Home

Bama move up !

Posted By: jbyrd63

Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 01:18 PM

Well Well boys and girls you know how you northerners gloated about bama's loss to a unranked team , where is that unranked team at now !!! Bet they are in the top 10 after this week ! SOO that means Bama's strength of schedule will be higher. OH wait it can't be because theirs is already the number one hardest schedule in the nation.
Lets see where is oh-cry- ST strength of schedule 75th LOL LOL LOL .
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 02:44 PM

piece of work...
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 02:59 PM

Bama should move ahead of Georgia the way they slaughtered bottom feeder LSU in their own stadium. Please tell me where you find the information where you determine who has the hardest schedule, I would like to see where Penn State ranks.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Bama should move ahead of Georgia the way they slaughtered bottom feeder LSU in their own stadium. Please tell me where you find the information where you determine who has the hardest schedule, I would like to see where Penn State ranks.

depends on what site you use. It varies wildly across sites
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 05:32 PM

Lsu was ranked???
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 05:34 PM

I think GA vs Bama is going to be the best game of the year. Probably better than the playoff games.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 06:15 PM

Still waiting Jbyrd, did you get your information for hardest schedule from CNN, lol, lol. Maybe you got it from Nancy Pelosi, lol, lol.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 07:39 PM

Maybe I am missing something. Penn State plays 6 teams ranked in the top 25 and Alabama plays 3, The won loss record for the teams Penn State plays is 70 wins and 39 losses, the record for the teams Alabama plays is 57 wins and 50 losses and you are saying Alabama has the hardest schedule in the country. lol, lol.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 08:30 PM

I assumed this was a joke until I saw who started it. Still a joke I guess. Is this the same Alabama that barely beat another unranked team? At home? If they don’t drop its because everyone else looked like crap too.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/07/21 09:15 PM

I'm just glad the Vols beat Kentucky yesterday, and I hope Bama doesn't make the playoffs, I get tired of seeing the same teams win it all. Cincinnati definitely don't look like a top team after watching them yesterday. Georgia looks to be the team this year
Posted By: bass10

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/08/21 02:36 PM

Yawn, lol, lol, lol, lol
Posted By: hippie

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/08/21 05:22 PM

We could turn this into a meme thread.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/08/21 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I think GA vs Bama is going to be the best game of the year. Probably better than the playoff games.

I've been a Bama fan for years. But...If the Tide plays Georgia the same as they did against LSU, it will be a complete blood bath and Georgia will make short work out of it too.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/08/21 08:14 PM

Don't be too hard on them Hippie, some of those Alabama fans I consider friends.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/08/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I've been a Bama fan for years. But...If the Tide plays Georgia the same as they did against LSU, it will be a complete blood bath and Georgia will make short work out of it too.

I agree. But, I don't think Bama will play GA the way they played LSU. As a Bama fan for years surely you've noticed they play p-poor when playing poor teams and amazing when playing good teams.

That said, GA is VERY good this year and I sure wouldn't put any money on Bama winning. But I wouldn't put any money on GA either. I think it'll be a nail biter.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:04 AM

I agree with you on the playing the p-poor teams. You can be sure Saban will have them "coached up" good and proper so they will be ready for GA. At least as ready as they can.be.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:12 AM

Just google it . I'll see if i can find the link again., BUt College game day and the espn crew last tuesday when the rankings were revealed had the SOS listed beside each of the top 10 teams.

DANG i just googled it and 5 -10 sites pop up NONE are even close to each other. But my comment was based on the espn rankings show. Bama is anywhere from 1-16 on google sites. OH ST 8-78. Penn is around 10-25. So forget what I said or just keep searching until you find one you want !!

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:16 AM

Hey I said weeks ago georgia would put a whipping on bama. Still think that . See i'm not blinded by decades of self inflation about how good the team really is. OR if they loose I point out why. Unlike certain teams on the other side of the ohio river.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by hippie
We could turn this into a meme thread.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hippie where is the pic of them dancing thru confetti and marching in the victory parade after kicking the snot out everyone on the way to the national championship .What is it up to now 6 out of 10 or is it 12 years. Remind me how many time ohst has even been there over the same time span. I know you won it with terminal Meyer in 2014. Laid a goose egg one year . Got gut stomped last year . You guys scored on the opening kick off against terminal meyer and tebo but it was 42 -7 at half . Just can't see how you guys really think your that good. Just based on final outcome. Now you do good in the participation trophy bowls. But funny how you always get a team rank 10-15 spots under you when you play those. Hmmmm just the facts maam only the facts.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:42 AM

Philadelphia fans LOVE the jaybird!

(they're no longer the most obnoxious sports fans in the world)

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:53 AM

Maybe I am missing something. Penn State plays 6 teams ranked in the top 25 and Alabama plays 3, The won loss record for the teams Penn State plays is 70 wins and 39 losses, the record for the teams Alabama plays is 57 wins and 50 losses and you are saying Alabama has the hardest schedule in the country. lol, lol.

Nittany better look again Bama has played more ranked teams than that . Which way you looking at it "ranked at the time of the game, or ranked as of today. fla st and fla both were ranked when they played them. missippi is 14 texas am is 12 and rising ms state was 16 Lsu was ranked at one time. .But it wont matter in the end . rankings are opinions and everyone has one.

here's one link shows bama hardest
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 03:04 AM

Don't be too hard on them Hippie, some of those Alabama fans I consider friends.

There's only one who won't figure out I jest, and I too like most of them.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 10:39 AM

I am looking at current rankings. That is much more telling than looking at pre-season rankings. Pre-season rankings mean nothing, even rankings a few weeks ago mean nothing or Penn State would be in the running for the Play offs.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 12:25 PM

Ive watched Ga. play several games this season, they have ONE weak spot on defense, every team they have played has had a receiver running down the field by his self! QB's on those teams just never saw them, Bama won't be like that and they have a QB that can hit them with the ball not throw it 20 yards over their head like that cow college QB we have in the state.

That's the ONLY reason id hesitate to think Ga. will blow Bama out of the water. That said, this is a young team this year so enjoy it while you can, they will be a wrecking ball next year.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:07 PM

When the chips are on the table, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if 'Bama beats Georgia.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:56 PM

But as for rankings yes they change by the day Just heard one interesting thing Mich st only had one win against a team with a winning record Michigan How were they in the top 4 ? Well until they lost lol lol

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 01:59 PM

I am looking at current rankings. That is much more telling than looking at pre-season rankings. Pre-season rankings mean nothing, even rankings a few weeks ago mean nothing or Penn State would be in the running for the Play offs.

So you’re saying bama didn’t loose to an unranked team !!!! Texas am is in top 15 and going to top 10 today

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

So you’re saying bama didn’t loose to an unranked team !!!! Texas am is in top 15 and going to top 10 today

grin

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 02:48 PM

That would be correct jbyrd, Bama's only loss thus far was to a ranked team this year.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 05:16 PM

I don't know all the teams in each division, but looks like the ones from the north(big) out number the ones from the south(sec) in the top 25.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 05:18 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Ya, na?

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 05:51 PM

I don't know all the teams in each division, but looks like the ones from the north(big) out number the ones from the south(sec) in the top 25.

I'm seeing 5-5 unless I'm missing a Big10 one?

Iowa
WI
MI
MI ST
OH ST

Who am I missing?

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 05:53 PM

Penn State?

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 05:54 PM

They're not in the CFP rankings. And those are really the only rankings that matter anymore.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 06:04 PM

Ill check that out, what's that stand for?

I'd watch some college ball if they'd have a schedule that meant something. Something where the big spenders played the big teams of another division as their off games.
Never saw a sport with such a dumb scheduling system where there's only a couple games a year that are competitive.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 06:12 PM

College Football Playoff committee. You'll have to look at last week's rankings. This week's CFP rankings get released at 9pm est tonight

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/10/year/2021/seasontype/2

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 06:24 PM

Ill check that out, what's that stand for?

I'd watch some college ball if they'd have a schedule that meant something. Something where the big spenders played the big teams of another division as their off games.
Never saw a sport with such a dumb scheduling system where there's only a couple games a year that are competitive.

It's because the committees rely on wins and losses. IF they ever start a real tournament more than 4 teams you will see that. I have always thought it was crazy to let opinions and not head to head competition determine the champ. The 4 team playoff is better than before but still alot of human likes involved. The difference in basket ball is at the end of the season 64 teams have the same chance to be crowned the champ. Yes I know 64 is not feasible but 16 wouldn't be a problem. Some teams wait 6- 8 weeks before they play a bowl game. 5 big five conf champs. 3 small conference champs. and 8 at large . Games are done end of November. One week off then start tournament. Still be finished in time for National champion game with week off. The game is Jan 10th 6 weeks after the regular season ends.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 06:59 PM

I agree Jbird, college football schedules need a severe overhaul.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 07:29 PM

Its quite simple when they lost to Texas A&M they lost to an unranked team. I think you argue just to listen to yourself babble and to post to get your hate in.

Re: Bama move up ! - 11/09/21 07:32 PM

Yes with all the talk of SOC has anyone in college football this year played a team where they were 51 1/2 point favorites? What a joke but some idiots on here bash other schedules.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums