Home

Salvation Army now embraces CRT

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Salvation Army now embraces CRT - 11/25/21 07:31 PM

Just saw a Newsweek article and on Sky News Australia that the Salvation Army has an initiative to embrace this wokeness ideology and white people need to apologize for their white privilege. No more support for me and I will now walk past the kettles without donating. According to these articles, long time supporters are stopping to contribute.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Salvation Army now embraces CRT - 11/25/21 07:56 PM

Oops.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Salvation Army now embraces CRT - 11/25/21 08:22 PM

from the Salvation Army's website

"Though we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, their backgrounds, or their lifestyle—recently some individuals and groups have attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agenda(s). They have made outrageous claims that we believe our donors should apologize for their own racism, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that our organization has abandoned its beliefs for one ideology or another. In fact, an online petition is asking supporters to “stand against the insertion of politically charged racial ideologies into The Salvation Army’s good work.”

Those claims are false, and they distort the very goal of our work.

The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and we are called to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs are important because we know that racism exists, and we are therefore determined to do everything the Bible asks us to do to overcome it."

Seems to me that The Salvation Army is not embracing CRT. They seem to talk out of both sides of their mouths tho.

In their position statement about racism they state "The Salvation Army will continue to make efforts to ensure ethnic diversity in international and territorial leadership." is The SA going push people into leadership roles based on "ethnic diversity" or by putting the best qualified for the job into leadership role?

Also in the same document "Salvationists should raise their families to appreciate the diversity of cultures and ethnicities" Is a SA, a Christian organization going to appreciate all sects of Muslim faith? Even the ones that call for Jihad?

I would feel better about the SA if they stated that they believe all men should be treated equal and that we strive for a color blind society.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Salvation Army now embraces CRT - 11/25/21 08:28 PM

I want my five dollars back.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums