Home

Meeker County Mn Lion

Posted By: stinkypete

Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/02/21 11:29 PM

My buddy’s son arrowed a deer last year. Lost blood trail to dark to track. Picked up trail at first light the next day. His deer was half eaten and buried under leaves and grass. DNR said Bobcat. I said BS that was a lion. The boy said the same thing. So the young man setup a trail cam up last week where he plans to hunt where the deer was eaten. Bingo!!!! Lion [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dstone1992

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/02/21 11:42 PM

Get the no.5s out.
Posted By: Mortz

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 12:01 AM

Show that to your dnr.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 12:03 AM

They know...just cannot admit it.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dstone1992
Get the no.5s out.

I would suggest the MB750W's. smile
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 12:21 AM

catch it. make the game warden come get it. put the pictures on tman

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 12:29 AM

laugh. Yeah! That would be great Danny

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 12:31 AM

For those that aren’t familiar with the part of MN. This is farmland. Funny thing is lot of River bottom and Marshland though. But still dominated by huge tracks of corn and beans. Amazes me how this lion has adapted to the area.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 12:47 AM

^^^^
Cats adapt about as well as coyotes. Cougars will live anywhere there are deer or elk.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 01:04 AM

Could be like our dept of conservation. Missouri does not admit that there are any female mountain lions in the state. We just have males looking for a new territory. Talking to several people that work for the department..... If we admit there are females, then you admit a breeding population, then you must allocate resources and time to manage it.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyTime
Could be like our dept of conservation. Missouri does not admit that there are any female mountain lions in the state. We just have males looking for a new territory. Talking to several people that work for the department..... If we admit there are females, then you admit a breeding population, then you must allocate resources and time to manage it.

Yep, everybody knows they're here. Your explanation makes sense to me
Posted By: trap master

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 02:30 AM

Makes sense turkey time, what county you in? I'm in Sullivan and my neighbor got pics of a cow elk on trail cam over last weekend, no ear tags or necklace and no game farms anyone knows of or elk breeders. Weird, no clue where it came from
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
For those that aren’t familiar with the part of MN. This is farmland. Funny thing is lot of River bottom and Marshland though. But still dominated by huge tracks of corn and beans. Amazes me how this lion has adapted to the area.

Got dear ???
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 03:18 AM

Cougar are in several MN. counties,even metro area.
If you want the hair on the back of your neck to stand up--be hauling a load of fre3sh caught beaver out and run into smoking hot cougar tracks.
Tom
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 03:50 AM

What state was that picture taken in??
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by newtoga
What state was that picture taken in??

Minnesota,plenty of sightings,even roadkills. Go east young cougars.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 06:57 AM

We had the same thing from our wildlife folks down here. Spent most of my youth in southern Idaho and was able to hunt them. Game warden said no way when I told him on two different occasions that I had seen a single and a pair. Well about 10 years ago I told a government trapper I knew that I had been seeing sign where I was wanting to bow hunt. Don't know how he did it but he caught it and got it in a cage. To say that he took the long way around to get it to headquarters would be a vast understatement. Low and behold we have a few resident and a pretty large number of mountain lions. At least that is the story they have been telling since then.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 08:08 AM

was on the missouri river several years ago with a buddy named mark. goes by bigfoot on here. we found plain as day lion tracks. there have been a few in mo for a long time. i found some here in ks not far from where i live about 20 years ago. that spring a young tom was hit by a car up by kansas city. i wonder if it was the same cat. to have a lot of them you need more than just deer. i dont agree that they can adapt like coyotes. one real obvious difference is cats are picky eaters. even when hungry. coyotes can survive on corn silage
Posted By: 160user

Re: Meeker County Mn Lion - 11/03/21 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Cougar are in several MN. counties,even metro area.
If you want the hair on the back of your neck to stand up--be hauling a load of fre3sh caught beaver out and run into smoking hot cougar tracks.
Tom

Several years ago I was trapping rats through the ice on a little lake in the middle of nowhere. The old man decided to go with and muzzleloader hunt while I checked traps. I had my old lab with me and on our way out a lion screamed and that old dog tried to get inside my coat! When the old man came out he had cut the tracks. I went in there the following day and found the kill it had buried. We had "accidentally" got it pinned between us and the lake.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums