box he was the type of employee that you didn't want anyways. Weeds out the trouble making complainers.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/25/21 09:23 PM

Probly a fools cruise to work tomma afternoon, they close early an think funny I drive there an closed, this happen before, or tell me on certain , that one there staff has close bldg an lock up an I can't do it an have leave so drive there nothing , I dont work very hard when there for the lil bit pay an have lock everything up an gate, kinda creepy other nite after lock door an I have no keys an get in truck an someone pull in only narrow entrance 100 yrds away an stop but then luckily back up leave, never know at dark place at nite byself , have had things almost happen late at nite at car wash several times an got away an have parnoia car washes at nite

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/25/21 09:25 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Dave
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/25/21 09:28 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Happy Thanksgiving Coonman. I hope you get a chance to relax and enjoy yourself today.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/25/21 09:54 PM

Talk about a carwash at nite, years ago I was at change machine in bigger town go wash truck an a black guy see me an charge as fast as could go, another time was block in an yell me out window, I put reverse an almost smash them an they back up hurry

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 04:36 AM

Dave's in rare form tonight. There's has to be an "adult swim" tv show about him in there somewhere...

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 06:33 AM

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and get some help soon.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 02:56 PM

I don't need any help other knee replacement , that factory work at , I take it like get ppl from Chicago outown ppl an minorities, thru sedonna, super nice to them an kinda trash u work with as posted, they like ones come out an walk out door an quit an do lil work I guess, they stuff is sick, city dbq welcomes minorities from Chicago to move out as Chicago an Illinois is tough an run lot out, they don't have welfare like Iowa, dbq welcomes in minorities for free housing, food, transportation, free rides to job , which completely worthless at an quit an back welfare , they built a nice home a few yrs ago down street from here for some foreigners to move into, one back into fire hydrant an shut water off street, I don't get none this stuff free, enough to make me sick physically, I thought someone mgm was go come up other day an say if this get get apt in town if I could give him rides, now there say I live byself house an should house beggers from out town an give ride work? Not go happen, my spare bed room is for per housecats , not trash
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 03:02 PM

Help you should seek.
Meditate on it you should
Inner peace you should seek.
Demons you have.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 03:09 PM

... come on Coonman, give em a ride to work... y’all could smoke grape flavored black and milds while cranking up 2pac on the CD player ... just be sure to lean your seat all the way back

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog
Help you should seek.
Meditate on it you should
Inner peace you should seek.
Demons you have.

wink

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 04:15 PM

Yep, pretty sure your truck has an exhaust leak.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 04:23 PM

How many cats are in the spare bedroom?
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 04:33 PM

I cant say Ive ever had trouble with a gate or car wash yet.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 04:39 PM

Coonman, did you have a run-in with another coonman at the car wash?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/26/21 08:55 PM

pretty sure he meant the exhaust leak is affecting his judgment.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/29/21 11:40 PM

I ask bodine, they hire pt but not $20, $17 an change but have stay all day, job description don't sound easy, electric motors an blue prints, maybe should move on another pt job if found, not easy find full time but sick an tired be worm out for rest day in morning, it is killer stuff an always hard an be a temp for almost 4 years no holiday pay or nothing practically , no ins an miss open enrollment at place ask about an didn't wanna spend $180 plus mo on crap ins , can't get obhama ins an don't sound like any good

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 12:18 AM

Now if 2 cars blocked me in a car wash....well,,,, Id be skeered....one maybe was just waiting in line?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 12:37 AM

No that not happen, a black guy wear a black scarf that kinda look like hood an at nite with noone around , likely robbery ideas
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 12:58 AM

Who washes their truck? I just wait for it to rain.

I didn't read all of this so I have no idea why Coonman was at the car wash. Assuming it was to wash a vechile.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 01:04 AM

Have you ever thought about writing a book? All the problems you have with your jobs, people at work, things in your house and all the problems with minorities, sure would make for some good reading. Who knows, maybe someone would want to make a movie of your life. You could be rich and famous Dave.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 01:05 AM

I ask bodine, they hire pt but not $20, $17 an change but have stay all day, job description don't sound easy

Who wants to stay all day? Especially if it ain’t easy?? Could really mess up the social security check!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 01:10 AM

No that not happen, a black guy wear a black scarf that kinda look like hood an at nite with noone around , likely robbery ideas

... either that or was about to film a rap video... keep your head on swivel... I know you wouldn’t want to end up in the middle of a robbery or a rap video

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 01:11 AM

... probably try to make you twerk at gun point or what have you

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 01:31 AM

Likely the man was just cold. Is it cold there in November?

It’s cold here and most people wear a scarf or hat or something no matter what time of day it is.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 01:37 AM

People get paid vacations and holidays?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
People get paid vacations and holidays?

Yeah, I have most all holidays off. I did have to work some on thanksgiving though, checking traps.

And 4 weeks a year for vacation.

I don’t get any overtime though.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 04:31 AM

I used have 4 weeks vacation at job was at 30 yrs, took close to 3 weeks of it for trapping , now nothing a joke, maybe job bodine be ok pt but if so, that it, no other pt job, only way find out is try it an not good as no idea if make go it , I sure I can but who work with an get along or not is the thing, increase hrs up to 32-40 eventually, there look for 10 pt right now , lot factories suck, if u dont get along I don't know, it took me many yrs at factory an lot crap had put up with an after all that time, no problems from anyone after 20 plus yrs , I hate get some place an nothing but problems an chewed out

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 04:52 AM

What's wrong with getting a full time job? Seems like you could use the insurance and some vacation time. You may just like it and not want to retire too early.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 01:20 PM

ADC, now you're talking crazy like I do on these post from him.

A full time job to Dave is like what kryptonite is to superman. I guess a job where you work is the same too.

There are a lot of jobs both full time and part time within 20 miles of him but it's easier to complain.

Good luck Coonman. Keep on keeping on.
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
Have you ever thought about writing a book? All the problems you have with your jobs, people at work, things in your house and all the problems with minorities, sure would make for some good reading. Who knows, maybe someone would want to make a movie of your life. You could be rich and famous Dave.

Lord have mercy on the poor proof reader/editor !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Black guy I used to work with 15 years ago would just work long enough to build unemployment and then get himself laid off. Pretty common practice.

I know white guys who would do the exact same thing when hunting season would roll around each fall. I don't think skin color is of much relevance.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 11/30/21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Badger23
ADC, now you're talking crazy like I do on these post from him.

A full time job to Dave is like what kryptonite is to superman. I guess a job where you work is the same too.

There are a lot of jobs both full time and part time within 20 miles of him but it's easier to complain.

Good luck Coonman. Keep on keeping on.

My dad will be 73 in a few days, him and my mother have more than enough money to live on with their pensions, IRAs, land rent etc than they can spend and yet I would wager he works more hours a year than the coonman at an outside job.

I find that most people are poor due to life choices and yet manage to blame everything and everybody else. It's too late for the iowa bomber to figure it out.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/01/21 10:09 PM

I won $200 safety award , supposed be cash prize, so my name is up an superviser say I won but no money ? I to nice an wait an see, I going ask tomma, not go he happy if didn't claim today an gone or not get it because a pt temp , to many others get jealous

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/01/21 10:26 PM

You'll probably get it on payday....

Congrats!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/01/21 10:28 PM

They usually give u right away in cash , I get direct deposit from temp place , have ask tomma, never know , take truck shop next week for more plan work , get expensive fast

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/01/21 10:40 PM

Super Coonman! You should be very happy.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/01/21 11:01 PM

Great job, Dave. You got this.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/02/21 12:27 AM

Hopefully get it
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/02/21 12:29 AM

I'm sure they'll be good for it Dave. Good job.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/06/21 11:42 PM

So maybe should listen about get new job, hard start new jobs an quit 2 jobs without tons money saved but definately things are in crapper since long work at job went out bussiness, both are very crappy, just went out work, lites out, doors lock, noone there , this happen before , they dont tell me ahead an dont care , most cleaners have keys, I don't, this happen number times, so see what tommorow brings, any unreal stuff, I well quit on spot an leave, same for other job, this stuff sucks, easy get another job but if like it or not, I don't know, lot crap jobs around also

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/06/21 11:45 PM

If your always looking for crap that is what you find Dave.

All the best to you!

Hope you find some happiness.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/07/21 01:10 AM

If comes down to it, no idea how easy or hard, could get another mfr job as lot experience , I have little respect an bad attuide toward office, management an big stuff at jobs higher up that make big money an screw small ppll like me, I like to think them as the stuff in toilet bowl after take crap , don't like none at all an I think funny when they have problems, there work is quite minimal an very phoney N make lots $$$$ an screw lot workers around

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/07/21 01:16 AM

And you chose to work there.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/07/21 01:18 AM

I don't like switch jobs unless really bad but could be soon, how many like starting over an over, not lot fun, I guess some do that work at job for a few days or a week or 2, not a good time a year for some ppl when winter approaching , some ppl it fantastic, others not

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/07/21 01:20 AM

So Dave. Did you get your safety award yet?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/07/21 01:26 AM

Yes I got that! Lucky ! Blew most it at Walmart

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/07/21 02:42 AM

Good for you Dave.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/09/21 10:36 PM

A new black guy from Chicago today, I came out production floor an freak out on him with hair down waist in kinda pony tail, I guess I am a sedonna trainer ? Pay more? No, probly just pick up the new variant , was plan on booster tomma, to late I guess, this is bs made work close contact with strangers from anywhere, the last fr Oklahoma an I do all work an he quit , the stench was unreal , why ? So mgr come out an givee dirty look an ask how it going an kept chatting , while I work an say nothing, I thought was gonna start yell me, if do, I would quit an walk out door, maybe they should lots more them, maybe was completly broke an went Thur temp service as water turn off, no shower ?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/09/21 11:01 PM

A black guy with hair down to his waist in a pony tail? That's a new one on me. Why did you freak out on him?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/09/21 11:49 PM

What’s a sedonna trainer?

Why does it matter if he had long hair? Is it a safety thing with the press?

I’m sure the reason the fella from Oklahoma quit was because you did all the work.
You’re not going to quit, it’s like the boy who cried wolf at this point.

Yeah maybe his water doesn’t work and he is waiting to get it fixed.

How goes the coon trapping Dave? Catching a bunch?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/10/21 10:33 PM

They pick one crate for audit today an out 383 seat assembly's parts did, they pick one out with miniature slug mark, big deal , mine were perfect with no flaw, I don't believe him an be used as scape goat , so what , make big deal out that ! Jeez! I see ppl ruin hundreds parts an thousands bucks,

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/10/21 11:08 PM

You can do it, Dave. Don't pay too much attention to the weird people you see.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/10/21 11:24 PM

May have to give them that safety bonus back to cover that deal. Hope you ain’t spent it yet.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/13/21 09:02 PM

Same thing today , the one Friday already quit an new one, ridiculous to train pp for a day , so I do work an always concerned about a c oh in back pocket not visible but wrapped handkerchief but look like oh that confiscated, new guy today is have me do all work while he do live video chats with some girl on fb that do strip stunt an he talk her pH, that fine with mgm, I dont get it, I guess be used work new ppl every day as covid threat an if I catch it, fine with them, I just got booster, I like work byself an not allow to
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/13/21 10:48 PM

Can someone translate what coonman220 just typed out?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/13/21 10:49 PM

what is a " c oh"?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/13/21 11:11 PM

Let's see if I can correct this grammatical disaster!!!

Original:

shocked

"Same thing today , the one Friday already quit an new one, ridiculous to train pp for a day , so I do work an always concerned about a c oh in back pocket not visible but wrapped handkerchief but look like oh that confiscated, new guy today is have me do all work while he do live video chats with some girl on fb that do strip stunt an he talk her pH, that fine with mgm, I dont get it, I guess be used work new ppl every day as covid threat an if I catch it, fine with them, I just got booster, I like work byself an not allow to "

Correct ENGLISH!

Same thing today! The one from Friday, already quit. The new one, is ridiculous to train. So, I do my work, and always concerned about a c oh, (What is C oh?), in the back pocket. Not visible, but wrapped in a handkerchief, and made to look like that is confiscated. The new guy today is having me do all the work, while he does live video chats with a polite, respectable Woman from a Las Vegas Nightclub. That was fine with Management. I don't get it. I guess I am used to working with new people, every day, as the Covid is still going around. If I catch it, that is fine with them. I just got my booster shot. I like to work by myself, but; I am not allowed to do that.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/13/21 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
Can someone translate what coonman220 just typed out?

Yes it says I wont quit my crap job and will just whine about it here.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/13/21 11:46 PM

How many have work total strangers in close contact every day or even someone work along time in close contact ? U could pick up variant an die , this what I pick for, not easy quit as say, why would employer hire ppl from sedonna to work a day or 3 an quit an walk out door an screw around ? I don't understand , one these. Times I gonna get chewed for some lol thing like be a min late back after break M I gonna walk out door, the guy today was 15 min late after break an took several 20 min water breaks an that ok with mgr

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/13/21 11:55 PM

Is fair enough excuse to quit, be scared work just anyone ff Chicago or Oklahoma or wherever any day a surprise, scared covid , work next them at times an if they have it, boom , I for sure have it , also a machine with 2 operaters an 1 control an machine junk an dont work right , but then what

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/13/21 11:59 PM

People travel from Chicago and Oklahoma to work there?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/14/21 12:40 AM

How many have work total strangers in close contact every day or even someone work along time in close contact ? U could pick up variant an die , this what I pick for, not easy quit as say, why would employer hire ppl from sedonna to work a day or 3 an quit an walk out door an screw around ? I don't understand , one these. Times I gonna get chewed for some lol thing like be a min late back after break M I gonna walk out door, the guy today was 15 min late after break an took several 20 min water breaks an that ok with mgr

...start jerkin britches down Coonman... enough is enough... time to put some blisters on behinds up there ol hand!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/14/21 02:19 AM

I don't understand , a new temp in an talk little, often from Chicago , ya Oklahoma , what they do around here ? No jobs there ? If they have covid, bam! I got it for sure ,

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/14/21 02:24 AM

I don't understand , a new temp in an talk little, often from Chicago , ya Oklahoma , what they do around here ? No jobs there ? If they have covid, bam! I got it for sure ,

... hey coonman... quit being a dang pee-on ... buck up and handle your business lol

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/14/21 05:36 AM

Didn't you just say you got all the shots? Shouldn't have nothing to worry about then, right?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/14/21 05:41 AM

Dave- Are you catching any critters this season...? Enough of the boring work talk, are you scoring any fur!!??

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 02:39 AM

So I wasn't parnoid an be crazy about nite job an shop an problems escalating , so went out there Tonite an knew trouble last nite, shop guy turn lites off me last nite an almost fell could had accident so prick snotty jack wipe bldg g mgr move up from Florida say shut bldg lick up now after half HR an had leave immediately , he had gun conceal on him an didn't put on sweatshirt had under coat an grab an gone, as I think when he stand there an if put it on over head, he blind side me, this garbage truck co . An corp are some really crappy ppl , noway I hire them an drivers unsafe, so I told superviser if next week is same thing or any more trouble , I not go bother drive out for half HR or work or some more trouble or bs an if happens, I quit immediately , holidays not good time, burn up lot gas trapping an no return till who knows when an no pay holidays an now this happens, I not only one as bad time year lot ppl

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 03:57 AM

I got nothing

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 04:06 AM

I got nothing

He was right (in his mind) about something?

Shop guy turned lights off? Some guy said to lock up? Maybe a manager?? Had a gun maybe?

Maybe the guy was going to hit Dave? I’m not sure?

Told supervisors he wasn’t going to drive out next week?

Going to quit immediately if something happens???

We all know that will never happen!!!!

Something about holidays? Burning gas and trapping?
Something about him not being the only one about the time of year….

I need another drink!?!?
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 04:12 AM

So from which Ivy League school did Coonman get his Masters and Ph.D. degrees in English?

Or maybe English is not even his native language?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
I got nothing

He was right (in his mind) about something?

Shop guy turned lights off? Some guy said to lock up? Maybe a manager?? Had a gun maybe?

Maybe the guy was going to hit Dave? I’m not sure?

Told supervisors he wasn’t going to drive out next week?

Going to quit immediately if something happens???

We all know that will never happen!!!!

Something about holidays? Burning gas and trapping?
Something about him not being the only one about the time of year….

I need another drink!?!?

I think the manager was concealed carrying and dave was afraid to put his sweatshirt on for fear of getting jumped? Maybe?
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 04:23 AM

I have a headache now…..

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 04:41 AM

Ya bldg mgr sucks an from Florida , never did like ppl from Florida, they all suck ! Go there an everyone wanna hire u in Florida if it from Iowa as workers there worthless ! Bums ! That mgr sucks !
Posted By: Hunter 1

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 05:12 AM

Prayers sent your way.

Hope things get better for you.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 10:20 AM

...start jerkin britches down Coonman... enough is enough... time to put some blisters on behinds up there ol hand!

He has no more Sun Dried Possum tails.....Since you brought that hard to get item mainstream, they're sold out everywhere!!! A single straight Sun Dried Possum tail is now worth more than 4 prime xxxl Iowa coon, (put up) even!!! No kidding!! Try to Google and find yourself a few ready to go tails!!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 10:39 AM

WOW!!! You have more issues than 10 normal people. Both your jobs suck according to you but you won't go get a different one. There are hundreds of jobs in the Dubuque area. You aren't going anywhere and there's a 99% chance you'll be at both places 3 months or likely a year from now.

It's long past due but you need to have a serious conversation with the guy in your mirror. You are your biggest problem.

Good luck.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 11:50 AM

WOW is a good assessment but the conversation would be better had with the Person on High.
The opposition to fear is faith.
In a country pregnant with anxiety, Coonman220 is king of he hill but the view seems to be pretty crappy.
Can't remember him ever having an uplifting post and there's 100% chance there are underlying issues.
Happens all day everyday.

Blessings Dave,
Mark
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by white dog

In my experience most women have a hard time driving with or without music. LOL

Have to agree grin Mine is only allowed to pull car into garage!
Can't seem to back it out without rubbing against door jam.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 02:06 PM

Have go out see happens next week, hopefully nothing wierd or get yell at or go home after half hour, or probly won't feel like go nomore an end job, I told him the gate would not close an he all mad About it, I told shop guy about it 2 weeks ago, not my problem, last 2 Christmas eve, they say be there, drove out early an close up , I ask if go be there Friday an ya for sure , after I call bank an make sure check pre-authorized for deposit on wedsay , I tell superviser about last 2 yrs an not ruin my plans an not go out Friday , plan on lil bit trapping, fur handling, an late muzzloader hunt deer , if drive out there an no one there , not only make fool me , it ruins deer hunt which time limit for plus bunch fur handling , processing I won't get done

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 06:34 PM

coonman- what is your fur action this year? You should post some photos some time. I'm 0/0 in catching anything, although I do have a buyer for coon bone if you have some laying around. Maybe you sell them on your own. I think I'm going to work on re-teething the skulls I have and getting those sold. Sounds more doable than putting up any $3-6 coon...

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 11:28 PM

I don't know but not screw around waste time go job like Christmas eve an noone there an lock up , if any more crap next week , like shop guy come over an say hey, Raymond say got kick u out now after be there less hr, I gonna say fine, leave clean stuff an vaccum cleaner sit where at, grab coat an head out door an never return again, let new superviser an HR in dm know that done job after nit miss more day work in 6 years with no raise an tell them see if u can find someone else to go out there an put up bs for hh or hr or not even there an got go home, they find none an can stuff it , if they do find someone an actually show up, from what I seen labor market , look at less than 3 days an quit, suck there snotty crap work , loud annoy music to flare up my temper, garbage dumpsters overflowing an no place put it, throw it on top , that what they like, stinking garbage lay around, anyone work as janitor for bunch pig slobs that throw stuff on floor, better get ur covid booster an flu shots up to date

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 11:48 PM

What?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/18/21 11:58 PM

He said:

He's not going to screw around wasting time going there, especially on Christmas eve, if when he gets there the place is locked up and he can't get in. Or, if the guy there says the boss says he has to leave after working only an hour, he's gonna leave all his cleaning stuff right where it is and leave and never come back. Gonna let the supervisor and HR know he is done. He's been there for six years, never missing work, without a raise. See if they can find someone else who will do it. If they do he doubts they last more than 3 days. It's crappy work with loud annoying music. All the garbage dumpsters are overflowing with garbage laying around everywhere because they're all a bunch of slobbish pigs. Oh and you better get your Covid vaccines if you go to work there because of all the nasty foreigners they hire.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 12:05 AM

Thanks Angela.

Dave, you’re not quitting, stop pretending you’re going to. whistle

Go to work and do “your” job. Quit worrying about everyone else, and the music they play.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 12:24 AM

NonPCfed he didn't seem to answer you but oh well.
Coonman, why are the dumpsters full? Aren't you working for a garbage disposal company? It's allied/republic services in Peosta I think from your posts.

Iowa jobs.org
Access Dubuque jobs
Indeed

You've got plenty of time to look for a different job.......but you won't.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 12:26 AM

Dave, where I used to work, the janitorial crew was tasked with dumping the dumpsters. They took them to the compactor daily. And...if you've worked there 6 years without a raise, you should be embarrassed to even post something like that.

I agree with DelawareRob.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 12:37 AM

I think he's talking about his 2nd part-time job, not the stick-the-head-in-the-hydraulic-press factory job.

P.S. I do wish he would show some of his catch or put fur photos. That would be fun. He does love trapping...

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
I think he's talking about his 2nd part-time job, not the stick-the-head-in-the-hydraulic-press factory job.

P.S. I do wish he would show some of his catch or put fur photos. That would be fun. He does love trapping...

Yeah, show some of those put up coon pictures Dave!

Make the best of your self made terrible situation.

Look for the silver lining!

Show some coon catches!!!!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 01:49 AM

Ya bldg mgr sucks an from Florida , never did like ppl from Florida, they all suck ! Go there an everyone wanna hire u in Florida if it from Iowa as workers there worthless ! Bums ! That mgr sucks !

Merry Christmas Dave, here's hoping SC brings you some happy pills.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 01:58 AM

Merry Christmas Dave, here's hoping SC brings you some happy pills.

My guess is Dave doesn’t like anyone, no matter where they are from.

Lots of great people from Florida. It’s the only place you have to drive north to get to the south!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 02:04 AM

He's looking for love in all the wrong places

Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 03:31 AM

Sure is entertaining
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 04:27 AM

Somone need to get the history channel and have them follow coon man around daily, sounds like the kinda reality tv they love to make now days
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 06:52 AM

There are numerous job search websites.
Google jobs in your area.
You WILL find many in your area that pay well for anyone who will show up on time and sober.
If you are still working through a temp agency, see what else they have available.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 05:40 PM

Ya really lots fun switching jobs an longer drive work for unknown, some pt possibilities out there a little futhor drive that pay more,have to see, in a crapper now
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 05:45 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/19/21 06:16 PM

Dave around here I've been seeing lots of jobs for cleaners. With 6 years experience I'd bet they hire you right away.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/30/21 07:13 PM

After get crap work out me again an all complain I been doing, been save my money an stay home all time, not do much trapping this holiday weekend because snow an cold coming an snowstorm sat an plan deer hunt tomma , so as soon as weather breaks in Jan with some snow melt an thaw an no snow forecast ideal conditions, I have decided after this morning to call in an no go work an set some traps instead an if cpl days no go in, so be it, or repeat this in Jan possibly bunch times , if job goes I fine with it, they hire temps that miss constantly , with perfect attendence record an do all work , not to worried,, just before I walk parklot an guy spread salt spreader in pickup , I see him eye me as hit parklot before near truck, he see me before , so open both doors 4 door an out boots on , he stop an put salt spreader an leave nod at me an laugh ridicule me put boots on, I hate this stuff an burns me up

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/30/21 07:28 PM

.... aught to run one those of boots straight up his bare *** Coonman!!!!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/30/21 07:33 PM

yup

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/30/21 08:24 PM

Mmmhuh

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/30/21 08:40 PM

Mmmhuh

exactly what I was thinking.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 01:16 AM

Doing 233 heavy fender hub parts, the weigh in at 150 plus pounds an lift some byself , in 5 hrs with helper an do lot work, each part goes out door for $7-800, made messly $60 after gas an taxes, even at low fur prices, trapping would been easier then this morning, that amount work is worth $150 take home me , bunch penny pinchers , stay way to long an need to go, time try have some fun in Jan thaw an miss lil work, it would be nothing compared to some other temps in comparison amount work they miss , not deal nite job I at now either, last year went out Chris's Christmas years Eve both after be told for sure they be there an door lock, it's not happing tomma nite, I have other plans

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 04:54 AM

You must have more money than I do Dave. If I miss work I don't get paid

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 05:40 AM

Shhh. If Dave misses work, I'm sure he won't be going back there anymore because they're just looking for a reason. And him getting fired from a place he hates so much, that pays so little, will be the BEST thing that ever happened to him. He'd be happier as a Piggly Wiggly cart boy than he is now.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 05:43 AM

No I am sure I do not have as much money as u

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 10:15 AM

Then how do you afford to just “miss lil work”?

Do you get vacation days?

I can’t talk, I’m taking nearly two weeks off in January, but I’ve got time to take.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 10:25 AM

Is Coonman related to that guy from years ago who wrote about catching pomossums or the like?

Or maybe he was trained by the Democrat party as a spokesman and currently not needed in D.C. so underemployed.

Consider this - his statements represent his thoughts. How would you like some of his thoughts going around in your head? Yikes!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 10:37 AM

I’d make a physiatrist appointment!

Anyway, gotta go set up decoys for goose hunting.

Have a good one Dave.

And everyone else too!
Posted By: Oysterman

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 12:04 PM

Lots of people don't know how to work especially people coming from welfare families. Generally speaking I feel we learn our work ethic from our parents. Some of us will fall short of what our parents taught us, some of us will rise up beyond what we were taught. I really do not like how people are sometimes treated in retail. The customer is NOT always right. I feel work would be much easier if corporate values included throwing out customers who yelled at and cussed at workers. Also, little to nothing is done about thieves. It us very demoralizing to be working very hard at a retail job to make money for a corporation just to watch profits (and your raise) walk out the door. It sucks. Just saying...

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 01:38 PM

No work at job today, another 4 day weekend with unpay holiday, it just dreaded in morning the unknown of what go be doing when get work, yesteday job was like a torture area on torture machine , always hard jobs an slackers get easier ones an work by themselves , rarely case me that work alone , I worry go fall over from heart attack

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 01:49 PM

Anyone ever watch the series movies, saw iv? Reminds of it that work

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 02:01 PM

Feel terrible this morning an lots stuff do bfore snow in tommorow , want get stuff done an go deer hunt this afternoon as could be last chance deer season as all snow in an in accessable start tomma afternoon , plus wind chills an cold tommorow morning
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 02:15 PM

The company I work for pays there drivers $30 plus a hour and have union benefits. They can't get enough people to fill the openings. The ones that do apply should not be drivers. (it takes forever to train them)

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 02:27 PM

I took a pay cut for a much easier job. Its not considered work if you love what you do.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
I took a pay cut for a much easier job. Its not considered work if you love what you do.

Exactly, I love what I do and it doesn’t feel like work. I get paid what the position and my experience is worth also, so can’t complain at all.

Didn’t kill any geese today, tried real hard to get my 82 year old hunting partner his first goose. Maybe next week.

Caught one fox

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by uplandpointer
The company I work for pays there drivers $30 plus a hour and have union benefits. They can't get enough people to fill the openings. The ones that do apply should not be drivers. (it takes forever to train them)

Dave only wants to work when he wants to work, and get paid top dollar to do it when he shows up.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 06:04 PM

Dave only wants to work when he wants to work, and get paid top dollar to do it when he shows up.

He should open his own business then, plenty of opportunities. My wife is the operation manager of a 3PL company and picked up a side gig cleaning $25 an hour a few nights a week. Extra $600 a month for little work.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 06:14 PM

I'm headed for Piggly Wiggly and can make some extra bux picking up change in the parking lot.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I'm headed for Piggly Wiggly and can make some extra bux picking up change in the parking lot.

Watch out for cars.Lol...,

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 06:48 PM

I actually disagree with this. From what I have seen, Dave seems like an incredibly dependable worker. Now he's fed up because none of his co-workers are dependable, which is understandable. Dave has a lot of issues, but I don't think showing up to work is one of them.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 06:56 PM

I’m not saying he can’t work, I’m saying he only wants to work the hours he wants to. Meaning he isn’t going to take another job unless it fits his schedule and what he wants to do it. Which is fine, i don’t want to work nights so I don’t have a job where I work nights. I’ve done my fair share of 12 and 24 hours shifts.

So maybe the “when he shows up” isn’t accurate. But, I do believe he doesn’t want to work on the schedule that the company who hired him wants him to work.

I also don’t believe he will ever do anything to improve his situation.

And frankly, he may be “dependable” but, I would not want him working for me as he wouldn’t be a good fit for the positions that I hire for. He complains too much, and it is never anything he does. Also he isn’t willing to do what is needed to improve.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 06:58 PM

I worked with a guy at CO-OP that took a week vacation and would come sit around CO-OP drinking coffee on vacation. I said "Tugboat.....you are a seriously damaged human being." laugh Same thing Madonna said about Dennis Rodman.......

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 06:59 PM

I’m not saying he can’t work, I’m saying he only wants to work the hours he wants to. Meaning he isn’t going to take another job unless it fits his schedule and what he wants to do it. Which is fine, i don’t want to work nights so I don’t have a job where I work nights. I’ve done my fair share of 12 and 24 hours shifts.

So maybe the “when he shows up” isn’t accurate. But, I do believe he doesn’t want to work on the schedule that the company who hired him wants him to work.

I also don’t believe he will ever do anything to improve his situation.

And frankly, he may be “dependable” but, I would not want him working for me as he wouldn’t be a good fit for the positions that I hire for. He complains too much, and it is never anything he does. Also he isn’t willing to do what is needed to improve.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 07:03 PM

Happy New Years Eve Gary. Went goose hunting today and didn’t fire a shot. Was hoping to get my 82 year old hunting partner his first goose. Will put in the work and get it for his 83rd birthday next week!

Gonna be back at it tomorrow morning.

Have two weeks to take off from work this month so will get it done before the season closes on the 22nd.

Hope all is well with you!

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 12/31/21 07:31 PM

Happy new year, everybody. This includes Dave.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 08:15 AM

Agree 100%. But he would probably be a decent worker for something that just needs a warm body.... like a Walmart greeter or such, because he DOES show up to work when he's scheduled.

I can't say a word about only wanting to work on his schedule. I pass on most jobs I look at because I have no desire to work 60-80 hours a week.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 03:04 PM

What are union benefits, is this something everyone else doesn't get? If so why not?
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 03:11 PM

Pension, Health care, paid vacation. scheduled wage increases, representation.....

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 03:37 PM

I don't pitty him one bit, has been told for almost 3 years now to get a better job.

I feel its laziness that he's still where he's at. Companies are offering bonuses like I've never seen before for warm bodies. Just saw ABF freight offering 5k sign on bonus for dock workers and 10k for drivers.

Its on him if he doesn't go find a job he likes and pays better instead of missing work to trap.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 03:42 PM

Shhh. If Dave misses work, I'm sure he won't be going back there anymore because they're just looking for a reason. And him getting fired from a place he hates so much, that pays so little, will be the BEST thing that ever happened to him. He'd be happier as a Piggly Wiggly cart boy than he is now.

Hey, they're probably paid more... tired

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 06:57 PM

Pension, Health care, paid vacation. scheduled wage increases, representation.....

I like have some those benefits, I should be able get away skip a 1/4 as much work as some ones do they hire, I never seen anyplace ever in my working history that has workers that work half a day an quit lot or day or 2 an quit an almost always 2 weeks is it with half time miss work , sone the ones they get me show what do, I notice alot time they just take off an common thing they say is, just had family emergency I got go now , don't know how they afford, Not sure what I write down for reason why on paperwork u got fill out for be gone, write down, couldn'take it in an then be ask why ? I don't know, if say truth, outdoor stuff plan,won't be good, screw them, then really get crap job, all time, there to strict an Stearn mgm for me an expect way to much work out me for $15 measly bucks hr ,this place likes hire lot temps an stay way to long, time go Feb to something , had cancel important medical appt, no Health ins, they won't let u go unless fork out $45 or $5500, can't rember what they say , don't know to many.jobs that are kinda on unskill side that offer big bonus , for hire, bum knee go against me is trouble that

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 09:53 PM

I like have some those benefits, I should be able get away skip a 1/4 as much work as some ones do

Some of those benefits? Lol. I'd think you would strive for all of them.

People quitting en mass should be a clue you are working at a crap hole. Using your knee as an excuse is just that . An excuse. If it's good enough where you are at it will be good enough elsewhere.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 11:23 PM

If good enough there , should be good elsewhere as long as not do lots walking

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/01/22 11:27 PM

You don't do any walking on the trap line?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/02/22 05:03 AM

Ya I do an always use a tile spade to walk with when trapping , works out on uneven terrain an steep banks an brave self on slippery places or climb out an shove it in ground an pull up to get out , probly try get knee somehow replace in summer , it was quite bad when season open for a week

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/02/22 05:43 AM

Some of those benefits? Lol. I'd think you would strive for all of them.

I don't. I strive for some of them. I won't work for a union. Healthcare and paid vacation/sick time are the only issues that matter to me. I believe I should receive a raise when I deserve it, not when some union says I need one, regardless of whether I show up to work on time or two hours late and drunk. I have no use of representation, I represent myself. I mean a pension I guess would be nice but I'm also okay with a 401K

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/02/22 11:04 AM

Angela, I should have clarified better. Insurance, and retirement plan, wether a pension or 401k type I think is pretty important. I suppose paid vacation and holidays would be nice, I haven't received those for 25 years. Although I'm in a union I'm management so I don't get representation or scheduled pay increases. I can be let go at any time for any reason and there is nothing the union could do for me. My pay increases are at the pleasure of the employer.

Dave, you couldn't afford a colonoscopy last summer, how are going to afford getting a knee fixed? You can't afford the procedure let alone the time off work. I feel for ya bud but that is the reality of life. Maybe when you get on Medicare.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/02/22 11:33 AM

At the end of the day this is all coonman's decision. There are plenty of full time jobs around Dubuque that he could apply for. I've listed several and he's ignored every one. All it takes is a search on the computer and a lot show up that offer medical/dental insurance,retirement, paid vacation, paid holidays (most do), and also pay more but he's not interested.
Good luck coonman.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/02/22 11:47 AM

In the late 1800's and early 1900's Medical doctor and founder of "Psychology" Alfred Adler was opposed to Sigmund Freud's theory that human behavior was permanently cast by age 6, theorizing instead that inferiority complexes and the choices people make during their lives result in their behaviors and the lives they lead.

I'm Adlerian. Every time I read these threads I can't help but agree with 'ol Alfred.

[Linked Image]

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/04/22 09:42 PM

I email temp place about possible pt job opportunities start in Feb when trapping over, after 4 years, don't even got locker to put coat on an keep work shoes or nothing , no place put coat at, hang it in oil slop I guess, disgusting , this morning hard slave job has ruined my day

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:30 AM

I email temp place about possible pt job opportunities start in Feb when trapping over, after 4 years, don't even got locker to put coat on an keep work shoes or nothing , no place put coat at, hang it in oil slop I guess, disgusting , this morning hard slave job has ruined my day

... could be worse... you could be related to Jtrap

... he was the back up squealer in deliverance

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:33 AM

Rocky had his locker taken from him too,,and look,,,he ended up the CHAMP !! grin

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:36 AM

I will send you a 3m hook, you can stick it up anywhere. Hang your coat and even your shoes I guess.

What was the “slave” job that ruined your day? I’m sure you were paid for your time so not really “slave”.

Have you ever considered looking at the positives for each day?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:37 AM

... could be worse... you could be related to Jtrap

... he was the back up squealer in deliverance

LOL,,,now that's funny.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:39 AM

Im thinking you could make a fortune,,,crying rivers for folks that are short on water??

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:40 AM

Maybe you should consider thinking of what my administrator does and I do with my instructors.

Good of the day and bad of the day!

You list a bad of the day, then, you list a good of the day.

What are “you” going to do to fix the bad of the day?

What are “you” going to do to have more or continue your good of the day?

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:48 AM

Maybe you should consider thinking of what my administrator does and I do with my instructors.

Gosh I hate that kind of stuff. I go to work to work. If I wanted to answer questions like that I'd go to a therapist, lol.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:51 AM

Gosh I hate that kind of stuff. I go to work to work. If I wanted to answer questions like that I'd go to a therapist, lol.

We always sit down at the end of a class or course and debrief if you will. Only takes a few minutes usually and is in normal conversation.

What went well, what needs fixing. Things like that. It’s all work, since we are all being paid to be there.

And I was thinking Dave should go to a therapist, but wanted him to start at asking himself.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:25 PM

If he did that,,then that therapist would need a therapist. smile

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:30 PM

"I am the rock therapists break themselves against."

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 01:32 PM

"I am the rock therapists break themselves against."

LOL,,,OK Beth smile

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 03:28 PM

It is very easy to get some of these Fed Gov jobs. You have to do a little digging to get on the right track. Then jump through all the hoops they request of you, not that difficult. Just takes time. must be a good communicator. Can't be a convicted felon. They dig into your past. But you may have to relocate, Dave. It is worth a try. I hate seeing anyone go through life in such turmoil every day.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 03:47 PM

There's plenty of federal government jobs in Virginia.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 06:33 PM

Dave may have to just fire up the ol S10.

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 08:07 PM

Why wouldn't you get a full time job, one with the bennies you desperately need??

Are you trolling us and are actually wealthy?
Lazy?
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 08:11 PM

Lets get a gofundme going to send him to a tony robbins convention
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Kind of employees in job market - 01/05/22 08:11 PM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums