Home

Color?

Posted By: Chamacat

Color? - 11/25/21 05:24 PM

Yep..So I'm researching what is the hardest color for the eye to see..Right off the bat I thought the answer was the color black..Well it isn't..Then from what I gather the color purple is hardest color for the human eye to see...SO...There is so many explanations that I gave up more or less...What color do you think is the hardest for the human eye to see?...Oh I did read that the color magenta does not exist..because it's not in the color spectrum..interesting..Thanks
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 05:45 PM

I'm not sure about specific colors but obviously the "in betweeners" can be hard to distinguish, how many people can really see a difference between "blue-green" and "green-blue" if they were right beside each other. Then you get into various color blindness, with green and red affected being more common, so perhaps that is why you might think purple is the toughest because it has a good amount of red in it.

I never took a formal "cartography" class but if you hang around certain people long enough, a person picks up a lot of the "accepted" styles. In making choropleth maps, especially when using a similar set of colors or gray scale, they say not to have more than 7 "classes" in your map, 5 is even better. If a person has more information than that to show, then other techniques may be better...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choropleth_map
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 06:05 PM

I don't know about hardest to see , but Vantablack absorbs over 99% of light directed at it.

Kinda cool stuff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack
Posted By: midlander

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 06:23 PM

Purple is not the hardest , probably just the opposite. That's why some states use purple paint for trespass laws, because even some folks with problems seeing color can see purple. Full disclosure, im not an eye doctor smile
Posted By: TRAPPER-ED

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 07:19 PM

purple is the easiest color for fish to see
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 08:24 PM

Clear would be the hardest. laugh
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 08:28 PM

red
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JTfromWV
Clear would be the hardest. laugh

grin Wise guy ..... laugh

Colour is to me, like flight.....the world of many dimensional tones is a gift to enjoy every waking moment.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 10:07 PM

There are likely a bunch of colours we will never know about off both ends of the colour spectrum that we are not able to see at all
Posted By: TravC

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 10:52 PM

White sure seems to tick everyone off
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Color? - 11/25/21 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by TravC

grin That is one reason I never liked too much white on horses. Until I saw the gloss even in white hair. It glows with all the colours of a diamond in the sun. The total prism of colours gleams off white hair.

I still don't like too much white on horses, only because they roll in grass and become green grin
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 12:05 AM

There are some colors that I think only women can see, like teal. That is not a color!
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 02:54 AM

I think it depends on what the background color is. Woodland camo is hard to see in the woods but would be pretty easy to spot against an orange or yellow background. Purple would be hard to see if everything else around it was a dark color. But not if everything around it was white.

I guess I don't understand what "hard to see" means.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 02:59 AM

If I ever get hit by a car , i would be a grey one.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 03:00 AM

trying to read food labels you find some interesting combinations to make it harder to read , pink on clear , green on yellow

if you can't easily read it , there is a reason for that , just put it back on the shelf
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by midlander
Purple is not the hardest , probably just the opposite. That's why some states use purple paint for trespass laws, because even some folks with problems seeing color can see purple. Full disclosure, im not an eye doctor smile

My colorblind buddy might disagree?...and Im not sure either, but
I think it may "melt" and blend into the greys, but im not an eye
doc either! Ill ask him tomorrow.
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 03:13 AM

Lol.

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 03:14 AM

white writing on clear packaging sure is hard to read
Posted By: EdP

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 01:03 PM

The interpretation of blue-green seems to me to be related to eye color. I have blue eyes and see more blue whereas my wife and sons have brown eyes and see more green.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Color? - 11/26/21 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

grin That is one reason I never liked too much white on horses. Until I saw the gloss even in white hair. It glows with all the colours of a diamond in the sun. The total prism of colours gleams off white hair.

I still don't like too much white on horses, only because they roll in grass and become green grin

He might just ban you for saying this eh' White? LOL!
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Color? - 11/27/21 03:10 AM

All I know is the best tasting crayons are the red ones, especially if you chase them with school paste mixed with stale Cheerios, all served on a sheet of construction paper.
I didn't fair to well in art class, but I ate well.

Re: Color? - 11/27/21 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
All I know is the best tasting crayons are the red ones, especially if you chase them with school paste mixed with stale Cheerios, all served on a sheet of construction paper.
I didn't fair to well in art class, but I ate well.

i had a basset beagle mix that ate crayons , his poop tattled on him.

you could tell how cold it was by how far the yellow snow was from the back steps , at negative temps , he just peed on the bottom step
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Color? - 11/27/21 01:32 PM

How can a red fox blend in with the grass as well as they do? From a distance they blend in so well yet stand out the closer you get.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums