Home

CNN bought up

Posted By: Law Dog

CNN bought up - 11/21/21 03:48 PM

Sounds like failing CNN is getting a make over with new leadership coming in, I wonder if the fired clowns will start their own circus then. The plan is to go back to fact based news and not with the idiots pushing agendas of their own making. Now MSNBC will be the next to go we can hope real news would be a refreshing change for sure.

My guess many of the mouth pieces will be unemployable as they are so toxic and divisive nobody would have them.

We will see
Posted By: sneaky

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 03:51 PM

Probably be more business as usual I'm afraid. Nothing will probably change. Probably trying to rebrand themselves before the defamation suits hit
Posted By: waggler

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 03:53 PM

I think you might be hoping for too much.

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 04:02 PM

New shareholder claims to be taking it in a different direction keeping it the same would make no sense when your at the bottom you would think. With CNN at the bottom and Fox is at the top so doing the same at CNN would be a plan for failure you would think.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 04:12 PM

Hope the wind doest blow, snowflakes will be spread far and wide.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 04:13 PM

I would think it would depend on what letter the new owner has behind his name.

Factual news reporting is dead.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 04:16 PM

Most news outlets are owned by the left. Not much worth the time to watch any of it.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 04:47 PM

The solution I came up with to deal with the biased left news media is for those on the right to buy them, then clean house. It's a long game solution, but doable. NY Slimes was bought at bargain basement price by Mexican? Carlos Slim? Millions of small investors......buying publicly traded stocks.....then proxy the shareholder votes.

Do the same with CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC......and that includes the radio news outlets, which may be some of the worst offenders going.

Target one......and everyone go after it. Get control and flip it and move on to the next one.
Posted By: white17

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 04:56 PM

AT&T owns CNN. Public company. If you own AT&T you also own part of CNN
Posted By: hippie

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 04:58 PM

News always was slanted to a point, we just didn't have another way of finding out like we do now.

An example is reporting that went on during the war years.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 05:11 PM

A Big Thanks to Donald Trump for exposing the Fake News and the Left for who they really are.
Posted By: BandB

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by white17

ATT espouses the same drivel as CNN on a daily basis. And it starts at the top.

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 05:42 PM

Time Warner will be the new owners.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
A Big Thanks to Donald Trump for exposing the Fake News and the Left for who they really are.

Pretty sure Reagan and Rush were on this in the 80's.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

Pretty sure Reagan and Rush were on this in the 80's.

They were on it,but Trump was the first president that punched back and called them out specifically at each and every turn.Reagan would call them out every now and then,then moved on.Trump threw hard rights and lefts every chance he got.To be fair to Trump,no president or his family ever had more nonsense thrown at him than he did.
Not long after Trump was sworn in the press was convinced he was mentally unfit for the job.Somehow something was leaked about him drinking 20+ diet cokes a day.CNN brought in their "exspurts"to explain how this could make you mentally unstable.They had 20+ coke cans lined up on their counter with news anchors and educated idiots weighing in on what this would do to your brain.I've watched politics for 40 years and never saw so much stupidity on display from so called educated elites.It was refreshing to see a president come out swinging,and never ever back down.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 06:34 PM

Anyone that has paid any attention to the news Knows it was left slanted even back in the 70's. It has just came more out into the light of day more. Walter Cronkite was far more left leaning then most think. Walter Cronkite symbolized liberal media bias progressive liberal

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 07:01 PM

A lot more people question what they are being told then anytime in the past I’d say is going on today.

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 07:25 PM

Trump being openly nasty to reporters, probably was not as effective as Reagan's methods. Reagan won re-election by 49 States to 1 State and a district.

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 08:30 PM

Reagan didn't have near the hysterical type of coverage Trump had,which began the moment he was announced the winner.And it still hasn't stopped
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by BandB
Originally Posted by white17

ATT espouses the same drivel as CNN on a daily basis. And it starts at the top.

And how would you know this?
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
News always was slanted to a point, we just didn't have another way of finding out like we do now.

An example is reporting that went on during the war years.

You are CORRECT^^^^^^^
Posted By: Boco

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 10:31 PM

Bidens crew is going to nationalize it.

Re: CNN bought up - 11/21/21 11:40 PM

"No wonder that Donaldson is the reporter that conservatives most love to hate, and that some of them see Sam sabotaging Uncle Sam. The posturing Robert Novak has accused Donaldson on TV of having an anti-Reagan agenda. And Herschensohn charged that Donaldson’s post-speech analysis of Reagan’s Wednesday night TV address was aimed at turning the nation against the President."

Reagan didn't have fox news or talk radio shillin for him, back when the press was so nice.
Posted By: kseric

Re: CNN bought up - 11/22/21 12:13 AM

Factual news? I'll believe it when I see it. Lol
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: CNN bought up - 11/22/21 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
"No wonder that Donaldson is the reporter that conservatives most love to hate, and that some of them see Sam sabotaging Uncle Sam. The posturing Robert Novak has accused Donaldson on TV of having an anti-Reagan agenda. And Herschensohn charged that Donaldson’s post-speech analysis of Reagan’s Wednesday night TV address was aimed at turning the nation against the President."

Reagan didn't have fox news or talk radio shillin for him, back when the press was so nice.

I wanted to punch Donaldson in the face long before I became a radical right winger. lol
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: CNN bought up - 11/22/21 12:45 AM

CNN = Clinton News Network.

Re: CNN bought up - 11/22/21 12:53 AM

There is no comparison to the treatment Trump received to the treatment other presidents received,none whatsoever.Its not even a serious conversation

Re: CNN bought up - 11/22/21 02:27 PM

Has there ever been a President that has been as openly hostile to reporters and the press? IMO the news networks have changed. More focused on politics and less on news. Last year I was forced to watch I think CNN and maybe MSNBC. Non-stop Trump bashing. There was no news. It was similar to talk radio.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: CNN bought up - 11/22/21 02:42 PM

LOL no, it's been obvious for about 40 years. I did a story for the school newspaper when I was in college about how the mainstream media was putting out horribly biased news stories on how they reported about abortion. That was in 1990.

Re: CNN bought up - 11/22/21 03:09 PM

"What made the media’s bias dangerous, then, as much as their ideology was the monopoly they enjoyed. But starting in the 1980s, the rise of talk radio, cable news shows, and most importantly the Internet has created more competition for the mainstream media. Voters now have a plethora of choices for news and opinion, and the biased reporting of the past is now swiftly exposed by those alternative sources of information."
© 2024 Trapperman Forums